Topic Stats

• 23,721 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by toaster777
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg
    20240324_164009 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163842 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163742 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163730 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163712 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163705 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HarrieD.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11898 5 years ago

My humble gameroom up the attic. 6 pins in the row, 2 additional pins are located at a friend's house.

HGR1 (resized).jpgHGR1 (resized).jpgHGR2 (resized).jpgHGR2 (resized).jpg

Twilight Zone has been fully rebuilt, Funhouse as well. POTC is a HUO. Whirlwind and BOP are next to be fully restored, Space Station is the newest family member. I will have to decide what I will do with that one, for now I like it a lot though it's waiting for leds to be installed on the playfield.

#11900 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

harried , how’s the PF on Space Station?

It's in decent shape. Protected by mylar but some inserts came up for like 2/10 of a millimeter pushing the mylar up there. Also 3 inserts on the right side are blank because they are not protected by mylar anymore.

So plan of action: remove mylar (freeze method), stick new insert decals where necessary, airbrush and clearcoat.

1 month later
    #12092 5 years ago

New thingies on the wall.

05B956CC-DEE0-40C7-8B51-01414BEF58D8 (resized).jpeg05B956CC-DEE0-40C7-8B51-01414BEF58D8 (resized).jpeg42FD2604-FB31-4BFB-83FF-EC0DC81FD4D4 (resized).jpeg42FD2604-FB31-4BFB-83FF-EC0DC81FD4D4 (resized).jpeg49767253-8D61-4E6A-8315-2EE469AEC594 (resized).jpeg49767253-8D61-4E6A-8315-2EE469AEC594 (resized).jpeg57A75655-2184-4738-91D8-4CEBE876145A (resized).jpeg57A75655-2184-4738-91D8-4CEBE876145A (resized).jpegAB32DDE7-561A-4EC7-BD8A-69AE5B7A2A6D (resized).jpegAB32DDE7-561A-4EC7-BD8A-69AE5B7A2A6D (resized).jpeg
    4 months later
    #13132 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darkfader:

You guys have some pretty sweet game room setups! I just did a video of mine feel free to check it out!

Very very nice sir.

#13148 4 years ago

HAVE.TO.UNSUBSCRIBE.FROM.THIS.THREAD

You guys are killing me

#13189 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hung up some playfields this evening...
    Can anyone name them all?
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Can not name them all but what I see is:

- Earthshaker (love that pin, got rid of it a while ago but I am missing this one)
    - Funhouse (got one)
    - Space station (got one, but sold it)
    - Wizard of Oz
    - Bride of pinbot (got one)
    - Attack from mars.

6 out of 14. That's bad

#13192 4 years ago
    Quoted from PeterG:

I like all what I see here, just some guys building their dream rooms, with only pins, or arcades or anything, I do not care. Just build those dreams and share it. If you like and love it, that is all that matters. I am always getting great ideas in this thread.

You're right. That's what this hobby is all about, to feel good and enjoy the journey. Occasionally share it with friends.
    For me personally I like a good mix between pins, arcades and goodies to dress up the gameroom. Finish that off with some proper lighting and a place to sit and drink and you've got yourself a winning combo.

2 weeks later
    #13324 4 years ago

Alice cooper??? What's that?

3 weeks later
    #13492 4 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

The only complete collection of system 11s in the US.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!! Mega impressed by this collection.

Now add a Funhouse next to ES and WW.

3 months later
    #13936 4 years ago

Some changes in the line-up. Space station left (and as much as i loved it when i bought it i am glad it has left the building). POTC left, haven't missed it since, bought and sold a CFTBL, BoP has been fully restored and added a The Munster and a Guardians of the Galaxy.

I also got my kong off collection almost complete.

02108C25-DA3F-43CC-9C0D-A724EC3D50DA (resized).jpeg02108C25-DA3F-43CC-9C0D-A724EC3D50DA (resized).jpeg430E5641-C2C1-44AF-B9DD-545E6F91B0C6 (resized).jpeg430E5641-C2C1-44AF-B9DD-545E6F91B0C6 (resized).jpegBBA98B70-FF6C-4BB9-9F7B-AFDE32056EEC (resized).jpegBBA98B70-FF6C-4BB9-9F7B-AFDE32056EEC (resized).jpeg
    7 months later
    #15133 3 years ago
    Quoted from Averell:

Those mini arcades are really cool!

No they're not.

#15138 3 years ago
    Quoted from PeterG:

I do not condem the mini arcades, only have a question.
    I always thought that mini arcades have 4K+ games on them. So you should have two, one in landscape and one in portrait. Then you have 8K games to play, so why so many?

I agree. I have -next to my three dedicated cabinets (in NL these are very hard to find) two Neo Geo generic cabinets. One has the monitor in the portrait orientation, the other at landscape. Problem solved, more room for pins and arcade stuff.

I don't like those arcade1up cabs but I guess they serve a purpose. And hey, if you must pay like 75 dollars for a cab with a game (licensed I guess), LCD monitor, speakerset and a control panel this a fokking cheap deal.

5 months later
    #16253 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinrookie:

I just have a little game room but still going strong after 10 years into this pinball hobby.
    [quoted image]

Ouch, I can see them fade on the photograph. Install some shades or something!

7 months later
    #17747 2 years ago
    Quoted from fabsj82:

Thanks! I bent 16 gauge J-channels at work. The marquees just lean against the wall and leave enough room for the LED strip to fit behind them. Here are the lights I used
    amazon.com link »
    [quoted image]

Great thinking sir, I am going to copy your idea as I was looking for similar setup in my gameroom

(yeah, gameroom still in progress)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    2 months later
    #18090 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I have painted floor with rugs and unfinished ceilings with clamp lights ( which are great because I can put the light where ever I need it). It's about fun and games and drinking! Not interior decorating!

Well, how about some pictures then?

1 month later
    #18549 2 years ago

Uh huh huh huh, she said: "liquor"

1 month later
    #18847 2 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Get busy living, or get busy dying....We are finally tossing caution to the wind and gonna attempt to build in these crazy times....We are calling the project the ShawShack Redemption (last name and it literally feels like a scary murder shack). The place is a vintage Florida home on the intercoastal waterway in Cape Canaveral my wife found and talked me into leaving my dream place in Evergreen, CO. Might start its own thread of the build process if folks are interested...
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Has a great Miami Vice feel to it. I love it!!

3 weeks later
    #19026 2 years ago

My basement. Still in progress, I need to do some artistic things done to the walls but it served quite a few game evenings with friends.

Outrun is done, TZ is fully restored, Whirlwind needs to be restored (whenever I can find some time for that).
    Those posters Pixels, Bad Boys and Sonic are illuminated movie posters and I love them.

The banner above the black wall is a custom made pac-man sticker. It contains all characters in every position, all the bonus sprites, the absolute max highscore (3.333.360) and the kill screen on the right.

I also added almost all of the kong off marquees except for kong off 1. Also there all the originial donkey kong (repro) marquees mounted and one custom halloween one.

The MsPacman, Track and Field are original and are restore projects. The cocktail table will be converted to a 60 in 1 table.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    1 month later
    #19351 2 years ago

Nice bar.

I am debating on placing a bar in my gameroom, does anyone have diy building plans for a bar?

1 week later
    #19470 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Ripping this thing apart to get at Ted and finally give him the love he needs.
    [quoted image]

Well, that sounded bad in my head.

4 months later
    #20309 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eagle14:

Batcave is almost finished.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I think I am going to be roasted here but hey.

I see these kind of gamerooms once in a while and they look great of course. Great line up, nice looking car, all the toppers and posters.

BUT: what I miss is some kind of emotion, collector value. Your gameroom looks like you took a large bag of cash and just bought items which you placed in a large boxy room. Personally I find these kind of gamerooms lacking appeal and thought of the owner.

Don't get me wrong, I love the machines you got there and really envy the space, but I would surely add a bar and memorabilia which define you as a collector.

#20310 1 year ago

Quoted from bobloblaw:Finally done. Don't wanna see a paintbrush or painters tape for a long time.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done sir. Very very well done!!

#20312 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eagle14:

I've been collecting, playing and modding these games for a very long time. I have had almost 100 pinnies over the years and these are the ones that I love to play. Yes I have money, but doesn't mean I don't appreciate it and understand that I am very lucky (although I worked bloody hard and earned it all myself).
    For example, I recently sold my Elvira and Batman 66 as I got to the point where I had done everything in the game a number of times over and they just weren't fun anymore. I sold my Godzilla LE coz I just didn't like the game. I also sold a McLaren 675lt and went back to a lotus exige as it is more fun and raw to drive.
    I understand your comment, but everything in this room is special to me.
    Also, I am not a sentimental person, so I can't have old crap in a room. I was very hesitant to share these photos. I didn't do it to show off or say hey look at me, I just wanted to share my passion for pinball with likeminded people.

Thanks for sharing your insights, sorry I jumped to a conclusion I guess. I think I judged your book by its cover.

3 months later
    #20856 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

I know it’s boring seeing unfinished game rooms…but I’m busting my butt to get this detached garage gameroom finished. The garage ceiling had saggy joists at all different heights, so we had to basically re-frame it to get the even height and proper support to hang the ceiling. I’ve never built anything, so I’m learning as I go. One more weekend and the white beadboard goes up, with faux brick and barnwood walls, and then I’ll paint the floor and apply carpet squares for a more comfortable space. Then the real fun…pool table, pinballs, TV, bar…seating…disco ball…gimme 30 more days…
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Such a shame you closed the ceiling, so much possibilities are lost now for decoration and lighting. I understand your choice for heating, etc but I would have left it open and isolate the roof itself.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HarrieD.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=HarrieD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.