Topic Stats

• 23,853 posts - Hot topic!
  • 2,345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by pinballslave
  • Topic is favorited by 1,121 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6198 (resized).jpeg
    bikes1 (resized).jpg
    adcc8631-0ad1-436f-bac6-b92e38c5e4b1 (resized).jpg
    cde76292-235b-4aeb-93ad-e03a4f86cf0e (resized).jpg
    396724a8-c984-4b78-823c-5182cb817327 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205403289 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205413200 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205452551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205433432 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205443930 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205502934 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205514994 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205521414 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205546968 (resized).jpg
    20240421_204123 (resized).jpg
    20240421_210141 (resized).jpg
    There are 23,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 478.
    #3551 9 years ago

I don't have an electric, but I do use my bristle board quite often. I think it's a great alternative to pinball as a passive, more social activity. It also doesn't take up near the amount of room as similar activities (like pool or foosball).

#3552 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

For those of you who have electronic dartboards, do you find that you get a lot of use out of them? I've been thinking about buying a nice one for a while now.

Electronic dart boards pull in the casual crowd and are very safe, for people and walls. Usually get played at parties. When with family, we gravitate towards the pins and super chexx.

I actually prefer to play steel tips and bristle boards. But the mrs. Likes the electronic.

#3553 9 years ago

Heck yes on the darts...when friends are over watching the game or being more 'social' in general, it's a great alternative to the constant focus needed to play the Pins. i.e... throw a dart, drink a beer, throw a dart, yell at the game... etc. You get the idea.

#3554 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I actually prefer to play steel tips and bristle boards ...

I do too, but I don't like the idea of my kids and their friends playing with real darts. That's just a disaster waiting to happen.

#3555 9 years ago

If you're talking about getting a full stand-up dart machine, you should evaluate your concern for your kids safety against space and price.

The stand-up machines are relatively expensive, but any of the wall mount boards (electronic or otherwise) are really quite cheap, especially when compared to the one hobby we all have in common.

Make sure you mount it on an exterior wall, it helps to dampen the noise slightly. Bristle boards are surprisingly quiet, and offer a really satisfying sound..

I know you already said you want plastic, but hear me out for one minute.. If you don't skimp on a bristle board, you can actually throw plastic darts into it (with good hard tips). Lock away your steel tip darts, and let the kids throw plastic darts into a bristle board!

#3556 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

If you're talking about getting a full stand-up dart machine, you should evaluate your concern for your kids safety against space and price.

The stand-up machines are relatively expensive, but any of the wall mount boards (electronic or otherwise) are really quite cheap, especially when compared to the one hobby we all have in common.

Make sure you mount it on an exterior wall, it helps to dampen the noise slightly. Bristle boards are surprisingly quiet, and offer a really satisfying sound..

I know you already said you want plastic, but hear me out for one minute.. If you don't skimp on a bristle board, you can actually throw plastic darts into it (with good hard tips). Lock away your steel tip darts, and let the kids throw plastic darts into a bristle board!

I still have this board for sale. It is a VERY good board. But I replaced it with an 8 foot Dart Star with 20 inch monitor.

Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 Soft-Tip Dart Game - Tournament-quality electronic dartboard for up to 8 players--40 games with 179 options (7 Cricket)Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 Soft-Tip Dart Game - Tournament-quality electronic dartboard for up to 8 players--40 games with 179 options (7 Cricket)
    http://www.amazon.com/Arachnid-Cricket-Soft-Tip-Dart-Game/dp/B000HJT0Q4

#3557 9 years ago

Max....that room is friggin' awesome.

#3558 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I still have this board for sale. It is a VERY good board. But I replaced it with an 8 foot Dart Star with 20 inch monitor.
    Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 Soft-Tip Dart Game - Tournament-quality electronic dartboard for up to 8 players--40 games with 179 options (7 Cricket)
    amazon.com link »

716MrXT3FBS._SL1289_.jpg 145 KB

I'll give ya $25 for it

#3559 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

I'll give ya $25 for it

It is a $250 board on Amazon lol You can do better. Shipping is about $40 via UPS.

#3562 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

$50 final offer

I would rather destroy it and not let you have it than take your $50 lol

#3563 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I would rather destroy it and not let you have it than take your $50 lol

MAKE IT SO !!

#3564 9 years ago

My game room has received some updates.

Its still in transition, a lot of new shit is happening down here right now (non pin related) so the next pic I upload should be super tit.

20150207_124309.jpg20150207_124309.jpg
    #3565 9 years ago

This is the Best Thread in the History of the Internet

#3566 9 years ago

Regarding darts... Love it

I bought a half dozen sets of pretty good tungsten darts of various weights.

