Topic Stats

• 23,818 posts
  • 2,344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by YippieKiYay
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_232536 (resized).jpg
    20240423_230401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    There are 23,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 477.
    #4401 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

The encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy...
    100_1448.JPG

Wow, from what movie have you taken this phrase?

#4402 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I looked into whether or not you could get an "Frozen Carbonated Beverage" machine for the home a few years ago. The general answer I found was no. They're apparently a maintenance headache and nobody wants to support joe home owner with one.

I bought a used Frosty Factory double bin frozen drink machine years ago. Not carbonated, but it makes great non-carbonated frozen drinks (like orange creamcicle, frozen lemonade, and blue raspberry). It also makes great frozen adult beverages that are always the hit of the party (like margarita, pina colada, and hurricane). Plus, you would be amazed at the drinks you can make up and freeze that turn out great (I have found that Fresca is the universal mixer and makes great adult beverages in the frozen drink machine). I have even been able to make a reasonable facsimile of the Grand Marnier and Grey Goose orange drink from Epcot.

I have had very little to do maintenance wise on the machine, and nothing that I haven't been able to do myself. They are a pain to clean, but I bought a case of commercial sanitizer and clean it like they do in the restaurants. Also, the thing is really heavy (like 300 pounds), so it is a pain to move around. I ended up building a bar height cart with wheels that it sits on to roll it from storage (I am pretty sure I am the only guy in the neighborhood with a frozen drink machine in his bedroom closet) to where I am going to set it up for a party. Of course, when someone borrows it, we have to deal with taking it out of the cart and carrying it to a truck or SUV, but with 2 people it is doable. If you get one, I would suggest you set it up in a tiled area (not on carpet) because you are going to have sticky stuff to clean up after every use.

#4403 8 years ago
    Quoted from rviguet:

Plus, you would be amazed at the drinks you can make up and freeze that turn out great

You need to look up how to make bourbon slushes right now. You're welcome.

#4404 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Wow, from what movie have you taken this phrase?

Kinda comes with owning a time machine .

#4405 8 years ago

Nice basement layout. You've got some tough choices....but fun ones coming up.

#4406 8 years ago
    Quoted from Eddie:

Some new additions are in the first set and the last 3 pics the others are older pics,
    A Zombie Yeti pic of me that was to be put in RAZA a cool addition to my game room.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    5a.jpg
    10.jpg
    11.jpg
    12.jpg
    14.jpg
    15.jpg
    16.jpg
    17.jpg
    18.jpg
    20.jpg
    21.jpg
    22.jpg
    35.jpg
    50.jpg
    51.jpg
    59.jpg
    69.jpg
    87.jpg
    90.jpg
    New additions
    91.jpg
    92 .jpg
    10354948_10203497029160608_7522030981620601655_n.jpg

I am catching up on this thread. Wow! I've seen your postings for years and figured you would have a nice game room. I am not disappointing! Well done. That looks like an amazing place to hang out and have fun.

#4407 8 years ago

Oh man I have a games house!
    here is the inside room.DSCN1397.jpgDSCN1397.jpgDSCN1398.jpgDSCN1398.jpgDSCN1399.jpgDSCN1399.jpg

#4408 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

which could result in loss of my job and me going AWOL, destroyed credit, bankruptcy, and homelessness.

Homelessness.....the real reason no one time travels....

#4409 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

It'll look something like this:
    Basement.png
    The area the pins are in will be about 14' x 9.5' - just about perfect for 4 machines. I may use the media room as the pin room and place a nice TV where the pins are in this picture. Just too early to really state what my plan will be moving forward

Man, I remember when I had grand ideas about a media room and that changed to maybe just a wall with a TV and a sofa across from it.... Ran all the wires for surround sound and everything. That didn't make out of the paint stage. As soon as I saw the huge flat wall all I could think about is how many pins could fit on it.

Do yourself a favor (I didn't). In the media room make sure you put a lot of outlets. Much like I assume your planning in that smaller space your currently planning to put pins........you can thank me later.

Chris

#4411 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

The area the pins are in will be about 14' x 9.5' - just about perfect for 4 machines.

at 14' wide, you can put two rows of pins facing each other. So I bet you could fit at least 6 there. At the very least, you can fit 5 pins in a row in 14' and still have some space between them. Pins are only 2.5' wide.

#4412 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

at 14' wide, you can put two rows of pins facing each other. So I bet you could fit at least 6 there. At the very least, you can fit 5 pins in a row in 14' and still have some space between them. Pins are only 2.5' wide.

I am with you as long as I can fit between the machines comfortably to work on/diagnose them. I am one of those nutcases that prefers space between my machines in case I have to service them for any reason. I cannot stand moving and shifting my machines every time I have to work on one of them.

#4413 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I am with you as long as I can fit between the machines comfortably to work on/diagnose them. I am one of those nutcases that prefers space between my machines in case I have to service them for any reason. I cannot stand moving and shifting my machines every time I have to work on one of them.

I am with you on that. I need my space!

#4414 8 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

I am with you on that. I need my space!

I used to agree with you guys..... until I bought another pinball machine, and another, and another..... and then I thought.... what the heck.... I know, it sucks big time having to move the machines around whenever I need to do any maintenance, but what can I do?

#4415 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I used to agree with you guys..... until I bought another pinball machine, and another, and another..... and then I thought.... what the heck.... I know, it sucks big time having to move the machines around whenever I need to do any maintenance, but what can I do?

Yeah same here, it's a sickness aint it.

#4416 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I know, it sucks big time having to move the machines around whenever I need to do any maintenance, but what can I do?

Not to come across on obnoxiously obvious, but, not buy so many machines?

Just throwing that out there .

#4417 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah same here, it's a sickness aint it.

Quoted from NPO:

Not to come across on obnoxiously obvious, but, not buy so many machines?
    Just throwing that out there .

I just couldn't find any PA (pinballholic anonymous), meetings around my neighborhood...

#4418 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I am with you as long as I can fit between the machines comfortably to work on/diagnose them.

I don't know how big you are but if you put them in two rows of 3 facing each other, you will have about 6" between heads which should be more than enough.

#4419 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I limited it to 4 in my house (might squeeze it to 5) and then I put the rest in my office......VERY good at keeping up productivity....

#4420 8 years ago

I have 8 pins in a 1 bedroom apartment, 4 facing 4, and I make do with the space im left with. limiting myself to less machines so that I can perform maintenance is ridiculous. Simply bring the pins forward, and voila! Plenty of space to work on the game, left and right. Okay... you may have to crawl under the game.

#4421 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I don't know how big you are but if you put them in two rows of 3 facing each other, you will have about 6" between heads which should be more than enough.

Not so easy for us fatties!

#4422 8 years ago

We do all you guys get the money for all these games? I have 1 pin and I don't know how I could afford to get another, at least not the newer stuff that I would want that is. We are not rich, but we don't live pay check to pay check either. Man I wish I knew what the secret was to having 10+ machines and most of them being new stuff!!

#4423 8 years ago
    Quoted from philwojo:

We do all you guys get the money for all these games? I have 1 pin and I don't know how I could afford to get another, at least not the newer stuff that I would want that is. We are not rich, but we don't live pay check to pay check either. Man I wish I knew what the secret was to having 10+ machines and most of them being new stuff!!

I guess most of all (including myself), starve and don't have lives!

#4424 8 years ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I have 8 pins in a 1 bedroom apartment, 4 facing 4, and I make do with the space im left with. limiting myself to less machines so that I can perform maitenance is rediculous. Simply bring the pins forward, and voila! Plenty of space to work on the game, left and right. Okay... you may have to crawl under the game.

I prefer to move around my pins rather than move my pins around.

It's not so ridiculous depending on how you see it.

Quoted from SealClubber:

I'll help clear it up: 5'9" and 165 lbs.

Now the question is: what are my other 3 games going to be because once MetPro goes I'm down to 3.

