Topic Stats

• 23,852 posts - Hot topic!
  • 2,345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 minutes ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 1,121 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6198 (resized).jpeg
    bikes1 (resized).jpg
    adcc8631-0ad1-436f-bac6-b92e38c5e4b1 (resized).jpg
    cde76292-235b-4aeb-93ad-e03a4f86cf0e (resized).jpg
    396724a8-c984-4b78-823c-5182cb817327 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205403289 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205413200 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205452551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205433432 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205443930 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205502934 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205514994 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205521414 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205546968 (resized).jpg
    20240421_204123 (resized).jpg
    20240421_210141 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1333 10 years ago

There are some great ideas in here. I should be closing on my new house next month and moving in shortly there after. Here is what I have to work with. GameRoom.jpgGameRoom.jpg

#1334 10 years ago

DP Livingroom.jpgLivingroom.jpg

#1335 10 years ago

TP Livinroom2.jpgLivinroom2.jpg

#1338 10 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

Wow! There are a lot of really enviable game rooms here, but Garrett - I'm with o-din: CLASSY! My living room is a similar shade of red. Even if it wasn't for the pins, that looks like an incredible place to unwind and get away from it all.

I agree and you have given me some inspiration! What color is the "Red" or whatever. I think I will be doing something similar.

#1339 10 years ago
    Quoted from chalkup8:

Nice space,how many pins need to fit there?

Hah, one so far! I have METLE on order, but am already looking for more pins and some video games now. I figure 3 or 4 pins, a pool table or air hockey, and a 60 in 1 type video game/cocktail table will be perfect.

#1340 10 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

^^^ yup that'll work! Congrats on the new digs

\

Thanks man, not quite there yet, but it should happen. What do you guys think of replacing the tile with wood flooring?

#1352 10 years ago
    Quoted from SteveFury:

Everyone has some great points about tile versus wood flooring. One thing rarely considered is the way flooring dramatically effects the acoustics of a room.
    Me, personally I prefer tile to be in certain areas such as kitchens and bathrooms because there's not a whole lot of noise sources a person would want to pay attention to. A dramatically contrasted example would be a tile floor in a home theater. In that case you have two or more sound sources which you definitely don't want multiple room reflections.
    I am not sure if a room full of pins in a highly acoustically reflective room would be versus a lesser one regarding someone who may be sensitive to the noise. I only have two pins and they are EM. If I had a choice in designing a game/entertainment room it would most surely have flooring of thick carpet and I'll do some kind of sound absorbing wall treatment. An acoustically "dead" room naturally sounds warmer and more inviting than its opposite.

The room in question, the one in the pics is where I am considering the wood. To be honest, im not a real serious audiophile, so the feel and the look of the room are more what I would be interested in. I do want to get a decent home theater setup and certainly some carpet would have to be added, most likely in the seating area. I wont have that many pins I don't think, probably two, maybe three. I wont be doing anything until I get home and this tile is brand new and looks pretty good. Its just something about wood that intrigues me..

Thank you for your input, it is definitely things to consider.

1 month later
    #1483 10 years ago

Looking good ya'll!!

1 week later
    #1551 10 years ago

Well I close on my house, this will be the game room. I only have one game, METLE, and its still boxed up, waiting for me to get home!

GameRoom.jpgGameRoom.jpg Metbox.jpgMetbox.jpg

9 months later
    #2523 10 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Yeah, I get hate mail all the time. It's ok though, the animals get over it.

And while those idiots send hate mail, they have a steak on the grill! Ok back on topic and bad Ass gamerooms!!

#2555 9 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Ha ha. No, we communicated using the spoken word, where homonyms are indistiguishable and therefore cannot be incorrect, for instance. But if someone did say "supposably" or somesuch I might provide a gentle ribbing, I suppose.
    I rarely (as in less than 0.1% of available opportunities) correct anyone, and when I do I try to be humorous about it.

Irregardless, you have a nice game room

2 months later
    #2888 9 years ago

WINNER!! ^^^^^ Not that we are looking for winners of course, but my dream is to have a large enough space to do exactly that, cars, games!!!!!

#2890 9 years ago

Awesome!

2 months later
    #3005 9 years ago

Refrigerator Perry Jersey!

2 weeks later
    #3089 9 years ago

I definitely want a LUCI, it looks so bad ass next the Metallica!

6 months later
    #4107 8 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

Here’s our game room! I really wanted it to feel like a showroom when you walk in…we’ve got the track lights down the middle which provides very dramatic lighting as well as eliminates glare on playfield glass. We also have RGB LEDs around the walls behind crown moulding for ambience.
    When all of the games are on we turn the track lights off and let the RGB LEDs light up the place. We also have in-ceiling speakers around the room, which are great for pumping out 80s tunes or modern stuff, depending on the age of the visitors.
    The room is about 20x20 feet with a maximum of 13 games plus our custom Mass Effect arcade cabinet.
    We also opted for the memory foam carpet padding to make standing around for hours as comfortable as possible. Not pictured is the mini bar with beverage fridge and a tasty selection of bourbons and whiskeys.
    Overall I would definitely recommend the RGB crown moulding lighting, dark walls with a white ceiling, adjustable track lighting down the center, and in-ceiling speakers for distributed music.
    1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    3.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    4.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    5.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    6.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    7.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Awesome room!! I will be doing the crown moulding as well, how far down from the ceiling is it. Ceiling to where the lights sit?

3 months later
    #4777 8 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Well, I finally got moved into one gameroom after having games in 2 houses for 3 years.
    Pics below are the close to final updates.
    Video below is a short walk through
    » YouTube video
    I added lighted crown molding and 4 new (centrally located) "Hue" can lights to the room and attached the Philips Hue System via controllers and LED lighting I purchased on Amazon. The regular Philips Hue LED strips are too short (6 feet) and are expensive for what you get ($90) so I bought a suitable substitute (see final notes). I did buy ONE of the Hue 6' strips and placed that behind my handmade Pinball hero card frame (see pics). All lights are controlled via the Hue Tap hardware device as using your phone is simple a PITA
    Room Details
    Lighting
    • RGBW up-lighting via crown molding (45 feet)
    • Philips Friends of Hue LED light strip (1 strip)
    • Philips Hue LED (RGBW) can lights (4)
    Scale and Capacity
    • Room dimensions 154" deep x 17' long side one and 20' long side 2
    • Machine capacity = 11 games
    • Spacing between game backboxes = 4"
    • Spacing game to game (between lock down bars) = 42"
    • Storage closet for: Rolling tool cabinet and rolling parts storage
    Features
    • Custom made Pinball hero card frame (LED backlit)
    • Hardwood flooring, felt cups on all machines
    • Slide games left or right for working area
    • Removing games requires: Pinskates to hallway, pinball lift to door, handcart from there
    • Pinskates are critically important to being able to easily remove/add games as room is "tight"
    • Rolling tool cabinet is a small Home Depot "Husky" model. I replaced all caster with large, soft rubber ones
    • Rolling parts/supplies cabinet is from Target. I filled that with Walmart Sterlite brand locking containers in order to have sorting ability in each large drawer
    Philips Hue Notes
    • Non-Hue LED controllers that INTEGRATE with the Hue system
    • You can buy all you need right on Amazon.com
    Hero Card Frame Notes
    • Created 11 Custom "hero" cards, had them printed at Walmart on 1" backers
    • See my old thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hero-cards
    • After moving to new room, I needed a common place to mount them
    • Bought 3/4 inch MDF, routed the edge, added Phlips Hue LED strip behind, then framed in molding to reflect light
    • Spray painted navy blue, then spatter painted with yellow, orange and red (turn can upside down and tap)
    • Mounted all of the Hero cards using command strips so I can trade games and keep the frame up to date
    Crown Molding Notes
    • Installing this is not as hard as you would think if you know how. I've installed Crown before but never below the ceiling and the below link was extremely helpful:
    http://www.diyadvice.com/diy/carpentry/crown-molding/uplights/
    • Buy and "pre-paint" all the crown molding you will need
    • Snap a chalkline at height you want the bottom of the crown to be (I left 6" from top of crown to ceiling)
    • Cut your nailers at the crown molding "spring angle" (51 degrees in my case) using your table saw
    • Mark your studs, then nail on your nailer strips (using the chalk-line you snapped)
    • Hang your crown molding on the nailer strips (nail gun is very handy and passload is fastest)
    • Caulk all the little nail holes and then touch up paint
    • Add your LED lights and controllers
    Thanks to many folks on this thread for ideas and inspiration
    The Dresden Elektronic controllers at $69.95 can be found on Amazon (and are discoverable and fully integrated into the Hue system/Tap control, etc.) When wiring your LED lights to the controller, wire the "black" wire on the LED string to the LED "+" spot on the controller. Also swap the "R" and the "G" wires with each other (see note below)
    amazon.com link »
    The LED light strips at $18.99 can be found on Amazon (and are 16' long, can be cut and soldered and are nice and bright, note that on the sets that I bought, I had to reverse the red and green leads into the controller in order for the color behavior to "match" what I saw on my Hue app. Once switched [one time deal] the behavior and color was perfect.
    amazon.com link »
    The power supply at $12.88 can be found on Amazon (you'll need to cut the end off, wire the red wire to + and black to minus on the Dresden Elektronic controller) When you cut off "part A" - save it. You can remove the 5 pin connector to plug into the OTHER end (part B) to connect another strand or portion of strand to make your light run longer than 16 feet AND do it with no soldering.
    amazon.com link »
    20150801_223853_1.jpg
    20150801_223807_1.jpg
    20150807_201539_1.jpg
    20150807_201555.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1438972368778.jpg
    20150807_201718_1.jpg
    2015-08-07_14.48.13_1.jpg
    20150807_201652_1.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1438972454181_1.jpg

Thank you thank you for this post!!! Great job and thanks for the details!!!

1 month later
    #5024 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

More work has been done to the new home and the basement. As usual, I'll keep it to just the gameroom/basement:
    Drywall now up in the media room.
    Picture 015.jpg
    Standing in the media room, facing the rest of the basement.
    Picture 017.jpg
    Drywall up in the area for where the pins will go.
    Picture 018.jpg
    Shot of the rest of the basement. This would be if you were standing with your back facing the pins.
    Picture 019.jpg
    Here is a shot of the exterior of the home as of Saturday. More brick has been put up now. Siding will start going on later this week.
    Picture 014.jpg
    We plan to close 8-9 Oct with a tentative move-in date of 12 Oct. I'll be moving the pins myself if you're wondering.

I would hate to be your backyard neighbor lol. Talk about blocking out the sun! Ouch!

#5066 8 years ago
    Quoted from grifter:

Well, I guess one machine still makes it a game room.

11990451_10153026911080458_7256658602832097492_n.jpg

I'm with you man!! Still got a game room!!!

IMAG0741.jpgIMAG0741.jpg

#5096 8 years ago

Me too, heh!

2 months later
    #5561 8 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

Just gotta show the love for this thread - anybody can put a pic of their game room / barcade / pinball cave / 1 machine stuffed in a corner on here and people just pour forth with cool ideas, good questions, suggestions, encouragement, and love for all things pinball. Greatest thread ever...

I agree. Of all the hobbies I have or currently play in, this thread is the only one ever that is 100% positive.

#5564 8 years ago

Great point Default! Also makes me wonder where I went wrong in life haha. I hate this thread now, thanks!

#5567 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Probably drank, smoked and chased girls to much.....or you have a race car.

You say that like its past tense lol..

1 month later
    #5963 8 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Hey thanks. Yes is it operated by a winch. It's a replica of the Catalunya circuit in Spain. I'm slowly gathering the materials to make the layout more realistic. It'll be a fun project.
    Catalunya_(resized).png

10733422_866778406679128_537974746686425572_o_(resized).jpg

That is bad ass. Any reason why you'll see that track to replicate?

#5966 8 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

I wish I could say it was my idea but the previous owner did the whole thing. He was/is a surgeon and had/has 2 young boys. He spared no expense entertaining them. I really don't know why he chose that track to replicate. He is a big car guy and has an F355 Ferarri and a mazerati that both used to live in this garage. We bought the house in january of 2015 and one of the stipulations was that he'd leave the track and all the cars. It does work and I've used it a few times.

Left the Ferrari too haha! Seriously, that's cool. Giving me ideas for my patio now.

2 weeks later
    #6036 8 years ago

Bad ass man!!!!

#6057 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

He did start his first. I hope to finish way over budget in about 2 weeks.

Not sure if i should upvote for the room, or downvote cause of over budget!! Looks killer either way!!

2 weeks later
    #6126 8 years ago
    Quoted from Fast-Ed:

It both heat and cool. That's why it called a heat pump. He will have zero issues. It's a ductless mini split system. I own a heating and cooling co. And we sell those. They are expensive but work really well and you don't have to run duct work. It's great for places where it would be hard to have duct work installed.

Like Afghanistan. I'm not an AC guy, but I recognized that right off the bat. Are they really applicable here? Dont see why not, but for a garage in AZ this might be the ticket!!!

1 month later
    #6420 7 years ago

A little update on my room. I cleared out my storage unit, and this ended up in gaming area! Hopefully it will be forced to run to the hills!! But for now, it's a mechanical work of art!

0501162049_(resized).jpg0501162049_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #6522 7 years ago

Insane#!!

1 month later
    #6817 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

BINGO !! Thanks for asking that question. I wont even buy a shirt if its printed on the front because I'll never wear it no matter how much I like the design.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

I'm just sick of the constant pimping.

1 week later
    #6914 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

It would be interesting, but what do you rank it on? Decor, use of space, lighting, overall coolness? Or quality of games and amount?

Great, lets rank game rooms so other can feel inferior for posting them up. Bad idea. I want to see every game room, from the closet to the Taj Majal. I respect them equally.

2 weeks later
    #7097 7 years ago

I question the accuracy of calling a room a "game room" when furniture takes up more space than the games.
    Pool tables count as furniture, by the way!
    -

Luddite! Having to track scores manually? Especially while drunk?
    If that's better, then by that logic, we should all have bagatelles.

