Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 443 of 477.
    #22101 11 months ago
    Quoted from Marshall_ry:

Really hoping to change out some of this soon
    [quoted image]

Is your Simpsons a multicade? Curious if Killer instant hets played more or Simpsons. For variety I like the idea of a multicade, but my gut tells me a dedicated game would get more play. Dunno why I think that. I guess I just think people would get confused/can't bother with selecting a game and learning controls or they would just scroll like they do netflix, just spending time looking rather than playing. What's your experience? Are you limiting the space saving of the 1up arcades or do you secretly yearn for a full size arcade?

#22102 11 months ago
    Quoted from bobwiley:

Is your Simpsons a multicade? Curious if Killer instant hets played more or Simpsons. For variety I like the idea of a multicade, but my gut tells me a dedicated game would get more play. Dunno why I think that. I guess I just think people would get confused/can't bother with selecting a game and learning controls or they would just scroll like they do netflix, just spending time looking rather than playing. What's your experience? Are you limiting the space saving of the 1up arcades or do you secretly yearn for a full size arcade?

Yes, Simpsons is a multicade. I made what I consider to be a fairly good favorites list on it of 40ish games to keep it manageable when someone approaches it. Multicades like mine definitely have their downsides through. If I want to play a fighter game I’m playing Killer Instinct before pulling up a fighting game on the multicade.

If my space was unlimited I’d probably replace my multicade with 5-6 arcades and they’d get an equal amount of my time, but considering everything it serves it’s role decently.

The 1ups serve a role for my too. If my young kids get a little rough with them I don’t care much as I’m only in $200 each on them.

My space is tight and I tried to get as much as I reasonably could into it. 6-8 people can have a good time

#22103 11 months ago

Pinballprints.com is live, so anyone interested in the patents poster can purchase it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinballprintscom

There is a 10% off discount at checkout for Pinsiders using the code: PINSIDEMAY23.

I created a separate thread, so comments, questions, etc. don't jam up this thread. Thanks for your encouragement and for checking out the site!

-David

#22104 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

Really nice mix of pins and other games. Can I ask where you got the huge dual beanbags?

They are Love Sac.

#22105 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

Really nice mix of pins and other games. Can I ask where you got the huge dual beanbags?

They are Love Sac.

Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Really nice setup! Which do you have more money in, pinballs or legos?

Probably more in the pins at this point. Just added a Foo LE machine to the group.

#22106 11 months ago
    Quoted from kustomtheater:

Probably more in the pins at this point. Just added a Foo LE machine to the group.

LOL, just happened to get back from visiting a LEGO store tonight with my grandson. Man, do they have some really impressive sets now, but also expensive. He of course loved the Millenium Falcon and AT-AT models they had on display, only $850 a piece!

#22107 11 months ago

I e got both of them. You should be a good dad and buy them and let him watch you build them!

#22108 11 months ago

LOL, just happened to get back from visiting a LEGO store tonight with my grandson. Man, do they have some really impressive sets now, but also expensive. He of course loved the Millenium Falcon and AT-AT models they had on display, only $850 a piece!

less than the price of a topper,what a steal.

#22109 11 months ago
    Quoted from drwicket:

I e got both of them. You should be a good dad and buy them and let him watch you build them!

We got the Bugatti Chiron kit for Christmas two years ago as a father-son project. I was quickly relegated to getting the pieces for the next step and QC. I wasn’t “allowed” to build.

#22110 11 months ago

I'll see your picture game rooms and raise you a video tour!

Welcome to my happy place!

Loving the hobby and the collection. Arcade Marquees are backlit with a cheap amazon LED strip light that goes all the way around the room (well, 3 strips but still).

P3 has Heist, Cosmic Cart, and Weird AL. Actually just switched the art out on it today. EM project Vulcan relegated to the garage. Had alot of fun with those one ups too. The Robotron is a converted Mortal Kombat with a Robotron 12 in 1 multigame board, the Ms Pacman is a 60 in 1 and I'm going to convert that Killer Instict into either a knockoff Playchoice 10 or a Pandora's box. Out of that lineup, favorite game is STTNG but I'm loving them all.

This upcoming year I plan on dropping an arcade carpet under the machines now that I've already severely damaged the floors. Best upgrade to machines? External powered subwoofer you can keep when you rotate machines.

Going to be another fun year of pinball. Plan on more temporary trades and making it to the end of Elvira. She just wants to sell her house!

20230513_154619 (resized).jpg20230513_154619 (resized).jpg

20230513_160910 (2) (resized).jpg20230513_160910 (2) (resized).jpg20230513_160916 (resized).jpg20230513_160916 (resized).jpg20230513_160923 (resized).jpg20230513_160923 (resized).jpg20230513_154646 (resized).jpg20230513_154646 (resized).jpg20230513_154626 (resized).jpg20230513_154626 (resized).jpg20230513_160929 (resized).jpg20230513_160929 (resized).jpg20230512_193235 (resized).jpg20230512_193235 (resized).jpg
    And. Summer garage project.
    20230513_161020 (resized).jpg20230513_161020 (resized).jpg

#22111 11 months ago

Very nice!

#22112 11 months ago

Yes the big collector sets are expensive. I have some out of production collector edition kits worth well over $2500 each. Lego world gets as silly as the pinball world for sure.

#22113 11 months ago

I need to win the lottery!

#22114 11 months ago

Well....it's my dream game room....

Screenshot_20230511-182653 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230511-182653 (resized).png
    #22115 11 months ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Is there a game in there?

#22116 11 months ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

I wish she would move she blocking that beautiful pin.

#22117 11 months ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

i want one of these for my game room, and my girlfriend is ok with it.

#22118 11 months ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Nobody seems to be bothered by the incorrect legs

#22119 11 months ago
    Quoted from Redfive05:

The Token sign came from a Vendor that had an arcade that they closed in the early 2000's. It was their only location that used tokens and they tossed the sign aside and forgot about it until they were moving to a new building in 2019. It was in a pile to go to the dump so I offered the 20 bucks.
    The chase lights were quite a project and there was probably a better way to do it than what I did.
    I bought the Lenses, Covers, and mount form Action Lighting. They are Cabochon E14 MIDWAY U90 Turbo Lights.
    https://www.actionlighting.com/cabochon-e14-midway-brand-u90-turbo-fixture-bases-bases-only-300u90b/
    [quoted image]
    I mounted the black bases to a piece of wood I painted silver by drilling two small holes in then and mounting them with small screws, then drilled out a hole in the middle (where the real bulb mount is supposed to go) and ran a set of LED Christmas lights through each hole. It’s 4 sets of Christmas lights, every 4th lens is the same set of lights, I have Red, Yellow, and Orange lenses, witch match the Red, Orange, and Yellow I picked for the Arcade in my sign. When I finally paint the stripes on the wall they will be those same colors to match as well.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Those 4 sets of lights are then plugged into a 4 channel sequencer for Christmas lights I bought off Amazon.
    amazon.com link »
    A lot of splicing and a lot of soldering, but I’m thrilled with the end results so it was worth it.

LOVE this project. very creative for the retro carnival look!! thanks for sharing.

#22120 11 months ago

Looks like 5'2" of trouble to me.

#22121 11 months ago

Decades in the making, I finally hung some shelves that can accommodate my extensive, mostly VFD handheld/tabletop electronic game collection. Now I can honestly say my gameroom features well over 100 individual games!

PXL_20230514_025849130~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230514_025849130~2 (resized).jpg
    #22122 11 months ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Decades in the making, I finally hung some shelves that can accommodate my extensive, mostly VFD handheld/tabletop electronic game collection. Now I can honestly say my gameroom features well over 100 individual games!
    [quoted image]

That…is amazing.

#22123 11 months ago

[quoted image]

And there they are... I had the Donkey Kong and the Pac-Man with the black housing.

I'll second the amazing collection!!

#22124 11 months ago

[quoted image]

Seriously, that is mind blowing, you should be proud. If I ever end up in prison I hope my jail cell looks like that. I wouldn't mind it a bit killing time.

#22125 11 months ago

[quoted image]

Very Cool, i have about 6 of those..amazing collection

#22126 11 months ago

[quoted image]

That is absolutely EPIC.

I have 15-20 of these but it blows my collection away. Well done sir!

#22127 11 months ago

[quoted image]

That's friggin awesome! I remember that Fogger game was the first one of these my parents got me my bro and sister for Xmas. Donkey Kong was next for my Bday! Good memories.

#22128 11 months ago

Wow! That’s pretty impressive!

Quoted from DanQverymuch:Decades in the making, I finally hung some shelves that can accommodate my extensive, mostly VFD handheld/tabletop electronic game collection. Now I can honestly say my gameroom features well over 100 individual games!
    [quoted image]

#22129 11 months ago

Thanks guys, I wish I had taken them out of hiding years ago! They had been languishing in boxes since 2003.

#22130 11 months ago

Thanks guys, I wish I had taken them out of hiding years ago! They had been languishing in boxes since 2003.

Oh wow what a shame.

Those games were all my childhood Christmas dreams.

#22131 11 months ago

Do you have one of these? (I can't tell from the picture)

It was designed by a friend of mine.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #22132 11 months ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Do you have one of these? (I can't tell from the picture)
    It was designed by a friend of mine.[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh, yes, one of those has been in my other game display for several years now.
    caseofgames (resized).jpgcaseofgames (resized).jpg
    Er, I could have sworn it was. Anyway, I know I surely have more than one, actually.
    And that's an old pic. Some of those games are on the new shelves...

#22133 11 months ago
    Quoted from Redfive05:

So jumping into the Ringer discussion has inspired me to finally post my game room. I’ve been in this hobby since I was a little kid. My father collected Jukeboxes and I would help him work on them, and as I got older growing up in the 80’s and 90’s, I started to gravitate more towards the pinball and arcade games. When I bought my first home in 2002, I finally had a place to build up my own collection (instead of fighting my father for space in his house lol). I had a nice game room in my unfinished basement there… But my wife and I only ever intended it to be a starter home, so I never really did much with the space beside set up the games I owned. Life changed and we stayed in our “starter home” until 2018 when we finally moved. I again set up a basement game room. As I was setting up my games after the move, I was starting to really bring myself down looking at the prices of games and thinking about how I always thought I would own a Funhouse, or an Addam’s Family or a Monster Bash…. And as I stood there in my little game room of amazing pieces I finally looked around and just appreciated all these games I spent my twenties and thirties accumulating and realized I have an amazing collection, and if I can no longer afford to buy machines, the least I could do was to make this space the best little arcade I could. It's not quite finished yet, there are a bunch of attention to details I need to address and I'm still planning on painting some stripes on the wall and a few other arcade inspired decorations. But I finally feel like it's to a point where I'm proud to show it off a little, so I present to Pinside.... Rolling Meadows Arcade:
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

such a good collection! I normally wouldn't own any redemption machines but if I had the room I'd probably get an Addams Family Values like you have.
    Nice variety.

#22134 11 months ago

[quoted image]

Now my question to you is... do you play any of them?

#22135 11 months ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Now my question to you is... do you play any of them?

No, but I'm trying to talk myself into starting a YouTube channel or whatever checking them out one by one. My fear is that the interest would be limited.

#22136 11 months ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'll see your picture game rooms and raise you a video tour!
    Welcome to my happy place!

Loving the hobby and the collection. Arcade Marquees are backlit with a cheap amazon LED strip light that goes all the way around the room (well, 3 strips but still).
    P3 has Heist, Cosmic Cart, and Weird AL. Actually just switched the art out on it today. EM project Vulcan relegated to the garage. Had alot of fun with those one ups too. The Robotron is a converted Mortal Kombat with a Robotron 12 in 1 multigame board, the Ms Pacman is a 60 in 1 and I'm going to convert that Killer Instict into either a knockoff Playchoice 10 or a Pandora's box. Out of that lineup, favorite game is STTNG but I'm loving them all.
    This upcoming year I plan on dropping an arcade carpet under the machines now that I've already severely damaged the floors. Best upgrade to machines? External powered subwoofer you can keep when you rotate machines.
    Going to be another fun year of pinball. Plan on more temporary trades and making it to the end of Elvira. She just wants to sell her house!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    And. Summer garage project.
    [quoted image]

as if you have those 2 UNCUT Dungeons & Dragons marquees! hmu if you ever want to sell

#22137 11 months ago

No, but I'm trying to talk myself into starting a YouTube channel or whatever checking them out one by one. My fear is that the interest would be limited.

Why fear that? If you're bad then barely anyone will see

#22138 11 months ago
    Quoted from cait001:

as if you have those 2 UNCUT Dungeons & Dragons marquees! hmu if you ever want to sell

Almost all of those marquees came from the York and Allentown show flea markets. Was thrilled to pick those up last weekend. My remaining white whale wall hanger is the low quality data east Simpsons backglass and I'm good.

A few of those came from an anonymous gracious pinsider who sent a stack when he saw my setup. (Thanks!)

#22139 11 months ago

Gotta be moving some stuff around to get Godzilla out of my office and next to these guys in our main living room / game room.

Pinside_gameroom_87654_3304402 (resized).jpgPinside_gameroom_87654_3304402 (resized).jpg

Work in progress as we want to get some retro signage, neon, and so on up too.

#22140 11 months ago

Legends Ultimate

What's the consensus here ? Yay or Nay? Still on the fence with it.

#22141 11 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Gotta be moving some stuff around to get Godzilla out of my office and next to these guys in our main living room / game room.
    [quoted image]

Evil Dead needs to come out so it can go right next to those.

#22142 11 months ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

Legends Ultimate
    What's the consensus here ? Yay or Nay? Still on the fence with it.

100% yay.

I own a HA8802 model from last fall. This is the code name 1.2 model. It has some upgrades to it from the previous 1.0 and 1.1 (HA8801) models. Real t-molding and an upgraded internal storage so its easier to mod and install AppX etc.. I modded mine with lot of games but I would NOT buy a ALU right now.

Why?

Because AtGames announced a 4K model coming this holiday season. A 4k Legends Ultimate and a 4K Legends Pinball. Both of these will come with an upgraded CPU/SOC (finally!). This is what everyone is begging for. For CoinOps etc .. the entire interface runs like garbage on the ALU, but the games run great. But the overall experience sucks navigating the UI. This will 100% be fixed with the new CPU/SOC this fall. AtGames is allowing customers to buy "upgrade" kits for people with 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 ALUs for like $300.

Almost everyone who owns one will pay to upgrade, so my advice is DO NOT buy one right now. Wait for the 4K units to come out and get that much needed CPU/SOC and 4K screen upgrade. You will regret buying one now if you do.

#22143 11 months ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

100% yay.
    I own a HA8802 model from last fall. This is the code name 1.2 model. It has some upgrades to it from the previous 1.0 and 1.1 (HA8801) models. Real t-molding and an upgraded internal storage so its easier to mod and install AppX etc.. I modded mine with lot of games but I would NOT buy a ALU right now.
    Why?
    Because AtGames announced a 4K model coming this holiday season. A 4k Legends Ultimate and a 4K Legends Pinball. Both of these will come with an upgraded CPU/SOC (finally!). This is what everyone is begging for. For CoinOps etc .. the entire interface runs like garbage on the ALU, but the games run great. But the overall experience sucks navigating the UI. This will 100% be fixed with the new CPU/SOC this fall. AtGames is allowing customers to buy "upgrade" kits for people with 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 ALUs for like $300.
    Almost everyone who owns one will pay to upgrade, so my advice is DO NOT buy one right now. Wait for the 4K units to come out and get that much needed CPU/SOC and 4K screen upgrade. You will regret buying one now if you do.

Wow thanks a ton for the INFO!! I didn't know a 4K was coming out!

#22144 11 months ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

If you don't want to wait, just pick one up for cheap on Facebook Marketplace, and download CoinOpsX. I picked up a nice used ALU for $250. The CoinOpsX free server is super slow, took nearly 2 days to download, but makes the machine much more versatile and fun. 4k would be way overkill for what my ALU is used for, same as the 16x9 aspect ratio.

#22145 11 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

[quoted image]

PanzerKraken I detect a theme with your pinball collection! Horror/Halloween pins are fun!

#22146 11 months ago

This idea seems like it was made for TikTok....
    In fact, here's a guy who has a bunch of video's of him playing with 80's toys.

This one he's showing off a Mattel Electronics Football 2:
    https://www.tiktok.com/@wickedgenxer/video/7212392538777636142?_r=1&_t=8cQ9VaARPkR

#22147 11 months ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

Glad to help, I forgot to mention that as soon as they are available I will be buying the SOC/CPU upgrade kit, which I think comes with the 4K screen. I'll also buy the bitLCD at that time too.

One thing I didn't mention by the way is cost, or really just to set expectations. The ALU has been +/- $500 for a few years and Sam's Club runs sales throughout the year for ~$350. The new 4K ALU has a lot of newer tech included in it that older models did not and it will affect the price almost certainly. What is new?

4K Screen
    Upgraded SOC/CPU
    BitLCD included

If you're not aware of the bitLCD, go check it out on youtube. Its a dynamic LCD screen that changes the marquee dynamically to the game you've selected in either the ALU or CoinOpsX interface. This is a $350 upgrade that many ALU owners have installed. This comes included on the new 4K units in addition to a 4K screen and new SOC/CPU. So the three of these massive upgrades will probably spike the cost of the 4K ALU.

If I had to guess, I bet MSRP launch retail price for the new model will be like $899 or something. Just note that when/if you see this price don't lose your mind right away haha. You're getting the value of all these amazing additions now baked into the solution from factory. Ya it spikes the cost of entry 2x but quite honestly, everyone buying an ALU will want all of these anyways and its easier than piecing it all together after the fact.

#22148 11 months ago

FF Arrived, so updated pinball lineup:
    PXL_20230524_150516510 (resized).jpgPXL_20230524_150516510 (resized).jpg

MAME is still at the far end:

PXL_20230524_150632048 (resized).jpgPXL_20230524_150632048 (resized).jpg

Also did some updates on the wall art with some new prints from Flyland:

PXL_20230524_150616514 (resized).jpgPXL_20230524_150616514 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230524_150718494.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230524_150718494.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230524_150808080.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230524_150808080.MP (resized).jpg

#22149 11 months ago

Not very exciting but my summer game room is good to go. It’s for games that will never be worthy of making the real line up and that go in storage over the winter.

IMG_5770 (resized).jpegIMG_5770 (resized).jpegIMG_5772 (resized).jpegIMG_5772 (resized).jpeg
    #22150 11 months ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Not very exciting but my summer game room is good to go. It’s for games that will never be worthy of making the real line up and that go in storage over the winter.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Summer game room.... I like it! In my entire life I've injured my back twice: the day I bought a 12ft shuffle bowling game and the day I sold it. You're a better man than me or at least stronger, if you're moving that beast twice a year. Enjoy!

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 443 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/443?hl=jrc6000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.