Topic Stats

• 13,897 posts
  • 1,710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 709 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,377 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15688473187176823571493391847452 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184847751 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184946184 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184920596 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_185013953 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184958527 (resized).jpg
    20190917_125326 (resized).jpg
    FAA2C6BB-D1A2-4A77-963B-51585A9DA6C9 (resized).jpeg
    received_641975349614799 (resized).jpeg
    received_1764228700379749 (resized).jpeg
    received_512930622841088 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190913_104804775 (resized).jpg
    0589A254-C51A-4AE6-AD4B-E4264AF4F2DC (resized).jpeg
    5B54F353-17B7-4E88-9D89-2EC39501167A (resized).jpeg
    20190915_165520 (resized).jpg
    20190915_165527 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1477 6 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

Here is my updated gameroom.

what is that machine on the right side of the room (between the stools)?

#1491 6 years ago

Wish the space was bigger... but this is our game hole!

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.jpg

#1495 6 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Bigger then what I have to work with....That dartboard closet is fantastic! Great idea

Thanks. It was an easy build. I framed out (what was) a hollow storage space beneath the steps... then took those furring strips and finished it off. The height and depth are purely driven by the steps. Ideally the board would have been set back a few more feet and maybe about 10" higher. But, I wasn't about to move the steps! I had an old track light strip with heads and replaced the utility light that was in there... got 2 PAR30 red bulbs and one white one... gave it a nice warmth. To tie it all up, I painted the concrete. It really ended up being a very inexpensive projector, all things considered.

#1496 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Same here, I would kill for a space that size and that nice

Please don't take my comment the wrong way... Probably didn't word that too well. I wish I had another 10 ft to work with... some of these massive game rooms are just incredible.

#1497 6 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Very nice space! I love the wall mount. What did you use to support it? I've got a big AMI/Rowe R-90, but would love a wall mount tied into some smaller speakers to save some floor space.

It is mounted with a mounting bracket right into the studs... along with some heavy-weight drywall mounting hardware. It took 4 guys to get that thing up there. It's heavy, but the wall supports it.

You know, you're not too far away from Maryland. There is a guy in Hagerstown that is a coin-op picker. I didn't buy this one from him (but he recently had one for sale)... he has loads of wall mount juke boxes. I think he generally sells them for $250-$400. I bought from a guy in NYC and shipping was a heavy on the wallet. Wish I had know about this guy. PM me if you want his info. He's a legit operation.

#1507 6 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Yeah, I've been up to Lloyd's before Stopped by on the way back from a business trip in PA and always keep up with him on FB. I don't know where he finds all that stuff!

I wish I knew too... did you see that MM he posted last week? He's also had a few WC Soccers in the last few months.

I talked with an operator for a while out in DE on the boardwalk... he said he's sold almost all of his pins (warehouse full) to Lloyd over the years. He added that he couldn't believe what pins fetch these days. made him laugh

#1518 6 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

Here's some pics of my newly remodeled mancave, being guarded by my storm trooper.

Bee-u-tiful, buddy! Love your line-up

3 months later
    #1883 5 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

Almost finished the "Sanctum". Here are a few pics.

LINEUP_2013_09_25 sm.jpg 99 KB

Gameroon_002.JPG 110 KB

IMG_4417.JPG 2 MB

Love the "play pinball here" sign. Where did you get it?

1 year later
    #3287 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Some new pics of the "Mini-cade" after adding/removing a game or two.

Nice. You know what you are missing? A super chexx would look great right in the middle of that room!

6 months later
    #4393 4 years ago
    Quoted from HK-Steve:

Great thread Guy's,
    plus lots of nice rooms, I am in envy of how many pins and games some of you have.
    My room is our living room, with my Home Theater (first hobby)
    Only have 1 pin so far, but as you all know, you can't just have 1 pin.
    So I am on the lookout for the No.2 and maybe No.3 if possible.
    My HT room also has an Air Hockey table,
    on the terrace we have a Pool Table, and Table Tennis also.
    HT has a 2.5m wide screen with a Marquee 9500 CRT projetor with 5 channels of Martin Logan Electrostatic speakers, M&K sub-woofer. Plus lots of other equipment.
    Cheers
    Steve
    DSC00320.JPG

Man...if that were my setup, I'd have one of those couches dead center to get an exact CLP for those Martin Logans!

Nice room, Steve!
    todd

5 months later
    #5596 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Bubble hockey =gone!

