Topic Stats

• 23,814 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5866 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Living room's gotten a makover lately.

room_(resized).jpg

That Gottlieb Flipper is the first pin I ever played. My aunt and uncle used to own one in their apartment in NY. I thought it was the greatest thing ever when I was a kid.

1 month later
    #6233 8 years ago

Now that I finally have three pins, I can call it a game room. This is no where near as nice as most of your rooms, but it is what I have space for.

IMG_0673_(resized).JPGIMG_0673_(resized).JPG

#6241 8 years ago
    Quoted from Enaud:

Hey, Pachinko! Mine looks just like that. Santa brought it to me in 1976 (I believe it was) bought from Sears. Sears was refurbing them from overseas and selling them for a while way back then.

Yeah, I've been wanting a pachinko machine for ages. My wife finally found one that I could clean, fix up and rewire. Got it working pretty well now. The problem is that it was more fun to fix than play. . Looks cool though.

#6242 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

There's always the kitchen. You have a fine selection.

Thanks. You may not remember but you actually helped me a lot a couple years ago by suggesting I remove the ceiling tiles in that corner of my basement to make room for lifting the play field. I added some fabric strips above to hide all the piping.

1 month later
    #6436 7 years ago
    Quoted from scottydoesntknow:

Some pics from last year when my room was more pin related and I owned 20

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

How did you ever get the glass out?!

2 months later
    #6932 7 years ago

New game room wall art. Jersey Jack brought some extra decals to Pintastic today to sign. I hung mine next to my pins. I don't own a Hobbit (I do own a WOZ) but maybe someday.

Smaug_(resized).JPGSmaug_(resized).JPG

7 months later
    #8251 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwiz1985:

Just moved into a new house with a massive basement. Finished building a custom 12ft bar made out of pine and pallet board planks. Scored all the lumber and bar stools for $500! Embryon is still going strong! Will be getting a Bally X's and O's soon from a my friend to keep in the basement when the guys and gals come over to hang. Plenty of room for wine and beer storage, and dispensary equipment. kegerator photo is a bit old, but got a Chocolate Imperial Stout on tap, Hard cider at 5.8%, and more of the Bourbon barrel porter, but one batch is juiced up at 12% versus the session 8% version you see in the pic. The new brew kettle is 30 gallons big.
    Got a bunch of plans for LED lighting, liquor shelving, a 4 tap jockey box with a Homer Simpson logo theme on it, and an arduino powered custom liquor dispenser in a black pipe style tap. It will be similar to the 'Sidebar Beverage" setup, but at like a fraction of the cost once I get the parts together. I got an example of the pipe setup minus the bottle on top.
    All exciting stuff!

I'm a big fan of Willet bourbon. I didn't realize there was an associated beer.

2 months later
    #8581 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

^^Paint the ceiling flat black. Now's the time to do it. Doing a black ceiling will give your room depth in the height - if that makes any sense. And, if you need to add extra electrical circuits (you will) it makes it very convenient.

Quoted from ramegoom:

For overhead lights, I used can lights placed evenly around the room except for above the pins. Whatever light you place there will glare off the PF glass and be irritating. Be very cautious about lighting above the pins.

Agree with this with one exception. Put a row of can lights over the pins on a separate switch so you can turn it on to service them and off to play. We just finished a basement remodel where we painted the ceiling black and used can lights everywhere. Looks great. I'm waiting for the last finishing touches and then I'll post pics.

1 week later
    #8628 6 years ago

We just totally redid our game room. Here are the before pictures:
    BasementBarLocation (resized).JPGBasementBarLocation (resized).JPG
    BasementInBetween (resized).JPGBasementInBetween (resized).JPGBasementPinLocation (resized).JPGBasementPinLocation (resized).JPG

And, here are the after pictures:
    IMG_1577 (resized).JPGIMG_1577 (resized).JPGIMG_1584 (resized).JPGIMG_1584 (resized).JPGIMG_1579 (resized).JPGIMG_1579 (resized).JPGIMG_1580 (resized).JPGIMG_1580 (resized).JPGIMG_1581 (resized).JPGIMG_1581 (resized).JPGIMG_1585 (resized).JPGIMG_1585 (resized).JPG

I documented the process here, in case anyone is interested:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-sought-for-redoing-game-room-basement

I'm very pleased!

#8641 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Super, that black ceiling makes the room look a lot bigger.

Thanks. The idea for removing the ceiling tiles and painting everything black came from you a while ago. It just took me a few years before I could make it happen.

#8643 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Really. I REALLY like it now. Now if you want you can put some lit pf's up easily for effect. I have 8 total with 5 having lit inserts.

We definitely need something for the walls. I don't think my wife will accept playfields. We looked online at a ton of "bar" signs but couldn't find ones we wanted. I'm going to try to check out some antique stores this weekend and see what vintage signs they have.

1 week later
    #8668 6 years ago

Anyone have a good source for gameroom signs (arcade, pinball or bar signs) that aren't the usual places like Amazon, Ebay, Overstock, Wayfair, Etsy, etc.? We're being picky and can't find something we like.

#8671 6 years ago
    Quoted from AvidListener:

Hi.
    I don't know if Hobby Lobby is considered outside of the mainstream, but they typically have several vintage style arcade/gameroom signs.
    Although, you may have already seen some of their selection listed on eBay and the like.

Yeah, I think they were part of the mix. Thanks though.

#8673 6 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Try an eccentric antique mall or other similar place where hipsters shop for room decor. There has to be several such places in the northeast.

There was a great antique place in Plymouth. I drove there last weekend to discover they had closed.

There's another good one in Providence but I haven't had a chance to go yet.

1 month later
    #8896 6 years ago
    Quoted from frb:

I loved the arcades back in the day. Every one I was ever at was plastered with no refunds.

I just bought that Fallout Shelter sign for my game room. Haven't decided where to put it yet.

2 months later
    #9342 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

A few small updates from last time I posted but nothing major. Still doesn't compare to a lot of these game palaces. FunHouse is at my parents' place for now.

Nice. You need to join the cats and pinball thread if you haven’t already.

2 months later
    #9838 6 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

I wish I had more ceiling height. No toppers!

Are you able to lift your playfields for maintenance?

1 week later
    #9955 6 years ago
    Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

Just in the process of finishing the floor as of last night..... Needs some more wall art, most of my wall hanger back glasses are out in my main front room. Still gotta get the 55" TV & TV stand in there in the one corner a few other odds & ends, but it's getting there.

Looks beautiful! You should consider painting the ceiling matte black. It would make everything pop all that much more!

4 weeks later
    #10107 6 years ago

Anyone have any recommendations for a cheap way to protect a wall from darts that doesn’t involve cork?

#10128 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I just finished this project for my step son. Took 2 hours and cost me a few dollars for fuel and mounting bracket.
    Cable wheel = free. They get tossed all the time
    Fuel = $5. I used the blowtorch and burned the wood, it is not stained and does not have any coating on it.
    Wall mirror hanging bracket = $6

Nice!

1 month later
    #10423 6 years ago
    Quoted from swampshroom:

Pics of my game room. I'm very proud of it. This time last year it was a dusty basement with concrete walls. With the help of my two boys and my wife we finished it, it is now where we spend most of our time. Weather it's jammin on the guitars and drums, playing console games, watching movies, and then obviously there's pinball

Nice collection of Nintendo consoles!

#10426 6 years ago
    Quoted from swampshroom:

The NES is my original that I bought with my paper route money back in 85. It still plays great.

I lost my original NES. I think my parents tossed it when their basement flooded. It’s amazing how many Nintendo consoles I’ve had over the years. I recently bought a PS4 which is nice, but shortly after I bought a Switch which is amazing, and I kind of abandoned the PS4. Nintendo might go on hiatus every now and then, but they always come back and up the ante. I’ve been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild a ton lately. One of the most amazing games made. A true game changer.

1 month later
    #10797 5 years ago
    Quoted from balt:

Bought my first pin yesterday so took my first game room photo today.

Welcome to the madness!

2 months later
    #11189 5 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

Finally finished our basement this year and the builder took some great photos of it:

Looks amazing, and what a great location for the shuffle table! I wish I had space for one of those.

4 months later
    #12082 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

[quoted image][quoted image]

My Tasmanian Devil ornament just ran out of batteries. Had to order some more. I hope the boards don’t have acid damage.

#12095 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

My Tasmanian Devil ornament just ran out of batteries. Had to order some more. I hope the boards don’t have acid damage.

New batteries came today, and I’m back in business!

3 weeks later
    #12266 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

First photos of the Game Room 2019
    I will be embarking on a bit of a project down here to warm the space up by changing flooring, paint and perhaps replacing the drop ceiling or painting it black.
    If I get really ambitious I may move 2 walls and expand in to more of the unfinished storage space.
    Happy new year everyone!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great space! I would highly recommend removing the drop ceiling and painting it all matte black above. You will be amazed at how it can seem to open up the space even more.

#12272 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

I worry about sound bleeding through to the first floor and sound from first floor coming through downstairs.
    Also, I did have a Doctor Who but I sold it.

I’m not sure about that. You can definitely hear the coils from the pins on the first floor of my house, but that may have been the case with the tiles as well before I removed them. I can’t remember.

4 months later
    #13280 4 years ago

It's been a while since I posted pictures of my game room, and I think the last time I did, it wasn't fully decorated. I still need some more stuff for the walls, but this is pretty good for now.

IMG_0595 (resized).JPGIMG_0595 (resized).JPGIMG_0596 (resized).JPGIMG_0596 (resized).JPGIMG_0593 (resized).JPGIMG_0593 (resized).JPGIMG_0597 (resized).JPGIMG_0597 (resized).JPGIMG_0594 (resized).JPGIMG_0594 (resized).JPGIMG_0598 (resized).JPGIMG_0598 (resized).JPGIMG_0599 (resized).JPGIMG_0599 (resized).JPG

#13283 4 years ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

Nice space! I really like the red wall with the black ceiling

Thanks. The black ceiling was my idea. It is so much better than the old, stained drop tiles we used to have in and really opens up the space. The accent wall was my wife’s idea. I really like it a lot too.

#13306 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Do you know how much your bar top extends over the bar? Did you have to brace it underneath?

It extends 8 inches. We do have corbels under it, but they are flat metal bars that you can't see unless you bend down and look under. We wanted a clean look to it.

2 weeks later
    #13441 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Smith:

A router, 5 nails, some LEDs, and a few hours later:
    (Now to just find light blue LEDS...)[quoted image]

Looks fantastic!

2 months later
    #13764 4 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

My skateboard corner of the gameroom keeps getting better & better lately so I might as well share again.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! I haven’t seen those designs in ages. I used to have a Lance Mountain. Don’t think it is on your wall. Really cool collection.

2 months later
    #14113 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Updated pics, post renovation.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I recently got Hookey as well. Fun game, and it doesn't leave marks on the wall like darts.

4 months later
    #14872 4 years ago

So how many people’s game rooms are now home offices as well? I know mine is.

1 week later
    #14935 4 years ago
    Quoted from SteamVette:

I tend to go old school on my pins. Part of my game room.[quoted image]

Great looking ceiling. What is that?

1 month later
    #15124 3 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

When you run out of room in the game room so you have to put a game in the office lol
    [quoted image]

When you can’t go into the office, you have to put an office in your game room. 2944D33E-4C79-431E-AEA5-388C5CDC5136 (resized).jpeg2944D33E-4C79-431E-AEA5-388C5CDC5136 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #15201 3 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I need to invest in a couple of those as my basement has no HVAC. How much for the unit and installation?

We installed one after redoing the basement because it was suffocatingly hot down there in the summer. Whisper quite and wonderfully cool. I believe we paid about $3,000 for equipment and installation after energy rebates. Make sure to use a reputable company and ask if there are rebates available in your state.