Went for a legit bristleboard too. There is nothing like the feel, "thud" & etc of a quality bristleboard. Electronic boards are sweet but it just ain't the same. I use a darts scoreboard app on my iPad to keep it fun & simple.

The light I use casts no shadows & does not blind you when retrieving your darts after a toss. It's a real glass neon tube encased in THICK polycarbonate plastic with customizable art on the front.

I really enjoy slamming the booze while cranking Beastie Boys & playing darts with my friends. There's so much strategy in shutting out a # to save your nuts vs exploiting a # to defeat your friends. It's like a f***ing mind war sometimes but also laid back. Couldn't go without em. Just get a good app to keep score!

Here's a link to the guy who makes the lights.

http://www.dartlight.com/The_Circumluminator_Dart_Light/The_Circumluminator.html

image.jpgimage.jpg
    image-984.jpgimage-984.jpg

#3567 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Its still in transition, a lot of new shit is happening down here right now (non pin related) so the next pic I upload should be super tit.

I notice your deck collection. I was just recently looking into skateboard decks for wall art. But was thinking about putting them on the ceiling. Has anyone done this yet? My game room consists of two rooms with a walkway between them. One smaller than the other. would be about 12x11 foot and the entire ceiling would be skate decks. Just an idea and would like to see if anyone has any photos of this?

#3568 9 years ago

I originally had decks mounted to the drywall boxes that enclose the support beams.

Decided to relocate em to the new Foose area.

Now I want more so it looks like I can start buying new ones for the support posts again lmao. It's a sickness... don't get into collecting decks. I suspect by the end of 2015 I will have 25+ mounted to the walls

Not sure about the ceiling. I mean it's cool but you can't stand there & appreciate them the same way with comfort & proper lighting. Speaking of lighting... I am installing a dimmable halogen track spotlight on the ceiling maybe this weekend in an effort to illuminate the decks. For this pic I just threw a desk lamp on my Foose table tho

20150129_081151.jpg20150129_081151.jpg

#3569 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I originally had decks mounted to the drywall boxes that enclose the support beams.

Now I want more so it looks like I can start buying new ones for the support posts again lmao. It's a sickness... don't get into collecting decks. I suspect by the end of 2015 I will have 25+ mounted to the walls

Not sure about the ceiling. I mean it's cool but you can't stand there & appreciate them the same way with comfort & proper lighting. Speaking of lighting... I am installing a dimmable halogen track spotlight on the ceiling maybe this weekend in an effort to illuminate the decks. For this pic I just threw a desk lamp on my Foose table tho

Good point about not being able to appreciate the art when its on the ceiling. I am actually a die hard snowboarder, but sadly they take up too much space on the wall. I only skateboarded as a kid, mostly mountain boarding. But I appreciate the art and they fit the walls/space much better. Also, a $35 deck versus a $700 board x 25 lol

Also, tomorrow 8am. The arcade construction begins. French doors that open out. For easy pin entry. New outlets and upgraded breaker. No more 2 prong and low amps. The bar will be built after the pins are in. Next weekend they get transplanted from the old arcade "scattered around the entire house" to one dedicated game room Outlets in the ceiling for all my neon lights as well.

#3570 9 years ago
    Quoted from iJeremy:

Some great ideas in this thread! I just started collecting this year and my 'game room' doesn't really measure up to some of the beasts in this Topic but I'm looking forward to refining it in the coming years. Here's the start:

image.jpg 237 KB

image-374.jpg 284 KB

image-473.jpg 398 KB

image-312.jpg 210 KB

image-506.jpg 293 KB

image-220.jpg 356 KB

image-980.jpg 299 KB

image-461.jpg 263 KB

I lived in Overland Park for 13 years before moving to Texas 7 years ago. Overland Park has some of the best basements anywhere! Miss those the most since Texas has no basements. Is yours a walk out? I am betting that the pinballs will push the pool table out of the house within a year! Haha!

#3571 9 years ago

Also starting to research for "modern" LCD jukeboxes. Wall hanging style. Anyone know whats the best brand/product?

No idea how much this costs, WAY out of my budget. But along these lines is what I am looking for.
    virtuo-1-thumb-550xauto-58595.jpgvirtuo-1-thumb-550xauto-58595.jpg

However, I am thinking about another idea. Is I mount a 20 inch touch screen computer into the bar top. If it is a glass display like many touch screens are now. I could add a seal around the edge so its waterproof. Then add a clear protective film on the screen so drinks can still sit on it. Granted it could break easy. So maybe a sliding glass shield that can go over it. When you want to interact with it you just slide the door open.

