Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,253 posts in this topic match your search for posts by MustangPaul. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1422 10 years ago

// Error: Image 112428 not found //

Quoted from SteveFury:Everyone has some great points about tile versus wood flooring. One thing rarely considered is the way flooring dramatically effects the acoustics of a room.
    Me, personally I prefer tile to be in certain areas such as kitchens and bathrooms because there's not a whole lot of noise sources a person would want to pay attention to. A dramatically contrasted example would be a tile floor in a home theater. In that case you have two or more sound sources which you definitely don't want multiple room reflections.
    I am not sure if a room full of pins in a highly acoustically reflective room would be versus a lesser one regarding someone who may be sensitive to the noise. I only have two pins and they are EM. If I had a choice in designing a game/entertainment room it would most surely have flooring of thick carpet and I'll do some kind of sound absorbing wall treatment. An acoustically "dead" room naturally sounds warmer and more inviting than its opposite.

I'm with you on this one, you have to have some sound absorption in the room. With all the sounds of pins, music and people the room would sound like Grand Central Station and drive everyone crazy. My basement walls and ceiling are bare so I'm putting carpet down which should help some. // Error: Image 112428 not found //

#1424 10 years ago
    Quoted from Joshmx19:

Nothing special just games

Nothing like a dark room with nothing to light it with but pins.

#1431 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I just finished wiring up my new gamesroom yesterday.
    Except the floor sockets, they have to wait till the carpet goes down.
    Should fit 100 in here according to my drawings.
    rd.

You have got to be kidding me.

#1432 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Well....my tiny space really pales in comparison to most here, but it is what I have to work with :-/ Maybe one of these days I can have an amazing space like some of you guys.
    My modest collection.....1 pin, 1 video, 1 sim racing rig
    I have been sim racing competitively for over 10 years now. It even led to me and my brother buying a SCCA racecar and racing for real. We have been doing that sparingly over the last few years. I also built my steering wheel interface and my hydraulic pedals.
    Sorry for the crappy panoramic picture, I don't have a cool iPhone

LOVE IT!!! Can I drive?

#1435 10 years ago
    Quoted from BOBCADE:

I documented my addition here on pinside (search pin room tips) and I'm finally ready to post a short video of my room. We haven't built the bar yet but it will replace the stereo rack and I plan to pull the couch out then and use 2 single loungers.
    Here's the vid
    » YouTube video
    One speaker is out of place because I was working on DESW (recent buy in bundle from ex-op)and forgot to move back before shooting.

VERY nice. I'll bet the house rule is no pin playing while the movie is on

#1446 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Finally got around to taking some new pics.
    chris

Very nice and enough room to roam.

#1456 10 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Limited space here, but the boys and I have The Man Cave set. (I have room for 2 more max without bumping into the living area on the other side. I'd like to finish the ceiling, but then I'd have to remove toppers if I ever got FT, WH2O, HS, etc, so I'm debating)

Just paint the ceiling flat black, my room is like yours and that's what I'm gonna do.

3 weeks later
    #1578 10 years ago
    Quoted from OHEMIO:

Wow you guys and gals have great game rooms. I'm more of an EM guy but here's my current line up...

You got some head room there my friend and a lot of work ahead of you to fix it up. Wish I had that much sq. ft.

#1579 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Fun night for the kids. My daughters bday party.

Nice. 10ft ceilings?

1 month later
    #1664 10 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

I've moved some pins around and decided to take a couple of pictures. This is the only one I liked. This angle allowed me to get all of my pins in one picture.
    ... Altan
    (Some of you know, but there is a little trick going on here also...)

It's all in the mirrors. Great idea.

#1665 10 years ago

Here's a pic. of my work in progress. You can barely make out 2 pins in the picture.

9-2-13.JPG9-2-13.JPG

3 weeks later
    #1768 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I prefer t3 although people give it bad rep
    T3 has a much deeper ruleset than t2
    More dot matrix animation
    Plus a RPG Backbox toy
    And still designed by Steve Richie who designed t2

I just bought the HUO T3 that was for sale here on the forum Market Place. From video I liked what I saw and heard so I hope your right. That makes 10 for me and I'm full up.

#1769 10 years ago

Now that the pool table is sold (buyer picking up the rest of it tomorrow) all I have to do is move the water heater, add some electrical and carpet and the "Game Dungeon" will be ready for the games. This pic. is only about half the room. 8 pins will be along the back wall and the wall that the pool table is leaning on there will be a 6ft bar and 2 arcade games. On the opposite wall there will be 2 pins and a sit down driving game. Not pictured is a 10x12ft room that will have an 80in. 3D tv and the surround system. Half the fun of having your own game room is the planning and building of it.

Nopooltable.JPGNopooltable.JPG

#1782 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-3
    This will give you some ideas for LEDs for ya pin

Thanks...it's all ready fully led'd. Gonna have to see if I like how it's done.

3 weeks later
    #1860 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigduke6:

After years of service I'm sorry to say that my garage bar is officially closing, but there is a new family/pin room being built in northern Wisconsin as we speak!

IMG_8937.JPG 3 MB

Selling the house?

4 weeks later
    #1946 10 years ago
    Quoted from GimpMaster:

Here are more pictures of the media room. I watched 3 movies in it yesterday since I was getting over a cold. Notice the anamorphic lens. Makes movies that much cooler when you get to watch them without the letterbox.
    Also its RGB rope lighting, but we paused it for the pictures. Wife is an interior designer and is updating her portfolio on Houzz that is why I had these lying around to post.

theater_room.png 2 MB

theather_room2.png 2 MB

You have got to be kidding me!!! How many sq. ft. is that room? BEAUTIFUL!!

#1947 10 years ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

embarrassed to post mine after that theater room...My gameroom is in basement. 6 pins and 2 vids and hoping for another pin this week.

game2.jpg 317 KB

game3.jpg 320 KB

game1-353.jpg 274 KB

That looks pretty big. Nice and cozzy looking.

#1948 10 years ago
    Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Here is my garage gameroom as of Nov12,2013

IMG_2259.JPG 316 KB

IMG_2261.JPG 215 KB

IMG_2263.JPG 308 KB

IMG_2264.JPG 288 KB

IMG_2265.JPG 237 KB

IMG_2266.JPG 316 KB

IMG_2267.JPG 232 KB

43 pins, that has got to be one big ass garage. You got your own nuke reactor to power it all. NICE!!!

1 month later
    #2088 10 years ago
    Quoted from JeffZee:

I posted a few pictures a while back, but now I finally settled on a lighting scheme after a few years of tinkering. I use chrome bathroom light bars fitted with colored compact spiral fluorescents. The bulbs have an interesting shape and provide some mellow color. I found racks of these bathroom fixtures for $5 to $15 at Habitat for Humanity stores. There's a soffit running the length of the room and I found I could mount lights on the sides of the soffit without causing glare on any pinball playfield glass or backglass. Shorter people see a bit of glare at the top of the backglasses, but it's not too bad. Altogether I have three eight-bulb light bars on each side of the soffit for a total of 48 bulbs in red, yellow, green and blue. I don't know how to get decent pictures of the effect. In real life the color and shape of the bulbs are plainly visible and there's a neat alternating color effect down the center of the room. Yet the colors combine to light the games in a more even white. I like it.

14-01-04-02.JPG 223 KB

14-01-04-08.JPG 242 KB

14-01-04-07.JPG 231 KB

That's a great Idea. Now if you put black light bulbs in that would be 480 watts per bar and with 6 bars that would be 2880 watts of black light. That room would really GLOW.

1 week later
    #2107 10 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

I have to finish the ceiling and thought about putting some black lights in. Not a lot of them just enough to make the floor pop but not making everyone's teeth glow.

Be prepared to get A LOT of them. My room is about 600sf and I have 12-15 watt (60 watt eq screw in bulbs which lights up the room nice when 10 of my games are on. But the bl has a hard time reaching under the games and it looked wanting so I put a 22in. bl tube light under each and now it looks like the games are "floating" on the bl carpet. It really looks cool. So that's a total of 22 bl bulbs at 15 watts each = 330 watts of bl for a 600 or so sq. ft. room without peoples teeth glowing. If you have a tall ceiling you would need half again that many. Don't even think about the regular incandecent bl bulbs, they generate way to much heat and, I think, don't give off very much bl and they use 60 watts of electricity.

#2110 10 years ago

My ceiling is unfinished and painted flat black above the games to prevent any glare on the pin glass and I have 6 of these fixtures (see Fixture1 pic) in the room, I'm thinking of adding 2 or 3 more. Fixture2 pic shows the 22in long bulb that is under each game. Total cost so far is about $200. If your ceiling is finished you might want to get the 4 or 8ft fixtures. You can get a good package deal on these on ebay. Are you going with bl carpet? I love it and so do my guests. I can refer you to the place I bought mine.

Fixture1.JPGFixture1.JPG Fixture2.JPGFixture2.JPG
    #2112 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hashman:

Geez I wish I had the space some of you guys have!

hashmans-dangershed.jpg 60 KB

Looks like a good size room to me. How many sq ft is it? Move the tv and there's 3 more games. I wish I had your ceiling height.