Bubble hockey is aweseome...by far the most popular "thing" in our game room

5 months later
    #6476 3 years ago

Have made some tweaks and additions to the game room... continuing with the hockey/pins/movie theme with hockey puck coasters, some classic Caps and Flyers photos, pinball fliers, and a few movie posts along the wall shared with the dedicated home theater...recently added in some original works of art on skate decks that I picked up from some artists....and just began phase two expansion into a storage/work room that was 1/4 work shop and 3/4 shelving and storage. With a little spring cleaning combined with some shelving reconfiguration, I can now fit 7 or 8 pins in there. I'm thinking this room will remain largely unfinished...I like the exposed beams, concrete floors, and string lights. Gives the room its own feel.

The other side of the wall in the main game room is a space that's under a 3 season room on the first floor. Probably would never happen...but I'd love to build it out and cut a door through the exterior brick...would give me another 17X12 space. Otherwise, space is out.

I know...I know... first world problems. But, we're all allowed to dream. Right?

Anyhow, thought I would share and perhaps someone might take an idea or two...or have a suggestion or two!

The sickness grows.

IMG_7197_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7196_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7198_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7210_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7207_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7201_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7214_(resized).JPG
    IMG_7200_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7202_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7212_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7211_(resized).jpg

IMG_7203_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7206_(resized).jpg

#6478 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Looks awesome and I want that jukebox! I would think the hockey pucks would cause beer spills if drunks are putting drinks down not exactly on top of them, but they look cool.

Thanks.

Yeah...the pucks work but are better in theory (they do require some precision placement)

#6480 3 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

what is that wooden game with the posts on it on the table? some kind of skill game?

It's called Skittles. Made at Berea College. You wind a string around a top and launch it into the playfield through a launch slot. The top spins crazy fast and whips around the playfield, knocking down pins. The pins are worth different amount of points. The first two bays (left and right of the launch area) are worth -10. The next area of pins are all worth 5 points. The area after that is all worth 10 points... The back left and right bays are worth 50 points...and the back center bay is worth 100.

You get 5 pulls... Each time resetting the pins. Add up your score at the end.

There is some skill in how you wrap the string around the top, and your arm angle/ pull plane (which directs the top after the pull). The rest is just luck (if the table is level).

Really fun to play with a group of friends. Most people far prefer it to pinball.

It's a tricky game because the table needs to be level and very stable. I secured my game on a custom cut table with securing feet and extra strength Velcro... And the custom cut table is bolted into the wall. So, it's very stable after the initial pull of string/top. We found the legs that came with the game to be waaaay to rickety and loose (pins would fall over when you pulled the string to launch the top).

#6483 3 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

Love the bubble hockey. Is that the Black Hawks in there! LOL

Caps vs Philly

#6484 3 years ago
    Quoted from tdunbar:

I graduated from Berea in 1981 so did you also attend school there?

No, didn't go there. Have been playing skittles since the 1970's, tho! My granddad was an inventor and had wired a skittles game full of switches to register when pins were knocked down (on a scoring light board he created)...he had that rigged together in the late 70's... Many fond memories of playing it in his basement.

My parents sold that game in a yard sale back in 1992. :-/. Sure wish it was the one I now own.

Did you ever work on making one of these games while you were there??

#6485 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

There is so much more space but I am not allowed to enter the theater space or my sons play area which is huge on the other side

That play area will open in due time )

#6488 3 years ago

Nice. How's that Ice Cold Beer? Fun?

#6507 3 years ago
    Quoted from JeffA:

A bit behind on the thread. Just saw this. Man, I loved that game. We had one as a kid. Wonder if my parents still have it. Will have to check.

I need to scrap together a pin night... Or a skittles throw down!

1 month later
    #6766 3 years ago
    Quoted from PureTO:

It's small... But is mine!
    Oh.. Same goes for game room.

good one.

1 month later
    #7148 3 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

My game room is the garage and patio in my backyard

Your game room is BAD ASS!

1 year later
    #10211 1 year ago
    Quoted from swillie:

And with the table partly obscuring the side of that slap shot I thought it said that one thing on the side of it, made me do a double take.

Like...??

1 week later
    #10331 1 year ago
    Quoted from jidorman:

Here's the progression of my game room 3 weeks in to a full house renovation. And I'll absolutely be laying it out/mocking it up digitally.
    Edit: pics from bottom to top for progression.

Did they film silence of the lambs in there??

1 year later
    #13572 68 days ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

thanks, guys. yeah, couldn't agree more.

I dig the fact that you like to change things up... its not an easy trait to have!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 0.35
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 28.00
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 26.50
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Docquest Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside