Topic Stats

• 23,721 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by toaster777
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg
    20240324_164009 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163842 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163742 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163730 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163712 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163705 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Irishbastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5223 8 years ago

I agree, leave this thread ALONE! I enjoy the pics as much as the comments and discussion. Everybody's setups look badass, keep up the good work!

2 months later
    #5704 8 years ago

That is a cool room, nice job!

2 years later
    #11025 5 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

Any issues with raising play field all the way up?
    Looks good to me. Pins and low ceilings > low ceilings and no pins

My basement ceiling is 78". When I set a pin up I have to put it on my HF lift, jack it up (crawl under it) and remove the rear legs. Then lower it and raise the head, jack it back up (head between floor joists) and reinstall the legs and lower into place. Obviously, toppers won't work. One or two pins have a pipe approx 1" from top of head.

With mine, I have to tie a rope to the pf and the ceiling to hold it up high enough to work under it.

#11069 5 years ago

Dusted mine off yesterday, nice to see them played...
    20180707_221706.jpg20180707_221706.jpg

20180707_221703.jpg20180707_221703.jpg
    5 months later
    #12165 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolffcub:

The signs reflect my other Hobby plenty more around the room you just can see. Got to have something to do in summer also. Looking for some pinball related neon to add to the room soon.
    [quoted image]

Beautiful Chevy, jealous!

3 weeks later
    #12350 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chynnalou:

P's Mancave
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool!

2 weeks later
    #12493 5 years ago
    Quoted from vader1979:

Heres mine. 7 years in the making! Only 2 pins now, but have 11 arcade cabs..
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Badass.....I have a similar Warning sticker on my beer fridge, where did you find the large version?

20190128_200943.jpg20190128_200943.jpg
    #12497 5 years ago
    Quoted from New_England:

Nice Heady Topper sticker! Where did you snag that?

Buddy sent it to me with my first 4pk of Heady, unknown amount of cans later, she's still the OG of NEIPA's...

#12500 5 years ago
    Quoted from New_England:

If you ever want a care package of Heady Topper, or any great Vermont alcohol, shoot me a PM! Here’s my current VT liquor selection at home. [quoted image]

Thank you sir! Nice collection!

1 month later
    #12786 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

It wouldn’t be hard to make a game name light like that. There’s a lot of mini led spotlights on AliExpress that could be used for under cabinet lights. Here’s a 12v led spotlight for less then $5, your just need to print a tiny image and put it on the end of the lens. I bet with a little searching I could find something that would work perfectly
    Look what I found on AliExpress
    http://s.aliexpress.com/NrQjeM7f[quoted image]

These are $1 at Lowe's

2019-03-02 12.23.23.jpg2019-03-02 12.23.23.jpg
    #12795 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

and they last about a month before the image is gone. I have one.

Well post more pictures then. You can post more then one ya know.

You must have bought a dud. I just swapped out the Frozen version for the Wonder Woman. The Frozen one has been in my daughter's room for a few years, zero issues, used every night.

2019-03-03 09.05.53.jpg2019-03-03 09.05.53.jpg
    1 month later
    #13013 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

While we are at it, I am manually turning off all power strips for my games, what is the best remote system to do so? I bought one a few year back and it failed over time. I would assume there are better options available now?

These have been on sale twice in the last week (B&H and Amazon) for $54 if you want that option.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1433487-REG/tp_link_hs300_smart_wi_fi_power.html

I wired three circuits just for my games.

#13017 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Can you have multiple units in a house? How does that work with the WiFi connection? I have lots of rooms with different games.
    Thanks

Yes, they are basically like any wifi connected switch or outlet. You can have one, or a hundred, doesn't matter. I grabbed two of their wifi switches for my front door and post lights, set them to turn on at sunset and off at sunrise. Was sick of asking the wife to turn the lights off when she left for work. You can also control them with an app.

1 month later
    #13181 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I found a few selling/sold in the $1500 - $2500 range with not much research. There's only 107 total made so rare enough.

Aren't the cheap ones repros? I've seen some with repro Hi Top slots in them....

#13195 4 years ago
    Quoted from OTRChief:

One of the manufacturers that has not been mentioned is Richard DeLong. He passed away last year but produced carvings for 30+ years.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I want one..

1 year later
    #15140 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Where are you getting these for $75 ? I paid $150 for Galaga/Galaxian + $40 for the riser. I know when they first came out Walmart I think did have them that cheap but I've never seen it. I think you get more than the bucks you pay for one but I also can see the purist wanting the originals, I mean like a pin who wouldn't. Space is the biggest factor for me combined with being a cheapass they work well for me.

Many were marked down to $75 a while back, and then $50 a few weeks ago. (Some areas even had Star Wars for $50 recently)

2 months later
    #15480 3 years ago

I have this Coin-op Breathalyzer. It works pretty good, found it NOS cheap on eBay a while back. Have had a few of the larger talking ones, they never worked right, always required Calibration, and the sensors failed often. Funny thing is, this one came from a seller in Florida, but has Rhode Island legal limit info on the front (I'm in RI).

20200714_090308.jpg20200714_090308.jpg
    #15483 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Do you mind me asking what you paid for it? I like the one above that referenced but not looking to spend 1k. Thanks

Well, searching through my old eBay emails, I see I bought one for .99 cents and another for $79. I'm going to assume it's the $79 one. Was brand new in the box when I got it.

#15485 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

A guy whose handle is Irishbastard has a breathalyzer! Classic!
    I have an Irish joke for you:
    "An Irishman walks out of the bar..."
    Lolololol.

Yea, booze was my friend lol. Currently Dry since March 8th though, so I won't be using that Breathalyzer any time soon hopefully.

#15487 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I am of Irish descent, and I certainly like to imbibe in a few drinks...but an unpleasant doctor visit has led to me doing VERY little here lately. I have had fewer drinks in the last 10 months combined than I used to enjoy in a single evening. Seriously.

Same here, great grandparents came off the boat. Yup, my "don't drink for a week prior to blood work" scheme didn't do it's job this past spring lol.

#15488 3 years ago

Speaking of drinking, anyone else have a "Car Bar" in their collection?

20200714_130047.jpg20200714_130047.jpg
    2 weeks later
    #15612 3 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Medieval Themed Cup Holder detail images:
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work, I printed these, work perfectly, but not as cool looking as yours.

20200730_195918.jpg20200730_195918.jpg
    #15616 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

Gorgar, my #1 Pin....Nice.

Couldn't tell Definitely a keeper, doubt I will ever sell it. Saved from an old OP's basement, legs had rotted so bad they lost 6". Was in standing water with a two foot pile of clothes on top. I pointed it out and he didn't even realize it was even there. Believe I got it for $125. New legs, shop job and boards sent out. Playing great ever since (Except for a small driver board fire lol)

#15652 3 years ago

Pitter..Patter

#15656 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

If you don't love woodrails I don't cares to know ya

I was watching a local United "Manhattan" on eBay, pretty roached out. Ended a little while ago, starting bid was $9.99, didn't sell. (Really roached)

#15712 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Please help me understand, why the pin shields?
    Dust is easy to clean off, uv light isn’t getting to them to fade them, setting stuff on the glass is usually a faux pax anyway. Just curious why

Maybe because no matter how many times you clean the glass after...um... Giggity Giggity, you can still see butt cheeks on the glass.... Um, so I've heard.. Giggity

2 years later
    #20826 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Regarding shooter arcade games, back in 2003, I designed a circuit and submitted it to the "GameRoom" magazine that turned your optical gun into a semi-automatic. It'd plug into the 4 wire optical port on the JAMMA board and eliminate the RELOAD command when playing Lethal Enforcers and LE-II machines. Made it work with less wrist action and much less tiring to play. Instead of having to move the barrel off-screen and pull the trigger to reload every six shots, you'd just hold the trigger in - it'd fire off four shots, automatically reload, then repeat over and over. Good old days...
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Wow, I didn't even know that was possible, great work! Going to try this to mine.

1 month later
    #21117 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Question for the slot machine owners. What do you use for stands? I'm picking up a Bally quarter slot this weekend with no stand and open to ideas. More unique the better. Have a couple beer/whiskey barrels I'm considering. Will have to be cut open and reinforced though to support weight

I saw these mentioned in a slot group, grabbed one for one of my slots, works well. https://www.lowes.com/pd/EASTMAN-50-Gallon-Universal-21-in-Steel-Water-Heater-Stand/5001255369

Small oak book shelf/end tables work well too. If you have multiple slots, a piece of countertop on cinder blocks works well. Whiskey barrels look good with an antique mechanical slot on top.

#21175 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skatewake:

New life games in Arizona or Craigs list

While I always support NLG, and have been there personally, shipping is mind blowing these days, watch CL, FB marketplace, Offerup etc to find a slot locally.

#21210 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Couple new additions to the game room!
    Revamped the Pintastic logo, print, cnc’d and mounted mid-stairwell.
    [quoted image]
    Joined the show us your door club with a custom build. Was hoping the lights of the games would glow through, but it turned out a bit too frosted.
    [quoted image]
    Framed flyer posters with a couple details. Got a blank one on the end where the old lady immediately asked ‘well what, you settin’ yourself up for another pin?’ Seed planted
    [quoted image]

Cool! Is it sad that I thought it said "Butt hole" , not one but twice?

7 months later
    #22485 8 months ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

I still don’t know what a nest is, even after he identified it. Is it a fancy thermostat?

Yes, smart thermostat (Currently $14 if bought through my extortion company, I mean electric company). I have Ecobee thermostats in my house, with their remote sensors. Lifesaver as my daughter's room was always an icebox in the winter, the sensor in her room equals out the temp on that zone.

5 months later
    #23406 83 days ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

What is the best refrigerator to have in a game room? I’ve seen branded mini fridges in this thread, which are eye appealing. Just curious if there are any more out there to show off

20240104_192923.jpg20240104_192923.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Irishbastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=Irishbastard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.