#2125 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Mine has black lights on the ceiling. Ed

image.jpg 209 KB

image-35.jpg 189 KB

image-942.jpg 200 KB

image-345.jpg 198 KB

image-913.jpg 208 KB

I like the "look" you gave the room, makes it a nice place to "escape" to to have fun. I went with the same look, makes me feel like I'm at an Arcade not down by basement.

#2126 10 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Black lights and a juke box to play Pink Floyd. You only need one more thing. What?

2 more things, the other one being a keg. Nothing like a good black light kegger.

1 week later
    #2129 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Here is an HDR picture of the main row in my new game room.

large-6.jpg 74 KB

Nice row, I have 8 in my main line too. I have black light carpet also and found the bl doesn't reach under the games very well so I put a 22in. bl bulb under each game and it lights it so well it looks almost like the games are floating on the carpet. Looks like you have a good size room with a nice clear span.

BL carpet.JPGBL carpet.JPG
    #2133 10 years ago
    Quoted from ThatGuy:

Updated picture after 2 pins left the room. But, one more is coming in.

image.jpg 278 KB

Ohhhh a sit down Star Wars game. NICE.

#2134 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

These picture are from a year ago..line up changed a few times since then.

DSC00051.JPG 378 KB

DSC00052.JPG 419 KB

DSC00050.JPG 347 KB

Nice GR and great games.

#2137 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Here's a few pics of my man cave and my wife's library too, converted for one night.

image-588.jpg 95 KB

image-44.jpg 77 KB

image-857.jpg 96 KB

image-802.jpg 101 KB

image-236.jpg 85 KB

image-548.jpg 83 KB

Nice. Wish I had the ceiling height and wall space you have.

#2144 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Just posted a quick video of the first party in my new room. We had nine pins, one vid and eight people. This was a trial run for many future parties which hopefully will be bigger. 2001 and Ms Pacman/Galaga not pictured. I will have a few more EMs in the room in the near future including Target Alpha and Volley.
    » YouTube video

I play mine in the dark too. Looks like you could really use those 22in. bl lights under your games too. That would really make that carpet pop.

#2145 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

I may have overdone it with arcade marquees, framed flyers and backglasses. Lol.

Not at all, I like it.

#2148 10 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Don't have a game room more like a game wall

image-115.jpg 236 KB

That's 6 TOP NOTCH games you have there. Me like!

#2151 10 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Thanks, if only I was a better player. I got the games, now I got to master them.

I hear ya there. I have 10 on line and feel the same way.

#2152 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Yeah I have been planning to get some! I might move my main LED blacklight bar down low too.

I'd keep it high, out of peoples way. I have mine screwed to the underside of each game, no way are people going to break them.

#2154 10 years ago
    Quoted from jardine:

My little getaway from wife and kids, even though my eldest (6yr old) is currently loving the mame setup.
    It's a single garage in my house. Gets bloody hot in the summer and nice and cold in the winter. No insulation makes for these types of room temps.
    The consoles that are with the TV are a NES, Segamega Drive and Xbox. It's cool that I can sit down and have a bash of these while my girls sit on the stools playing my mame. Good to share my obsession with them. Gives us something in common at such a young age.
    Enjoy....

First.jpg 134 KB

Second.jpg 88 KB

Third.jpg 59 KB

Looks nice, what's on the other side of the "garage"? Room for the car?

#2158 10 years ago
    Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

Just out of curiosity, do black lights have the same effects on game cabinet art as regular UV exposure over time?

No, they are way to weak for that. The wrong wavelength (I think) also.

#2161 10 years ago

Two ladies and a guy in the middle. Nice.

#2165 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

Not a pic of the whole gameroom but definity my favorite, my 9mo old son helping me out with the latest addition a LAH

photo (3).JPG 216 KB

Cool pic of you and son, nice big room too, looks like there's more to it.

#2176 10 years ago
    Quoted from rstrunks:

I actually have three of them. This one is a bit of a...project. plan to sand it and respray. I bought it primarily for the parts but I cant bear to part it out. I managed to pick up a bunch of NOS stuff for these games while I could a few years ago. I just need some time to work on it.

20140209_123729.jpg 259 KB

Love the period sparkle finish, reminds me of a boat my friend used to have.

#2180 10 years ago
    Quoted from SteveFury:

For me it's not only the games in a room- but the atmosphere the room creates.

I didn't want my gr to look like the rest of the house that's why I went with the "arcade" look for my room....so it looks like I went somewhere to play.

#2185 10 years ago
    Quoted from ThatGuy:

Thanks! I just got my monitor working. It's beautiful to sit down and hear the Star Wars theme and all the fantastic sounds coming from the rear speakers.
    "Red Five I'm going in!"

Wish I had the room for that one.

2 weeks later
    #2196 10 years ago
    Quoted from Leeps:

Just moved a couple months ago. Basement is still a work in progress but it's coming along nicely!

1898.jpg 420 KB

1900.jpg 388 KB

1899.jpg 378 KB

1901.jpg 213 KB

1902.jpg 363 KB

1903.jpg 398 KB

1904.jpg 399 KB

1905.jpg 362 KB

1953.jpg 464 KB

Nice large game room. If that room were empty how many pins could put in it? Ever figure it out? I'd say 40-50.

#2198 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Girls gotta sell cookies so I can play my pins!

image.jpg 336 KB

You had me worried for a minute there with that picture.....I thought that was Sterns newest game.

#2215 10 years ago
    Quoted from laruetl77:

Not the most impressive game room, but there's always time to grow and get more machines down the road.

image-719.jpg 360 KB

How big is the room?

#2216 10 years ago
    Quoted from Trace_on:

I finally have something worthy of posting.

image.jpg 267 KB

4 great game there but the ST is the best.

#2221 10 years ago

Love this thread but alot of times it makes me wish I had a bigger gameroom.

#2224 10 years ago
    Quoted from thunderstorm:

everyone will always wish they had a bigger game room, even these guys with the gamerooms bigger then my entire house... it'll never be big enough....
    apparently that's what she said....

So true but mine is only 550sf.

#2230 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

500sf small?? Your lucky I only have 200sf to work with.

This is how you fill 550sf with 13 pins, 3 stand up arcades, 1 sit down driving game, 46in HDTV, surround sound system, 6ft bar and surprisingly have plenty of room left over for people to sit and walk around. Also black light carpet, playfields on the walls and ceiling and pin cab decals hung from the ceiling. Makes me feel like I left the house and went somewhere to play.

GR 1.JPGGR 1.JPG
    GR 2.JPGGR 2.JPG
    GR 3.JPGGR 3.JPG
    GR 4 (2).JPGGR 4 (2).JPG
    GR 5.JPGGR 5.JPG
    GR 6.JPGGR 6.JPG
    GR 7.JPGGR 7.JPG
    GR 8.JPGGR 8.JPG
    GR 9.JPGGR 9.JPG
    GR 10.JPGGR 10.JPG
    GR 11.JPGGR 11.JPG
    GR12.JPGGR12.JPG
    GR 13.JPGGR 13.JPG
    GR 14.JPGGR 14.JPG

#2232 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

I really, really appreciate pictures of basement toilets. Thanks!

That's not in the basement....it's got a window.

#2236 10 years ago
    Quoted from judremy:

How many circuits do you have for that room alone?

2-20amp and 1-15amp but may run another 15.

#2239 10 years ago
    Quoted from suave84:

I bet you are a master at packing a suitcase.

You bet...throw some stuff in a duffel and take off.

#2241 10 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

Finally got all my machines in my new games room. Need to complete the other end of it with TV, Sterio and other incidentals. But at least all the machines are home and loved.

image.jpg 394 KB

That looks like a VERY nice GR. How many sf. is it?

#2247 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

Great job Paul!. Love the gameroom. Tempest? Too cool in my book

Thanks, makes me feel like I left the house and went back in time to the arcades I used to go to. I renovated Tempest, paint, overlays, speakers, buttons, spinner knob and T-molding. Have a couple of mods for it too.

#2248 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

Gotta get out there sometime soon. I'll bring the beer...

Your welcome anytime. I still have Summit Pale Ale left so if you like it no need to bring beer. Bring a friend too.

#2253 10 years ago
    Quoted from Magicchiz:

Rooms still a little bare. Going to get some pin flyers and posters. Although the master pinball player doesn't seem to care. Just wants to play.

20140223_154611.jpg 231 KB

20140223_152952.jpg 299 KB

20140223_153100.jpg 222 KB

Yup you've got some decorating to do and I REALLY am jealous of the head room you have. I suggest some neon to add some bright color. I have 2 of your 5 pins TFTC and EATPM. Good choice.

#2255 10 years ago

I'll say you have some room. NICE! I see you have a Tempest, so do I. They make a new marque and control panel overlay for it. Did you know? I put them on mine with new T-molding and repainted the front wood and coin door.

#2259 10 years ago
    Quoted from lb45:

I have installed some Backglasses in the Bar
    2 left to hang up : A Quicksilver, A Solar Ride.
    I have broken my Snow Queen

P1030021.JPG 53 KB

They add great color to the room. That's bad news about the Snow Queen. Got anymore pics. of the room?

#2264 10 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

Here's the most current video of our basement...
    » YouTube video

That looks like one noisy fun room.

#2265 10 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

*edit - I found the laser you used*
    » YouTube video
    I think those are so cool, ever since I saw the laser beam splitter in the movie "real genius"

laser_projector.jpg 31 KB

Where do you get something like that?

