Topic Stats

• 23,814 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,814 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 477.
    #4851 8 years ago

Mine so far:

20150807_225650.jpg20150807_225650.jpg

20150807_225702.jpg20150807_225702.jpg

#4852 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

he did it many times on my CD collection

Only on the cd's he didn't like I'll bet.

#4853 8 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

Pinsanity HQ

Garage.jpg

Oh I love the wide open space and the nice high ceiling. Great set-up.

#4855 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Only on the cd's he didn't like I'll bet.

Well, some Whitesnake cd's were lost!!!!

#4856 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, some Whitesnake cd's were lost!!!!

Your just gonna have to raise that whole thing off the ground a couple of feet. That will be the end of it.

#4857 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your just gonna have to raise that whole thing off the ground a couple of feet. That will be the end of it.

Definitely thought about that.... I have to keep the door closed while I'm not around and he's inside the house.... I don't trust him anymore..... one spot that he likes to pee is my refrigerator, so the kitchen door is always closed as well!!!! That being said, I ain't got much trouble with him regarding this problem.... the rest of the house is somewhat safe..... when he's around he usually goes down and makes his #1 necessities on the walls around the pool, so I'm constantly throwing some cleaning liquids on it (day and night)!

Anyway, my pinballs are safe untill now....

#4858 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Definitely thought about that.... I have to keep the door closed while I'm not around and he's inside the house.... I don't trust him anymore..... one spot that he likes to pee is my refrigerator, so the kitchen door is always closed as well!!!! That being said, I ain't got much trouble with him regarding this problem.... the rest of the house is somewhat safe..... when he's around he usually goes down and makes his #1 necessities on the walls around the pool, so I'm constantly throwing some cleaning liquids on it (day and night)!
    Anyway, my pinballs are safe untill now....

I don't have any pets but I know how it is with them.

#4859 8 years ago

Holy cow SkyKing! Where did you get your Hokus Pokus? Wherever it came from the people there must have been chimneys to make the cabinet that brown. Good game though, wish I could find a backglass for mine.

#4860 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Um, how many square feet we talking here?

2900 Sq. ft. By the time I subtract the bedroom, utility room, work shop and bathroom, it's around 2300 sq. ft. of pure game room space.

I started a separate thread called Arcade/Game Room. There will be several arcade games in it, along with a pool table, two bowling machines, a skee ball, and many, many slot machines. My wife tells me I'm out of control. I don't think she's serious...

#4862 8 years ago

I have the windows covered for now until the blinds come. Just took it down to take a pic.

As for the curtsins... to each his/her own I guess. Ha. We're all a little different. Some more than others.

#4863 8 years ago

My film production company/entertainment law office

20150717_151807.jpg20150717_151807.jpg

#4864 8 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

My film production company/entertainment law office

20150717_151807.jpg

Lovely!!! I just received my TZ back from the restore shop and I'm loving it! Can you share a picture of your frame?

#4865 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Lovely!!! I just received my TZ back from the restore shop and I'm loving it! Can you share a picture of your frame?

I don't have one at the moment but if you search for "Twilight Zone poster" on eBay you'll find it. Its standard movie poster size, I believe 27 x 40

#4866 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

2900 Sq. ft. By the time I subtract the bedroom, utility room, work shop and bathroom, it's around 2300 sq. ft. of pure game room space.
    I started a separate thread called Arcade/Game Room. There will be several arcade games in it, along with a pool table, two bowling machines, a skee ball, and many, many slot machines. My wife tells me I'm out of control. I don't think she's serious...

With 2900 sq ft, I'd put two bowling lanes in there.

#4867 8 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Holy cow SkyKing! Where did you get your Hokus Pokus? Wherever it came from the people there must have been chimneys to make the cabinet that brown. Good game though, wish I could find a backglass for mine.

Seriously, I just got some Mean Green to start cleaning it -- this is super gross, lol. What color is this even supposed to be??

#4868 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

This puts my little 12x24 room to shame, I am so ashamed now! Good luck i'm sure it will be great

#4869 8 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Finally getting the new place setup - won't be exactly as planned, but pretty close

gameroomlayout2.jpg IMG_5712.jpg IMG_5713.jpg IMG_5714.jpg

Looking good! Can't wait to get my invite next time i'm in town

#4870 8 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Seriously, I just got some Mean Green to start cleaning it -- this is super gross, lol. What color is this even supposed to be??

I believe it was originally pure white.

#4871 8 years ago

I call my room the homunculus. Small but perfectly formed. This is the smallest space you can get 5 pins into. The LOTR topper clears the ceiling by 3mm. I can't get a wide body through the door. The glasses scrape the wall taking them off. The TSPP playfield clears the fluoro ceiling light by about 3mm and that's with the lug going to the side of the tube. It's total Tetris to get them in. Including climbing under the pin to get through the door.
    But it's carpeted, and the walls are a beautiful sandstone and the ceiling is concrete, so with the door shut its a comfy welcoming space and soundproof so late nights going for Valinor are no problem.

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
    image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg
    image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg
    image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg
    image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg
    image_6.jpgimage_6.jpg
    image_7.jpgimage_7.jpg
    image_8.jpgimage_8.jpg

#4872 8 years ago

Wow. Good job fitting 5 pins in there but damn, that's some tight quarters.

#4873 8 years ago

Nice line-up! But it looks very tight. Do you have enough room to get the glass of?

#4874 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zymotic:

Nice line-up! But it looks very tight. Do you have enough room to get the glass of?

The glass just touches the wall taking them off.

