Topic Stats

• 14,204 posts - Hot topic!
  • 1,741 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 minutes ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 726 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,718 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191121_192735 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    dwan18 (resized).jpg
    20191117_125545 (resized).jpg
    20191117_125536 (resized).jpg
    IMG-20191117-WA0001 (resized).jpg
    pinball-lineup2 (resized).jpg
    Basement Pano1 (resized).jpg
    mirrors3 (resized).jpg
    Basement Pano2 (resized).jpg
    mirrors2 (resized).jpg
    mirrors1 (resized).jpg
    20191119_194032_resized (resized).jpg
    20191119_195905_resized (resized).jpg

There are 14204 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 285.
    #4801 4 years ago

And here I was so excited to share the update on my 190sft room......sheesh.. squeezing in 5 is a Tetris feat......one day....

Anyway, ALMOST done. I am hopefully starting to move some stuff in tomorrow and then deck it out...soon?

2015-08-11_17.34.47.jpg

2015-08-11_17.35.30.jpg

#4802 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

rotordave: So I gotta ask, where did most of your pins come from? container buys, shipped over from Australia? I don't imagine New Zealand was a huge importer of pinballs? (seeing how there's only 38 other pinsiders, and 20 public locations in all of New Zealand)

Most of the 1990s onwards pins and System 11s are NZ new machines. There were a lot of pins bought into NZ (for routing) from the late 80s onwards. I did bring in some containers from Europe about 5 years ago, I still have some of these games at home.

The majority of the 70s/80s games I have bought from the USA. I think out of maybe 30 pins from this era, maybe 5 are from NZ and the rest have been imported by me.

I've never bought a pin from Australia ... The pins are generally dearer there than NZ, and believe it or not I can ship pins from the USA cheaper than I can from Sydney.

rd

#4803 4 years ago

Wow!.Just to put new pinballs in all the games.What?.$800.00.lol

#4804 4 years ago

I am happy to say that I have contributed a game to rotordave's collection....he bought my first pin, a nice example of Road Kings. Great guy, and definitely gets my vote for Pinball Hall of Fame!

#4805 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I am happy to say that I have contributed a game to rotordave's collection....he bought my first pin, a nice example of Road Kings.

And what a machine it is!! Thanks for helping me out with it

Thats one of about 6 system 11s I imported from the USA to complete my full set (because I couldn't get them in NZ ... Either there aren't any, or I couldn't buy theI don't know about them...)

rd

#4806 4 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

And here I was so excited to share the update on my 190sft room......sheesh.. squeezing in 5 is a Tetris feat......one day....
    Anyway, ALMOST done. I am hopefully starting to move some stuff in tomorrow and then deck it out...soon?

2015-08-11_17.34.47.jpg 2015-08-11_17.35.30.jpg

What are the dimentions of the room? Looks like you could fit more then 5.

#4807 4 years ago

awesome clip rotordave. nice collection and house. you are blessed and thats great u have the family support, thanks for sharing, enjoyed it!!!

#4808 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I've never bought a pin from Australia ... The pins are generally dearer there than NZ, and believe it or not I can ship pins from the USA cheaper than I can from Sydney.

I figured that would be out of fear that would sabotage it or something like that... or maybe I've watched too much Flight of the Conchords...

#4809 4 years ago

love those old chairs.... are those herman millers?

Quoted from dannylite:

Dining room takeover last Saturday! Room for 2 more when I throw the table outside. It's all about getting your lady hooked on pins.

image.jpg

#4810 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I figured that would be out of fear that would sabotage it or something like that... or maybe I've watched too much Flight of the Conchords...

Hmmmmm yeah always a possibility. All descended from convicts, don't you know ...

rd

#4811 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

What are the dimentions of the room? Looks like you could fit more then 5.

My panorama is deceptive. It's only 180 sft, so 13x13. with a french door one one side, the entry door on the other and the heat pump air exchanger I am kinda limited to where I can put games. TECHNICALLY I COULD fit more. But even though the windows will be diffused (UV film) and have cellular blinds on them....we have to leave 3 of the 4 clear-ish. So says the boss. Which don't totally disagree with. PLUS one of the windows has to be open to leave room to get in and out of the damn place.....shees....can't a man just block himself into a game room??

#4812 4 years ago

This is a lil update of my 1 bedroom apt gameroom!

#4814 4 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

My panorama is deceptive. It's only 180 sft, so 13x13. with a french door one one side, the entry door on the other and the heat pump air exchanger I am kinda limited to where I can put games. TECHNICALLY I COULD fit more. But even though the windows will be diffused (UV film) and have cellular blinds on them....we have to leave 3 of the 4 clear-ish. So says the boss. Which don't totally disagree with. PLUS one of the windows has to be open to leave room to get in and out of the damn place.....shees....can't a man just block himself into a game room??

13x13=169 not 180. The "boss"? Man I feel for ya. Can't ya have at least one room to call your own? The house is half yours isn't it? That's why I never got married.

#4815 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's why I never got married.

That leaves us with one question.... who's the girl in your avatar?

#4816 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

13x12=169 not 180

Thanks a lot. You just took 11 square feet from my room!!! Hahahahahah. It's cool. I like the windows. Im sure at some point i might cover another window. But for now I'm digging what I have. Keeps me from going overboard like Pinhead. That room is amazing!!!

#4817 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

13x12=169 not 180.

actually 13*12=156. haha sorry I had to do it.