#2274 10 years ago

I have mostly pins but I like a little mix so I have a shooter, driver, Tempest and a flyer, MACH 3. MACH 3 when I can find someone to fix it that is.

#2276 10 years ago
    Quoted from lb45:

Another corner .

P1030017.JPG 52 KB

The games standing up, are they just for art?

#2278 10 years ago
    Quoted from lb45:

Hi MustangPaul
    I moved recently, so i reinstalled the machines quickly.
    Stargazer is running, but i have to manage the 21 machines..
    Here the machine installed near Nineball , when i was in the previous location.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/56198463@N02/11910355425/

WOW, you have some cool older games. I watched the Invaders TV show when it was on Prime Time tv but I never knew there was an Invaders pin, that must be super rare. From the looks of your game room you must live in the mountains. Got any pictures of the view out your windows?

#2280 10 years ago

A custom, very nice. I used to have dial-up and know your pain.

#2286 10 years ago
    Quoted from dfsays:

Basement getaway.

Great grandfather made the pillows and grandmother the afghan.

Need to tuck those wires away a little better...

Grandma gave me the rad retro 70s bar too.

Constructed this last year all by my lonesome. *pats back However, took two badass friends to lug those bastards in the corner down twelve stairs. They'll probably be there till I die. Lots of board gaming goes down in the nerd den.
    Envious of these awesome-r game rooms posted in this thread!

7fa0f584cbadaf3dffb4647453a8db3f... 69 KB

af3d24ce60e382d83c9faaac14b197b3... 58 KB

bf690df3eafc47805cb111f288ce7071... 55 KB

3ebbaef54712e2b6b09f87b038a7dd7e... 73 KB

Looks cozy.

#2304 10 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

After a long time waiting, I finally have relegated the machines to their own room. It's a very humble beginning, but it's my beginning, and I like it !

Game_Room_1.jpg 53 KB

Game_Room_2.jpg 67 KB

Nice set of pins...I have the exact same 3. You have good taste sir.

#2311 10 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

The latest garage lineup, CC & AFM are with McCune

image-615.jpg 325 KB

That's some line-up. Nice cades too.

#2321 10 years ago
    Quoted from ddebuss:

Spent the last couple of nights going through this thread. All I can say is WOW! My herd is still growing in fact this thread helped me figure out how to get 2 more pins and a Skee-ball into the space I have. I now find myself anxiously hunting for new ones. I was always looking but figured I'd have to get rid of one if I get a new one. Now I can get MORE!! More!!! more!!!! without getting rid of anything.
    For now here's how she looks. I'm not much for decorating so not much in the artwork area. There's also a theater room and full bathroom already in and mini-kitchen going in waiting for me to drag a plumber onsite.
    Room 1:
    Foosball
    Asteriods
    Ice Cold Beer
    2x Multicades
    Space for 1 more arcade (Stargate, Defender, or Tempest)
    The multicades might go away for something else
    Room 2:
    Demolition Man (just shopped. Love this the most) and my first
    Terminator 2 (never fell in love first to go when I run out of space)
    Monopoly (kids love this one - I'm indifferent)
    Fish Tales (love it but needs to be cleaned)
    Data East Hook (Only seen 1 on this thread. Just shopped. Like more than the ratings would imply I would)
    Valley Cougar Darts (This gets a LOT of play and I love it.)

IMG_20140212_160924_404.jpg 217 KB

IMG_20140212_155229_324.jpg 194 KB

There is always a way to fit in one more.

#2325 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Moved my classics into the primary gameroom. Garage gameroom now hold all the 90's era...

image-364.jpg 298 KB

Nice but wow they barely fit.

#2327 10 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

wall to wall pins! best way to do it

Yup, I have 8 along one wall with 3in. between the heads. Missed putting a 9th pin in by about 5 inches.

#2349 10 years ago
    Quoted from cp1610:

Finally got 3 of them in the same place the other 3 or elsewhere.

IMG_0326.jpg 323 KB

Genie and BH, sharp wide bodies.

#2360 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cenobyte:

Just a video of my game room since it was extended (and dubbed "Game Room 2.0")
    » YouTube video

That is one hell of a nice vid and gameroom and you have another room with a permanent slot car track....GREAT!

Can I come over and play....for about a month. You must have some great parties. Would LOVE to see a party vid.

#2365 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cenobyte:

Parties are the most fun! As you can see in the last part of the video, there's a complete music and light show system built in the rear part of the game room with laser, fogger, etc. I have used over 160 feet of multicolor LED tape and we have not one but two bars. As you can imagine, some parties end well after midnight...
    As for the fun line-up: there are currently 23 pinball machines, a 3 lane slot race track, 2 MAME arcade systems, an air hockey table and a beamer system with TV tuner, PS3 and XBOX360 hooked to it.

That is some fun for sure. The only thing your missing is a driving simulator. I saw just the thing for ya and only $48,000.00 on ebay. If I had the money I'd have 2.

#2377 10 years ago

That would make a cool gag, put one on the wall and when someone asks to use the bathroom point at it.

#2381 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

These are a couple of pics of the living room and den area of my house. Before the camera died.

DSCN2498.JPG 243 KB

DSCN2499.JPG 238 KB

In your living room? You must be single like me.

#2394 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

th-3-628.jpeg 24 KB

Now that would make a cool gameroom, and the cows could have the house.

#2401 10 years ago

Love the arcade look Ed, I did mine with that look too.

GR 4 (2).JPGGR 4 (2).JPG GR 3.JPGGR 3.JPG
    #2407 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Kaneda, did you get Felix from PinballSmith, or are there 2 in private hands now? I didn't think he was selling his, just wondering. It is very cool to own one. I played one at DisneyQuest last October.
    I haven't updated the gameroom, but I did do a little decorating in the laundry/bathroom and got a custom bathroom sign since we're sticking with the alien/sci-fi theme with "Area 42 Arcade." Also added a cool decal on the door to the second pinball room. That room has Frankenstein, Jurassic Park, and soon Predator, so I thought the warning was appropriate.

image-42.jpg 240 KB

image-270.jpg 156 KB

image-950.jpg 264 KB

image-849.jpg 227 KB

image-777.jpg 265 KB

You need a door covering like the last picture from wwwthinkgeek.com. They have several diff. ones to choose from. The original post from blondetall is on pg 47

#2415 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I think need to talk to ThinkGeek about getting a referral fee or commission... They might as well sponsor my gameroom since most of the stuff down there is from them.

Send pictures with a nice note and see what happens.

#2420 10 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Well, after those fancy dancy rooms, here's a rather humbling video ...
    » YouTube video

Hey you go 3 great games...I have 2 of them. You could fit one more in there from the looks of it.

#2428 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ozzie:

I ordered the airlock based on your previous post. Finishing off the area below the stairs to the basement as a "pirate Space Ship" for my little guys. Blackboard paint for the walls, some metal prop pirate keys, and the airlock door will be perfect on the tallest wall. Need to get some control panel stuff still.

Post some pictures please, sounds cool.

1 week later
    #2438 10 years ago
    Quoted from xfassa:

Welcome to the Twilight Zone.
    » YouTube video

Very nice line-up.

#2439 10 years ago
    Quoted from NFK:

IMG_4609-541.JPG 95 KB

IMG_4608-51.JPG 120 KB

That looks nice and cozy.

#2440 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

Got another playfield on the garage wall

38105.jpeg 402 KB

Looks nice. How many more ya gonna get?

#2445 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

At least one more. Doing the ceiling could be fun.

I have some on my ceiling but want to re-do it so I can light up the inserts with a constant light not blinking and be able to swing them down for cleaning the floor joists above them of cob webs and bugs.

#2459 10 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Here's a disaster picture of my gameroom from this past week......had some water issues this winter and I found out why (never had a drop before). You can see RCT on the right (2nd pic) and the Rush 2049's in the background (also 2nd pic). Thats the bowling alley with all the stuff on it

wall_rot3.jpg 290 KB

wall_rot2.jpg 278 KB

You had a rotted hole in your wall?

#2460 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Latest version of the gameroom from this past Saturday. My EM is in the garage: » YouTube video

Quoted from The_Director:

Latest version of the gameroom from this past Saturday. My EM is in the garage: » YouTube video

10 great game there.

#2461 10 years ago
    Quoted from Speeddemon:

Well mine doesn't look as nice as some but I have been spending on machines not so much the atmosphere.
    No funny comments on the light... I know already.

pinballx4lit.jpg 319 KB

VERY nice older games, they look mint.

#2467 10 years ago
    Quoted from jathomp22:

Mine has changed a lot over the last couple years. It's getting closer to being much more stable. If I can just figure out how to get an ACDC Premium in there I will be set.

20140330_162337.jpg 353 KB

Easy, take the two on the right, turn them 90 degrees then put the new one next to those two.

#2474 10 years ago
    Quoted from lb45:

Nothing new in my gameroom , but i like it.
    I just want to share a last update. I installed some backglasses on the wall.
    I hesitated to group the machine by serie (system1, system80, stern 80's ) , and finally i have mixed the generation together . Some machines don't work yet (especially Spirit and Big Game ) or are not installed (Stargazer) .
    We'll do

P1030072.JPG 199 KB

P1030075.JPG 346 KB

P1030038.JPG 467 KB

P1030045.JPG 356 KB

P1030048.JPG 400 KB

P1030041.JPG 472 KB

P1030049.JPG 521 KB

Your place is lookin REAL fine. I like your SW Light Sabers lighting up that great ceiling and the bg's look real on the walls. You've got a great place to play.

#2476 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Updated the lineuo and room a bit. Smaller collection than most, but pretty fun stuff so far. Just finished a video pin thata in the workshop and will come in soon

Well let's see some pics.

#2482 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Ah whoops didnt attach. There!

CAM00862.jpg 278 KB

Much better. 3 great pins and a ball bowler too. Nice.

#2491 9 years ago
    Quoted from 1BADTA:

002.JPG 346 KB

003.JPG 263 KB

004.JPG 324 KB

008.JPG 289 KB

006.JPG 310 KB

Love your gr and I REALLY love the openness of it. I could really relax in a room like that.

#2492 9 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

phone knows to rotate them automatically as well as certain software... but in reality they are still upside down photos Gotta rotate them and save them again in a image editing program

How about taking the pic. upside down. Then it would be rite side up when you post.

#2496 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

took the advise and installed my entrance door today. Looks great with the stones (real ones at that).

IMG_1750 (600x800).jpg 57 KB

That looks so cool, like your walking into a secret lab somewhere. How many people have been faked out and reached for the overlay door handle.

#2503 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

Having Pinny and Pizza night tomorrow, so let the blood flow begin!

English pizza, how is it. I had pizza when I was in Ireland a few years ago and the place didn't know what a sausage pizza was.

#2507 9 years ago

Yeah that looks just right Aurich. If your still in a PhotoShop mood how about adding a lit "Experiment in progress when lit" sign above the door to top off the doors effect.

#2520 9 years ago

You do have something in that nothing, Lake Gardner somewhere around the N in NOTHING. That's where you guys do you Land Speed Racing, on the saltflats. You guys have some fast cars and bikes down under.

#2536 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperball91:

Close, Lake Gairdner is actually further south where the D is in Desert in South Australia. I've been close by it a coupla times on my way to Roxby where the Uranium mine is. And Dendoc, I've been to Burleigh heads a few times. Nice place

I was close. Thanks.

#2537 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

image-629.jpg 343 KB

Looks great. Wish I had the head room you have.

#2540 9 years ago
    Quoted from jukehero1:

Here is my humble entry.I don't have the money to spend on these that I would like to,so I have to grab the right opportunities (bargains) when they appear..from right to left,and what I paid for them.. Top Score-$125 Blackout-$225 Jungle Lord-$300 Steeple Chase-$25 Seeburg SMC2 Jukebox-$275 Galaxian-$250 Chicago Coin Shootout-$550 United 1952 Shuffle Bowler-$200...you just have to keep your eyes open and be willing to do the work that nobody else wants (or is not stupid enough) to want to do...LOL all are fully functional and are in solid "players" condition.I'm a sucker for a lost cause project machine.

P3020177.JPG 328 KB

Nothing wrong with your logic at all, your saving some valuable history with your willingness to repair these old and valuable games. My hat is off to you sir.

#2548 9 years ago
    Quoted from Yrool:

image.jpg 379 KB

You have some fun games. What is the wall art of?

#2553 9 years ago
    Quoted from Yrool:

First i like to have some airbrush stuff on the wall.
    But, it was so hard 4 my airbrushing friend to find time to do it.
    So i get tired to wait and get get a graffiti wallpaper instead heheh
    looks really good almost like real graffiti

I see. Do you know TheRingMaster here on PS, he's from Sweden also.?

#2557 9 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Some updated pictures. Can you tell the wife isn't a pinhead? My aunt who never really got into pinball loves playing the heck out of Creature.

IMG_5595.JPG 49 KB

IMG_5599.JPG 63 KB

IMG_5596.JPG 58 KB

IMG_5971.JPG 72 KB

IMG_5969.JPG 68 KB

IMG_5591.JPG 65 KB

Nice set-up. I see you like to play in the dark also.

#2592 9 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Thought this was a good place to show off the new game room addition, my wall o' swap boxes
    I have 8 Stern games on the opposite wall and the eventual goal will be
    to have 8 alternate translites on the wall to swap in n' out

10011397_786186678067276_3870133... 89 KB

WOW!!! That looks GREAT but it must weigh a ton. Plastic lens I imagine.

#2593 9 years ago
    Quoted from Teo76:

.......here is my pimball room..........

WP_000825.jpg 261 KB

WP_000828.jpg 317 KB

WP_001595.jpg 357 KB

WP_001414.jpg 347 KB

WP_001408.jpg 209 KB

WP_000329.jpg 318 KB

WP_000223.jpg 146 KB

That looks great. Must get pretty loud in there. Great floor too.

#2594 9 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Woah, don't go in there tripping, You will totally fall right into that floor.
    Awesome idea, and lineup.

Can you imagine what that guy that does the 3D street chalk murals could do with a pinball room floor, paint of course. Now that would make ya sick.

#2606 9 years ago

Great signs. Wish I had the ceiling height to do that.

#2637 9 years ago
    Quoted from tripp:

the only problem being the door wouldn't open all the way.

Interesting problem. Do you have to have a door, could it swing out, instead of a door how about colored beads that act as a curtain?

#2640 9 years ago
    Quoted from tripp:

I really gave the bead curtain idea some thought, but never asked the wife as I know it wouldn't fly with her. (Didn't Greg Brady have a bead curtain on his door when he moved into the attic?) Most doors open in, but yes you could have it out swing...fire marshal's love out swinging doors.

any room for a pocket door?

#2649 9 years ago

Nice row. I have 8 in a row like that and it looks so cool. We have the same amount of pins too, 15.

#2654 9 years ago
    Quoted from J_Cutler:

You guy's make me feel bad with my one and only pin. Hopefully soon I can acquire more.

How much space you have to work with? This is what my basement looked like 2 years ago when I bought the house.

IMGA0026.JPGIMGA0026.JPG IMGA0027.JPGIMGA0027.JPG IMGA0028.JPGIMGA0028.JPG
    #2656 9 years ago

My 22ft wall will only hold 8 games so I don't know about 10 on that 24ft wall of yours. 9 for sure with about 3 length wise along the other wall.

#2664 9 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

Xfassa-- Wow! That's just amazing! One day my collection will mimic the size and scope of yours! Looks like the only thing that you're missing is a really nice Space Shuttle! Have you looked around for one?
    Sorry! That's just plain wrong of me! Had to ask though!

IMG_20131030_130904_013.jpg 193 KB

Yup it's a must in any large collection. That was my 2nd pin.

#2667 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

At Ken Kemps place tonight. "pinball rebel".

Even playing cleopatra outdoors!

image-24.jpg 302 KB

image-712.jpg 266 KB

image-610.jpg 365 KB

image-905.jpg 105 KB

image-500.jpg 229 KB

image-791.jpg 371 KB

Great place.

#2669 9 years ago

Nice set-up, I wish I had that kind of head room. Can you expand into that room with the couch in picture #6?

#2674 9 years ago
    Quoted from n0s4atu:

Well, mine's kind of themed, so my one lone pin fits that perfectly, but I'm already thinking of getting "just" one more pin. I hear that's how it starts. lol Forgive the quality I was just messing around with the cell phone and have enjoyed this thread so much I figured I'd add to it. Had to cut quite a few holes in the walls, route coax, drywall out a window to accommodate the changes the pin required, but it was worth it. I just never figured I'd cut so many holes in my new house. Oh and because someone else posted some Star Wars stuff, the last picture is a box I found in my parents attic as I cleaned it out and it's now tucked away in my man cave.

80 Inch.jpg 221 KB

Bar 1.jpg 249 KB

Table, TV, Rack.jpg 174 KB

King Chairs.jpg 185 KB

BSDnew.jpg 187 KB

DracReturns.jpg 164 KB

RedoneCorner.jpg 136 KB

ROTJ Figures.jpg 244 KB

That is one classy place. You have LOTS of room for people but not much for them to do. May be if you moved the pool table over to the right you could put 6 or 7 pins along that wall and still have plenty of room for the table. Just my 2 cents.

#2678 9 years ago
    Quoted from n0s4atu:

Well, I've always enjoyed playing pool, so I wanted to make that half of the room for that, there's actually the perfect amount of space around the table. Squeezing more pins in there would cramp playing pool and more importantly risk them getting slammed into by a cue. I could definitely move the spectator chairs over to the other side and squeeze in two pins where they are currently, but I'm thinking if the bug really bites me, this could be converted into a nice room for pins:

That room is just to the right of the big tv as you face it. If I'd move a bit faster there's also a good size room I'm using for storage and if I could clear it out, I could fit the smith machine in there and still have the ability to lift. The pool table isn't going anywhere though, because when I bought the house, there was a column smack dab in the middle of where the table is now and I had a structural engineer draw up plans so I could get it out of there. And by I, I mean paid a crew to come in and do it. Drywall, wall fishing, and adding outlets is about the extent of my "skill".

20140304_210237.jpg 216 KB

Smith from Rear.jpg 193 KB

Treadmill.jpg 166 KB

I see, must be that the picture makes it look bigger.

#2680 9 years ago
    Quoted from n0s4atu:

Yeah that part of the room is 18' wide from the wall the tv is on to the wall BSD is against and just under 19' long from the windows to the start of the bar. Pretty sure though I can pack in more pins than I can afford if I convert the gym though. lol

How big is the gym room?

#2683 9 years ago

My main pin wall is 22ft and I can only fit 8 with about 3in. between the back box's. So with 20ft. I'd say 6-7.

#2699 9 years ago

Looks great. How many people have tried to grab the fake handle to open it and tried to look through the fake window? Did you put one on the other side?

#2701 9 years ago
    Quoted from kapsreiter:

where did you get this decal?

It came from www.thinkgeek.com. They have a few other designs also.

#2706 9 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I have always hated that I can't put modern pins in my basement. It is this door and a 90 degree turn without space, and to a door too narrow to fit a game. So...
    Before:

After:

No, I did not do this myself (I'm a hack). If I had known I would have done this years ago! Just rolling a full size game in there means no more stairs It isn't a full gameroom pic yet, but now that I have a "Pinball door" that room will be getting a lot of changes. Yesterday was a happy day.

image-315.jpg 242 KB

image-683.jpg 399 KB

Smart move.

#2707 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

That's the place. I have the Tardis on the inside of the door - you exit the room into some strange "house". It's no where near as good as the entry decal though. bit too cartoony.

Well let's see a picture.

#2710 9 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Now comes the fun of picking out the drop ceiling tiles and flooring.

Is you gr going to have a theme...arcade look, finished basement look, carpet, tile? Lots of pictures in this topic to chose your look from.

#2713 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

As requested.

image-939.jpg 318 KB

Thanks. It's a little more plain but it matches the carpet really nice. That's a HUGE rolling ball sculpture. WOW!!!

#2731 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

Sorry for the offence, but it was $3,500. Some find this reasonable, others go ballistic. Just read the WOZ castle mod thread about pricing art vs mass production. Some get quite emotional.
    I know you can get an entire machine for this cost, but I like art and pinball, and it sort of combines both. You should see some of the other "first-world problem" stuff I've bought! I suppose I'll have to go home and post pics of it all now. Just my way of contributing to the economy.....
    (reminds me of the joke of the elderly woman at Tiffany's. Bends down to look at a watch and lets out a fart. She doesn't think anyone hears. A shop assistant comes over and she asks "how much is that lovely watch?". He replies "if you fart just looking at it you'll shit yourself when I tell you how much it costs!")

For a piece of original art like that that actually does something I think that's a reasonable price. More power to you dendoc.

#2737 9 years ago
    Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:

my pins have thrown up all over my living and dining room

Never thought of working on pins that way. For me it's tables. What are ya putting on the floor?

#2741 9 years ago
    Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:

This is what I am putting down. It's a huge upgrade from area rugs covering an un-leveled slab. The room used to be an open porch that was poorly converted to room after the last Hurricane. You should have seen the laughable leveling attempt we did to play pinball in this room before it was actually level. It was so bad for so long that it actually warped one of the legs on FT.

IMAG0276.jpg 183 KB

That looks like a nice hard wood floor.

#2748 9 years ago

Lookin good. Now the BIG decision is....what would the next 2 be.

#2751 9 years ago
    Quoted from Meph:

The worst part is that I have a 4 player Konami cabinet in my garage that is being turned into a 4 Player mame cabinet and now I have no clue where that monster is going to go. Its actually a little smaller than my SSF2T but damn, I picked some giants.

Well, in your first pict. you have a desk on the right side, could that be moved.

#2771 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Finally got off my ass and mounted my swap box last night. RF unit failed for some reason, need to wire in a new one, so the remote is broken and I have to hand plug / unplug temporarily, but not a huge deal.

image-360.jpg 195 KB

Gee...where did ya get that HOT tl for the box, it looks GREAT. It's almost like she's looking for the game.

#2779 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Problem is I've got this angry guy in an electric chair on my desk giving me the bloodshot stare looking for his game.

Yeah well you better watch out he plays rough.

#2783 9 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

We built this addition to our home just for games. Its almost done. We still have to "accessorize" with framed flyers, neons, other gameroom related items. Also the Ski Ball that matches the bowler is still being restored but will go beside the Bally Deluxe Ball Bowler.

002.JPG 376 KB

003.JPG 326 KB

001.JPG 432 KB

Great looking room. How big is it?

#2785 9 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Its 24 x 42. And I'm already out of space, LOL

1008 sq ft and your out of room. Time to knock out a wall. My room is half that and I'm out of room too but I can't knock down a wall cuz it's my basement.

#2800 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

My game room is in what should be the formal dining room in most homes. When we built the house, we moved the main wall back 3' to make the room a little bigger (and our master closet on the opposite side a little smaller). We added additional outlets on all the walls and one plug on each outlet is wired to a single switch. We can turn everything on/off with a single switch. There is room for 8 pins or 7 pins with 2 vids or slots (which is the current configuration). The walls are decorated with pictures, signs, backglasses, etc. Here is a quick video I took last night.
    -Ed
    » YouTube video

Nice cozy room and I love the nice high ceiling.

#2802 9 years ago

Just added these 2 led signs to the entrance to my gr. They don't make long ones so I took them apart and screwed the aluminum tops, that hold leds and acrylic to a 1x2 board and screwed the board above the door. These from a seller from China work really good because the power cable plugs into the light so I could run it through a wall and then plug it into the light, completly hiding the wire. This company also diamond cuts the edges of the acrylic also which makes them look super. The picture does not do it justice.

IMGA0992.JPGIMGA0992.JPG

#2804 9 years ago

Sure, 101winshop on ebay. $14.88 + $11.88 shipping.

#2823 9 years ago

Very nice. 2X4ft? And I see that it's still clinging to the ceiling.

#2825 9 years ago

Is it reflective at all, I've got the game and that would look great hung over the whole game if it doesn't reflect the light from the game.

#2828 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I have the same light bought from same place in China, I hate the wire to this thing and have to run an extension cord as the cord cant reach the standard outlet to plug in. My sign doesn't have the plug in in the sign, its just a wire into it, no quick disconnect, etc. Let me know how you did it. you can just pm me.

I have one of those that plugs directly into the sign also but it's from a dif. seller and not nearly as nice, the light color is a washed out blue and the 3 edges of the acrylic are not polished which looks bad. The seller I listed has the nice ones that I show in the picture.

3 weeks later
    #2840 9 years ago

Well I have a LAH in my collection. So there's one more for ya.

#2853 9 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Metallica arrived yesterday. It had a manufacture date of 6/23/14, so it's just a newborn.

10409138_10152077819722396_63246... 80 KB

Nice.

2 weeks later
    #2865 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Bumping the thread with a pic of my new 'pin.' Hey, when you find a basically new Zizzle a few streets from your parents on Craigslist for $50, why not.
    The 'glass' is off so I can shop it. Hopefully I can find some of the weird flipper rubbers or get these to stay on somehow, since one keeps flying off. It looks like they were glued at one point.

image.jpg 252 KB

It's so small I can't make out any detail. More pictures please.

#2868 9 years ago

One of the articles says the flippers are full size so does a regular rubber fit.

#2871 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

The first thing I tried was putting a regular rubber on it, but they are too thick and heavy to work. I was afraid I was going to break it trying to stretch it over since the others are more plastic and already molded oval.

image.jpg 80 KB

image-681.jpg 195 KB

WOW, I see the diff. Now where do ya find those?

#2875 9 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

The pinball room as of today. Was able to find a way to fit 4 in here after all.

And the Bates sign !

Picture 001.jpg 328 KB

Picture 002.jpg 78 KB

GREAT!! Now move the stop and walk/dont walk signs then move those 3 games over to the left and you'll have room for game # 5.

#2878 9 years ago
    Quoted from videorob:

I think my pin room is going to take a massive turn for........better or worse... I think more pins than i can fit.... but I will try to post a new pic.

That's what I said at 8 also.....now I'm up to 16.

#2882 9 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

If I had #5, how would I get #5's PF glass out with RFM directly its opposite D: ??

Turn it sideways enough to take the glass off. I have to do that for one of my games because there's a pole in the way.

#2893 9 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

Here are the first shots of our new game room.
    Still a lot left to do, but we were going for a showroom look and so far it's turning out great! Now we just need to move in the A pins.

IMG_20140719_101025.jpg 240 KB

IMG_20140719_101104.jpg 240 KB

How big a room is it?

1 week later
    #2899 9 years ago

Very nice space, I love the height of the room, makes it look bigger then it really is. My gameroom has bl carpet too.

IMGA0615.JPGIMGA0615.JPG
    #2901 9 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

Our last house had a huge finished basement which would have fit enough pins to push my retirement back several years.

Oh but think of the collection you could have had.

1 week later
    #2906 9 years ago
    Quoted from ullsokken:

I like the small space gameroom. And it's simple looking without too much stuff on the walls, I like it.
    The "Special when lit" sign is very cool.
    I love the crazy carpets you guys have. It's so arcade-ish, very cool!
    Mine... I just started the hobby by buying my first pin last year.
    Just got my second couple days ago.
    I realized after putting the second next to the first one in the livingroom.. I have to get a gameroom before having more pins at our house.

20140807_125704.jpg 223 KB

How big of a room do you have for a gameroom?

1 week later
    #2908 9 years ago

That looks like a VERY comfy room. But you need a few more pins.

#2910 9 years ago
    Quoted from nudgefree:

It's not really that he "needs" a few more pins but you, like I, have clearly identified his picture of the other part of the room (currently a home theater) as the "pre-pin takeover" photo and that including it is merely his subconscious way of indicating what his room "could" look like at some point in the future. See how easy it is for the mind to Photoshop in a bunch more machines opposite the current pin wall? If this were a poker analogy it would be a called "The Capacity Tell".
    - Air Quotes "off" -

love it.

2 weeks later
    #2914 9 years ago

When I was his age, I would have killed for this in my house. And don't think I don't drill that into his head when he says he'd rather play Angry Birds on his iPhone.

games.JPG 256 KB

Kids don't know how good they have it these days. He has his own IPhone. I don't even have an IPhone and really don't want one, trying to play a game on that tiny little screen, you've got to be kidding me.

#2915 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Taken tonight. 2 car garage conversion.

image.jpg 437 KB

Sweet. Wish I could do that with my 24x36, 10ft high ceiling garage but I live in Minnesota.

#2921 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

Please tell me that TZ topper spins?

Now that would make ya sick.....but it would be cool.

#2928 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Tiny 100-year-old house in Toronto means low basement ceilings and limited room for games. There's a Robotron behind TRON.

Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 11.36.... 1.8 MB

Yes but you have nice high ceilings in the rest of the house. Looks cozy.

#2938 9 years ago

You pulled off the "on the Enterprise" theme just about perfect, all your missing is some chrome trim and some more light control panels. Just my opinion of course. Love the look, especially the window looking out into space. What would really freak people out there is build a false wall there just thick enough for a 40in. tv then put the oval shape over it for the window look and have the stars moving like your traveling through space. Just my 2 cents. Great job.

#2942 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Thanks. I am looking for a few more panels. I have a few other set pieces to install (wall panels, plasma container, storage barrel) and may do some reproduction light panels. I had a line on a really unique engineering panel, but it was sold before I could get back with the owner. I also plan to put a large NX-01 logo on the curved wall.
    The "window" is an MDF panel inserted into a standard window well. The panel is designed so it can be removed to access a removable window to move pins up/down if needed.
    The stars are a ThinkGeek panel designed to go into a fluorescent light panel in a suspended ceiling. Right now, the sunlight does a great job of lighting it. If I can figure out power, I would love to put some fiber optic lighting behind it or even a small LCD monitor to run a video loop.
    More chrome sounds like a good idea, but not sure where to put it. Ideas from any NX-01 designers or Trek fans would be much appreciated.

Some great ideas you have there and your going to have more fun finishing it off. Keep us posted.

#2945 9 years ago

With that kind of theme I'd think you'd have all the Star Trek pins.

1 week later
    #2970 9 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Here's my new game room....they break ground tomorrow
    (trees have been cut down and the shed debris removed already)

garage1.jpg 651 KB

Start a topic so we can follow the build. What size?

#2987 9 years ago
    Quoted from dar8dar:

updated photo
    just got done tonight with the last of the powder coating

image-45.jpg 327 KB

Nice. I've never played any of the games you have.

#2994 9 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

1st shot of my new gameroom - eta 03/15
    Scott

IMG_3626.JPG 590 KB

You gonna go with in slab heating?

#3002 9 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

My game room is a bit crowded, but it does have something that most don't. See if you can pick it out...

image.jpg 370 KB

image-546.jpg 121 KB

You must have a dog......you have a water bowl mounted on the wall for him.

#3029 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

As I get older, the game room gets a little smaller. Now the Mini-cade.

DSCF5297.JPG 71 KB

DSCF5294.JPG 310 KB

DSCF5281.JPG 390 KB

DSCF5282.JPG 366 KB

DSCF5284.JPG 344 KB

DSCF5283.JPG 316 KB

DSCF5286.JPG 323 KB

DSCF5289.JPG 352 KB

WOW you sure do have alot of things to do down there. VERY nice.

#3047 9 years ago

You've got some really nice ones there. Where's #5? In your living

#3063 9 years ago
    Quoted from BenWoodring:

Currently converting our two car garage to be the game room. All of the various junk you see is waiting to be moved into the attic or shed. Then we need to figure out how we want to decorate and paint. I'm open to suggestions! Not pictured is an HP Touchsmart setup to be a touch screen jukebox, a pool table, and an air hockey table.
    I am interested in suggestions for decorating the walls. Have at it!

IMG_0066.JPG 327 KB

Start with a double or triple coat of primer on the walls and ceiling. Then I would go with a black ceiling. It makes the room look bigger. To make it look bigger yet paint the walls black also then whatever you hang on them look like they are floating not stuck on a wall.

#3064 9 years ago
    Quoted from noitbe1:

To littlecami
    Profit: you have the right to think what you want with what you see.
    I' m not asking with your Big Bang Bar and I'm just here to post pictures.
    My games, like yours I imagine, are not for sale anyway

Yeah littlecammi that remark about "flipping games for profit" was totally uncalled for. You don't know what he does with his games. It's none of you business.

#3067 9 years ago
    Quoted from MadPole:

I did put in a couple rows of white ceiling tiles to keep it from looking like a coal mine.

Didn't you know that that's what back lit used playfields are good for. I have black walls and ceiling with "Under the Sea" themed black light carpet with black light bulbs for light. I also put a 22in. black light floresents under each game. With just ceiling mounted black lights not very much of the light reaches under the games, now the games look like they are floating on the carpet it's lit up so good under them.

#3071 9 years ago
    Quoted from videorob:

I am truly taken a back with all these cool game rooms. While mine is OK just by having some pins, I have seen some true awesomeness here in this post and need to rethink my entire layout and possibly a new building to house what I really want to do.
    You guys rock and I admit to be very jealous of some of the rooms I have seen!!!
    My hat is off to you.

Yeah some are great aren't they. If your thinking of a new building I think a 10ft ceiling would be perfect.

#3073 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Finally at capacity and thought I'd post a couple pics...

IMG_5625.JPG 319 KB

IMG_5626.JPG 355 KB

VERY nice and I love your nice high ceiling. What's on the other side of the room?

#3078 9 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

As of 07 Oct 14, somehow I got 5 in here !!! Six will be...well... prolly not happening ._. .....

» YouTube video

Picture 001.jpg 278 KB

Get a smaller desk.

1 week later
    #3094 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

Finally got everything running 100%, and ready for the fall party season!

image-724.jpg 414 KB

image-497.jpg 271 KB

Lookin good.

#3108 9 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

I know, right? That's some serious cash right there!

I'd like to have that Batman.

#3111 9 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

Haven't posted a pic of the gameroom in a couple years. I'm hoping to knock down a wall and proceed to the next room this spring.

20141026_001959.jpg 272 KB

20141026_002340.jpg 223 KB

That wall on the left of the second picture would go away? How much more room would that make?

#3120 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

DSCN4002.JPG 134 KB

DSCN4007.JPG 207 KB

DSCN4009.JPG 185 KB

DSCN4014.JPG 156 KB

VERY nice. How big is the other room? Is it going to have the same look?

#3124 9 years ago

You sure have your work cut out for you. Happy building.

1 week later
    #3147 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

TWDLE added to the lineup

arcade-nov2014.jpg 212 KB

Looks like you have room for 2 more tops.

#3156 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

That wall can take 14. I've measured . There is a lot of space at the far end that is not clear from the panoramic shot.
    I'm sticking with the one "power wall" though, I won't be sticking them into every corner of the room. I host my pinball league with up to 40 players so I want room for people.

Smart.

#3157 9 years ago
    Quoted from ls1chris:

wow you guys have some amazing line up there!
    i am currently developing my basement to be like a lounge type area. it wont have all of my pins , only a few although i may take over one of the bedrooms until my shop is done mid next summer.
    here is a couple pics of it shaping up.
    pics are kinda fuzzy as the camera is focusing on the dust in the air.
    pic of the wine room im building also.

nov 14 069.JPG 233 KB

nov 14 073.JPG 211 KB

wine room.jpg 84 KB

DAMN....how big is that room??

#3158 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Waiting on The Predator, JM, The Hobbit and Aliens. Trying to find a Funhouse but haven't had any luck. Here's what I have right now, plus a pic from best buy one of my girls took of me.

83a2f691e184daf6d3c9ea645914ab5b... 24 KB

DSC01196.JPG 408 KB

DSC01194.JPG 335 KB

DSC01197.JPG 305 KB

ee9ea308765aff4b27838f0fd0f11516... 52 KB

f414d6f73aafd5cc3388cae84d03234d... 51 KB

DSC01198.JPG 201 KB

DSC01199.JPG 163 KB

Very nice. Nice and cozy.

#3167 9 years ago
    Quoted from Postmortem:

I took this not so great quality video of my apartment on Halloween. The only game missing from the video is pac-mania (it's in one of the bedrooms). One day maybe i'll be able to have my own game room. Until then it's borderline hoarding for me =) (the computers are not normally there. We were setting up for a diablo 3 lan party that night) watch in HD
    » YouTube video

That is one packed apartment. Yup you need a bigger place.

#3169 9 years ago

Fun room, where did ya get the statue.