Or one of these.
    the_rock-ola_countertop_jukebox.-ts4o2061kw_1n.jpgthe_rock-ola_countertop_jukebox.-ts4o2061kw_1n.jpg

But, then I wonder why I don't just build one. You can buy touchscreen monitors from $70+ on ebay. Crazy cheap and fun addition to a gameroom.
    IMG_0373.jpgIMG_0373.jpg

#3572 9 years ago

$35 a deck?

2-3 of those sticks on the wall are $300 each (fully populated).

Most decks are $70-$200 before hardware. It's one of those things full of limited runs & all the cool shit sells out costin 300%-500% more later on. Timing is everything & sometimes its either too late so ya gotta overpay. Other times ya overpay to avoid waiting another 6 mos for a deck to pop up again.

Still better than $700 lol

#3573 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

$35 a deck?

2 of those sticks on the wall are $300 fully populated.

Most decks are $70-$200 before hardware. It's one of those things full of limited runs & all the cool shit sells out costin 300%-500% more later on. Timing is everything & sometimes its either too late so ya gotta overpay. Other times ya overpay to avoid waiting another 6 mos for a deck to pop up again.

Still better than $700 tho lol

Oh I meant just an average print board like - http://gear.blizzard.com/index.php/default/more-products/diablo-skateboard-deck-diablo-b61333.html

But I imagine I will be spending on the $150+ when I start shopping for deck art. As for the trucks I will prob buy bulk and cheap ones. But I bet I will get caught up in designer wheels too. At least I aint addicted to crack. Just collecting quality things. lol

#3574 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Regarding darts... Love it
    I bought a half dozen sets of pretty good tungsten darts of various weights.
    Went for a legit bristleboard too. There is nothing like the feel, "thud" & etc of a quality bristleboard. Electronic boards are sweet but it just ain't the same. I use a darts scoreboard app on my iPad to keep it fun & simple.
    The light I use casts no shadows & does not blind you when retrieving your darts after a toss. It's a real glass neon tube encased in THICK polycarbonate plastic with customizable art on the front.
    I really enjoy slamming the booze while cranking Beastie Boys & playing darts with my friends. There's so much strategy in shutting out a # to save your nuts vs exploiting a # to defeat your friends. It's like a fucking mind war sometimes but also laid back. Couldn't go without em. Just get a good app to keep score!
    Here's a link to the guy who makes the lights.
    http://www.dartlight.com/The_Circumluminator_Dart_Light/The_Circumluminator.html

image.jpg 397 KB

image-984.jpg 282 KB

Boy...that sure looks great! Just checked out their website...doesn't have prices unless you send in an order form. Can you give a ballpark price on them? Are they battery operated or plug in?

#3575 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I do too, but I don't like the idea of my kids and their friends playing with real darts. That's just a disaster waiting to happen.

My thoughts exactly. We're old and responsible. #getOffMyLawn

#3576 9 years ago

I lived in Overland Park for 13 years before moving to Texas 7 years ago. Overland Park has some of the best basements anywhere! Miss those the most since Texas has no basements. Is yours a walk out? I am betting that the pinballs will push the pool table out of the house within a year! Haha!

What's the deal with the KC area and basements? I know two people in Lee's Summit that have half court basketball courts in their basement, with full gymnasium ceiling. You walk down to the basement then there's more steps to the basketball court. Too bad neither are into pinball.

#3577 9 years ago

Boy...that sure looks great! Just checked out their website...doesn't have prices unless you send in an order form. Can you give a ballpark price on them? Are they battery operated or plug in?

It was years ago so I'm sure it's adjusted for inflation & although I can't really remember I'd says expect to pay $350-$500?

Not sure if thats with shipping & custom art at that price.

It plugs into an outlet

#3578 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

My thoughts exactly. We're old and responsible. #getOffMyLawn

I've gotta quote this in case it got lost in my long winded post above..

If you don't skimp on a bristle board, you can actually throw plastic darts into it (with good hard tips). Lock away your steel tip darts, and let the kids throw plastic darts into a bristle board!

#3579 9 years ago

I would seriously consider an Arachnid Galaxy 3. It's damn pricey, but it's not really that expensive when you compare it to the cost of a NIB Stern. Is it overkill for a home machine? Of course it is, but hey, you only live once!

#3580 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I would seriously consider an Arachnid Galaxy 3. It's damn pricey, but it's not really that expensive when you compare it to the cost of a NIB Stern. Is it overkill for a home machine? Of course it is, but hey, you only live once!

You can find a Dart Star for about $300-$400 if you are lucky like I was. Otherwise they are in the $900 range. I built a clean enclosure for a square aspect ratio 20 inch monitor. Matches the color and texture of the cabinet with a 1/4 inch plexy shield. However, it makes the machine about 8 feet tall. But, take my word for it. 20 inch display on that machine is amazing. I would take a photo of the one I modified but I am at the new house. All my machines are so far away

dark-star-electronic-dart-board-with-crt-monitor-425-monroe-americanlisted_28586325.jpgdark-star-electronic-dart-board-with-crt-monitor-425-monroe-americanlisted_28586325.jpg

It also looks better when you remove all the stickers so it is just black.