Thats not very civilized!

3 weeks later
    #7245 7 years ago

i didnt know the pinball glass was that strong!

#7254 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cobra:

Not till I married my wife!!

She got a sister!?

2 weeks later
    #7300 7 years ago

I just have to say that you know a pin is good when its in nearly every game room it seems. Metallica for the win!!!

#7312 7 years ago

Hardly. I've been to lots of local game rooms and only one has Meh-tallica.
    (I just thought of that! Nothing against the game, I understand it's awesome. Too bad it's got that band for a theme.)
    And however good it is, it's sorta there by default, since the guy gets just about every pin Stern puts out. (Of course the clunkers get rotated out, so we can conclude it doesn't suck, at least...)
    I keed, I keed. Someday I'll spend some real time on it and wind up wanting one, I'm sure!

I'm just saying the gamerooms posted here. B
    More often then not, Met is present. Must be less civilized around here!!

1 month later
    #7610 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Have you somehow sealed the autographs on the ball washer so they don't fade away or accidentally get smudged?

Im guessing it doesnt actually get used.

#7658 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

That beach is pretty much standard size like what we have around here. But, as nice as the beach is, like a lot of people we are looking at ways to get out of CA. One place I have been checking out is Montana. I saw a place for sale on Zillow for a reasonable price that has a grass landing strip and an airplane hangar. Now I guarantee you, I will never fly my own plane. So the question is, does this space look like a possibility for something else?

Bring the games, leave your politics at home

#7667 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Haha good one. Always remember - the ones that want to get out aren't the ones that will be bringing that stuff with them. Enuff said on that

Shit not true. Colorado, Nevada, AZ, are all feeling the affects of loaded Californians leaving with a butt load of cash, moving to a cheaper cost of living area, and then start wanting things to be California like, minus the taxes.

Anyway. Good luck, I would leave too haha

4 months later
    #8362 7 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

This is soon to be my new game room! I'll have room for 12 machines. Complete with a bar! We close on 4/11 and move in 4/14

Awesome, what are of Colorado is that? Highland Ranch?

3 months later
    #8917 6 years ago
    Quoted from MacLean:

ok, you win! Nice collection Volkdrive. I really like your MET alternate translite, so cool.

No winners or losers in this thread..but yes, his collection kicks ass!!!

1 month later
    #9006 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

What kind of vacuum is that in the last picture? Looks pretty sweet.

Looks to be a shark!

1 week later
    #9092 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Never ending funds....

FIFY

Looks amazing and awesome creativity. Phone switch is bad ass.

1 month later
    #9317 6 years ago
    Quoted from gentrsa:

Super Sprint 3 player...drool!!!!

Off topic, but I have a 3 player Ivan Stewart off road. Can it be made to play this game as well??

2 weeks later
    #9457 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Hey Tim. I know that your collection is also populated by miscellaneous coin-op machines. Two of the three coke machines have remained in my collection since 1985. The Vendo 39 is so nice that it passes the "main floor. . .wife approval" standard, as shown in two of the photos below.
    When I started my career back then, this coke machine was in a remote spot in the basement of my office, a dilapidated 4-story building, in the heart of Camden, NJ. Based on service paperwork in the machine, it was last in service in the seventies. This Vendo 39 is the iconic early version, solid red, with an embossed rib running down the coin door to the front and a stamped coin entry plate. This machine spent its entire life in the building of that basement, which accounted for its remarkable original "time-capsule" condition.
    I used to walk by it in search of old files stored in that basement. One day, I tracked down the owner and was able to buy it. This was years before Sharper Image began buying up these old Vendo 39, V-44 and V-81 machines, restoring them and selling them in their catalogues for as much as $7,500. In the years thereafter, coke machine restoration outfits became omnipresent and prices adjusted downward considerably. Regarding your Vendo 39 restoration, there's advice available about selecting the correct red paint, as you may know.
    The other coke machine that I kept was the Cavalier CS-72. You can glimpse some of that coke machine next to the Sega Rifleman below. As you likely know, soda machine collectors like the illuminated "Have A Coke" lens on that model and the fact that it will vend 12 oz. and smaller bottles as well as many brands of soda cans simultaneously.
    The third machine was a Cavalier C-51, Cavalier's counterpart to Vendo's 39 model. I gave the C-51 to a fellow pinball collector friend. There's also a small Tom's Candy machine (depicted below) which has remained in my various gamerooms over the years, from house to house.
    Pinball, arcade games, bingos, soda machines, candy machines, trade stimulators (not shown). . .if you can drop a coin in it, we love it, right? About the only coin-op item that doesn't appeal to me are the Pachinko games, although I do find the history of Japanese pinball interesting.
    My latest project is the Americoin Fire Chief arcade shown below, which propels actual water from a toy fire engine onto faux fire-blazing window targets. Among all of the games in my line-up, the most popular, for many years, continues to be 1972 Sega Monster Gun (nylon pellet shooter arcade with challenging physical targets and great sound effects) and 1954 Two Player Basketball (arcade), which are side-by-side in one of the photos below. I know that you share my high opinion of the Genco game inasmuch as it's also a hit in your collection.

There are game rooms, and then their are curators. Thank you for sharing..

1 month later
    #9681 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I'm not sure if I posted this video here before. Since this video I have everything fixed to perfect working condition (first time ever) and added a Tekken 2 next to the SF 2 pin.
    » YouTube video

Awesome room, awesome games, friend, not so much haha. Nice vid, thanks for sharing.

1 month later
    #10024 6 years ago

That looks like a great place to hang out!!

#10070 6 years ago

Still the best thread on Pinside. No judging, all winners!!!

1 week later
    #10154 6 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

Probably should put a ring on het finger so you don’t lose her

Then the good times will end lol!!

1 month later
    #10430 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I lost my original NES. I think my parents tossed it when their basement flooded. It’s amazing how many Nintendo consoles I’ve had over the years. I recently bought a PS4 which is nice, but shortly after I bought a Switch which is amazing, and I kind of abandoned the PS4. Nintendo might go on hiatus every now and then, but they always come back and up the ante. I’ve been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild a ton lately. One of the most amazing games made. A true game changer.

Awesome game room, and I've been thinking about a switch.. like hearing the good reviews..

#10431 6 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

Doesn’t seem nearly as fun as pinball but to each their own.

I'm guessing the ladders are a means, to an end..

#10434 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Well... that is technically my gameroom WIP

Edit:
    Here ya go
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backyard-gameroom-in-the-desert

Ho.Lee.Shit.

#10442 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

The high you get from those ladders is better than any pinball machine can give you.

I'll be the bottom dweller and trade you a ladder for a pin. How high do you want to be, cause I got ladders!! "Noting you live in CO".

1 week later
    #10489 6 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

And force you to be butt buddies? Nah, I don't like games to be that close together.

I'm guessing you are a very literal person.

3 months later
    #11048 5 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Ceiling Height is very important though. You will want to bounce any Atmos height speakers vs direct fire them from the ceiling at that height.
    I spend way more time in the theater then I do in the arcade. Hard not to. It’s just so awesome for movies and games (PS4/Xbox)

Once again the thought put into this game house is insane. I'm in Colorado quite a bit, if you have a party, can I get an invite lol. I promise not be to obnoxious!

#11051 5 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

The GF after our housewarming party said no more parties
    She’ll come around eventually

So all that for a couple of people. Cool and enjoy!

1 month later
    #11279 5 years ago
    Quoted from lurch:

Normally it wouldnt be an issue but with a $3400 mortgage...... Not as much "FU" money as I had previously. I'll get some cheap arcades over the next few months then consolidate them into a new pin or two as things progress.

You must have a huge family. Nice space...

#11280 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I might be buying a new house, so I might be saying goodbye to my basement arcade... Pretty much all of it. I think I'll be able to keep 8 pins, a jukebox or two, and maybe a video game.
    Here are some "reminisce" photos from aboot two years ago.....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hell yeah, Satan's Hollow!!!

2 weeks later
    #11388 5 years ago

I'll take the AZ heat 5 months out of the year, and no other weather related problems, thank you very much lol.

4 weeks later
    #11605 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

My basement is 8-10' down and it stays cool year round.

My house is a ranch with no basement. It stays cool in the summer, and heats up when temps get into the 70's lol

#11606 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just finished building the rgb sofet lighting in my garage/workshop/Gemeroom II. Only needed it on 3 walls, it was a fun project. It's gonna light up the Mustang really cool when it comes back. As usual, pictures don't do the colors justice. I can also see where I missed painting on the ceiling.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great, do you have a pic where's it not lit up and In the daylight? Basically I'd like to see what your lighting is resting in..

#11607 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Heres a panoramic of our main pinball room.
    Theres a few others in the arcade room as well.
    This room is all Rock and Roll and Movie themes for the most part.
    Still need to put some art on the wall and whatnot.
    This was the formal dining room a couple months ago and wife finally decided we should make it the main pin room.[quoted image]

Let me know when the next party is!! Nice room!!

#11611 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sure I'll take some close-ups and give you measurements.

Thank you.

3 weeks later
    #11716 5 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

My own little oasis to chill, reflect, listen to tunes, and sip some drinks. Very thankful these days. Cheers!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Prince, is this you??

#11736 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

LOL, after daycare comes even more expenses.....it only gets worse

Yes, my friends are looking to pay $4000 for the daughter to get on a club team for volleyball. FOR.ONE.SEASON.

No kids here haha

#11757 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Daycare costs are my #1 expense, much higher than my mortgage even. I wouldn't have it any other way though, love having kids. If I didn't have kids I could have a huge gameroom with tons of pins and a Vette in the garage but somehow I just don't think I'd be as fulfilled.[quoted image]

Truth be told, walking into my house feels cold. Walking into friends or family house feels warm.

Anyway! Back to game rooms.

#11796 5 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

See the Marble Madness?

I saw that Major Havoc!!! Also 720, Paperboy and yes, Marble madness. My all time faves+ Defender. Thanks for sharing !!

1 week later
    #11874 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Is that sub-woofer good for reproductive organs?

The guy who built that won't happen have to worry about reproducing lol. He can't get that out of the parents basement!!

3 weeks later
    #11946 5 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

Rearrangement of upper gameroom. Flows better and easier to take off the pin glass than before.

[quoted image]

Those chrome Terminators look amazing!!!!

1 week later
    #12001 5 years ago
    Quoted from xfassa:

Just when I thought no more could possibly fit....

I'll take the Major Havoc!!

1 week later
    #12136 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Looks great!! I know I would kill to have a wall with old bricks like that in my gameroom. People pay crazy money for old brick facades. And you covered almost all of it up.

Just what I was thinking, but great job on the renovation..

2 weeks later
    #12237 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

My wife's favorite movie is Steel Magnolias, so she wanted our oldest daughter's middle name Shelby. With my love for Mustangs, that worked out perfectly.

Seems legit, although highly improbable. It was Shelby one way or another! BTW, my best friends daughter is names Shelby.

1 week later
    #12312 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I like the stars. I agree they are busy but not overly enough for a game room, you want busy in your arcade area. For me the circles are just to boring, no sense of movement like the star pattern has.

Normally, I would agree if the area was larger. In this case I'd look for something between the stars and circles.

#12373 5 years ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

One named Kelly, one named Kris and one named Bri.

The whole situation is wierd lol.

2 months later
    #12980 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

Now that is a perfect game room! Complete with 70's wood paneling, neon lights. And when it's a nice evening you can open up that garage door and be a open air bar!!! For me this would be a perfect game room!!!!

Agreed,what a nice space!

3 weeks later
    #13124 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zwovr6:

Game room area.
    I have a couple more in garage I am working on
    [quoted image]

Awesome lineup, but turn em on for pics!!

1 week later
    #13140 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Hell, Even years ago beta cards would fetch big money. Mox Jet used to command big time money.

Not doubting worth, but if someone has 40gs that they can get now, well get it. Is the game as popular as it once was?

#13154 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

A few snaps of my area of joy and wonderment
    Down stairs and up stairs
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great job and nice use of space!!

#13203 4 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Many people here confuse a "pinball room" with a game room. If you have 60 pins in your room, it's a pinball room, not a game room.
    Game rooms require variety. Arcade games, bowlers, crane games, signs, and so on.
    So we can now draw a distinction between the two. Hope this helps.

Jesus, you own one of the most epic "game rooms" posted in this thread, but are being this petty?

Here is my game room, pinball room, gym all in one pic. Oh yea, it is my rolling art room as as well. Enjoy, and get over yourself.

0304180121 (resized).jpg0304180121 (resized).jpg
    #13208 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

A Banshee with flat tires is art? Wish that I had pics of the 250r that I built.

Blown up alcohol motor. Needs a total rebuild, but the paint job is bad ass lol, hence the "rolling art" although it aint rolling anywhere soon and maybe this pic is why Im single and can put a bike in the gameroom/living room/gym haha!. If you find a pic of that 250 R, post it up!!!

#13209 4 years ago
    Quoted from bowtech:

Sweet banshee!!! I miss mine. Loved that sound, smell and acceleration!!!

There are faster now, but nothing compares to them!!!

#13210 4 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Ha! Don't think I'm being petty, just kind of realistic. The OCD tends to overtake my brain, that's all.....

Merriam Webster definition of Game, Entry 1!:

Definition of game

(Entry 1 of 4)
    1a(1) : activity engaged in for diversion or amusement : play

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/game

Seems like pinball to me. Not exclusive of course, but seems to include multiple types of amusement...

Now back to gamerooms!!

#13212 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

I looked. it was way before digital pics. It was an 88 that I would pull apart every winter and redo. One year it was a midnight blue the next year I painted it pearl blue with House of Kolor paints. I cut the OE style graphics out of metallic blue vinyl. motor was done by Duncan Racing.
    I'll search a bit more for pics but highly doubt that I'll find anything. Not even sure where to find the physical prints anymore.

Oh yea, Duncan built some bad ass motors and the 250 R handling/chassis/motor "combination" are what all quads are still judged against.

#13245 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Nice! Thanks, I didn’t realize guardians was a rethemed met

Ya, so buy a Met, its worlds above Guardians in everyway, unless you just love the theme.

#13261 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome game room bud!

Question, how much does a racing rig like that cost?

#13262 4 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

My game room will be on the news tonight at 7pm WMUR ABC 9 (posted online after). Not sure how much coverage I will get in the segment but they were there for over 2.5hrs.[quoted image]

That's cool as hell, but didn't know you could play the high score screen haha.

#13273 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

The most expensive part was the wheel, wheel depending on what you want will determine how much. Seat $300, wheel, pedals, shifter $450, that's just a lcd TV and it's all hooked up to a Xbox one s. That I play forza on. So less then $1,000 and it's fun as hell

Ok that's cheaper than I would have thought. That shifter looks legit!

1 week later
    #13392 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I have a rather small downtown house with only a small back storage room to work with. Space constraints pushed me towards exploring things beyond pinball machines, like the artwork and other coinop machines.
    It's pretty tight in there. (just under 200 sq ft for the game area)
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude, with your creativity, if you won the lottery, you would put together an epic game room!! Well done!!

#13394 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Dudette, in this instance.

You know what, and I am being completely honest, I felt like I should have said Dude/Dudette, but didn't for brevity. I will from here on out and thanks for the clarification..

#13406 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ben1981:

just closed a gap with BK space is a premium as i live in a city appartement, maybe i'll switch Outrun with one more pin down the road [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, were the Jigsaw and Baseball game at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Expo? I played both of those last weekend. I thought jigsaw was pretty cool!

#13411 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ben1981:

noiseless and space saving pinball fun, only possible with prewars
    but it's a very old building with thick walls luckily, the only direct neighbours are a couple of students who like to party themselves.

nope, would be quite a haul for me to bring them, despite their small size
    i love them too, total contrast in playstyle, you really have to master your Zen an calm down to score. and they look just stunning!

Quoted from Ben1981:

noiseless and space saving pinball fun, only possible with prewars
    but it's a very old building with thick walls luckily, the only direct neighbours are a couple of students who like to party themselves.

nope, would be quite a haul for me to bring them, despite their small size
    i love them too, total contrast in playstyle, you really have to master your Zen an calm down to score. and they look just stunning!

Didnt think so, I just think it was really cool I played the exact 2 games last weekend. Great job!

2 weeks later
    #13455 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

You could totally repaint the cabinet while taking a dump. When you're done with one side, flip it around and do the other side.

Yuck lol. Magazines that go into the bathroom never leave. I guess the pin would stay too!

#13486 4 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

I'm finally at a good point where I'm ready to share my gameroom with family and friends again. I took on this project with severely limited experience and knowledge but had a ton of help from friends on completing this. Dealing with the stress of this renovation was taxing to say the least and a very hard time. With my basement torn up and flooding at the same time was probably the worst of it all but I'm happy with the result.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn!! Nice job!!

#13520 4 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Count incorrect, or maybe I haven't added everything. I have a running list that is at 587 games owned. Not bad for 26, eh?

Awesome collection man!! Have a vid of your entire current collection?

1 week later
    #13547 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lord_RyGuy:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pinside rule #1, games on in pics!!!

2 weeks later
    #13578 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

And easy enough to change it out if you get tired of it.

No pun intended, I'm sure!!

1 month later
    #13776 4 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

This is my game room in garage. Behind the bat stools are the pins.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice man!!

1 week later
    #13804 4 years ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

It’s changed a fair bit over the last year and a half that I’ve been in the pinball hobby. I’m quite happy with where it’s at, and am also excited to see what pins the future brings.
    [quoted image]

Awesome gameroom and pins, but why do people take pics with the games off?

#13808 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

One pic of my finished game room. Just a few more touches and im done.[quoted image]

Looks like an exercise room with a couple of pins! Jk nice job.

#13818 4 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Agreed. Some people on this thread believe that a game room is a pinball collection ONLY. The OP asked for pics of game rooms but seems that's ignored. Maybe another thread should read "Let's see pics of pinball machines" which would be much more appropriate.
    Variety, folks. Think variety.

While you both have way more than i will ever have, if "games" arent on in a game room walk through, you are doing your post a disservice. I prefer lights vs shadows in a gameroom.

1 month later
    #13979 4 years ago
    Quoted from Namsan:

My turn ! Ok here my 2 small game room.
    One is dedicated to pinball and the second to arcade machines.
    - Pinball room video tour (poor quality)

- Arcade room video tour (poor quality)
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pardon my french, but that is fucking amazing!!! Great job!!

1 week later
    #14011 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

The ICE bathroom is hilarious.
    Good call with the deodorant and toothbrush basket for less hygienic pinhead guests.

But no Ice-T!!

3 months later
    #14553 4 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/real-estate/los-angeles-home-star-wars-museum-basement[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing space and perfectly done!!. Lord Vader needs a more prominent location.

#14558 4 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Title of thread is pics of games rooms, not pics of your gameroom
    But I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to buy it all soon as I am about to come into 300+ million and it’s only gonna cost me 2 bucks for a powerball ticket.

I like your style, but im winning the 300 mil!

1 month later
    #14802 4 years ago
    Quoted from Digduglus:

Some pin changes coming in soon. Thats my friend on golden tee, not me[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your collection is cool, but your buddy is cooler lol!! Thanks for sharing..

#14804 4 years ago

Holy fuck was my first impression lol.

#14832 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Advice from a man that *must be* single or soon to be single if he follows his own.

Then dont call it man cave..

1 month later
    #15129 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Almost every single game an LE! Just added a few more including Black Knight LE and Guardians Le.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What a theme! First on like this as far as I can remember.. Well done!

1 week later
    #15194 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

A Tempest!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love that game!

Tempest, awesome! Pong, the start of it all!

#15196 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I think i could use some help. I have been talking to the street artist and the carpet guys about moving the seating area down next to the games room.
    [quoted image]
    I had a drunken inspiration (the best kind) last night and thought there's room there between those tables for a dance floor (was dancing alone at the time). So now i'm researching portable dance floors. seems feasible, they size it at 4' sq per person, so if i was to do one 10' x 12' it would fit well, still give me seating room with carpet around it etc and fit twenty people dancing.
    I could do with some advice from those who have laid one of these kit style all weather floors on the pitfalls etc, not that i will be doing the laying, just good to know what to look out for.

Have you sobered up yet, nothing would be more depressing than a whole dance floor, to yourself!

2 months later
    #15555 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Few additions and subtractions to the lineup. Still waiting impatiently for my TBL to ship. That will be it on pins for awhile. Would love to find more true arcade games like an Off-Road, Super Mario Bros, Joust, BBH HD or many other ones but the Arcade1ups were cheap and kids seem to love them. The Valve Index VR machine is crazy fun. Also added the video poker and slot machine to the main bar area. I blame COVID for all this.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those pins look like they are floating!!!

