Topic Stats

• 23,818 posts
  • 2,344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by YippieKiYay
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_232536 (resized).jpg
    20240423_230401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Calfdemon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12923 5 years ago

Well, I don't have quite the house as many on here, but the wife was all for turning our front room / formal living room into a game room and bar when we bought our house. Way better than a stuffy room that is only used once a year at Christmas. We entertain a lot so this room tends to be very popular. Our family room is off the kitchen and that is where we watch television anyway, so this room was perfect.

When the oldest moves out and gets a place big enough, that baby grand is going with her and that will be room for at least 2 more pins!! lol

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

And cut me some slack on the Zima sign... My wife loves that stuff and loves that sign.

#12925 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Good looking room Calfdemon, I’m digging the 3 classic 40x slots.

Thanks, there are now 4 in that line and I moved the IGT to another wall. I added Winning Streak where the IGT sits in that picture. I have 2 more 40X slots in the garage that I have no idea where they are going to go. 1 is almost done and 1 is in parts, but will be done in due time. Its a sickness.. lol

#12927 5 years ago

They are not something I play a lot of. I get more enjoyment collecting the game kits and building the machines. But my in laws live with us for health reasons and my father in law is a slot junkie and plays them all day long. So it's more for him and friends at parties. We also sometimes do a slot tournament (on the IGT) at parties where I put in 200 credits and the guest gets 1 minute to play. I cash out their ticket after 1 minute and after the tournament, top 3 tickets win prizes. Guests actually love it. As for playing, I have about $500 in quarters between the 40x machines. We just keep the credits built up and everyone plays for free. I dont want my friends money, and I cant afford to pay them if they hit a jackpot... lol

#12932 5 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

a nice 3-pin collection calfdemon - three great games that represent the late 70s/early 80s, early 90s and current well!

Thanks.. Changing it up though. Flash is on its way to a new home this weekend and Scared Stiff is on its way from Virginia. So going to be heavy on the 90's pins. Once that piano is gone though, the collection will go to 5 (or 6 if I can squeeze 6 in). But that will be a while as I'm sure her first place will be an apartment with no room for a baby grand...

#12937 5 years ago
    Quoted from toastbot:

Yeah, but do you like 805 beer?

Yes, the wife and I both do. But we also were married on August 5th

#12943 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Is that a Stampede slot machine that I see??? It’s been on my short list for some time, now.

There is one in Texas right now for $300. Check the classifieds on New Life Games!

Whoops, jeep-mustang beat me to it and included a link to boot! If I was closer, I would have already have grabbed that slot, especially since it is a roundtop!

#12946 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

calfdemon Love the Godard art. Have a few knock off copies that look really good. And 1 real print. They cost a lot!!! Here is one since a lot of folks don't really know his art!
    [quoted image]

Thanks! Yeah, love Godard... there are a bunch of his older pieces I would love to have but they all hold some value and arent cheap... someday I will add a couple more. Love the one you posted as well!

2 weeks later
    #13058 5 years ago

Not much of an update to my game room, but Scared Stiff took the place of Flash and did get custom rugs made for under SS and JD. Already had the WOZ rug from eBay.

20190416_091218 (resized).jpg20190416_091218 (resized).jpg20190416_090924 (resized).jpg20190416_090924 (resized).jpg20190416_090930 (resized).jpg20190416_090930 (resized).jpg
    #13066 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Where do you get custom rugs made?
    Those are pretty cool!

https://www.americanfloormats.com/jet-print-logo-mats/

Not cheap, but good quality and this company doesnt reject your art for copyright reasons, they put it all on you with a waiver...

3 months later
    #13581 4 years ago

Love a lot of what you have going on there, but the Wacky Packages collection takes it!! Haven't seen those in YEARS!!

5 months later
    #14482 4 years ago

Ah, a Space Duel! I put many a quarter in that game back in the 80's. I actually bought one a while back (along with Frontline) but sold both of my stand ups to make some room for more pins.

1 week later
    #14538 4 years ago
    Quoted from mzhulk:

Here is a video of my Halloween party, my gameroom is my entire house. It's a haunted gameroom theme, and minus the 30 x 12 tent in the driveway my house stays decorated like this throughout the year. I have games pretty much everywhere.

Awesome! As a huge "home haunter" at halloween, I have a lot of the pieces you have as well, but that screaming nun is AWESOME!!! I haven't seen that one before. Im assuming it is pneumatic? Where did you get that piece?

Every square inch of my house gets haunted for Halloween every year, but there is no way the wife would let me keep it up all year... lol. I have a packed 10x12 shed in the back just for halloween storage.

2 months later
    #14993 4 years ago

For slot machines, its all about the fun interactive bonus games and the sound of coins hitting trays for nostalgia. My personal favorites are the mid 90's Williams 40x series. I have 7 machines (5 and home and 2 at vacation house) but I have 21 different kits so I can swap them out and keep them fresh.

20200411_113944 (resized).jpg20200411_113944 (resized).jpg20200411_114001 (resized).jpg20200411_114001 (resized).jpg20200403_182613 (resized).jpg20200403_182613 (resized).jpg
    #14997 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

That High Speed is cool!! I didn't know those existed.

Yeah, highly sought after. I hope someday to have a HS pin and have them side by side, but unlikely due to limited pin space and already over capacity. Cant see getting rid of any of my pins for a HS.

#14999 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Do you have a garage? Maybe a bookcase that could be moved? How fond are you of your dining table?

When there's a will, there's a way.

As it is, the last 2 pins were bought without the wife knowing until well after and R&M was bought without anywhere to put it. Thinking SS will go in the garage when R&M shows up. Point being if I ever try and get another, then I will have LOTS of room, cause the wife will be gone... Lol. Would rather keep her!

2 months later
    #15299 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

The wife/GF isn’t sold on this idea quite yet.

Wait, you have both the wife and girlfriend living with you?? How did you pull that off not living in Utah?!?!

3 weeks later
    #15453 3 years ago

I would get one of those, but apparently our bar is always open...

3 months later
    #16204 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dewman:

Probably because of the thin blue line flag. I served 25 years in law enforcement so sorry no apologies for it.

My thoughts were the same.. Currently in year 30 with 4 1/2 to go. Doing the long haul.

1 month later
    #16539 3 years ago
    Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Incredible. Truly incredible. You say you're only open a few times a year, so is this a shop? A game room attached to your house? A special event business? I'm just curious. It must be an awesome place to visit.

https://www.thedarkness.com/

2 months later
    #16935 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm sorry but you moved to Indiana you will need to Please return all of that Chicago sports memorabilia. Thank you.

But East Chicago is in Indiana... So he should get a pass

#16993 3 years ago

Not to be a killjoy here, but can we get more pictures of game rooms and take the contracting conversations to a "how to build a game room" thread? lol

3 weeks later
    #17178 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Anyone have one of the Arcade1UP Big Buck Hunters? Thinking about getting one and so far looks like reviews are good.

My buddy has one. He and his son love it.

2 months later
    #17579 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dimperio620:

Here are some updated pictures from my garage man cave!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Loving the WMS 40x slots. I have never seen Winning Streak in a 9 inch top before. Pretty cool!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Calfdemon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=Calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.