#4819 4 years ago

Pinhead that JM you got there should would look good with a few mods....I know a guy...ha

#4820 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

actually 13*12=156. haha sorry I had to do it.

That 12 was a typo.

#4821 4 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Thanks a lot. You just took 11 square feet from my room!!! Hahahahahah. It's cool. I like the windows. Im sure at some point i might cover another window. But for now I'm digging what I have. Keeps me from going overboard like Pinhead. That room is amazing!!!

Sorry about that. You should see my room sometime.

#4822 4 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

That leaves us with one question.... who's the girl in your Avatar?

That was my girlfriend from '85-'91.

#4823 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That was my girlfriend from '85-'91.

Well, at least I hope you still got that gourgeous black Mustang!

#4824 4 years ago

Here is the start in my 169000 square metre room. Still 3 pins to go. And some trim, neon, LEDs, and surprises... But its a start! And better than a boring shared room

PANO_20150813_192306.jpg

PANO_20150813_192206.jpg

#4825 4 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, at least I hope you still got that gourgeous black Mustang!

Oh buy you bet I do, at the body shop, custom body work and a MIRROR black paint job.

#4826 4 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Here is the start in my 169000 square metre room. Still 3 pins to go. And some trim, neon, LEDs, and surprises... But its a start! And better than a boring shared room

PANO_20150813_192306.jpg PANO_20150813_192206.jpg

169000 sq meter. You mean centimeter. What the h-e double L are on your games, CURTINS? Don't tell me where the idea came from. Get them off of those machines and put some kick butt under cab lighting on.

#4827 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

some kick butt under cab lighting on.

And subs. Haha

#4829 4 years ago

The game room construction has begun. Framing this week, bathroom plumbing roughed in. Now- it gets fun.

woodpile.jpg

#4830 4 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

The game room construction has begun. Framing this week, bathroom plumbing roughed in. Now- it gets fun.

woodpile.jpg

Start a seperate thread about the build, I'd like to follow.

#4831 4 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Here is the start in my 169000 square metre room.

And people thought my room was big!!

rd

#4832 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

169000 sq meter. You mean centimeter. What the h-e double L are on your games, CURTINS? Don't tell me where the idea came from. Get them off of those machines and put some kick butt under cab lighting on.

Not sure I like them, but I'm trying to find something to keep my stupid dog from running under mine. Open to suggestions!

#4833 4 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

woodpile.jpg

Um, how many square feet we talking here?

#4834 4 years ago

Night time view. SOME lighting installed. Lots to come and 3 more pins.

PANO_20150813_225943.jpg

#4835 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

And people thought my room was big!!
    rd

Yea,But he is going to need some of your games to fill it!

#4836 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzzz:

Yea,But he is going to need some of your games to fill it!

He's gonna need ALL of Pinsiders games to fill it.

#4837 4 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

WOW... how big is this game room?

#4838 4 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Have to ask, what is up with those curtains around the bottom of your machines? Tell me those are going to go!

#4839 4 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Not sure I like them, but I'm trying to find something to keep my stupid dog from running under mine. Open to suggestions!

My dog lies under my pins when he knows he's about to take a shower (can you spot him?)..... It's a pain in the ass to get him when he does that.... Anyway, I think he's way much clever, I LOVE him!!!!!

pinball-coleco-top-of-the-rocks-2-maquinas-de-12-562601-MLB20367717178_082015-F.jpg

#4840 4 years ago

If your dog was deciding to be "bad" under there you wouldn't . that's my issue.

#4841 4 years ago

I have limited space and store all my tools, parts, and other such things. So they stay.

#4842 4 years ago

When you're in the middle of an .....epileptic seizure you really don't notice the curtains

https://instagram.com/p/6WYUijMnrT/

#4843 4 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

When you're in the middle of an .....epileptic seizure you really don't notice the curtains
    https://instagram.com/p/6WYUijMnrT/

Oh my. Haha

#4844 4 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

I have limited space and store all my tools, parts, and other such things. So they stay.

Just putting appropriately sized ordinary cardboard boxes under the pins would look far better in my opinion. Even if i want to look at the other stuff in the room...I can't help staring at those curtains...

The least I would do is make them solid black, grey or white so they don't draw attention so heavily.

#4845 4 years ago
    Quoted from someoneelse:

Just putting appropriately sized ordinary cardboard boxes under the pins would look far better in my opinion. Even if i want to look at the other stuff in the room...I can't help staring at those curtains...
    The least I would do is make them solid black, grey or white so they don't draw attention so heavily.

What he said.

#4846 4 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Good thing Johnny is already faded because that room has way too much sunlight for any reds.

#4847 4 years ago

Or get some black rubber made containers or go to the container store. That place rocks.

#4848 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or get some black rubber made containers or go to the container store. That place rocks.

Another good idea. But looking at the little sideboard thing in the first picture i guess we just have different color perception.

Apart from the clown-skirts your pins are wearing the room is really nice!

And hey, you have a pinball machine desk, cool.

#4849 4 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

If your dog was deciding to be "bad" under there you wouldn't . that's my issue.

Oh, now I see.... Fortunately he never p*** on any of my pin legs, but he did it many times on my CD collection BAD DOG!

20150814_094446.jpg

#4850 4 years ago

Pinsanity HQ

Garage.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 30.40
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 23.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 159.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 100.00
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 14204 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 285.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside