Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 445 of 477.
    #22201 10 months ago
    Quoted from Days:

this is a great software! thank you for sharing!

You are welcome, as said i'm happy to promote good products from good vendors. It helps everybody.

#22202 10 months ago

Got back from vacation and missed my game room.

#22203 10 months ago

Here is my ‘open air” game room! Got the a/c, invader carpet tile design, darts and arcade for variety, and most of my pins!

IMG_0069 (resized).jpegIMG_0069 (resized).jpegIMG_0072 (resized).jpegIMG_0072 (resized).jpegIMG_0070 (resized).jpegIMG_0070 (resized).jpegIMG_0073 (resized).jpegIMG_0073 (resized).jpeg

#22204 10 months ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Heres my Little Row,unfortunately I need to move My Deadpool due to space issues.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Godzilla topper looks decent!

My Rush is supposed to arrive today. Fingers crossed.

#22205 10 months ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Here is my ‘open air” game room! Got the a/c, invader carpet tile design, darts and arcade for variety, and most of my pins!

Like the floor tile design.

#22206 10 months ago

Can we talk about your multicade with the crt monitor? Did you make it? If so, was it a pain to get it to work with a crt in 4:3? Is it a tri sync monitor? I'm so up in the air on a multicade... I had a double dribble arcade years ago I wired in a seg and loved it. 20+ years later crt monitors are hard to come by and a cost money to get rid of. I was thinking of an arcade1up for space and time saving until I saw how cramped the controls are, especially for a 4 player game. So really pondering long and hard on what to do. Thinking maybe just a single dedicated cabinet, but all the games I would want dedicated are $$$, so it'd probably be cheaper to do MAME or something like that. Just want it to feel like a real arcade OR be super cheap to pull off, then I can deal with a hodgepodge job.

#22207 10 months ago
    Quoted from bobwiley:

Can we talk about your multicade with the crt monitor? Did you make it? If so, was it a pain to get it to work with a crt in 4:3? Is it a tri sync monitor? I'm so up in the air on a multicade... I had a double dribble arcade years ago I wired in a seg and loved it. 20+ years later crt monitors are hard to come by and a cost money to get rid of. I was thinking of an arcade1up for space and time saving until I saw how cramped the controls are, especially for a 4 player game. So really pondering long and hard on what to do. Thinking maybe just a single dedicated cabinet, but all the games I would want dedicated are $$$, so it'd probably be cheaper to do MAME or something like that. Just want it to feel like a real arcade OR be super cheap to pull off, then I can deal with a hodgepodge job.

It’s just a JAMMA cab using a cheap Chinese multi board, I’m probably into it $600 all told. If I wanted to plug in real JAMMA boards I could tho making it as authentic as it gets, but I only have an SF2 board with glitchy graphics and a NeoGeo board with no cartridges lol.

#22208 10 months ago
    Quoted from bobwiley:

So I built this one (4p MAME) about 12 years ago around a 27" CRT.
    20220507_104522 (resized).jpg20220507_104522 (resized).jpg

Control panel is 4ft wide, so enough space to get 4 in, but also works OK with 2. Whole thing probably cost me $700 in parts, and a bunch of labour to build. The biggest pain in the ass is by far having a PC that can interface to a CRT well. I'm using an old ATI card that has s-video output, which works pretty well, and gets you a decent picture for those weird resolutions that old games have. It's also a pain to move, but it does come apart. I did have to replace the TV in it a year ago, but was still able to find a free one locally. They're getting harder to find though, so when this one dies, I'm not sure what I'll do.

If I had it to do over again though, I'd probably just use an LCD or something and maybe put a scaler between the PC and the display. Could also just build the whole thing around a MISTer now too for FPGA based emulation.

#22209 10 months ago

Not a pin, but recently acquired one of my grails - a super high tech washing machine from Japan (aka WACCA). If you know, you know

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #22210 10 months ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Not a pin, but recently acquired one of my grails - a super high tech washing machine from Japan (aka WACCA). If you know, you know
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is why I love this site. This is so random and different and honestly something I didn’t even know existed.

Very cool and thanks for sharing!

