Topic Stats

• 23,853 posts - Hot topic!
  • 2,345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by pinballslave
  • Topic is favorited by 1,121 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6198 (resized).jpeg
    bikes1 (resized).jpg
    adcc8631-0ad1-436f-bac6-b92e38c5e4b1 (resized).jpg
    cde76292-235b-4aeb-93ad-e03a4f86cf0e (resized).jpg
    396724a8-c984-4b78-823c-5182cb817327 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205403289 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205413200 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205452551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205433432 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205443930 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205502934 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205514994 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205521414 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205546968 (resized).jpg
    20240421_204123 (resized).jpg
    20240421_210141 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Richthofen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5237 8 years ago
    Quoted from IBARAKURO:

my little gameroom

Whoa, I am totally PMing you to shamelessly invite myself over when I am in Paris!

#5240 8 years ago
    Quoted from BOBCADE:

I've put my pics and sketch in here but don't think I added my video construction montage I posted elsewhere.
    » YouTube video

where did you get the specific sketchup models of the pinball games? did someone really make a Taxi pinball 3d model?

2 years later
    #9967 6 years ago
    Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

Just in the process of finishing the floor as of last night....

This is my favorite gameroom in this thread. Not at all overkill, classy, love the color, great space with high ceilings and lots of light. Definitely inspiring.

5 months later
    #11019 5 years ago

My ceilings in the basement are only 82.5 inches high (6' 10) which isn't great, plus I have beams and pipes to contend with. Its why I haven't posted a picture, its not finished and not all that great to look at.

IMG_8937-min (resized).JPGIMG_8937-min (resized).JPG
    #11021 5 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

Any issues with raising play field all the way up?

Not for the ones on the left. On the right there's a beam and steam pipes that run across the house and while you can fit a game under there (well, fit an old bally or EM game), you can't bring the playfield 100% upright in that spot.

1 month later
    #11349 5 years ago

Very happy that my house is almost at the top of a hill. My basement stays dry without an active sump pump (do have a french drain around the house). We've had a decent amount of rainfall this summer but haven't seen any problems in the basement. Plenty of snow in the winter and things were dry down there too.

3 months later
    #11973 5 years ago
    Quoted from xfassa:

Just when I thought no more could possibly fit....

You must be incredibly good at Tetris. How the heck do you get the games out?!?

2 weeks later
    #12185 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Converted the front half of our 3rd garage bay into a game room.

A-plus, dude. Did you weatherproof around the garage door at all?

2 months later
    #12714 5 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Though I do hope we never see one like that again!

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but why wouldn’t you? You live by a body of water that’s already flooded once like that in your lifetime.

I love living near the water too (I live in the ocean state after all) but I definitely checked floodmaps before I bought and I live 200ft above sea level. Flood insurance will cover renovations and such but these classic games are irreplaceable

7 months later
    #13974 4 years ago
    Quoted from Namsan:

My turn ! Ok here my 2 small game room.
    One is dedicated to pinball and the second to arcade machines.

Ok that pay phone is awesome, bravo on an amazing space

8 months later
    #15372 3 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

Thanks!
    With the modifications I have made to the house, I am not sure how "sellable" it will be in the future, but oh well. I sure am enjoying it now!

I lived across from a converted firehouse to home 5 years ago. Owner said that the city wouldn’t certify the house as habitable with the fire pole in place; any landing needed a railing and the city was worried a kid would just fall down the hole.

Even without the fire pole the dudes house was friggin outrageous.

3 years later
    #22787 7 months ago

Game room is mostly done. Still a few little odds and ends to do.

IMG_5883 (resized).jpegIMG_5883 (resized).jpeg

IMG_5887 (resized).jpegIMG_5887 (resized).jpegIMG_5888 (resized).jpegIMG_5888 (resized).jpegIMG_5889 (resized).jpegIMG_5889 (resized).jpegIMG_5890 (resized).jpegIMG_5890 (resized).jpegIMG_5891 (resized).jpegIMG_5891 (resized).jpegIMG_5892 (resized).jpegIMG_5892 (resized).jpegIMG_5893 (resized).jpegIMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
    #22790 7 months ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Polyaspartic floor? I have the same floor, same color (silver and black) and get nothing but compliments on it. Looks great!

Yup, epoxy with polyaspartic topcoat. Don’t think I didn’t take notes with all the amazing game rooms here on pinside. It came out good but not perfect. Lots of particulate got caught in spots, no one but me will see it but I know. Been a journey getting here that’s for sure

#22796 7 months ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Love the floor, the colour of the bricks and the wooden side panels adds warmth.
    The sofa is..... well it's there.

LOL the sofa was free from my brother, minus a new cover. Yes it sucks but I’m out of money.

#22798 7 months ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

LOVE the door next to the glass cabinet! Wife and I want to do something similar but I have to fix the framing beforehand. ugh.

The door was an audible called by the contractor. Instead of cutting down a standard door for a storage closet, he used the leftover shiplap to construct a barn style door. Its not perfect but I'm happy with how it came out. I expected them to do another cheap louvered door like what we put in front of the heater. We did a lot of smart cost savings using off the shelf where we could. Had to, the work on the existing mechanicals / plumbing was so expensive. In the end the space looks relatively "expensive" or high end but is a lot of home depot

#22800 7 months ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Have you been holding out!! Awesome space! The one lowly thing I'm doing, is going to put a cover over my console area couch! Amazing space seriously!

LOl thanks. Not holding out, I have a build thread on pinside. Took all summer to complete and had some major roadblocks. Finally done and enjoying the space

#22817 7 months ago

Love it. You’ve got great ceiling height for a basement. And the blackout ceiling plus hardwood floors looks so good

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Richthofen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=Richthofen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.