Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rico_Roughneck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3388 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I figured that's the case with most of us.

Nice to hear I'm not the only case. *LOL*

Ha-ha! Wow, those are mighty kind words. Thanks a lot, jhanley!

Thanks, jeffspinballpalace!

I'd imagine you'd need a healthy amount of room on either side of the foosball table...probably a little more than I'd be willing to give up...but I do love me some air-hockey. Might have to look into cost/dimensions of that sometime in the future.

I'm not trying to be snarky here, but I honestly can't tell if you're being serious. Ha-ha! I'm not a big fan of "salon style" gallery spaces (where the art literally covers every inch of the wall and is all jammed together). I prefer giving each piece a bit of breathing room and keeping them all at a 58" center-line (eye-height) for easy viewing. ...but that's just my preference. To each their own, and thanks for the suggestions.

Seriously. Lots of great inspiration and supportive comments. Favorited some time ago.

Wow. Never used that, but gotta look into it. Great tip.

This is another great suggestion, although the one draw-back might be that there's a bit of a learning curve, whereas I suspect the aforementioned Autodesk Home Styler gets you up and styling a little quicker (just from the looks of it). With all that said, Google Sketch-up has a ton of YouTube vids to get you started and I used G.S.U. to model my pinball room before we even purchased our home! Ha-ha! I wanted to figure out how many machines I could comfortable fit. Here is my render:

As you can see, it's pretty easy to get some different vantage points once your model is complete. (Not sure whether or not Autodesk has this capability, having never used it.) Anyhow, you can click on this link ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/67#2102102 ) to jump to my previous post and see the actual photos of the space in it's current iteration.
    Best,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

basementMock5.jpg 130 KB

basementMock4.jpg 177 KB

basementMock3.jpg 152 KB

I have also had good experience with Google sketch-up. I try to use that when I want a more detailed view of my gameroom plans. Something I do which is a little quicker and easier to get a rough layout, is use excel as graph paper. I can edit very quickly and if I want a little more detail, I just import some pics of pinball tables and gameroom carpet. Best of all I can sneak some time with it at work since I have a desk job

image-541.jpgimage-541.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

4 weeks later
    #3494 9 years ago
    Quoted from daveispinball:

Well how small a world could that be? The Atlas is really my Dad's. Some of the plastic has started to burn through so a while ago I went on search of parts and machines and couldn't find that anyone at all had one of these or one in a 'graveyard' to get parts from! Three in DC Metro is crazy!

I bought an Atlas early last year. The playfield is in pretty good shape but all of the plastics were warped pretty bad and the graphics were flaking off. I have been looking for someone else that had one to see if I could get a decent scan of the slingshot plastics and the center plastic. Any chance you help me out, no hurry.

3 years later
    #10764 5 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Then if you can figure out how to operate the secret door it reveals the rest of the Waldoplex.

Drool...must...see...video...walkthrough

1 year later
    #14399 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Ice hoops effects. It was the only one heightwise that would fit. I was concerned it was going to be too small but it has worked out great.
    If you order new, you can get any custom graphics college or pro. I emailed them on a weekend when I was interested and one of the owners emailed me back. He made sure things were all good through the whole purchasing process. I thought that was pretty cool!
    Somehow I don’t see Gary Stern checking in on me! Lol

How tall is your game room floor to ceiling? I have a 9’ pour in my basement. I thought about getting a basketball game but most were too tall or kids size. I think the one you have had the removable top cage to accommodate smaller ceilings.

2 years later
    #19778 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lymes:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What kind of black lights are you using? I assume they have pretty good coverage for having so few of them?

#19780 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lymes:

I have the black lights installed on the tops and bottoms of the walls which gives surprisingly good coverage. There's optional sizes for different areas referenced in the amazon link I purchased from:
    amazon.com link »

Thanks! I’m gonna look into those.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rico_Roughneck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=Rico_Roughneck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.