4 weeks later
    #15323 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hey question for you all. Anyone paint just one wall red, black, blue, etc to make it a feature wall and do you have pics?
    We went with a neutral grey and there's lots of wood. Wife wants the 12' end wall to be a pop of color. Something red she says

Sorry for the graininess of the pic. All walls are grey except for our accent wall.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#15324 3 years ago

Here’s another. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

4 months later
    #16274 3 years ago

I’ve been getting into electronics a bit as a hobby, and my latest project was making an infinity mirror. I programmed different modes with an Arduino and have a push button to change modes. I’m running out of places to put my projects so I decided to try to find space for this one in my game room. It fits well under the pachinko machine, but I may ultimately want to find a better location.

AA5E833B-080B-4C86-B6F1-8F525E6D2E0A (resized).jpegAA5E833B-080B-4C86-B6F1-8F525E6D2E0A (resized).jpegADC2A78F-97B1-4992-B819-454299E69D71 (resized).jpegADC2A78F-97B1-4992-B819-454299E69D71 (resized).jpegDD4E7845-1A3E-4C1D-9F27-C3DF44D4C208 (resized).jpegDD4E7845-1A3E-4C1D-9F27-C3DF44D4C208 (resized).jpegAE9C4D2E-C1E6-48C6-8374-3403D1B92C82 (resized).jpegAE9C4D2E-C1E6-48C6-8374-3403D1B92C82 (resized).jpeg

#16278 3 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

I say toss the pachinko and put the infinity mirror in its place. Your infinity mirror is quite nice. Well done.

Thanks. I’ve wanted a pachinko machine for years. When I finally got one and fixed it up, I discovered it’s not that fun. But I want to keep it.

Quoted from roar:

I think I'd hang it on the wall above the pachinko machine rather than the floor. It seems out of place down there... but at the same time I'd put the pachinko machine on the wall too.

I tend to agree and have thought about that. There’s less space than it looks like in the pictures, but I’m still contemplating finding a place for the mirror on the wall.

#16281 3 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

I think I'd hang it on the wall above the pachinko machine rather than the floor. It seems out of place down there... but at the same time I'd put the pachinko machine on the wall too.

You’re right. Moved it. And the pachinko machine nicely hides the cords and control box.

91BC4C00-9650-4A6F-BCD5-BB69910C4715 (resized).jpeg91BC4C00-9650-4A6F-BCD5-BB69910C4715 (resized).jpeg4DBD00BF-5EE2-4DBB-AAFB-262BBA39CF61 (resized).jpeg4DBD00BF-5EE2-4DBB-AAFB-262BBA39CF61 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
    #16731 3 years ago

In my experience, electricians just look at the game, see 8 amps and say that’s what you need. I have four pins on one breaker and haven’t had a problem, but they rarely get played at the same time. Most everything I’ve read on pinside is consistent with the advice here — 3-4 pins per breaker.

#16737 3 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

As currently designed I would be at 6 per 20amp circuit. I'm going to add 3 circuits to get it to 4 and drive on. Thanks ALL for the info. Keeping me straight over here...

You’ll be fine with that. Good luck with everything.

1 month later
    #17128 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

but there’s so much left to do and he’s making noises about needing more money (ain’t no way that is happening).

Totally agree. Don’t pay a dime more given what’s going on. These are warning signs, and if he’s not motivated to move by the lack of money, he will be even less motivated when you give him the money. I had a similar issue on a much smaller job, a bathroom remodel. It never worked out with the original contractor, and we ended up losing about $6K. We could have sued, but he didn’t have any money, and it would have just been more time spent and added frustration.

Quoted from PinPickle:

Man I fee your pain.
    Not a terrible idea to get a quote from another contractor and see how long it would take him to finish.
    Talk to your current contractor, hey may be willing to mutually part ways. One guy every couple days is unacceptable.

This. 100%. Find a way to part ways assuming you can get someone else in there.

1 year later
    #20013 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Just got games back up after a couple months of rebuilding the game room. There was a plumbing problem and they had to take it to the studs and rebuild. It sucked but the good part was I got to design it to my needs. Will post more pics later after it’s more out together. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the carpet and chairs. That’s really cool.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=Nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.