#22211 10 months ago

Hello, i come to Pinside very often since i discovered the forum 2 years ago, and by far this is my favorite topic from all my favorite topics i follow, and i follow more than 30! This topic always inspire me, i discover new ideas, new things, and makes me dream of my future game room!
    So now is the time to share with you my game room!
    Pinside_forum_7317395_3181520 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7317395_3181520 (resized).jpg

well, ok ok, it's how it looked some months ago, today it looks like this:

Pinside_forum_7611880_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7611880_1 (resized).jpg

Not fully finished yet, still some stuff to do, and if you want to see all the process from beginning until now, and future updates,
    i invite you to follow the topic here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-see-my-pleasure-room-the-project

you can already see on the topic some videos of me eating dust, doing strange calculations, doing the epoxy floor, and soon, the led system i will apply in all the game room, the rest of my pinball collection, the other strange projects, and.... la creme de la creme.... how it will look the entrance door to my game room, for those who think: Hooo must be a secret door!
    well, could be, but it will be way more than that!
    Wait and see!

#22212 10 months ago

Today my LOTR and STNG came from the place it was stocked ( my neighbour's basement) to my game room.
    the Sorcerer, world Cup 94 and judge dredd that I have stocked in another friend's house will join the team by the end of the next week!
    And Sunday I will install the leds to have a lovely moody lights

IMG_20230608_013600.jpgIMG_20230608_013600.jpgIMG_20230608_013702.jpgIMG_20230608_013702.jpg

IMG_20230608_013908.jpgIMG_20230608_013908.jpg
    #22213 10 months ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

I would argue MaiMai is the true washing machine . Definitely a washer/dryer combo. I have one I really need to move into my basement. What's funny is when I picked it up the guy had no idea the two cabs split in half.

PXL_20211029_164336771 (resized).jpgPXL_20211029_164336771 (resized).jpg
    #22214 10 months ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

There is one local to me, its cool as hell!

#22215 10 months ago

I had never seen a Mai Mai before, looks fun to play

#22216 10 months ago

Is there a recommended way to hang the Stern banners on your wall or door? I’ve acquired a couple but have yet to put them up. Just wondering if there’s a preferred tape or alternative that people go with

#22217 10 months ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

Is there a recommended way to hang the Stern banners on your wall or door? I’ve acquired a couple but have yet to put them up. Just wondering if there’s a preferred tape or alternative that people go with

I use 3m Velcro strips - they work great.

IMG_0911 (resized).jpegIMG_0911 (resized).jpeg
    #22218 10 months ago

Velcro? Do the banners need to be removable or something? That is sort of the point of Velcro, no? Won't it leave adhesive residue on the wall when the wall strip is removed, if not paint damage?

The banners do have grommets... I would use Command Strip hooks to hang by the grommets if I was worried about the wall.

Which is to say I wouldn’t be, my walls are covered with items and I'm always rearranging them as I acquire more, cooler stuff, so there are already tons of tiny holes. Small nails or large push pins are about all I use, except for on the heavy stuff.

I'm finally getting close to having the whole game room and bar presentable, and will be posting pics before long.

#22219 10 months ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

I use 3m Velcro strips - they work great.[quoted image]

I remember RC cola from when I was in the South,Do they still make it.Nice decorations

#22220 10 months ago

I used to have RC Cola once in a blue moon, but I prefer Pepsi.
    RC cola versus Pepsi (resized).jpgRC cola versus Pepsi (resized).jpg

#22221 10 months ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I remember RC cola from when I was in the South,Do they still make it.Nice decorations

Yep they still make it! My favorite is still the original Coca Cola though…

#22222 10 months ago

I concur!

Quoted from John-Floyd:Yep they still make it! My favorite is still the original Coca Cola though…

#22223 10 months ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Velcro? Do the banners need to be removable or something? That is sort of the point of Velcro, no? Won't it leave adhesive residue on the wall when the wall strip is removed, if not paint damage?

I just used those 3m strips because I felt it was the easiest way to get them up centered and spaced properly. It’s a very clean and tidy look. I don’t move them around but when I’ve had to, it doesn’t cause any paint damage.

#22224 10 months ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

I just used those 3m strips because I felt it was the easiest way to get them up centered and spaced properly. It’s a very clean and tidy look. I don’t move them around but when I’ve had to, it doesn’t cause any pant damage.

Not like a small nail or a large pin would?

