Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Max_Badazz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#681 11 years ago

Here's some semi-recent pics of my gameroom (which I can't upload to my profile for some reason...its erroring)

And yes, thats a 36' long real bowling alley

Chris (in NH)

DSC05657.JPGDSC05657.JPG DSC05371.JPGDSC05371.JPG DSC05338.JPGDSC05338.JPG

#687 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

Candlestick bowling... and it looks like manual pin setting via pull cord?

Yes, I tried to get an auto setter, but I was about 18" too low on the ceiling. Resorted to a string setter (pully system makes it easy) and an automatic ball return (gravity fed)

Chris (in NH)

2 months later
    #849 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Thanks it has taken me YEARS of pin trading and cash e.t.c. to get the collection I have now.

Poor potc is topper less

2 months later
    #1000 11 years ago
    Quoted from Hana9so:

My garage/gameroom

That Super Puzzle Fighter makes it an A+ room

4 months later
    #1217 11 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Apologies for the crappy pic, but here it is!

Any pic that blurs out Stallone's face on DM is a good pic

8 months later
    #1985 10 years ago

Latest lineup as of this past weekend Now if I can get something finalized with the Nucore SWEP1 + RFM playfield, it will change again (would like to replace it with ACDC)

20131202_233352.jpg20131202_233352.jpg 20131202_233241.jpg20131202_233241.jpg 20131202_233327.jpg20131202_233327.jpg arcade4.jpgarcade4.jpg arcade5-933.jpgarcade5-933.jpg
    #1987 10 years ago

I wanted a ball bowler, but they won't fit through the bulkhead.....so I decided to build a real bowling alley....40 ft total, 30 ft from foul line to head pin...so its half length. Ball return and a cable pin setter. Real Brunswick alley and I use candlepins since I am in northern New England

#1990 10 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Here's mine...although it's less of a game room and more of a study with a game in it...Haha

That's a damn good game to have in a study

4 months later
    #2449 10 years ago

Here's a disaster picture of my gameroom from this past week......had some water issues this winter and I found out why (never had a drop before). You can see RCT on the right (2nd pic) and the Rush 2049's in the background (also 2nd pic). Thats the bowling alley with all the stuff on it

wall_rot2.jpgwall_rot2.jpg
    wall_rot3.jpgwall_rot3.jpg

5 months later
    #2960 9 years ago

Here's my new game room....they break ground tomorrow
    (trees have been cut down and the shed debris removed already)

garage1.jpggarage1.jpg
    #2972 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Start a topic so we can follow the build. What size?

Once they get a few things going, I'll start its own update thread.....its going to be 28' x 36' with a 1/2 bath, small wet bar/kitchenette - both in the front corner, then the rest all open space (stairs go up and down in the 'also being built' mudroom so they don't take up space up there). 15' cathedral ceilings, 8' walls so there's no height issues. Having a ton of power up there so none of the old Bally/Williams games reset with voltage drops. I've attached a sneak peek of my planned layout (for now). We added extra width so it could accommodate the bowling alley

GR_layout_Take11Clabel.pngGR_layout_Take11Clabel.png

#2976 9 years ago
    Quoted from MadPole:

Hokey Smokes.
    That's going to be sweet.

Thanks....been waiting a long time. I wish it had the look of yours though......the blacklights make a room so much more arcade-like and it looks cool. Budget kept me from doing any of that

1 week later
    #3052 9 years ago
    Quoted from noitbe1:

This collection looks poor comparing with others but i don't have a lot of room at home

Quality, not quantity..... a room filled with a LW3's, XFiles, Raven, Waterworld, SMB mini, Hurricane, Teed Off, Barb Wire, SWT, SWEp1, HRC, APowers, and RCT is way < than a room with your four machines

#3055 9 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

You lose the privilege to have such a stance with an IJ4 and Gilligan's Island around.