#4425 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I prefer to move around my pins rather than move my pins around.
    It's not so ridiculous depending on how you see it.

Different strokes for different folks buddy, you enjoy your 4 pin collection, and ill enjoy my 20+

Btw, ever heard of carpet sliders? Makes the job sooooo much easier.

#4426 8 years ago

Last iteration of the current setup before we start putting up walls and floor in the new room..

PANO_20150615_192034.jpgPANO_20150615_192034.jpg
    #4427 8 years ago

Sounds good....I just hope those zig zag cab "drapes" don't follow the games.

#4428 8 years ago

Ohh they will. They are a requirement from my wife so I can store stuff under them

#4431 8 years ago
    Quoted from philwojo:

How did you afford the one game you own? Just keep repeating that. Haha. For me, I just stopped spending money on some of the things I used to buy all the time. Mainly video games. That and not going to the bars so much anymore (barcades are messing with that part though and I'm not mad about it). Oh, and raises and promotions at work help too. Haha

#4432 8 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Ohh they will. They are a requirement from my wife so I can store stuff under them

Just make sure the carpet matches the drapes!

#4433 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbali:

Just make sure the carpet matches the drapes!

Oh that was cruel....but funny. I just hope she didn't staple them on.

#4434 8 years ago

I have made a "new corner" with my Kiss and the playboy i started the last week end ( no fix needed !).

The cabinet are faded out, but i'm not fluent to restore them . I Preffer to let them in this state .

Ok i need to polish the doors , legs , and to stick a Bally logo

align1.jpgalign1.jpg align2.jpgalign2.jpg
    #4435 8 years ago

Little dude racking up a score on Star Trek at dusk. Next to that are Embryon and Flash Gordon...and my EfNY MAME.image.jpgimage.jpg

#4436 8 years ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Different strokes for different folks buddy, you enjoy your 4 pin collection, and ill enjoy my 20+
    Btw, ever heard of carpet sliders? Makes the job sooooo much easier.

Actually, I am good for 6-7 .

Quoted from NPO:

Guys, I know we're pinheads here, but some of us can actually "hold the line". Some of you are happy with 20,30,50, 100 pins. I am happy with 6-7, and I have plenty of room for that many before I start giving up other hobbies for just one.

As stated before, I don't want that big of a collection, hence, another reason I am good with working space between my pins.

Like you said, different strokes for different folks. I hope you enjoy having 20+ machines; I would go crazy with keeping them all 100% up and running.

Thank you for the carpet sliders suggestion. I prefer Pin Footies though. Carpet sliders tend to warp and come from underneath the leg levelers - at least with my games they did.

#4437 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

As stated before, I don't want that big of a collection, hence, another reason I am good with working space between my pins.
    Like you said, different strokes for different folks. I hope you enjoy having 20+ machines; I would go crazy with keeping them all 100% up and running.

You are in a great place and one I hope to be in at some point. It's been a struggle - I topped 20 and had to sell a bunch to keep my sanity, but on the other hand I like buying pins and I hate selling. I can't stand to have something not right and just keeping 6-7 up can be a pain in the neck if you are OCD enough and they aren't all new. In the future, I'm hoping to whittle it down to 10.

#4438 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Carpet sliders tend to warp and come from underneath the leg levelers - at least with my games they did.

That because you got the wrong ones I have the ones from Home Depot, a package of 8 for about $9. Plastic is nice and thick as is the rubber pads on them. Give them a try.

#4439 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That because you got the wrong ones I have the ones from Home Depot, a package of 8 for about $9. Plastic is nice and thick as is the rubber pads on them. Give them a try.

Yep you have to buy the quality ones I have had everything on sliders for years makes it so much easier to move things around to rearange or service.

#4440 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

Yep you have to buy the quality ones I have had everything on sliders for years makes it so much easier to move things around to rearange or service.

But you do have to be careful and not "nudge" the game too hard. Pisses off some of my friends who get a bit to physical with my games.

#4441 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

I have sliders for moving, but I change them to more stationary pads when I'm not servicing or moving the machines. My thinking is the sliders would make it easier for the machines to move when nudged.

