Topic Stats

• 23,815 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 minutes ago by pinballslave
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_232536 (resized).jpg
    20240423_230401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ReadyPO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12897 5 years ago
    Quoted from DylanFan71:

If games are going to be directly across from each other, what is a good space to have.
    Do I need the entire length of a game so I can remove/replace a game?
    Trying to do the math for a (near) future new game room.

In my opinion five feet is the minimum, which allows enough room to remove playfield glass and have two players back to back and still pass through (tight). Six feet is even better. If you allow 15' width minimum for a module (Pin/Space/Pin), that will work.

1 week later
    #12931 5 years ago

a nice 3-pin collection calfdemon - three great games that represent the late 70s/early 80s, early 90s and current well!

3 weeks later
    #13095 5 years ago
    Quoted from PINBALLinPA:

my "game room" is pretty basic. after seeing some of the game rooms here I just might have
    to up the ante.
    [quoted image]

Guessing Wonka is your next pin ....

#13098 5 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

My basement with arcade, 11 seat bar and 10 seat theater. It gets a lot of use.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Terrific gameroom! What gets the most play?

1 week later
    #13134 4 years ago

Nice walk through video! Do you have one of game play on Big Lebowski?

2 weeks later
    #13277 4 years ago
    Quoted from Docx:

my GAMEROOM

Docx from France (Cannes)

Nice Game Room and Pin collection!

#13287 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

While collecting Many of the amazing ideas from this thread we decided to undergo (literally) a game room expansion Under the house via excavating the entire crawlspace. My hope is to end up with a game room half as nice as some of the ones shared here. I created a thread walking through our adventure of Excavating a game room for anyone interested in "How far would You go for a game room!" lol
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-room-underground-excavation-and-expansion-for-themodcouple/page/2#post-5000928[quoted image]

Interested in this, will be following. Have one 400 square foot area that is crawl space and been thinking of doing the same thing ...

#13289 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

Some cool game rooms scrolling through this thread.
    Mine is a bit of a work in progress as I need to finish the other half of my basement but have been able to utilize the space to make it a fun area. Not sure where I’ll be able to put all of these when we finish the rest but will be interesting.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think they are all a work in progress and always will be - looks great!

1 month later
    #13513 4 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

Finally filled in all four spots. Two more games in shop and will rotate them into lineup when done and pull a game to clear coat and cosmeticaly restore. Its amazing how big a four game collection feels! Have to dedicate a bit of time if I want to play them all.

Love the mirror! That can on top of Super Spin needs to find its way to the pingulp

1 week later
    #13546 4 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Games room addition progressing slowly. Would have been much faster if it hadn't rained everyday for 3 + weeks.
    But it getting there.

Do you have a build thread for this project? If not you should - looking great!

3 weeks later
    #13605 4 years ago

Davebart5, cool rocket lamp! Did you make that yourself?

2 weeks later
    #13705 4 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Our project over the past few months. Wife wanted a tiki bar and I wanted a small game room. Very happy with how everything is thus far.

Love the Spooky Pineapple sign and the overall mash up theme - very clever!

2 weeks later
    #13769 4 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Finishing up a very long and exciting garage conversion... been waiting a long time to see this day.

Radium, looks good! Would love to see you update your conversion thread on this project - and I am sure many others would.

3 weeks later
    #13894 4 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

ome pics of the actual room. Washroom up there too.

Looks like a pretty big space. How many games are going to fit?

#13896 4 years ago

Sounds like plenty of space for now with some room to grow, which is very nice!

1 month later
    #14131 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I hope you all enjoy exploring the space! Click the link below for a 3D self-guided tour.

Very cool tour! Nice space, awesome Tikki Hut!

1 month later
    #14402 4 years ago

Extended Family Christmas gathering - Pins got a lot of action with the younger crowd!

20191229_132155 (resized).jpg20191229_132155 (resized).jpg20191229_134035 (resized).jpg20191229_134035 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #14679 4 years ago
    Quoted from TAFguy:

Not as elaborate as most but a fun area for the family.

A nice area! I see chairs on the side of the puck bowler, do those get used by people to watch bowling games?

