Topic Stats

• 23,812 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinDeLaPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11546 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Who's all in for a party at Pacman11's?

Hell yeah sign me up for that party! Do we need to purchase tickets or is it 1st come 1st served?

3 months later
    #12253 5 years ago
    Quoted from apic7917:

First time posting my game room here.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet setup. Really like it

2 weeks later
    #12376 5 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

It's not as palatial or high-rolly as a lot of the crash pads here, but I like to think my pad is comfy for DIY (most of the pins shown were acquired as various projects and some complete trash wrecks; last fall the room flooded and the carpet had to be removed and my 13yo daughter voluntarily skipped a sleepover to help me lay new flooring).
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Unfortunately "Life, Inc." has us all too busy for reason most days... but I love meeting fellow pinheads so look me up if you're going to be in the area.

Looks like a great pinhead room to me. Wish I was closer would definitely swing by and check it out. Also love the added bit that your daughter was involved in cleani g uo after the flood. Any chance I can get the kids involved with fixing or uograding my machines I take it. I try my best to pass on the love of the game and the care and upkeep methods to my little guy. Very satisfying feeling as a parent to see the little ones want to learn and take part in shopping out a machine.

20181202_145618 (resized).jpg20181202_145618 (resized).jpg
    #12382 5 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

That's awesome! I barely knew what I was doing myself (had only just gotten my first pin!) when my own were that little, but I've tried to get them involved since and as you say: there's nothing more rewarding than when they take it up. Four of my games are running power supplies and fuse boards that my girls have soldered and rebuilt. The elder girl has helped disassemble and shop others out, even tagging along when I make house calls for locals. The best was when they dove into our Bad Cats and repainted and decaled the playfield...
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Thankfully they've both continued to express interest in projects, like my El Dorado and Time Fantasy, both suggesting ideas and wanting to get involved in the recovery. It's tough sometimes though: I let them be their own selves and they are very busy in that regard, so sometimes I just have to make progress on my own... but I save what I can for them.
    I think project pins are really an overlooked aspect of learning for kids. There is so much involved with them: mechanics, electronics, logic, carpentry, arts and crafts... all of those are valuable skills for kids to learn, and the reward for doing so is a valuable game that is unique and fun to play. Granted some of those are difficult for adults to learn too but there too I hope they've learned: in taking both a Sys6 and Sys11 MPU from acid-eaten trash to functioning boards, they've seen me doggedly pursue and decode MPU troubleshooting from not understandning it at all, to finally getting them working, to then being able to use that knowledge for better diagnosis and repair in the future. The lesson there is reward for hard work and persistence in the face of failure, which is probably the hardest lesson of all to teach, let alone understand.
    Woops, sorry for the hijack.... I don't open my mouth that often, but tend to ramble when I do.

I don't want to take away from this thread so just going to leave this parting statement. @goingincirclez I don't think you could have expressed yourself any better or embodied the thoughts of others such as myself. Great story and absolutely love the pics. You are 100% correct about the skills that you pick up very quickly when dealing with a pinball machine. Having anything in this day and age that interests your kids to where they actually want to be around you is very difficult. Sure looks like they enjoy what they are doing and soending time with their pop.

#12383 5 years ago

Now that we got all the sentimental stuff outta the way how bout some more pics of those game rooms so i can be jealous and envious of everyone

#12398 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I would but a friend took the ones I have. My camera is crap and I thought maybe PinDeLaPin had not seen it.

I have seen it but still looks good.

#12412 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

behringer ep4000. They sit under the main seating couch
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I hope you warn your guests that they are about to get their asses blasted!

#12443 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

My Basement Arcade/business.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn!! Really nothing else to say.

#12448 5 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

A pin for my one bedroom place.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Get that chair outta there and make it a 2 pin place

#12451 5 years ago

The plan is to move into a bigger place when my lease ends in May. At that point, it'll be on my to-do list.

Just giving you trouble. Great game also!

#12453 5 years ago

No you're not. You're serious. I know pinball people. No chair needed, no sofa needed, no bed needed, could be 4 pins in your one bedroom apartment. At least. I get it, I get it.

Damn u are really good.. ok i will come over and we will get that damn chair outta there and a new pin in its place asap!

2 weeks later
    #12530 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

Polk here with a Denon receiver. It more than does the job for this small room. I'm very pleased and got the whole 5.1 system with 4k/60 passthrough and 7.1 upgrade capability if ever needed for $200. It was a steal.
    [quoted image]

Damn!! I'd sure say it was a steal. What did you do come across a meth head who needed $200 for some more meth? Either way thats a sweet pickup on your part

#12586 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Why not just flip the breaker(s), everything in the gr is protected then. That's what I do.

Yep i agree. 1st sign of lightning rather than crawl around unplugging the machines I just flip the breaker and call it good.

#12614 5 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

From November last year.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok theres no way this is at your house right? Way cool setup for sure!

#12632 5 years ago
    Quoted from drsojo:

Here's some PG rated "different kinda' gameroom" pics from 20 miles away from the eastern eye wall of hurricane Michael. Baby Pac I'm currently working on is in the back left of first pic. BPM and a Teed Off got the worst damage. Under the sheet rock on pic 2 from left to right were, Teed Off, Cue Ball Wizard, Golden Tee, Addams Famiy, Twilight Zone, Junkyard, and Kiss. The sheet rock actually helped ramp off some of the water. Pic 3 is a Roadshow, multi arcade, Strange Science, Stern Playboy and a Bally Playboy. All but Junkyard and Roadshow were refurbed within the last 18 months. The scene was heartbreaking, but all these machines fired up and went into attract with the exception of Teed Off and BPM. Strange Science, Stern Playboy and Bally Playboy lost all paint on backglass.
    Compared to some, blessed beyond belief. Thank you Lord.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow totally sucks! Wish I was closer would definitely lend you my hands to help get you back up and running. Here in the midwest we have no idea what those hurricane things are but we have their cousins tornados.

#12649 5 years ago
    Quoted from amxfc3s:

My small collection
    [quoted image]

Well if your going to have a small collection thats a damn fine collection to have.

#12665 5 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

For anyone wondering dunny is Australian for toilet

Very funny you quickly followed that post with an explanation. First thing I thought was, "What the hell is a dunny" 2 nice games by the way! Now excuse me nature is calling I need to go use the dunny.

2 weeks later
    #12837 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballdork:

My wifes a great sport.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would say "good sport" is an understatement! Thats fantastic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinDeLaPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=PinDeLaPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.