Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr_Smith.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12211 5 years ago

So is this still considered a dining room? The Realtor called it a dining room when I first bought the place, it’s where I “dine”, and that’s my dining room table.... so to me it’s my dining room. I don’t have a designated game room, as EVERY room needs games!

14B31479-DF52-4F64-9337-8D47799CDAF2 (resized).jpeg14B31479-DF52-4F64-9337-8D47799CDAF2 (resized).jpeg
    #12217 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah that long one sided dining room table on the right is perfect.

It’s a little known fact that the Last Supper was eaten on a shuffleboard table... you might be on to something here.

5 months later
    #13439 4 years ago

A router, 5 nails, some LEDs, and a few hours later:

(Now to just find light blue LEDS...)

PacmanHook (resized).jpgPacmanHook (resized).jpg
    #13443 4 years ago

On a side note, while making it, I had one of those "once you see it, it can never be unseen" moments:

I give you Blinky, Pinky, Inky... and Groot???

Groot (resized).jpgGroot (resized).jpg
    #13446 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Comet has light blue LEDs. Bought some myself...

I went with strips because I figured it would be hard (or maybe just time consuming) to get everything lookin' even. Still haven't determined if the darker blue bothers me enough to wire up some lighter blue bulbs, time will tell.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

That looks great! What did you use for the eyes? What LEDs did you use as well?

I like this so much I may do the same. (Imitation is the best form of flattery right?)

I had some little wooden cubes I had gotten at a craft store a while back. The ones on the back are 1/2 inch to set it away from the wall, and the eyes are 3/4 inch cubes painted blue. I made the eyes flush with the front so they would sit deeper inside the ghosts for depth (so the white LEDs would highlight the blue on 'em). Originally I wasn't going to do the white LED strips for the eyes, as it would have made it a lot easier, but I'm really glad I did. I think the white eyes make it pop quite a bit more. The LEDs are strip lights I got from superbrightleds.com

It turned out better that I expected and will likely do another design in the same style soon, the pictures don't really do justice to the effect it has on the look of the room. The fact that I could be really sloppy and not have to do anything exact was pretty sweet too! I'm happy to have sparked your creativity, hope yours turns out well, and look forward to seein' pics!

back (resized).jpgback (resized).jpg
    6 months later
    #14484 4 years ago

I'd been wanting to light up a wallhanger playfield for awhile and didn't want to pay top $ to do it. I figured I could get mini Christmas lights dirt cheap on sale now, but was too late and they were all gone. Go home, pull up Amazon, I got these for 8 bucks (for two sets). USB cords included. The whole thing can actually be put underwater (Though obviously not a use I need) and the battery pack is well made. The wore is firm and easily bends and holds it shape, I Just used a litle bit of tape and 10 min and its good to go. The lights are small enough to sit recessed so not to allow a bunch of light spillage. (I already had black paper over the holes in the playfield from when I previously had it hanging in a window.) It's got serval disco modes... er "attract modes" and even has the standard cheesy remote controls. I think this was one of my better "dirt cheap" pinball purchaces in awhile. The box says "For romance and love", now I wouldn't go so far as to say that.. but lightin' up a pair of wall hangers for under 10 bucks was cheaper than I expected and it turned out better than hoped for also. Win-Win!
    @@@1a copy (resized).jpg@@@1a copy (resized).jpg@@@2a copy (resized).jpg@@@2a copy (resized).jpg@@@3a copy (resized).jpg@@@3a copy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr_Smith.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=Dr_Smith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.