So I keep them on the rubber, then get under the machine on all 4's, and lift with my back on the cabinet to switch to sliders as needed.

Is my swapping unnecessary? Do they not move when played hard even on sliders?

#4442 8 years ago

LOL, looks like MustangPaul answered my question as I typed it... I'll keep switching them out!

#4443 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

But you do have to be careful and not "nudge" the game too hard. Pisses off some of my friends who get a bit to physical with my games.

The friends who are too physical with my games are no longer invited to play. PERIOD!

#4444 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

How did you afford the one game you own? Just keep repeating that. Haha. For me, I just stopped spending money on some of the things I used to buy all the time. Mainly video games. That and not going to the bars so much anymore (barcades are messing with that part though and I'm not mad about it). Oh, and raises and promotions at work help too. Haha

The one I have now, a TAF, was bought over 20+ years ago, and it was a stretch then. I guess my wife and I could do it, but I haven't had a raise or promotion at work in over 5 years, plus I was just laid off a month ago. Ignoring the layoff part we also love to travel, so that is where most of our money goes, that and saving for retirement. We just did Africa last year for 2 weeks, it was amazing, would do it again in a heart beat too.

I just see people on here with 20+ game collections and most of them are $3k+ machines in that group of 20 and I just can see how you can do that, and people aren't doing it over 20 years, they are doing it so quick. I just wish I had that kind of extra money to throw around, just being a bit jealous, love everyone's pics on this thread, one of my favorite threads on here.

Phil

#4445 8 years ago
    Quoted from philwojo:

Man I wish I knew what the secret was to having 10+ machines and most of them being new stuff!!

Get a second job...... I worked Friday night and weekends at a restaurant (software engineer on the weekdays) for over a year and used that extra money to pay off loans and buy pinball machines. Then I used stock options from my full time job to get even more games. Then I used 50% of my bonuses to get games (the other half went to payoff student loans and such). End result is I only have a med sized mortgage, no credit card debit, no student loans, and a room full of games. Kind of a balance between being responsible and still having some extra fun

Of course adding my game room house expansion put a kabosh on getting even more games and paying off the rest of the house (though I didn't take out a loan to build it)

#4446 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rando:

I'll keep switching them out!

With your amount of games that wouldn't be a problem but with 16. I like the Home Depot sliders because they spread the weight out nicely too so the carpet doesn't get permanently dented and they are big enough in diameter that they space the games just perfect. Even though I have memory foam padding under my black light carpet I just don't want to take a chance.

#4447 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

The friends who are too physical with my games are no longer invited to play. PERIOD!

My "physical" friends have learned better by now after I've said WTF a few times.

#4448 8 years ago
    Quoted from philwojo:

I just wish I had that kind of extra money to throw around, just being a bit jealous,

I as well brother. I have no space issues at my home, it's the money thing that takes me a minute to get together. Haha. Love living vicariously through other peoples collections on this thread. So many great game rooms out there.

#4449 8 years ago
    Quoted from philwojo:

The one I have now, a TAF, was bought over 20+ years ago, and it was a stretch then. I guess my wife and I could do it, but I haven't had a raise or promotion at work in over 5 years, plus I was just laid off a month ago. Ignoring the layoff part we also love to travel, so that is where most of our money goes, that and saving for retirement. We just did Africa last year for 2 weeks, it was amazing, would do it again in a heart beat too.
    I just see people on here with 20+ game collections and most of them are $3k+ machines in that group of 20 and I just can see how you can do that, and people aren't doing it over 20 years, they are doing it so quick. I just wish I had that kind of extra money to throw around, just being a bit jealous, love everyone's pics on this thread, one of my favorite threads on here.
    Phil

My wife says we don't travel much because of my pinball machines..... go figure!

#4450 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

My "physical" friends have learned better by now after I've said WTF a few times.

hehe.... I'm at work right now.... tomorrow I'll show you the signs I put on the walls for the guests!!!!!

There are 23,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.