2 months later
    #16038 3 years ago
    Quoted from atrainn:

I'm FINALLY done setting up my games and new basement after moving back in mid august. Boy buying a house and then selling yours sure is a huge pain in the ass, I never want to do that again .
    I still need to put the control panels on the candy cabs, but the hardest part is done. The next thing I need to do is get some 20a circuits put in, luckily there's a sub panel in the basement! The previous owners turned it into an inlaw suite so there's already a ton of power down there as well (kitchen, washer, dryer). [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice space, but what are those games in the first pic?

1 month later
    #16310 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dewman:

I completely and unreservedly support your right to free speech. I don't agree with your analysis but we can still be friends. Now perhaps we can get back to game room pictures

Too bad, he doesnt yours!! Awesome room!

#16311 3 years ago

Any downvotes in this thread should be an immediate, permanent eject from this thread. Leave the hate for the thousands of other threads please.

So much inspiration here, thanks all!

#16318 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

What about those pictures a few posts above of the junk space? Hehehe

Nope, all love, no hate in a gameroom thread. Or at least the golden rule!

1 month later
    #16713 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

New gameroom finally getting setup. Room for 14 pins and a couple arcades. I sold a few games and looking to replace with a couple more. Probalby GNR, MET, and MB. I need to get all my wall hangers and stuff up. [quoted image]

Looks amazing!!

2 weeks later
    #16804 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Took another video of the collection. Had a couple line up changes since the last one. First vid is the basement, second video is the games I have at my dad's machine shop.

So much hope. Nothing powered up, hope lost.

4 weeks later
    #17005 3 years ago
    Quoted from gutz:

I remember this screen saver from earlier versions of Windows!

That is where I have seen that lol!!! It was familiar, just didnt know why!!!

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
    #17014 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

My buddy and I thought red dog was awesome when it came out in the early 90s. Fast forward to a couple years ago, I saw a case in the liquor store .. couldn't wait to get to his house and crack them open... DISGUSTING! Guess our tastes really change!

Or your budget grew lol. Whens the last time you had some Boones farm!

3 weeks later
    #17180 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

We are meeting with builders tomorrow. Still don’t know whether to build a game room / theater as part of the house or a separate building.

Why would you want a separate building? Seems that would be a much more expensive route, unless it is part of a larger workshop/car area. Id rather it be part of the overall house..

#17181 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

a fresh coat of paint for the game room
    the dining area of my kitchen became home for 6 games
    and a new silver ball ceiling fan. I might go with light option
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry, but you HAVE to go with the silver ball edition! Find light elsewhere hah

#17185 3 years ago
    Quoted from MVCO:

Can you tell I like old Bally's? Also collect vending stuff. Many of the pins are HUO. My pride and joy accumulated over the last 30 years.

Awesome room!

1 week later
    #17217 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

I havent really understood having that many games.
    I currently just have a loaner (hobbit, love it), since my game room isnt finished.
    Still there is something to fix almost every week. Having lots of games, should mean working on them all the time?
    Also, with the great price situation on used game, why not just have five or so, changing them out, when they get old?
    With five games, you will have enough room for a small bar, a sofa and a jukebox.

In a game room thread, doesnt understand why so many games lol. We have the space, thats why.

#17231 3 years ago
    Quoted from swilson143:

I updated the game room with some new paint. Then I illuminated the playfields I had hanging on the wall using LED strips and ran the wiring inside the wall to keep things tidy.
    Plus I rewired my outlets so everything in the room comes on with a single switch now. It was worth the effort.

Nice work!!!!

#17241 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boblabla:

From MN and a Sioux fan! Gotta love that!

Nice room and someone else who calls pop, "pop"!

2 weeks later
    #17339 3 years ago
    Quoted from PeterG:

So what happened to the old gameroom? You had an epic one with the Tron machine, movie theater and all. You moved to another city? Sold all? Sterting something new?

So it is the same guy. I was like how did he go from that, to an appt. He did move it looks like, I thought he was in Colorado.

1 week later
    #17355 3 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

As of a few days ago...missing are 6 games still out on location.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That Time Machine backglass is really cool!

1 week later
    #17382 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:This is another room... the plan with this is to make it a cinema/music room... maybe with one or 2 pins... time will tell.
    [quoted image]

Did you inherit this equipment?

#17429 3 years ago

Looking at this thread is cool and depressing at the same time. Very inspirational, if i ever win the lottery, depressing cause I never will lol

1 month later
    #17628 2 years ago
    Quoted from F-14Pin:

Opps wrong section. Mod please move.

Your fine, hes just suggesting you check out the other thread, no need to move. Cool setups!!

1 week later
    #17705 2 years ago

I know some people were interested in these 1970's Gremlins Trapshoot game. Here is one for sale in Phoenix, AZ. Not mine and I dont know the seller, but looks to be in great and upgraded shape.
    phoenix.craigslist.org link

4 weeks later
    #17852 2 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

My friends at BuffaloPinball dropped by over the weekend and filmed a tour of my game room

Interviewer had no respect for those bad ass classic video games you built!! Good to see you point out room and keeping many people happy. Amazing room and i want a Defender/Stargate!

1 week later
    #17918 2 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

Shout out to mrMikeman too, thanks for all your help! This forums loaded with Mikes

Mike check, Mike Check

One more!!

#17923 2 years ago

Porky's, the pin.

And go!

#17951 2 years ago
    Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Agreed 100%. Easily one of the best pinballs to come out in the last few years even more so if you enjoy Zeppelin (who doesn’t?).
    Don’t forget it was #1 on pinside up until angry JJP GnR fans got butt hurt and slid the rankings intentionally lol.

And the only reason it was #1 is cause you owners rushed in and pumped up a new pin, as #1, when its been out only a few months lol. No way it is anywhere near #10.

Back on topic..

Awesome game rooms!

#17979 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hipponotic:

It’s my all time favorite of his! Got one of his purple flower sets for my daughters room
    [quoted image]

At first I was like, huh? Then looked again, and the frame.. Thats a keepsake that will hopefully be passed down. Well done!

#17980 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok, is nobody going to ask why there is a crib in the game room? Lol

I was more wondering about the slot machine, next to the crib lol.

#18004 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, true.
    It's the murals and dance floor that catch peoples eye when they drive past my rollerdoors. The pinball machines, bikes and the hot tub are the details that they catch on the second look.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Sweet. Id seen the progress of the Deadpool mural (badass) but its cool to see the whole spot.

#18009 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Thanks mate. It's private and my mates come here so i can live like a hermit.
    Covid played right into my master plan.
    [quoted image]

Among many!

2 weeks later
    #18059 2 years ago
    Quoted from Marshall_ry:

Not going to get a true arcade room until my toddlers outgrow their playroom, but my little spot to relax is coming along. New to the game and hope to beef it up going forward.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice room for sure. But power on the games first. Makes for a real gameroom pic.

#18060 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:It is getting increasingly difficult to take a pic showing off my pins all at the same time.
    [quoted image]

HumbleBrag. Condense them and it will be much easier to photo..