#22225 10 months ago
    Quoted from Days:

Today my LOTR and STNG came from the place it was stocked ( my neighbour's basement) to my game room.
    the Sorcerer, world Cup 94 and judge dredd that I have stocked in another friend's house will join the team by the end of the next week!
    And Sunday I will install the leds to have a lovely moody lights

Hobbit and LOTR are a couple of my dream pins! Very nice. Some day I will have them both as well.

#22226 10 months ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I used to have RC Cola once in a blue moon, but I prefer Pepsi.
    [quoted image]

I see what You did there.

#22227 10 months ago

Pics of my updated little gameroom; TZ out, GZPre, AlienLV and TBL in:

20230609_121214 (resized).jpg20230609_121214 (resized).jpg20230609_121258 (resized).jpg20230609_121258 (resized).jpg20230609_121330 (resized).jpg20230609_121330 (resized).jpg20230609_121744 (resized).jpg20230609_121744 (resized).jpg20230609_121909 (resized).jpg20230609_121909 (resized).jpg20230609_121534 (resized).jpg20230609_121534 (resized).jpg20230609_121940 (resized).jpg20230609_121940 (resized).jpg20230609_121811 (resized).jpg20230609_121811 (resized).jpg20230609_122043 (resized).jpg20230609_122043 (resized).jpg

#22228 10 months ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

Pics of my updated little gameroom; TZ out, GZPre, AlienLV and TBL in:
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Jealous of TBL

#22229 10 months ago

I love the BTTF dashboard! You need to get some original stadium seats in your Baseball corner!

Quoted from Scotty_K:Pics of my updated little gameroom; TZ out, GZPre, AlienLV and TBL in:
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#22230 10 months ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

Pics of my updated little gameroom;

Man that’s just a hell of a room in general, nice one.

#22231 10 months ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I love the BTTF dashboard! You need to get some original stadium seats in your Baseball corner!

Thanks. The BTTF time circuits display "works", in that it keeps the correct time on the middle display. The top and bottom displays will rotate in time intervals showing times from the films. You can imput a new destination time using the keyboard, and then press the button and it will then "send" you to that time, now showing the destination as the present time, and keeping correct time after that; the former present time then moves to the last time departed.

I built it from a kit. It was a fun little project.

As an aside, you'll also see a HAL9000 on the same wall, between the TV and the lit beer sign. My wife gets really creeped out when he starts talking...

#22232 10 months ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

I built it from a kit. It was a fun little project.

Love it! Can you share any more info?

#22233 10 months ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Ditto. I've actually looked at a few soldering kit clocks to practice soldering but have not pulled the trigger on one. That looks neat!

#22234 10 months ago

Love me some BTTF, but that HAL would be awesome.

#22235 10 months ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Can do better than that. Here's the website that I ordered it from:

https://circuitsetup.us/product/complete-time-circuits-display-kit/?v=7516fd43adaa

They have a neat video posted showing what it can do.

It looks to be out of stock at the moment, but from past experience the turn around time on these is fairly reasonable. There is a waiting list to get on (not too many).

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Ditto. I've actually looked at a few soldering kit clocks to practice soldering but have not pulled the trigger on one. That looks neat!

Interestingly, no solder necessary. All electronics are plug-n-play. The most time-consuming part for me was the prep and painting of the enclosures (3d printed ABS). However, they also have an aluminum option, but it costs a bit more.

Quoted from Groo:

Love me some BTTF, but that HAL would be awesome.

No kit for that, I'm afraid. I scratch built that.

#22236 10 months ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I've actually looked at a few soldering kit clocks to practice soldering but have not pulled the trigger on one.

Since the amazing BTTF kit does not require soldering, I'd recommend this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0711MHKDZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

I bought it before I needed to do some board work and this was great to practice on.

IIRC, the instructions weren't great, so I followed this video (or one similar):

#22237 10 months ago
    Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Hobbit and LOTR are a couple of my dream pins! Very nice. Some day I will have them both as well.

i wish you that the dream comes true, it's two amazing pins!

#22238 10 months ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

Can do better than that. Here's the website that I ordered it from:
    https://circuitsetup.us/product/complete-time-circuits-display-kit/?v=7516fd43adaa
    They have a neat video posted showing what it can do.
    It looks to be out of stock at the moment, but from past experience the turn around time on these is fairly reasonable. There is a waiting list to get on (not too many).