#14697 4 years ago
    Quoted from JeffZee:

For the low-tech people who think a "laser" is something you put on the head of a shark, there's always the plywood and scroll saw method.

evil (resized).jpgevil (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #14826 4 years ago

I have been planning an addition to my basement am I am considering doing an epoxy floor similar to ramegoom (picture below) in the addition. I was wondering if ramegoom or anyone else would share any information they could regarding it including installation cost/time, professionally done or DYI, Is the floor cold, insulated under the slab, or in floor heat? Also, the durability of the floor, what kind of protection under the game feet (sliders, felt, etc) and if it has been scratched, is that permanent or can it be buffed out?

@ramegoom, your gameroom is awesome, btw

Epoxy Floor3 (resized).jpgEpoxy Floor3 (resized).jpg
    #14828 4 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply! I will check out Polyaspartic. Just in the planning stages now, but pretty sure this is the look I am going for on the floor.

2 weeks later
    #14921 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfrazie:

Posted a video of my game room the other night.

Nice collection, thanks for sharing! Two questions - what do guests like to play the best, and any thoughts on finishing the walls/flooring etc.?

2 months later
    #15340 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Not mine, but awesome! Anyone else have a hidden entrance?

This is @waldo's game room, and it the same one that Luckydogg420 is referring to. He has lots of posts in this thread, here is his build thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flynns-arcade-20-project

Also 30FathomDave posted a secret bookcase entrance gameroom in this thread too:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/10#post-216446

And Damon had a bookcase one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/135#post-3196097

2 weeks later
    #15435 3 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Bookshelf door finished.

That's an awesome job! Great craftsmanship!

#15443 3 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

A game room wouldn't be complete without a Mold-A-Rama.

Awesome! Does it work? Can you get the plastic for it?

1 week later
    #15568 3 years ago
    Quoted from GTO:

And, yes, that is a blacklight foosball table!

I'm a Tornado guy but that blacklight looks pretty cool! I can't ever get anyone to play me, I wonder, do you get more interest from casual players with it?

2 weeks later
    #15628 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I see space for a few more pins in there!

I thought the exact same thing! It's a sickness, really.

2 weeks later
    #15762 3 years ago
    Quoted from atrainn:

I give it three weeks.

You have to set up at least a couple right away for "breaks" when moving in/setting up the rest of the house!

1 week later
    #15786 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

Picked up 800sq feet of vinyl flooring at Lowe’s for $160 delivered. There was an error on the app which had it listed as .14 per sq foot where the website had it for 1.59 per sq foot.

Looks good, can't beat that floor price!

#15804 3 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Starting to design my game room basement under the new addition.

Is that a circular stair and a straight flight of stairs too?

#15808 3 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Circular from the family room above

We have a similar situation - Circular Stairs from Great room down to the game room with a walkout basement - since there is no way carrying pins or anything else big up those steps. Its makes a cool entrance to the game room though ...

20200829_141547 (resized).jpg20200829_141547 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #15929 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

It will be ~three more years. I have to finish my stint in Hong Kong first. It gives me lots of time to plan and finish restoring a bunch of pins. You’ve set a high bar!

I for one would love to see pics of your game room, finished or not. Also, I am sure you have mentioned this before but do you have any games with you while you are in Hong Kong?

#15953 3 years ago

Looks nice! What are the black boxes on the ceiling made of, painted plywood? and it looks like they may be lit around the top edges?

2 weeks later
    #16095 3 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Once the plague is behind us, you're welcome anytime...

Well, I was just up at Camp Grayling a few weeks ago, beautiful country. Could not find a steak house open though - any recommendations in case I make a return trip?

#16099 3 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

There's an actual steak house up I75 about 30 miles from Grayling called Big Buck.

Thanks, that will be the one to try - looks like they have a home brew cider too.

#16101 3 years ago
    Quoted from airplanequartet:

Slowly coming along... one side of the game room

Nice - those do you have a full size Tempest to match the mini on the shelve like you do for Centipede?

#16113 3 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

Progress being made on a future gameroom...

Nice job on the subpanel wiring.

1 week later
    #16134 3 years ago
    Quoted from nighttaco:

Random question, but I'm putting in new flooring for the pins in the basement, how level does the concrete typically need to be for faux wood (vinyl) planks? Mine is pretty uneven, just curious how forgiving that flooring is to lay over...

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

work over mixing some bags of leveler with water.