#4875 8 years ago

Just enough then (ah, you mentioned it in your post...)

#4876 8 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

I believe it was originally pure white.

Yuck. Guess I've got some cleanup work to do. I'll be posting some pics of that process (already have) over in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nicotine-so-gross-mean-green-ftw

#4877 8 years ago

wow thats tight nice job jammin em in!

#4878 8 years ago

IMG_6172.JPGIMG_6172.JPG
    gotta fit one more game in

#4884 8 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Hokus Pokus is supposed to be off-white, almost cream colored with blue and brown stencil artwork. Here's mine. Luckily my cab wasn't too bad when I got it. BG and PF are mint.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#4885 8 years ago

Sorry about the multiple posts on Hokus Pokus all. During pic upload, my iPad started having a seizure of some kind. Damn Apple products.

#4886 8 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Damn Apple products.

I blame the lightning cable

#4887 8 years ago
    Quoted from Meph:

Wow. Good job fitting 5 pins in there but damn, that's some tight quarters.

Which could be a problem, if your tight quarters get stuck in the coin mechs.

#4888 8 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Hokus Pokus is supposed to be off-white, almost cream colored with blue and brown stencil artwork. Here's mine.

Thanks for sharing. It's a nice looking game! I was making good progress getting it back to white (ref pic below) but then luckily I sold it.

FB_IMG_1439653626900.jpgFB_IMG_1439653626900.jpg

20150815_155149.jpg20150815_155149.jpg

#4889 8 years ago

IMG_20150822_155508.jpgIMG_20150822_155508.jpg

#4890 8 years ago

Went and saw the house today. Took photos of a lot of things. As this is a "game room" thread, I'll share the basement photos.

Remember, it will be a finished basement when it is all done except the area behind the stairs (laundry room).

20150822_095339.jpg20150822_095339.jpg20150822_095703.jpg20150822_095703.jpg20150822_095653.jpg20150822_095653.jpg

#4891 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Went and saw the house today. Took photos of a lot of things. As this is a "game room" thread, I'll share the basement photos.
    Remember, it will be a finished basement when it is all done except the area behind the stairs (laundry room).

That's a lot of space. How much of it will you be dedicating to pins?

#4892 8 years ago

Love the setup there. Make sure you put pressure sensitive switches on those stairs. LEDs on the bottom of ea. step. NICE

#4893 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

That's a lot of space. How much of it will you be dedicating to pins?

Thank you . I will disappoint most when I say that I plan to put 3-4 in that lil' cubby hole to the far left opposite the foot of the stairs, and that will probably be it.

Search for my name in this thread, and you'll see there are a lot of posts explaining that I plan to hold the line at 4 and keep room for my other hobbies .

Getting that 7ft Valley ZD-8 pool table (read: 1 piece slate) is going to be a "good time" down those stairs. I plan to go get some 2x4s, some truss supports, and cut them at angles to support the stairs. The pool table is 700 lbs and with 4-5 guys working it down the stairs, the stairs will need some support or we risk them bowing.

#4894 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Thank you . I will disappoint most when I say that I plan to put 3-4 in that lil' cubby hole to the far left opposite the foot of the stairs, and that will probably be it.
    Search for my name in this thread, and you'll see there are a lot of posts explaining that I plan to hold the line at 4 and keep room for my other hobbies .
    Getting that 7ft Valley ZD-8 pool table (read: 1 piece slate) is going to be a "good time" down those stairs. I plan to go get some 2x4s, some truss supports, and cut them at angles to support the stairs. The pool table is 700 lbs and with 4-5 guys working it down the stairs, the stairs will need some support or we risk them bowing.

Why didn't you put the slate down there first and build around it?

#4895 8 years ago

Smart thing about the stairs supports.

#4896 8 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Why didn't you put the slate down there first and build around it?

That was not an option per the builder. Trust me, we wanted to do that very badly.

#4897 8 years ago

We're looking to find the best games room in the UK. All of the games rooms on this thread look great!
    We're offering £3000 cash to the winner, which can be spent on whatever you want! From new additions to your games room or a nice holiday! We absolutely love seeing where our products end up and over the years we’ve been treated to some amazing sneak peeks of some of the most fantastic games rooms you can imagine. This competition isn't about how much you've spent on your games room or the size, it's about the creativity behind it!

You can enter now by clicking the link below and completing our Games Room of The Year submission form:

https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/games-room-of-the-year/submission-form.html
    Good luck, we can't wait to see your entries!

#4898 8 years ago
    Quoted from HLD:

We're looking to find the best games room in the UK. All of the games rooms on this thread look great!
    We're offering £3000 cash to the winner, which can be spent on whatever you want! From new additions to your games room or a nice holiday! We absolutely love seeing where our products end up and over the years we’ve been treated to some amazing sneak peeks of some of the most fantastic games rooms you can imagine. This competition isn't about how much you've spent on your games room or the size, it's about the creativity behind it!
    You can enter now by clicking the link below and completing our Games Room of The Year submission form:
    https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/games-room-of-the-year/submission-form.html
    Good luck, we can't wait to see your entries!

Sounds like fun, to bad I don't live in the UK.

#4899 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sounds like fun, to bad I don't live in the UK.

Ah that's a shame! We'll let you know if we decide to extend the competition in the future!

#4900 8 years ago
    Quoted from HLD:

Ah that's a shame! We'll let you know if we decide to extend the competition in the future!

Yeah well hopefully your contest will spur more pinball interest with our pinball brothers in the UK. I hope so. You guys get such a raw deal on game prices, taxes and such.

There are 23,814 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.