#3179 9 years ago
    Quoted from vibby3:

Hey Guys- There was a Red Robin restaurant near me that had this statue in their entrance way. I had been eyeing it up for quite awhile and then I saw they were doing a remodeling of the restaurant. They intended to eliminate the statue as part of the project, so I made a donation to a Special Olympics fundraiser they were having and away I went with Miss Liberty in my SUV. You'll notice she is holding a hamburger rather than a torch. I had to cut the carpeting out from the floor to get her to stand up and fit under the ceiling. Thus the green"grass" fabric around her base. Vibby3

To cool, looks like it weighs a ton.

#3180 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Just updated my garages logo and wanted to share. So there. lol!

jareds garage arcade SM.jpg 144 KB

That's neat, does it light up.

#3181 9 years ago
    Quoted from conester:

Well I finally got the basement clean enough to take pictures. Just had our league over yesterday so I thought I'd take some pics of the layout. The bar is still a work in progress since we don't have the money right now to finish it....will have granite counters, tower kegerator and beverage cooler. Also will be adding 6 TV's next fall for football season......but this is what it looks like right now. Oh yeah and that's our dog Lexi...she loves being downstairs in the basement! Enjoy!

DSC_0004.jpg 112 KB

DSC_0006.JPG 278 KB

DSC_0008.JPG 245 KB

DSC_0009.JPG 240 KB

DSC_0010.JPG 314 KB

DSC_0011.JPG 292 KB

Very nice, looks like you could have 50 people down there.

#3183 9 years ago
    Quoted from pin-pimp:

Adding on again, 1400 sq feet upstairs, 30x24 10 foot walls with vault game room in the front in this photo. 4 foot stairwell inside, 4 foot staircase in back for outside enty. Escalara on standby!
    Existing 500 sq ft game room on first level, repair/tech area in the left bay of lower garage.
    Going to be pimp, hope to have it all done mid December. It gets dried in tomorrow.
    Wife is fighting me some about the new "family room" she thinks. Ha ha.

image-380.jpg 266 KB

I love it. Keep us posted with lots of pictures.

#3188 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

That's gonna pretty much cap me at 9. And I'm okay with that, more than that starts becoming hard to maintain.

That's what I said at 9 too.

#3191 9 years ago

Very nice room. I like the panoramic shot, shows the room well.

#3196 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

lol... no... its just digital for the facebook page and maybe eventual website.

OK, looks really good.

#3202 9 years ago
    Quoted from bobnatlanta:

My modest 150 sq ft. You can only see the corner of the CP from this shot, but there's a MAME in the corner in a Wms High Impact cabinet. I can squeeze in one more pin - search currently underway - and 2 pins if I get rid of the MAME cabinet, which is a decision I struggle with almost every day.

photo (3).JPG 284 KB

That looks really nice. Mine is bigger but I sure do wish I had your head room. Nothing makes a room look bigger then a tall ceiling. Well done.

#3209 9 years ago

That is one classy room you have the swampfire. Mine is just the opposite, dark with black light.

#3212 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Nice! A tiki-themed game room is my dream! Someday I'd like to add about 400 sq ft to my house, decorate it like this (see below), and fill it with pins.

Frankies-Tiki-Room.jpg 86 KB

frankies-tiki-room-las-vegas-021... 74 KB

tiki-bar-at-home.jpg 34 KB

tiki basement.jpg 51 KB

So cool 400sq ft is to small. 1000 yes.

#3224 9 years ago
    Quoted from frg:

Since I saw so much impressive stuff here, I would also like to add a few pics...
    Two of my lines... and I am not sure which one I like more!

490.jpg 273 KB

489.jpg 209 KB

488.jpg 254 KB

491.jpg 273 KB

Cool, one old and one new. Yeah that's a tough call.

#3225 9 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

A Tiki-themed game room needs to have a Gilligan's Island pin in the corner.

10-4 that and life size stand-ups of Ginger and Mary Ann.

#3227 9 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I updated the Bally room today.
    » YouTube video

You got Mousin Around? Do you have full bl carpet in the room?

#3232 9 years ago
    Quoted from BigT:

My game area... Need to start working on decorating the area. Also that is one heavy Witch!!

image.jpg 209 KB

You have a nice high ceiling so you can do a lot with the walls. With carpet sliders the games are easy to move. I have the Home Depot brand under all my games. 8 in a package for $9 and they are great.

#3234 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Are those the ones with the brown/beige plastic bottoms? I noticed the HD's in Canada carry these now, where they used to carry the actual Magic Sliders brand, which the brown bottom ones are clearly copies of. I bought some of these, but returned them, as they slid only about half as well as the Magic Sliders do. They still work, but the MS ones move like greased ice!

These are the ones, Everbilt Movealls model #83036N12. They just went down a buck too now only $7.98 for an 8 pack so that's $4 per game and with them being 4.75 inches in diameter the games are perfectly spaced too. Plastic is nice and thick and so is the rubber pad. I love these things. All the others are waaaaay to flimsy.

IMGA0389.JPGIMGA0389.JPG
    IMGA0390.JPGIMGA0390.JPG
    IMGA0391.JPGIMGA0391.JPG

#3236 9 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

No tiki bars in sac, so I should just open one here

A pin Tiki bar......now that's a good idea.

#3238 9 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Already have the name chosen.....I just need to finalize a business plan, secure financing to actually do it, then find a place in a ok location.

Oh you madman. That will be soooo cool. How many sq ft you thinkin about.....food too?

#3240 9 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Big as I can afford, which won't be much. Always have to have food, makes the liquor license cheaper

How much is your budget for decorations. It's ok not to tell.

#3267 9 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Here is the full view - the shop is about as big as the gameroom. Gameroom has 7 dedicated 20 amp circuits.

basement.jpg 59 KB

DAMN!!!! What no bar???

#3273 9 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Once was the library, when there was wife #1.
    Then it was the Hangar for Radio Controlled airplanes and turbine powered jets
    Now remarried its the game room.

aaa 002.jpg 59 KB

jets 009.jpg 108 KB

game room 005.JPG 57 KB

games 002.JPG 207 KB

games 001.JPG 193 KB

Talk about FUN!!!

#3278 9 years ago
    Quoted from fishmanrob:

image-922.jpg 265 KB

That's a good way to keep the dust and junk off the glass.

1 week later
    #3294 9 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Almost there! Carpet goes in tomorrow and then I can start setting up. Not nearly as impressive as some of these huge gamerooms but limited space and it's my world none the less. Wait till you see the final setup...final pictures coming soon.

image.jpg 184 KB

image-611.jpg 215 KB

image-125.jpg 179 KB

What you talkin bout? That looks like a good size room.

#3296 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

Right? Did he not see my tiny 10' x 14' closet?

Now that's gettin a bit cramped.

#3306 9 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

I wish I had room for more than 10 games. i'd like a few more newer sterns as well as some 50s woodrails.

Start puttin um in the bedroom.

#3312 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

my gameroom is open to all folks passing through Laramie, wy at the Hero Depot . I enjoy having people play them as much as I do.

P1020507.JPG 331 KB

I passed there many times on my way to the races on the Bonneville Salt Flats.

#3315 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

old I 80 paul? have you stopped by the arcade yet and met Ryan?
    Post edited by Ballsofsteel: misread previous post

It was before I got into pinball.

1 week later
    #3341 9 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Not really MY room, but they are my games! A work in progress at my parents house for the time being. In the meantime, my girlfriend and I are in an apartment trying to make ends meet so we can get a home and have a real game room! For now I feel lucky to have a room to visit when I see my parents on the weekend!

dracula 011.jpg 230 KB

That's really nice of your folks.

#3358 9 years ago
    Quoted from HighSpeed1:

Alrighty then, I think you should start a thread on this one!!!

I second that.

#3361 9 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I don't think he can dig himself in any deeper than he already is...

ohhh that's a bad one cammi.

#3367 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I'm sure everyone feels this way to one degree or another, but it feels a little weird showing these pictures of my gameroom because I feel like it's still a work in progress. ...but since I know in my heart of hearts it will never truly be finished, here's it's current itteration:

I'm also a comic artist, so I've got a few pieces framed around my walls, a couple of my own, but mostly from admired artists and friends.

It's been pretty inspiring looking through this thread. Glad to finally contribute to it.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

IMG_3200-396.JPG 126 KB

IMG_3213-305.JPG 152 KB

IMG_3220-30.JPG 134 KB

IMG_3198-227.JPG 148 KB

IMG_3218-678.JPG 122 KB

IMG_3224-941.JPG 134 KB

IMG_3225-972.JPG 156 KB

IMG_3226-201.JPG 147 KB

IMG_3228-165.JPG 150 KB

photo 1-521.JPG 127 KB

photo 5-253.JPG 114 KB

photo 3-127.JPG 156 KB

photo 4-951.JPG 140 KB

photo 2-571.JPG 129 KB

No ones room is ever truly "done", we're always doing something to them. We'll all have an idea in our head of what we want our dream room to look like.......with the approval of you know who of course.

#3382 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

.with the approval of you know who of course.

Nice to hear I'm not the only case. *LOL*

I was refering to you not me.....I'm single.

1 week later
    #3394 9 years ago
    Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

image-488.jpg 326 KB

image-93.jpg 203 KB

That's not a game room, that's a game Cathedral. Beautiful.

1 week later
    #3443 9 years ago

Ya never know what you'll find when you move into a house. I still have 3 SVHS VCR's and a few hundred tapes, some I made dating back to 1981.