I agree, if it is unlevel because of a bad pour, it is worth the effort to use a self leveling mix. If it is really unlevel (like a roller coaster), I would consider grinding down the high spots first, then using leveler on the low spots. This is more work and makes a lot of dust (use a respirator mask, not just a N95). Did this in our basement kitchen and then tiled over it (with an isolation membrane). Looks great. If you have uneven settling (cracks) and that is why it is unlevel, you have a bigger issue to fix first I think.

#16135 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

And comments or suggestions are welcome.

Quoted from ramegoom:

Also, if you know exactly where your pins will be, raise the outlets to 42 inches instead of the usual 12 inches off the floor, and you will be able to hide the cords completely behind the machines.

Quoted from ramegoom:

If you plan to build a wet bar into the utility room, find a location and rough it in, even if it's walled over. You can always cut out a wall to access the bar up the road. Adding a vent and water supply stubs will make the install very easy.

Quoted from ramegoom:

You might consider running all 12 gage wire and putting 20 amp circuits throughout instead. Then you're covered for worst-case load scenarios. I have six pins on a single 20 amp circuit because I have converted all of them to LEDs - never had any issues.

I agree with @ramegoom, some outlets on the wall at pin height are good, and roughing in the plumbing now for the wet bar is cheaper and easier now.

Also, I highly recommend the 20 amp circuits with 12 gauge wire - I never run 14 gauge, even for lighting circuits. 20 amps will let you run more games on one circuit, and is better if you have anything on the circuit that has a high initial turn on amperage like electric motors.

I don't know if you are planning on double loading (pins on both sides) the 12' 4" section, but if so, I would consider making this as close to 15' as you can get for glass removal and circulation.

Oh, and leave some room for more games even if you don't think you are going to get them. I would make the utility room as small as you can, later you will be wishing you did (as did I )

#16151 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

but it's coming..

Ceiling drywall up, that's a major milestone - looking good!

#16162 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Very nice but I need solid black. I have gray walls, white trim and black carpet would kick ass. I have checked everywhere. No luck.

I bought a house in the mid 90s that had baby blue carpet, very nice but baby blue. I had someone come in and dye it a forest green to match our decor. Surprisingly not that expensive, and it looked pretty good. It is possible to do as a DYI too. Here is a youtube video. The key is you can only go from light to dark, but of course that is what you want to do.

1 month later
    #16379 3 years ago
    Quoted from BleacherBum:

My game room / home brewery. There is a fifth pin (Space Time). It is currently under going a refurb/restoration

I love it when someone goes all in on a theme - Bravo, well done!
    And I agree with @littlecammi, you need an Oktoberfest and while you are at it a Taito Ice Cold Beer

#16406 3 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

Thanks for the explanation, I think we all got it, Doc. - Calvin Klein

Quoted from Pinkitten:

Dear Calvin, you thought he got it? Did I misunderstand his reply? Or didn’t you read it? Thanks. -Crispin Glover

Lets ask Biff.

1 week later
    #16486 3 years ago
    Quoted from I-Closed-Wolskis:

an I just butt the wood frame up against the foamboard, nail the frame into place and not even need to adhere or fasten the foamboard to the foundation wall?

Yes you can, no issue with doing this.
    On another note, it looks like you have put down a plywood floor over the basement concrete. Assuming you have a vapor barrier under that?

#16542 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Finally done with my game room.

I see you got your black carpet installed - looks good!

#16568 3 years ago
    Quoted from oilspot:

More pics to follow.

Looking forward to it!

#16604 3 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Seeing these posts with major basement overhauls makes me think that my project is a whole lot more sane, with foundation underpinning and adding 2500 square feet of 10' basement.

Do you have any updates on this project? I remember you posting floor plans a few months ago. Would love to see some pics ...

1 week later
    #16621 3 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

In a nutshell, three special chess pieces need to be on certain spots on the board to automatically open the door.

Nice! I was thinking of doing something similar, but am worried about the items on the shelves. Do you have them attached? I noticed they are small and light, is that on purpose too to keep weight off the hinges? Thanks for sharing!

#16626 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Use Museum Wax - will keep stuff in place firmly but is non-toxic, doesn’t slime up your stuff, and is reusable.