#3581 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

20150206_173144.jpg 275 KB

Where did you get that poster of Alex? Its awesome!

#3582 9 years ago

My mini gameroom at my brother's house. I live in a 600 sq. ft. apartment and he has a roomy house in the suburbs. He's picking up a DE SW and I'm getting a Congo soon!

IMG_3868.JPGIMG_3868.JPG

#3583 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

20150129_081151.jpg 316 KB

Sweet. I have the last three of my decks from when I was a kid (they are well used, wish they were mint) left. Always wanted to mount them!

#3584 9 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

My mini gameroom at my brother's house. I live in a 600 sq. ft. apartment and he has a roomy house in the suburbs. He's picking up a DE SW and I'm getting a Congo soon!

At my peak I had a Daytona USA twin, Silent Scope, Pump it Up, Area 51 and 2 pins in my 600 sqft. apartment and you have to keep 2 machines at your brothers house? It's time to get rid of the living room and start really living.

#3585 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Love the collection!

Can I ask how you mount them to the wall? Are they easily removable?

#3586 9 years ago
    Quoted from MadPole:

Where did you get that poster of Alex? Its awesome!

Those are all hand painted canvas by my wife.

Quoted from Cursed:

Love the collection!
    Can I ask how you mount them to the wall? Are they easily removable?

ebay.com link: 10 Woodys Skateboard Deck Wall Mount Display Hangers Vintage or New

#3587 9 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry couldn't resist.

#3588 9 years ago

Newest additions today, DE JP, cruisin' USA and Big Gamee Hunter:

image-686.jpgimage-686.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#3589 9 years ago

Heres our modest pin collection:

0207151939.jpg0207151939.jpg 0207151940.jpg0207151940.jpg
    #3590 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fuse:

Here's my room, unfortunately I only own the sttng as far as pins, the rest I fix and shop for a guy. Sold all my arcades except for the ms pac since my wife loves it and then spent half my life building the mame machine!

That Juke is awesome looking. I've never wanted one until now...

What's with the castle stuff at the back of the room - epic MM rebuild?

Quoted from Strange:

This is the Best Thread in the History of the Internet

+1000000

Never an issue, only love for pinball, hundreds of ideas, inspiration, creativity, I love each and every one of your rooms!

#3591 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

That Juke is awesome looking. I've never wanted one until now...
    What's with the castle stuff at the back of the room - epic MM rebuild?

+1000000
    Never an issue, only love for pinball, hundreds of ideas, inspiration, creativity, I love each and every one of your rooms!

Lol. Yeah I have to have some kind of mm in the basement while I wait for my mmr. Actually it's just my daughters play castle to colour. Thanks

#3592 9 years ago

I have an old Dart Star 2000 I bought for $20. Works fine. Just needed a new monitor. It really only gets played during parties but it is never sitting idle then. IMO, buy a used dart machine. They don't get much wear.

#3593 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

20150129_081151.jpg 316 KB

This reminds me of the MUSKA rising sun deck from Shorty's. My very first personal board back in the day.

#3594 9 years ago

Pics of the game room during the super bowl.

image-810.jpgimage-810.jpg
    #3596 9 years ago

Added the Monsters translight to my MET Pro and speaker lights with covers
    Gameroom 2.8.2015.JPGGameroom 2.8.2015.JPG

#3597 9 years ago

You guys/gals have some really great game rooms. Sadly, mine is a partially finished basement with only one machine and a tiny little plasma hung on the wall. But.....my wife and I are looking for a bigger house and my requirements are a big a$$ finished basement and a garage that can hold two cars and two motorcycles. She gets to pick the rest of the house.

I want more machines, but she won't let me buy anymore until after we move.

#3598 9 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Added the Monsters translight to my MET Pro and speaker lights with covers

Gameroom 2.8.2015.JPG 379 KB

Great line up

#3599 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

You guys/gals have some really great game rooms. Sadly, mine is a partially finished basement with only one machine and a tiny little plasma hung on the wall. But.....my wife and I are looking for a bigger house and my requirements are a big a$$ finished basement and a garage that can hold two cars and two motorcycles. She gets to pick the rest of the house.
    I want more machines, but she won't let me buy anymore until after we move.

All good things come to he who waits.....or something like that. Hope ya find your house soon.

#3600 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

If your Time Fantasy needs a new backglass, I can highly recommend the one bgresto did for me.

There are 23,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 478.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.