Topic Stats

• 23,855 posts
  • 2,345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by phillyfan64
  • Topic is favorited by 1,121 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6198 (resized).jpeg
    bikes1 (resized).jpg
    adcc8631-0ad1-436f-bac6-b92e38c5e4b1 (resized).jpg
    cde76292-235b-4aeb-93ad-e03a4f86cf0e (resized).jpg
    396724a8-c984-4b78-823c-5182cb817327 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205403289 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205413200 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205452551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205433432 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205443930 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205502934 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205514994 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205521414 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205546968 (resized).jpg
    20240421_204123 (resized).jpg
    20240421_210141 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8325 7 years ago

Just rearranged our room. That pool table has paid for itself by taking up pin space. I plan on building a small bar where the kids train table is now.

IMG_2172 (resized).JPGIMG_2172 (resized).JPG

7 months later
    #9556 6 years ago

Jealousy consumes me in this thread. Love all the game rooms here!!!

1 month later
    #9865 6 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

I wish I had more ceiling height. No toppers!

I feel so sorry for you . Awesome room has everything I would want.

1 year later
    #12341 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Don’t know if this thread is for in home game rooms or just pics of “your” game room. Here is one of my games rooms that are on route. If this doesn’t count I won’t post any of my routes and apologies in advance.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hell yes keep posting, that location looks amazing.

#12358 5 years ago
    Quoted from TorontoR:

ya man, thats exactly where it will go, i've ordered but delivery hasn't come in yet. Hindsight being 20/20, I'll take the pics down and repost when they come in! Can't wait.

Very nice looking room. No need to take them down, just post a couple more when you get your pin(s) in.

#12380 5 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

That's awesome! I barely knew what I was doing myself (had only just gotten my first pin!) when my own were that little, but I've tried to get them involved since and as you say: there's nothing more rewarding than when they take it up. Four of my games are running power supplies and fuse boards that my girls have soldered and rebuilt. The elder girl has helped disassemble and shop others out, even tagging along when I make house calls for locals. The best was when they dove into our Bad Cats and repainted and decaled the playfield...
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Thankfully they've both continued to express interest in projects, like my El Dorado and Time Fantasy, both suggesting ideas and wanting to get involved in the recovery. It's tough sometimes though: I let them be their own selves and they are very busy in that regard, so sometimes I just have to make progress on my own... but I save what I can for them.
    I think project pins are really an overlooked aspect of learning for kids. There is so much involved with them: mechanics, electronics, logic, carpentry, arts and crafts... all of those are valuable skills for kids to learn, and the reward for doing so is a valuable game that is unique and fun to play. Granted some of those are difficult for adults to learn too but there too I hope they've learned: in taking both a Sys6 and Sys11 MPU from acid-eaten trash to functioning boards, they've seen me doggedly pursue and decode MPU troubleshooting from not understandning it at all, to finally getting them working, to then being able to use that knowledge for better diagnosis and repair in the future. The lesson there is reward for hard work and persistence in the face of failure, which is probably the hardest lesson of all to teach, let alone understand.
    Woops, sorry for the hijack.... I don't open my mouth that often, but tend to ramble when I do.

That is awesome!! To think I was happy when by boys wanted to help me clean and wax the playfields the other day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=Monk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.