Ok, never heard of Museum Wax before, so had to look that up. Good choice for wood shelves. For glass shelves, apparently go with the gel kind. Quakehold makes them both. I will be trying both of these out ....

https://www.amazon.com/Quakehold-66111-Museum-Ounce-Clear/dp/B000FJU29U

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Very curious about the chess game. RFID tags in the pieces I assume? What’s the logic controller ?

I assumed something like these magnetic contact switches that are used in home security

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Recessed-Window-Contact-Magnetic/dp/B07F5WQBCM/ref=sr_1_15

So curious as well to how it works...

#16631 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

My mistake, thought it was wood

I think you are right, they are wood - just pointing out the limitation (and I have glass shelves, so I will have to try the other stuff) Both look like a good idea!

#16694 3 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

A few closeups of my ballshack-

I never thought I would say this to anyone, but Dave, nice ballshack!

#16747 3 years ago
    Quoted from DodgersFan32:

Small collection but keeps me entertained

That is one technique to fit pins in a tight space - haven't seen that before!

1 week later
    #16815 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

The space is an odd shape but I have packed them in where I can and it doesn’t conflict with the kids play area.

Is that a huge bean bag chair or an ottoman? If a bean bag chair, custom made, and does anyone use it on Movie night?

2 weeks later
    #16869 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Coming along .Finishing the other side now the pressure is on ,GnR will be here by April and will be on the hunt for a DP soon after that .

Ship lap looks great, as does all your millwork!

1 week later
    #16982 3 years ago
    Quoted from Timfenske11:

romex within a foot of the outlet and nail plates everything that is less than an inch and a quarter from the face of the stud.

Within 8" of the box if the box does not have cable clamps (i.e. non-metallic boxes). There are lots of nuances to the code like that so I recommend erring on the side of overkill. I don't use 14 gauge even for lighting circuits, rather I just use 12 and I don't need to calculate the line drops (in a residential setting). I use insulated staples, cost a little more but I don't have to worry about over driving/pinching the wire. And for DIY, I recommend getting a good reference book or two, like Black and Decker or Tauntons, especially for three-way/four way circuits. One of the best and least expensive is Wiring Simplified. Though I don't need to refer to it much anymore, I keep a current copy in my electrical toolbox as it is a small format book.

https://www.amazon.com/Wiring-Simplified-Based-National-Electrical/dp/099790531X/ref=sr_1_14

My main recommendation of what not to do that is a huge hazard and that I see wrong in many DIYs projects - Don't splice a wire and tape it - all wire junctions must be in an accessible, approved electrical box/housing.

2 weeks later
    #17134 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, just missing out I can't post photos of our gameroom yet! Oh man how pissed would my wife be if I moved the games into the new finished space LOL

You could post some pictures of the game space construction - I am sure a lot of us would like to see it (myself included!)

#17144 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Alright so I added onto my gameroom this year and added on a indoor basketball court. In the picture below the door was added to enter into my gym.

I don't think you can say you added on - I think the correct term is encapsulated

Looks great!

3 weeks later
    #17311 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nazz26:

Having a house built in Florida and will have a bedroom turned into a game room.

Be sure to post some update pics as you progress.

1 week later
    #17351 3 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Here are the most recent photos I have of my basement.

A nice way to reboot this thread after our hiatus - great gameroom!

1 week later
    #17389 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

took 8 years with all the planning to get it in a state where we could live in it, and the last 2 spent on the 'man cave' side of it, the main pinball room being the next on the agenda.

That is a huge room, looks awesome and looks like you are close to finishing it - Assuming the cabinets are a bar? What kind of lights for the ceiling, and what will the ceiling finish be?

#17394 3 years ago

Not sure what you mean there... you mean you assume the cabs in the previous photo will be made into a bar? In which case, no... they all have heads and will hopefully be complete working games... one day!

Quoted from jaytrem:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the big cabinet looking thing in your pictures.

Yes, I was talking about the row of cabinets clamped together in front of the window.

Ceiling plan sounds cool, I couldn't figure out what the wires were since the ceiling was drywalled I didn't think suspended

#17409 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jtm3:

First thing I thought of too but then I realized it’s romex so what difference would it be as romex is run without conduit anyway.

Yep, ok for Romex but the box is either just an extender or for low voltage, not an approved for 120v - have to change that out. Also, by code (NEC/IBC) ( Romex will need to be attached within eight inches of the box (assuming another non-metallic box is used). If the drywall is already up, I believe you can omit attaching to the stud.