#3446 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Yeah, I wonder what I will find when I start breaking walls down lol.

Hope for about 30 old movie marque posters. People used to use them for wall insulation.

#3462 9 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

my collection has grown so fast since getting into pinball that it has now overflowed into the living room as well

20150111_124053[1].jpg 319 KB

20150111_124206[1].jpg 355 KB

20150111_124128[1].jpg 309 KB

20150111_124115[1].jpg 402 KB

20150111_124140[1].jpg 426 KB

20150111_124257[1].jpg 245 KB

Time for a bigger house. Maybe one with a basement.

#3468 9 years ago
    Quoted from trimoto:

IMG_0938.JPG 409 KB

IMG_0936.JPG 334 KB

Nice. I wish I had that much height for toppers and stuff. Paint the walls and ceiling flat black and start adding neon's and stuff.

#3478 9 years ago
    Quoted from TrevixClemson:

My game room started off as a bedroom with a small walk-in closet. And a sledge hammer...

Then I removed and rebuilt the rear wall for another small chunk of space. I didn't want to dip into my pinball fund so I reused to old wood where I could.

The interior wall was loadbearing to I used Hurricane clips to attach new ceiling joist runs to a new beam I put in and bolted them to the rafters.

After a bit of sheetrock, paint and time here is the (almost) complete result:

Now I just have to figure out how to get this beast upstairs and set it next to POTO...

IMG_20141130_090838_524.jpg 124 KB

IMG_20141112_190440_107.jpg 131 KB

IMG_20141122_182215_470.jpg 243 KB

IMG_20150110_170601_213.jpg 194 KB

IMG_20141224_154634_939.jpg 224 KB

IMG_20150110_165125_959.jpg 102 KB

Dang that's a lot of work but you did it yourself and saved a lot of money. Looks like only room for 3 games but it's a nice movie room too with a BIG screen. Well done.

#3481 9 years ago
    Quoted from TrevixClemson:

Thanks! Now if only I could work on the damn pins as efficiently...

Boy I hear ya there.

#3483 9 years ago
    Quoted from daveispinball:

I feel compelled to share my gameroom. I can only dream about having more space... problem is I love all my games so I don't want to swap any out!

download (2).jpg 25 KB

download (3).jpg 24 KB

download (8).jpg 23 KB

download (6)-845.jpg 20 KB

Very classy. I was in Frederic back in '07 an made a video program of the 8th Annual Frederic Celtic Festival. My good buddy Joe is head of the Scottish clan. It's a 3 dvd set, I had 4 camera crews and we covered everything. The big bagpipe band really is some great video and the Scottish games are really something to see. The video sold rather well.

IMGA0636.JPGIMGA0636.JPG IMGA0635.JPGIMGA0635.JPG
    #3486 9 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

DSC00413.JPG 447 KB

DSC00412.JPG 470 KB

Nice row, they look mint. Now where are the other 44.

#3493 9 years ago
    Quoted from daveispinball:

Well how small a world could that be? The Atlas is really my Dad's. Some of the plastic has started to burn through so a while ago I went on search of parts and machines and couldn't find that anyone at all had one of these or one in a 'graveyard' to get parts from! Three in DC Metro is crazy!

Sounds like you guys should get together and have plastic sets made. Split 3 ways it might not be to bad.

2 weeks later
    #3528 9 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I bought my house thinking this tiny room was going to be enough for however many pinballs I'd own. I currently have 3 sitting in my kitchen waiting for me to refinish my garage, but I'm happy that more than a year later this room is finally full of 6 nice games. No games on fire, no parts scattered on the floor, not 8 games crammed in here as storage, I can finally just play in here!
    I'm pretty jealous of the states with basements. Not really an option around here.

2015-02-01 22.56.12.jpg 241 KB

Nice, how big is the garage?

#3529 9 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

0108152128a.jpg 161 KB

You've got some top games there.

#3531 9 years ago

Carpeting and AC in a garage....gotta love it.

#3540 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jnewton:

I'll post mine I guess. Everyone has such nice game rooms, it really is awesome to see. On the arcade side I have since added a Virtua Cop, but these are pretty much up to date...

IMG_1307.JPG 255 KB

photo 2.JPG 133 KB

IMG_1838.JPG 251 KB

You have a GREAT space, I wish mine was that big.

#3543 9 years ago

Yup you have a great space there. I'd say you have room for about 15, but ya know those pictures and wall hangings are gonna have to go so that's gonna be tough. You have 2 so that's a start.

1 week later
    #3599 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

You guys/gals have some really great game rooms. Sadly, mine is a partially finished basement with only one machine and a tiny little plasma hung on the wall. But.....my wife and I are looking for a bigger house and my requirements are a big a$$ finished basement and a garage that can hold two cars and two motorcycles. She gets to pick the rest of the house.
    I want more machines, but she won't let me buy anymore until after we move.

All good things come to he who waits.....or something like that. Hope ya find your house soon.

#3612 9 years ago
    Quoted from SilentGloves:

Hey Gang,
    I mostly lurk around these parts. I only have 1 pin, a Rollergames that I picked up last year, but you've gotta start somewhere, right?
    Anyway... I host an annual Halloween Party. Each year I try to outdo the previous year's "show." The most recent party featured 5 DJs and several contests with prizes. My sound and lighting system is growing to be quite impressive. Just thought I'd share this video as it shows what will one day be my game room.
    » YouTube video

Nice vid, looks like fun and you have LOTS! of room for pins.

#3614 9 years ago
    Quoted from SilentGloves:

Yep. With the current design for the finish, including a bar, theater/dancefloor and generous seating area I can comfortably fit about 20 pins, which is way is more pins than I can afford to actually buy.

Oh you dowg you. Most of us would KILL for that much room. Your gonna have fun for years to come. Enjoy the trip.

#3631 9 years ago

Hello from Minneapolis! I should have had The Game Show turned on too. My son in his pajamas trying to sneak in one more game before bedtime.

6e83645119ab800a15bfd1239c40089a... 32 KB

Looks like a VERY nice gameroom. I hope you let him get away with it.

#3643 9 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Took the first step to building my game room this weekend. I'm starting with a 2900 sq. ft. basement, 9 ft. ceilings and a mountain view on one end. This weekend, I got serious and started painting the ceiling with "Black Magic" paint, made an incredible mess, but it all swept up nicely. Here are the results of the first 16 gallons of paint (ran out, need about 8 more gallons). Need to add a bath room, two bedrooms and a bar.

img01-1600.jpg 195 KB

img03-1600.jpg 166 KB

img09-1600.jpg 186 KB

img11-1600.jpg 185 KB

img04-1600.jpg 169 KB

I don't mean to be picky, my ceiling is open and painted black also and I love the look but you really should put a second coat on it especially if you sprayed it, the paint really soaks in. And for the duct work that has to has to have a special primer coat on it for the paint to stick or it will be falling off in sheets because of the galvinized metal expanding and contracting. I hope your gonna go with uv carpet and lights. I'll follow your progress so keep up the great work.

#3646 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Does anyone have any rough figures for "sq ft./pin" (for narrow bodies)
    For example: 2.6 ft * 8 ft = ~21 sq ft? (to allow for minimal walking distance behind the player)
    A guy with 2900 sq. ft "could" hold...
    138 pins.
    (But that wouldn't account for a workshop area...)
    So maybe 135 pins...
    =)
    -mof

and subtract for a couple of bedrooms, bathroom, storage closets, laundry room, bar, seating area with tv. I'm thinking around 50-60 pins. ONLY 50-60.

#3649 9 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I didn't realize how many painted parts I missed until I took pictures! Trying to paint with lights at night didn't really work well...I'll be touching up during daylight hours...
    The paint has its own primer so it is supposed to stick to ductwork well. Time will tell. And the floor, it's a toss-up between polished concrete and stained/sealed surface. In the center of the room, I'll be putting my 1958 Gandy pool table, then the perimeter will be lined with slots, arcade games and pins. I plan to surround the posts with a boxed-in structure with 3 or 4 slot machines on each post and should still have enough room for the pool table and perimeter space.
    If I end up polishing the floor, it'll be done next. Otherwise, all the construction will go first and the stained floor will go on afterwards. Polishing is a tougher surface but cost is about 50% more than staining.

I see, well with a concrete floor and a bare ceiling it's gonna get real noisy down there with all the reflective surfaces not to mention cold on the feet too unless you have slab heating.

#3655 9 years ago

I think one of these would go nicely down there.

IMGA0406.JPGIMGA0406.JPG
    #3667 9 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I was originally in Chicago and came across a storage unit full of old 80's slot machines - 45 of them. Most are Jennings 400 series and about 20 of them are Bally E2000 series machines. The price was right, and it was "all or nothing at all" so I went for all of them. Went thru most of them and they work beautifully.
    So.
    That big room will definitely have a "casino" flavor to it, plus my 1958 Gandy pool table and several arcade machines including a sit-down Cruis'n USA. I got a feeling it'll fill up pretty quickly.
    My wife tells me I'm sick.

slotroom1.jpg 286 KB

slotroom2.jpg 184 KB

slotroom3.jpg 162 KB

Your not sick....your just enjoying life and having fun and lots of people will be able to share in the fun when your done....which you'll never be of course.

1,253 posts in this topic match your search for posts by MustangPaul. You are on page 1 of 6.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=MustangPaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.