I never said my collection was top notch ....and I love GI

#3058 9 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

I like GI too....and I like Barb Wire. You got a lot of dogs in that list for sure, but if it were me I would take Barb Wire out and put in Rescue 911.

I like both of those games (especially 911)..... XFiles, not so much

1 month later
    #3260 9 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Getting there slow but sure - snow today will slow them down

I see room for an island of pins or a nice pool table in that Top Secret plan

1 month later
    #3425 9 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

this is what i did today.
    took the brick wall panels out of the sun room (no more spa) and made a little corner for my restored playboy in my gameroom... i think it fits well with the theme.
    here's a before and after.

Looks great...love the brick!

3 weeks later
    #3509 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stal8080:

Linked Rush the Rock Racer games w/ upgraded with LCD monitors

Was there any kit you needed to use or an adapter? One of my monitors is starting to go on my Rush's and would eventually like to replace with LCD

2 weeks later
    #3548 9 years ago

Finally got the bowling alley completed in the game room (and of course I forgot to turn on all the lights for the pictures)

bowling1.jpgbowling1.jpg bowling2.jpgbowling2.jpg
    1 month later
    #3871 9 years ago
    Quoted from surfinvet:

Hi Everyone!
    Newer to the hobby compared to most if you on here but have it bad for pinball!
    Great pics of all the gamerooms! I noticed several of you on this post are in Southern California. I've been looking for people to maybe have a league night or possibly join a group. If you can help me scratch that itch without buying more pins I'd be very grateful as I've run out of room!

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

love your wall art

1 month later
    #4089 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

We came to the agreement that I get entire reign over the basement and she can have the rest of the house

I took that deal when we bought our house 11 yrs ago ..... up until this past fall (when the new game room was built), it was not a good deal for me. The basement was crowded, dark and dingy and getting games in and out was a chore.

1 month later
    #4445 8 years ago
    Quoted from philwojo:

Man I wish I knew what the secret was to having 10+ machines and most of them being new stuff!!

Get a second job...... I worked Friday night and weekends at a restaurant (software engineer on the weekdays) for over a year and used that extra money to pay off loans and buy pinball machines. Then I used stock options from my full time job to get even more games. Then I used 50% of my bonuses to get games (the other half went to payoff student loans and such). End result is I only have a med sized mortgage, no credit card debit, no student loans, and a room full of games. Kind of a balance between being responsible and still having some extra fun

Of course adding my game room house expansion put a kabosh on getting even more games and paying off the rest of the house (though I didn't take out a loan to build it)

6 months later
    #5662 8 years ago

My one year anniversary of the game room picture

overall_shot_(resized).jpgoverall_shot_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #5751 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Get some new side art on that tron!!!!

I have it.....I just need to apply it

#5752 8 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Wow. It's been a year already. Did you get the bowling lane set up?

You mean this one

hockey_(resized).jpghockey_(resized).jpg

20151210_200850_(resized).jpg20151210_200850_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #5869 8 years ago
    Quoted from Archytas:

I do try to make up for it with quality over quantity:

I love those red speaker lights in T2 ..... nice trio of games

8 months later
    #7385 7 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Here is my small space. Working on DH for a friend, then i'll have room for another game.

Everything about your game room is awesome ...including the vids!

4 months later
    #8183 7 years ago

It's been a while since I posted pics..... done some game changes (and took out the bowling alley)...more room now. Snuck in a pic of the Vanilla Ice bathroom and the Billy Dee Williams mini-kitchen

ice2 (resized).jpgice2 (resized).jpg
    front_corner (resized).jpgfront_corner (resized).jpg
    pan_left (resized).jpgpan_left (resized).jpg
    pan_right (resized).jpgpan_right (resized).jpg
    right_side (resized).jpgright_side (resized).jpg
    row1 (resized).jpgrow1 (resized).jpg
    row2 (resized).jpgrow2 (resized).jpg
    row3 (resized).jpgrow3 (resized).jpg
    tron_section (resized).jpgtron_section (resized).jpg
    billyD_kitchen (resized).jpgbillyD_kitchen (resized).jpg

ice1 (resized).jpgice1 (resized).jpg

#8188 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looking good. Hows the new gr and garage holding up, this is it's first winter isn't it?

Third winter..... with the mudroom between the house and the garage/game room, its much warmer overall (nice buffer). Everything is holding up nicely though the carpet has a few wrinkles in it from moving games. Heating has not been crazy expensive either. Most of the time, my kids are up there watching dumb Disney shows or playing Wii U

#8190 7 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

What's with all the Vanilla Ice?
    Cool looking Battlezone chasis mounted on the wall.

I did it because its dumb .... I wanted a theme in the bathroom that wasn't arcade related.... Vanilla Ice made sense so I picked up a bunch of crap off ebay. I did see him in concert last December at a I Love the 90's show. Even the hand soap is vanilla scent.

#8202 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

A Vanilla Ice bathroom...
    Thats so F'n dope & weird

A couple more pics...including the classic Vanilla Ice Rap Game! My wife thinks I'm nuts...and I kind of agree

Vice4 (resized).jpgVice4 (resized).jpg

Vice5 (resized).jpgVice5 (resized).jpg

5 months later
    #8955 6 years ago

Rearranged the game room. With the bowling alley gone, I moved the island of pins to the side wall. It now is more of an open feel and better for parties, game nights, and tournaments ...and yes that's the Red Sox at the Yankees on all of the tv's (no football on when I took the picture)

wrap360 (resized).jpgwrap360 (resized).jpg

10 months later
    #10947 5 years ago

Something new in the game room

IJgameroom (resized).jpgIJgameroom (resized).jpg
    #10949 5 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Great game, but you need to slide that in the middle of a row to try to hide the cabinet fade.

I need to shop it out before sliding it in..... there's an empty space behind it out of view (between Avatar and Jackbot)

2 months later
    #11423 5 years ago

Changing the landscape of the game room ....it arrived last Saturday morning
    20180825_094246 (resized).jpg20180825_094246 (resized).jpg

#11434 5 years ago
    Quoted from chalkup8:

Nice one Max,you've certainly enjoyed the hobby for a long time.Your screen name is one of the first I remember from the rgp days when i lurked there.
    I noticed you've let some games go that you'd like to have back. For me,I'd like a nice Harlem globe trotters back.

I am 19 yrs and counting for pinball ....... started after college. I do miss the old RGP days and the craziness that came with it. I dumped Addams years ago to pick up an ACDC Luci, but I'd love to get a decent one back again. Was ready to pull the trigger but my old Indiana Jones fell into my lap (it was the first game I bought back in 1999 ...the same exact machine). Couldn't pass that up, so again I wait for an Addams

8 months later
    #13226 4 years ago

latest pics from last night .... I think this lineup will be good for a while

side_row (resized).jpgside_row (resized).jpgback_row (resized).jpgback_row (resized).jpg
    #13259 4 years ago

My game room will be on the news tonight at 7pm WMUR ABC 9 (posted online after). Not sure how much coverage I will get in the segment but they were there for over 2.5hrs.

WMUR_arcade (resized).jpgWMUR_arcade (resized).jpg
    #13266 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Just checked the website..I couldn’t find a link to play the story. Looks like just a photo and teaser paragraph

It's not up yet .... looks like it takes a day for them to upload it. I got a couple minutes showing the game room and me looking like a fool with his toys LOL. Too bad BK3 wasn't out when they filmed back in early March. My Vanilla Ice themed bathroom got on the segment

#13267 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

He is entering his initials for grand champion high score after he just had the game of his life.

I can't even come close to my high score ... was a complete fluke game that I had. I think I am entering my initials in that picture, but you'll see me playing when the video gets published online.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Max_Badazz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=Max_Badazz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.