#17414 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

My understanding is, the code is pretty consistent throughout the US. The huge exception is you guys around the Chicago area. I've got friends in the area that tell me it's union thing.

Yep, you got it. Rest of Illinois for the most part follow the NEC/IBC. Conduit only needed for exposed wiring. Plumbing code in Illinois is also more prescriptive, it is more widely accepted outside of just Chicago.

#17417 3 years ago
    Quoted from trueno92:

Poor dads room

Yes nice space and I see an Italian Foosball table

#17434 3 years ago
    Quoted from Purdue:

Commence bitching about no powered up pics

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem
    Nice Collection and Room though!

#17437 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mikespinball:

Very large game room and work area for the machines.

And when you run out of space in the rec room you can throw out the wife's Christmas Decorations and get 13 more pins in that long Storage space!

#17457 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Gameroom Update:

Nice collection! Looks like you have it organized chronologically by year. OCD and pinball collecting go hand in hand
    (though the spatial OCD folks probably thing the Big Guns cabinet breaks up the symmetry of the cabinet height )

#17467 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I have ODC. I put my pins in Alpha order.

Quoted from jaytrem:

Oh, and chronological order....

OK, Topic Started, with Poll:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-are-your-pins-organized#post-6243877

#17490 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Piccie from comp yesterday.

Bunny Ears. Universal picture language.

1 week later
    #17527 2 years ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

Man, seeing some of these beautiful rooms and incredible collections, I’m not even sure if I should post my meager lineup.

That is a nice Stern lineup!

#17534 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Do you have an outside lift? Or will you be carting stuff up the stairs?

Wondering that too - stairs look a little steep and maybe tight at the top for the full turn, especially on that beautiful wood floor.

1 week later
    #17576 2 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

Updated pics on the Ballshack and the back yard overall

Looks Great!

#17587 2 years ago

Need another pinball to balance the room

2 weeks later
    #17669 2 years ago
    Quoted from fabsj82:

What used to be our bar/movie room and a kids playroom has been converted to a barcade and a movie room.

Nice space! looks like fun. I like the fridge alcove, tucks it away.

#17698 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinBiz:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool graffiti on the garage door! Are you the artist?

2 months later
    #18050 2 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

A rug would really tie that room together.

Here is a nice one. Comes with a pinball

DPO-TBL_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpgDPO-TBL_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
    #18093 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I finally feel ready to reveal some of my first ever game room pictures.

Looks nice, very clean.

1 month later
    #18346 2 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Drywall is back up, feels like Grounghog Day!

Moving quick! Doing the work yourself I guess - probably hard to get a contractor in your area right now.

2 weeks later
    #18508 2 years ago
    Quoted from cabrioletsch:

My mancave in Berkel en Rodenrijs holland

Very nice! I live just 2 miles off of Route 66, love to see that road sign in a game room in Holland

4 weeks later
    #18708 2 years ago
    Quoted from Squanch137:

First time poster here. These game rooms are amazing! We have an established room that has grown quite a bit over the pandemic. My husband's birthday is coming up and I'd love to surprise him a neon sign but don't even know where to begin! We have mostly pinball. Was thinking Pinball Alley or something like that. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Quoted from hlaj78:

I think that if you search the topics that you will find a neon sign thread. There are many ideas and tips on it.

This is the neon sign thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/neon-signs-show-us-your-glow

Also, if you want to see something awesome, here is Ryan Claytor's game room remodel thread with the awesome Neon sign he designed for it -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-claytorian-basement-remodel/page/6#post-5183260

I am sure your husband would love a custom neon sign like this designed by Ryan - I know I would!

3 weeks later
    #18797 2 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Might start its own thread of the build process if folks are interested...

Of course we are interested!

2 months later
    #19303 2 years ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

I’m picking this up for my Gameroom.

That is a nice sign - be sure to post it in the Neon sign thread when you get it home on your wall!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/neon-signs-show-us-your-glow

2 weeks later
    #19497 2 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

At least he's got pressure treated against the concrete.

I noticed that too. Also, the electrical work for the outlets looks good and to code.

Quoted from phillyfan64:

I’ll start another thread so I don’t clog up this one.

Good idea - post a link here when you do.

1 week later
    #19637 2 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

I’ve seen a few game rooms with a brick accent wall and they look really good. Several people have shared that they used the brick stick on tiles from home depot or Lowe’s to do it with. My question for people who have done that or are familiar with that type of product, would it stick to a poured concrete wall that is slightly bumpy? I’d like to use my back wall but if it wouldn’t stick to that wall I have a wall near my couch that is drywall and I’ll use it there instead. Thanks

Quoted from ExSquid:

We used these and just nail gunned them into the studs. The only thing that sucked was doing all the cutting around the windows and light switch outlets.

I used the Kingston panels from Home Depot in my home office. Liquid nails to the drywall, some brads to hold it while that dried. I zipper cut the edge of each panel so the bricks would not have a seam, and filled the cuts with a grey caulk to match the printed mortar. Then I gave the entire wall a "German Smear" treatment with Joint Compound, sealed with a water based poly. Total Cost was about $100 (panels are more expensive now, they were about $20 a piece when I did it - three panels, construction adhesive, grey caulk, joint compound, nail gun brads, water based polyurethane and one piece of wood crown with a little stain).

Quoted from Parkshow30:

would it stick to a poured concrete wall that is slightly bumpy?

If the wall is /has been dry and it there are no high spots from form joints (just slightly wavy, not really bumpy), I think it would work. However, I would recommend building a wood frame wall and getting some rigid insulation on the wall as a better choice.

20211121_152123 (resized).jpg20211121_152123 (resized).jpg20220106_182910 (resized).jpg20220106_182910 (resized).jpg
    #19642 2 years ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

We are debating putting some molding on the top but the wife goes back and forth with the unfinished look.
    Something like this.

Unfortunately, my ceiling was not perfectly straight so had to put the molding to cover the 1/2 inch gap on one side. I used the wood crown instead of the bigger painted crown we have in other places in the house because part of the ceiling in this room is angled with the roofline and I don't think that looks good with crown. I thought this went the best along one wall only and looked good with the flooring.

I think the trim you picked looks good - looks a lot like this example I used from the internet for inspiration.

brick (resized).pngbrick (resized).png
    #19649 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

now I need some info on the sliding door.

Good eye. My home office is a small 9×9 room off the entrance hallway. It had no storage space so I convinced the wife to remove an unused bench in the mudroom to build a closet. No room for standard closet door and the opening is a nonstandard size (went as big as I could), so I took a 36 inch cheap door slab, built it out on both sides, and covered with some prefinished wood planks. The sides are angle iron from a metal supplier. It is hard to see, but there is an iron handle as well. The handle and barndoor track are from Amazon.

20220301_062647.jpg20220301_062647.jpg20220301_062717.jpg20220301_062717.jpg
    #19668 2 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

I actually went and googled your place after reading your post...

Ha! I did too. Definitely looks like it is worth a stop.

#19694 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Question, in two parts i guess.

My suggestion - drop grid and hang lights off it (cans, track, etc.) Here are three examples. Wood Grid painted a high contrast color like the red here (will go with your murals). Made out of wood framing material (2X4s here in the state);

An even more simple grid out of metal grid or metal piping (gas line piping here - black pipe); or

More elaborate grid with mesh fill in - keeps the industrial look.

All of these wood be a rectangle area just over the pins, suspended from the roof.

ceiling lights (resized).jpgceiling lights (resized).jpg

#19732 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

It's also far nicer, in many different ways, than the house I've been living in for the past year and a half. Also, the amount of money he wanted for it just happens to be about the same as the current market value of mine, somehow.

Congrats! Sounds like a win/win all around. My wife loves our current house that we added a massive addition to 20 years ago. It is unlikely one of our kids will want it when that day comes for us, but we would love it if it stayed in the family. I am sure this has helped your grandfather make this life change. Conversion of the studio to an arcade seems like a natural too. Looking forward to you posting some pics, maybe some construction ones too.

1 week later
    #19772 2 years ago
    Quoted from fabsj82:

V's, neon/LED signs, popcorn machine, lava lamps and the pins themselves do a great job.

Great looking Game Room! Love it when all the games are on and working!

1 month later
    #19927 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobloblaw:

Here's my work in progress

Love that 80's arcade stripe on the wall.

1 month later
    #20232 1 year ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

This was a long time coming but it’s finally done.

A nice space! I like the table your slot is on - made just for it? I found an old school desk that was the right height, painted it...

slot (resized).jpgslot (resized).jpg
    #20233 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Here are some pics of the arcade room / Pinewood Theater.

Pinewood Theater a play on Pinewood Studios?

2 weeks later
    #20299 1 year ago
    Quoted from bobloblaw:

Finally done. Don't wanna see a paintbrush or painters tape for a long time.

Terrific job, love the black light. This room takes me back. Very well executed!

3 weeks later
    #20395 1 year ago
    Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Building work finished last week, and I moved the machines in this week.

Nice Job! Looks like you have a little room for expansion and the exposed beams look great! Is that a carport attached on the outside or a covered patio? That looks like it would make a great outdoors space for a bar area.

2 weeks later
    #20455 1 year ago

All games are finally out of paid storage and 'under one roof'...

Getting there!

1 month later
    #20754 1 year ago
    Quoted from Caponicus:

Nice room! I never heard of a Sisyphus table and had to look it up.

Here is the Pinside thread on it. I have mine upstairs at the junction of the great room, kitchen and front hallway. Almost everyone who visits are enthralled by it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sisyphus-table

HomeLiving3.jpgHomeLiving3.jpg
    2 weeks later
    #20795 1 year ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone have any part of their gameroom outside? Going to have a pub table and trying to decide what else can go outside just off the gameroom.

I was going to say an all weather ping pong table, but the absolute minimum space is 11'X17', and that is tight, so that space would not work. Maybe take your pub table idea and expand it to an outdoor bar like a Tiki or Beach Bar - definitely would work great on the beach! Two internet pics below.

beach (resized).jpgbeach (resized).jpgtiki (resized).jpgtiki (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #21122 1 year ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

Slot stand has a footrest though.

That is a nice touch!

2 weeks later
    #21260 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Debated sharing but here it goes.

Glad you did - that space looks Awesome!

1 week later
    #21338 1 year ago
    Quoted from lecter:

At the moment I can't afford a game room as impresive as yours, but I'm still working hard on it

Erni, those are three great pins!

1 month later
    #21598 1 year ago
    Quoted from not4tilts:

Does anyone have any pros/cons/recommendations with regard to carpet over radiant heat?

You have a lot of options - My opinion these are the three best:

Tile floor - best heat transfer. Put an isolation membrane in and you won't have to worry about cracks in the slab projecting through. Not great for acoustics and no matter what tile you pick one day it will be outdated.

Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) - floating floor, thin and a pretty good heat conductor. Goes in easy, not bad acoustics but not as good as carpet. Easy to change 15 years down the road, easy to clean

Thin Carpet (glue down, no pad) Best acoustics, easier to stand on (think game room/movie theater/casino). A little more money for the gameroom themed but looks good. A little harder to change out (scrap up the old glue) but easier than tile.

I would say:
    1. LVT first - the higher quality have built in acoustic material, along with waterproofing (good for a basement). Self install, super easy
    2. Movie/Game Room or commercial patterns, glue down, thin carpet themed or patterned (professional installation, especially for seams)
    3. Tile floor with an isolation membrane - worst acoustics but DYI install (unless using the very big 24X24 or bigger tiles, these can get tricky without experience

#21601 1 year ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

This is an absolute shot in the dark but would anyone happen to know what site or stores sell a poster frame that doubles as a hidden door like the one shown here?

Pretty sure you have to make your own using hidden door hardware, something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/HLMOptimo-Invisible-Hinges-Concealed-Adjustable/dp/B08X1JC25Y/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

6 months later
    #22595 8 months ago
    Quoted from lecter:

Anyway, I am working hard and in the future.... who knows

Dzien dobry! Your country is very nice, and Warsaw is beautiful, especially the Old Town area. I have only been there once and in the north Drawsko Pomorskie and the countryside in between, but enjoyed my trip. Those are three fun pins in your collection!

1 month later
    #22842 6 months ago
    Quoted from Kolk1:

It’s amazing. They remodeled the whole building. Over 100 pins on the first floor,

Here is a recent pic, about 1/4 of the total upstairs space.

20230927_184344.jpg20230927_184344.jpg
    5 months later
    #23712 28 days ago
    Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Caved in on my 3 pin limit

It was really more of a short term goal. Once achieved you have to set your sights higher

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ReadyPO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=ReadyPO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.