Interestingly, no solder necessary. All electronics are plug-n-play. The most time-consuming part for me was the prep and painting of the enclosures (3d printed ABS). However, they also have an aluminum option, but it costs a bit more.

No kit for that, I'm afraid. I scratch built that.

That is sweet! And I have just the right place to put that...

IMG_0916 (resized).JPGIMG_0916 (resized).JPGIMG_0918 (resized).JPGIMG_0918 (resized).JPG
    #22239 10 months ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

Thanks. The BTTF time circuits display "works", in that it keeps the correct time on the middle display.
    .I built it from a kit. It was a fun little project.

Until your lil' one takes it outside without asking to build his time machine and leaves in in the sun and you find it on the driveway with the platic all warped from the sun... Not that this happened to me last week or anything... Sigh...

#22240 10 months ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

What game is that on the table? Round in shape with large red chips, I don't recognize it.

#22241 10 months ago

Game room coming together. Was thinking about brick wall paper or some other faux brick but I wen with the providence thin brick from lowes with mortar. Limited to 6 pins and once I finally find ES Ill be at capacity.
    89B24C86-216A-483C-85A2-919159F2068D (resized).jpeg89B24C86-216A-483C-85A2-919159F2068D (resized).jpeg

7B0C3F0E-AC43-4849-A8D3-63988B163EAA (resized).jpeg7B0C3F0E-AC43-4849-A8D3-63988B163EAA (resized).jpeg
    #22242 10 months ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

What game is that on the table? Round in shape with large red chips, I don't recognize it.

That's one version of a carom board.

#22243 10 months ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

It's called Crokinole, Canadian table top game with shuffle board elements. Very fun and addictive!

#22244 10 months ago

The new setup is looking great billsfanmd

#22245 10 months ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

Game room coming together. Was thinking about brick wall paper or some other faux brick but I wen with the providence thin brick from lowes with mortar. Limited to 6 pins and once I finally find ES Ill be at capacity.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Looking really good! That brick looks real - is this room an extension? The timbers look great.

#22246 10 months ago

had a table/shelf made for my prewar pins. Took some time to clean up a bit. Also posted this to http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2023/06/arcade-update-new-shelf-for-prewar-pins.html
    20230608_105606 (resized).jpg20230608_105606 (resized).jpg
    20230608_110130 (resized).jpg20230608_110130 (resized).jpg
    20230608_105636 (resized).jpg20230608_105636 (resized).jpg
    20230608_105658 (resized).jpg20230608_105658 (resized).jpg
    20230608_105722 (resized).jpg20230608_105722 (resized).jpg
    20230608_105726 (resized).jpg20230608_105726 (resized).jpg
    20230608_110716 (resized).jpg20230608_110716 (resized).jpg
    20230608_105806 (resized).jpg20230608_105806 (resized).jpg

#22247 10 months ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Looking really good! That brick looks real - is this room an extension? The timbers look great.

thanks everyone. Wanted a log home forever but we settled on the beach so I made the gameroom rustic. Its real brick from lowe's made for walls... Looks better in person, like an old warehouse. The timbers are 6 inch pine from home depot that you beat the crap out of with every tool you have and stain and glue together. they look like 6 x 6 farm house lumber.

#22248 10 months ago
    Quoted from cait001:

had a table/shelf made for my prewar pins. Took some time to clean up a bit. Also posted this to http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2023/06/arcade-update-new-shelf-for-prewar-pins.html
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Love the GYRUS and MAPPY.

#22249 10 months ago

Remodeling our house and was finally able to set my pinball machines in their new rooms. Lots of work went into the main room with the tray ceiling, LEDs, black paint and stained wood accent.

IMG_9510 (resized).jpegIMG_9510 (resized).jpegIMG_9511 (resized).jpegIMG_9511 (resized).jpegIMG_9514 (resized).jpegIMG_9514 (resized).jpegIMG_9521 (resized).jpegIMG_9521 (resized).jpeg
    #22250 10 months ago
    Quoted from cait001:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Love all the old marquees. I want your Moon Cresta!

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 445 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/445 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.