1 month later
    #18485 2 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Me too, but from across the room.

I go over the shower curtain, into the sink myself.

2 months later
    #18846 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

oh no it's knot!

He so knotty!

2 weeks later
    #18949 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

Was there ever a game where the buttons took more abuse? Track and Field was a blast to play.

Or using a device, such as a comb, that has nothing to do with it's original reason for creation! Good thing combs were cool back in the day!

2 months later
    #19562 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think most on here, buy for a status thing. People who seem to own only JJP games, and Stern LE's , seem to buy for bragging rights, but don't actually play them. If they did, they wouldn't own most JJP games.

There is a guy who was completely over the top mad that Spooky hadn't sent his shooter rod at the time. He basically said he doesn't play the pins, just looks at them. Wierd.

#19603 2 years ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

TBL lives up to the hype but that hype is that it’s the best use of a license perhaps ever. The integration is awesome and it’s always a different game depending on how I want to play it. The flippers make it feel like a Williams style pin. Doesn’t have the “snap” of a new Stern. I love Deadpool, but it’s like comparing ice cream to pizza. They’re both food, but very different.
    Tron is a lot more like a traditional Stern for obvious reasons. Part of the reason I like it so much is the beauty. Game play is great, but it’s not like a modern pin.
    I would say TBL is worth every bit of the MSRP if you can handle the wait time.

And an unfortunate possibility that it may not get made. Not being a jerk, but they have a long way to go, to even pay back the EA's. Proceed with caution.

#19648 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

I used the Kingston panels from Home Depot in my home office. Liquid nails to the drywall, some brads to hold it while that dried. I zipper cut the edge of each panel so the bricks would not have a seam, and filled the cuts with a grey caulk to match the printed mortar. Then I gave the entire wall a "German Smear" treatment with Joint Compound, sealed with a water based poly. Total Cost was about $100 (panels are more expensive now, they were about $20 a piece when I did it - three panels, construction adhesive, grey caulk, joint compound, nail gun brads, water based polyurethane and one piece of wood crown with a little stain).

If the wall is /has been dry and it there are no high spots from form joints (just slightly wavy, not really bumpy), I think it would work. However, I would recommend building a wood frame wall and getting some rigid insulation on the wall as a better choice.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great and now I need some info on the sliding door. Time to update my office.

1 month later
    #19894 2 years ago
    Quoted from bakerhillpins:

BMX (Woodward PA?), tube socks, arcades, ahh the memories!

Rode all day from one end of town to another. City swimming pools, mall arcades and pizza slices and defender. Was there a better decade!

#19896 2 years ago
    Quoted from mmuglia:

I had a Redline MXII and Schwinn Stingray

Redline MXII in black/red checking in...

Not my bike..

1_copy133_lg (resized).jpg1_copy133_lg (resized).jpg
    #19898 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

Nothing wrong with that, I’ve seen some awesome mini bikes and motorcycles that were built from scrap/parts. I saved up my money washing dishes at a local cafe and working at a tree nursery to buy my first motorized toy, an orange go-cart with a 5.5 hp Briggs & Stratton motor painted to look like the Dukes’ Charger, General Lee. Loved that thing.

Paid for my stuff with a paper route. Using the Redline. Wish I knew I could write it off!!

1 month later
    #20168 1 year ago
    Quoted from plovis:Basement remodel finally finished, displaying the comics and toys was my wife's idea. Gotta love her.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hell yea LOBO!!!! Nice space and well done!

#20169 1 year ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Maybe a little rude calling them "little dolls" and asking if the collector (OP) gets them out and plays with them. Unless you are a complete recluse, some people do display retro toys. Not that far fetch of a concept. Usually toys that belong to a boys are considered "toys" and not "dolls". Kinda too late to backpetal at this point.

Irony he has comic book stuff painted on his walls ( which is completely badass by the way) different strokes I guess.

I display a bowling tophy I got as a kid!

#20170 1 year ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

current game room line up and new diner topper I assembled
    lego mini figures
    [quoted image][quoted image]dc super hero statues[quoted image]legos[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Mike, is that your arcade!! Cool setup!

#20171 1 year ago
    Quoted from PhilGreg:

This guy needs a Gottlieb Spin Out in there.
    [quoted image]

Not quite the same, but I have this blown up drag banshee in the room. Nice art and great furniture!

20220514_154311 (resized).jpg20220514_154311 (resized).jpg
    #20174 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Disappointed you missed out on the kicking hey?
    What has mural art got to do with it? And how is that ironic? The art is directly from the pinball machines.

If you noticed I delete it pretty quickly cuz I'm not trying to drag down this thread. But the irony is you have cartoons painted on your walls that's it. Pinball machines or not, other adults walk in they see cartoons on your wall just like you walk in and see someone's dolls. Anyway I think your place is badass that's why I deleted it not trying to get into it. Y'all have some nice rooms take it easy.

2 months later
    #20556 1 year ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:Filling them with Cocaine, that's a hair brained scheme I'd happily endorse.

I'd rather be on the unfilling side, thank you very much.

#20557 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nazz26:

Thanks. Funny you say that. I installed a glass door so even if the wife closes the door I will still be able to look in and admire it. [quoted image]

I'm waiting on my Halloween 920 As I type this how do you like yours so far?

#20586 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Just fuck the TV off.

Get rid of the dead tree in a vase in the corner and room galore!

Killer games BTW , that translite is badass!

#20588 1 year ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah but we need room for the kid to play around so we are trying to keep the space as open as possible and have everything on that one wall.

That makes sense..

2 weeks later
    #20668 1 year ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Ask and you shall recieve, I agree.
    I just finished continuing the arcade blacklight stripes on the next wall, also to draw attention to the old Skool skatedecks I just started to collect. They looked pretty lonely by themselves. Since I got a 3d printer I have been printing 80's toys from my childhood like Motu and Gi joe that look like the real thing. Great for the retro arcade theme.
    The first pictures are with regular lights on which I never use. I have all blacklights.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There may "bigger" or "better" gamerooms posted, but yours takes the cake. Literally stepping back in time to our youth with this room!!!

1 month later
    #20854 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Can we get a few more pictures of that? That looks very cool

Hit those links, this isba great build and super impressive!!

2 weeks later
    #20935 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Your ceilings look great.

This quote needs added to the "You know your getting old" thread lol.

#20939 1 year ago

Seriously I'm jealous. I'm in a ranch style home in Arizona. My ceiling aint nowhere near as cool.

#20965 1 year ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah I played the hell out of that and Alien nation. Shame Housemarque said they are going to stop making these types of games because of low sales. Sucks!

Ok i guess im boomer, but what are these games!!!! This was my life in the 80s and need some updating...
    Xbox X

1 month later
    #21242 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

And a fun really-before pic, this was a large closet that I converted.[quoted image]

The rug really tied the room together, and works in both. Nice..

1 week later
    #21346 1 year ago
    Quoted from lecter:

Hi guys!
    I have a passion for American style, love looking at your games rooms and enjoy reading pinside. There are so many great pinball places to see in the US, I would love to be there one day.
    At the moment I can't afford a game room as impresive as yours, but I'm still working hard on it
    Your Polish friend Erni[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great Erni!

#21349 1 year ago

Looks great!!!

1 week later
    #21419 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Really like the modern look. Here stateside, we're still a couple decades behind quality construction like in Aus, NZ or Europe. We're slowly getting there though. Homes where I live are a bunch of 2x4's slung together in one month and given a fancy name like "a Craftsman home." Lived in both places and it drives me a bit crazy here.

Speak for yourself and I aint rich. America is huge, you should get out more often

1 week later
    #21469 1 year ago
    Quoted from gumnut01:

Didn’t use an architect and most things we thought of the builder had never done before. We just kept trying new things. The black ceiling is actually zinc. Probably one of the only poured concrete walls in our suburb. Stuff like this happens in our inner city suburbs but not so much further out where we are.
    We had a bit of money from a deceased estate and just went for it. On the other side of 50 and don’t want to put things off to the future anymore. So decided to get everything we wanted now whilst we can still enjoy. Wife got a gym so all fair - she does play as well.
    Maybe an architect could have done better, I’m just cheap and don’t want to pay an architect 70k. Btw, materials not inexpensive in Australia. Council fees etc cost me 50k. Stormwater regulations cost me another 30k, trees - don’t get me started! Anyway loving the space at last. Thanks for the praise, appreciated.

Isnt more government, grand!!!

#21475 1 year ago

Australia is not longer the land of Crocodile Dundee!!

#21483 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Some serious credentials in my front room atm.
    [quoted image]

Rob Zombie and Alien, 2 pins I am desperate to play, yet have never seen either in real life! Nice lineup!

#21523 1 year ago

2 weeks later
    #21618 1 year ago

Quoted from TC-5:

Just installed this super rare beast in our home arcade. Daytona USA 3 Deluxe 4 player
    [quoted image]

Thats just badass!!!!

1 month later
    #21763 1 year ago

Looks good, but games should powered on

1 week later
    #21811 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

A friend gave this to me the other week, just because i admired it.
    Found somewhere to hang it yesti.
    [quoted image]

Thats made for the spot!

#21821 1 year ago

Poor Rudy!

2 weeks later
    #21899 1 year ago

What are these?

#21900 1 year ago

Please post up pics of accent walls, behind pins. Need to create some sort of game room effect out of 2 pins and a wall!

20221122_222255 (resized).jpg20221122_222255 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #22076 11 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I always thought it was cool when i was 14.

Can we at least keep this thread devoid of hate.

Good for you, nobody cares what you thought was cool.

#22113 11 months ago

I need to win the lottery!

3 weeks later
    #22214 10 months ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Not a pin, but recently acquired one of my grails - a super high tech washing machine from Japan (aka WACCA). If you know, you know

There is one local to me, its cool as hell!

#22259 10 months ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Champion Pub joins my humble game room!
    [quoted image]

Love me some Champion Pub!!!

#22279 10 months ago
    Quoted from rod90:

How odd. From the original advert, mine is incorrect.
    https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=13348
    KLOV page shows both positions.

Original flyer shows smoke at the top.

Screenshot_20230616_070612_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230616_070612_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #22308 10 months ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

[quoted image]

Badass pic!!

3 weeks later
    #22480 9 months ago
    Quoted from Kolk1:

I read that as he was shocked the guy didn’t know what a nest was. Not a bash on his collection….

I believe it is too, but still a lame response. I figured it was something like that, but Im not up to date on the latest amazon/google spyware.

3 weeks later
    #22576 8 months ago

Whats the deal with these? Top level awards, quite the accomplishment!

#22577 8 months ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

That was my problem for a LONG time...one more thing. I would get things how I liked them, then I would find something else and I would have to move things. It got to the point where I didn't want to set things up because I knew I would just end up changing it. I finally got past that (hopefully). For the walls, I am trying to use all the space I can. I have so many cool wall hanger items that I need to try to maximize the space. Some of that stuff on the wall has been laying on the floor for almost 2 years while I tried to decide where to put it.

Sell a bunch. Sounds like a job, not a hobby. I bet your gameroom would not even notice.

#22593 8 months ago
    Quoted from lecter:

Hi guys! I used to upload some pictures of my game room, but I've just made a new light board, put in more movie boards and a chess table
    I wish my country were as rich as the US - I would be able to create such impressive game rooms as yours! Anyway, I am working hard and in the future.... who knows Best regards guys!!!

Looking good!!

2 weeks later
    #22637 8 months ago

#22638 8 months ago
    Quoted from Mizzou0103:

We’re not comfortable sharing the files, but if there’s enough interest, we could work out a print run or something. Might be open to using it as a fundraiser for our pet issue, public school funding advocacy.

This aint the CIA bub.

#22648 8 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Is there a thread for this jaws stuff?

Is this not a gameroom thread? Arent they talking about pins needing to be sold to make room for more pins, in a gameroom?

3 weeks later
    #22799 7 months ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Game room is mostly done. Still a few little odds and ends to do.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have you been holding out!! Awesome space! The one lowly thing I'm doing, is going to put a cover over my console area couch! Amazing space seriously!

1 month later
    #22906 6 months ago

Figure out your needs for the space, and add 50%.

1 month later
    #23087 5 months ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Finally added a lit sign.
    Hope I don’t get bit by the sign bug…
    [quoted image][quoted image]

That carpet is insane! Never seen anything like that!

1 month later
    #23360 3 months ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Amazing! I’m always surprised how much space you Americans have in your basements. If we want space we have to build it

Technically, we have to build it too

1 week later
    #23463 3 months ago
    Quoted from PeterG:Small adjustments to the gameroom for 2024. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing use of space!! Very nice!

#23465 3 months ago

Your wifes dad is Eric Clapton?

2 months later
    #23688 32 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Snap! I have a 51 Williams woody.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That look sweet man!!!

1 week later
    #23746 25 days ago
    Quoted from kciaccio:

Thought I was the only here with Satan's Hollow..lol[quoted image]

Played the C-64 version as a kid for hours on end!

#23786 21 days ago
    Quoted from RGarriott:

Do you have the PFs already or do you have to collect them still?

This person has a shit ton of pins, and a whole nother shit ton of work getting it all setup. I have feeling its going to be an even more shit ton of impressive when said and done!

3 weeks later
    #23836 3 hours ago
    Quoted from mikehoss1414:

i love the way that looks, but it's a little too much for me...not to mention that the wife would shoot the idea down in a heartbeat!

Thanks for the ideas...I love the poster and what you have above your pins. I will definitely use that pic as a reference

here's some pics of the bar area...i have 3 more jerseys (brewers and badgers) that i had to take down when i moved games around and now i have to find new places for, 2 more tv's are going in as well if i can make it fit. we do golden tee league night down here during the week, thus the mirrored screen so onlookers can see from the bar.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sheesh, you dont even get the game room design, unless you owe her for a bathroom decor swap!

Badass setup for sure!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.