Topic Stats

• 23,721 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by toaster777
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg
    20240324_164009 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163842 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163742 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163730 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163712 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163705 (resized).jpg

There are 23,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 442 of 475.
    #22051 10 months ago
    Quoted from polishedball:

Clearly you have not spent enough time on Pinside. so much drama in every thread it seems.
    and a shot of the hall leading to my room. 80's blacklight themed [quoted image]

I'm in the process of adding some black light posters to my room as well. Other than Dirty Donny Couple questions, where's a great place to source them? What type of frame are you using? Any glare issues?

Thanks, nice collection.

#22052 10 months ago

Ha hell yeah! That tokens sign is bad ass too.

#22053 10 months ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Point taken!
    [quoted image]

Wait, what happened to the dog?!? Haha

#22054 10 months ago

So jumping into the Ringer discussion has inspired me to finally post my game room. I’ve been in this hobby since I was a little kid. My father collected Jukeboxes and I would help him work on them, and as I got older growing up in the 80’s and 90’s, I started to gravitate more towards the pinball and arcade games. When I bought my first home in 2002, I finally had a place to build up my own collection (instead of fighting my father for space in his house lol). I had a nice game room in my unfinished basement there… But my wife and I only ever intended it to be a starter home, so I never really did much with the space beside set up the games I owned. Life changed and we stayed in our “starter home” until 2018 when we finally moved. I again set up a basement game room. As I was setting up my games after the move, I was starting to really bring myself down looking at the prices of games and thinking about how I always thought I would own a Funhouse, or an Addam’s Family or a Monster Bash…. And as I stood there in my little game room of amazing pieces I finally looked around and just appreciated all these games I spent my twenties and thirties accumulating and realized I have an amazing collection, and if I can no longer afford to buy machines, the least I could do was to make this space the best little arcade I could. It's not quite finished yet, there are a bunch of attention to details I need to address and I'm still planning on painting some stripes on the wall and a few other arcade inspired decorations. But I finally feel like it's to a point where I'm proud to show it off a little, so I present to Pinside.... Rolling Meadows Arcade:

20230306_221346 (resized).jpg20230306_221346 (resized).jpg42842 (resized).jpeg42842 (resized).jpeg20230416_184629 (resized).jpg20230416_184629 (resized).jpg20230416_184612 (resized).jpg20230416_184612 (resized).jpg20230416_184358 (resized).jpg20230416_184358 (resized).jpg20230404_172001 (resized).jpg20230404_172001 (resized).jpg20220520_231840 (resized).jpg20220520_231840 (resized).jpg20230416_132001 (resized).jpg20230416_132001 (resized).jpg
    #22055 10 months ago
    Quoted from Redfive05:

So jumping into the Ringer discussion has inspired me to finally post my game room. I’ve been in this hobby since I was a little kid. My father collected Jukeboxes and I would help him work on them, and as I got older growing up in the 80’s and 90’s, I started to gravitate more towards the pinball and arcade games. When I bought my first home in 2002, I finally had a place to build up my own collection (instead of fighting my father for space in his house lol). I had a nice game room in my unfinished basement there… But my wife and I only ever intended it to be a starter home, so I never really did much with the space beside set up the games I owned. Life changed and we stayed in our “starter home” until 2018 when we finally moved. I again set up a basement game room. As I was setting up my games after the move, I was starting to really bring myself down looking at the prices of games and thinking about how I always thought I would own a Funhouse, or an Addam’s Family or a Monster Bash…. And as I stood there in my little game room of amazing pieces I finally looked around and just appreciated all these games I spent my twenties and thirties accumulating and realized I have an amazing collection, and if I can no longer afford to buy machines, the least I could do was to make this space the best little arcade I could. It's not quite finished yet, there are a bunch of attention to details I need to address and I'm still planning on painting some stripes on the wall and a few other arcade inspired decorations. But I finally feel like it's to a point where I'm proud to show it off a little, so I present to Pinside.... Rolling Meadows Arcade:
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy smokes! What a great room! You have a collection that I'm certain a good number of people here would be jealous of. I would just about kill for that Coke machine.

#22056 10 months ago

Funhouse or not, your house looks great and a lot of "fun"! Thanks for sharing!!

#22057 10 months ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Who gives a shit that someone else has the same artwork as another? Decorate your game room in a way that it means something to you, not for the sake of being different.
    Reminds me of teens. “I’m going Goth to be different”. Yeaaaaah. Like all the other teens doing the same. Trying too hard to be unique & different is a waste of time. Everyone IS unique in some way. Just be you.

Having a hard time understanding this one. If you’re putting together a really expensive game room, what’s wrong with wanting to have unique stuff?

… also.. just how many goth kids did you HAVE in your high school?!

#22058 10 months ago

Awesome collection! I need to learn more about those Haunted House and Invaders machines.

#22059 10 months ago
    Quoted from SNES:

Wait, what happened to the dog?!? Haha

When the blankets start flying around, he runs out.

#22060 10 months ago
    Quoted from Redfive05:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Killer Arcade - well done!!

Quoted from Capn12:

When the blankets start flying around, he runs out.

Keep the dog - get rid of the blankets and let that arcade shine!

#22061 10 months ago

Now you're talkin! Looks great!

#22062 10 months ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Having a hard time understanding this one. If you’re putting together a really expensive game room, what’s wrong with wanting to have unique stuff?

No issue with being unique at all. It's a personal preference/choice thing.

I prefer to focus on what makes me happy and nostalgic as opposed to having something nobody else has. I accept that there are different opinions and that's fine. It doesn't mean I think I am right and they are wrong. We don't all have to think alike. To each their own. Whatever floats your boat!

#22063 10 months ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

I accept that there are different opinions and that's fine. We don't all have to think alike.

Someone just sent me this. Perfect timing.

4A22D397-44FF-4C96-B704-2B0FF602264B (resized).jpeg4A22D397-44FF-4C96-B704-2B0FF602264B (resized).jpeg
    #22064 10 months ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Killer Arcade - well done!!

Keep the dog - get rid of the blankets and let that arcade shine!

Don't want that fade from the sun, thats the reason the blankets are on, because the window is always open for the dogs.

#22065 10 months ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

I'm in the process of adding some black light posters to my room as well. Other than Dirty Donny Couple questions, where's a great place to source them? What type of frame are you using? Any glare issues?
    Thanks, nice collection.

I use cheap frames when hobby lobby has 50% off every other week. Blunt Graffix is another source for black light and then I usually collect mostly 90’s concert flyer art. Yes there is glare issues from floor and pictures across from each other but not really any from direct blacklight.

#22066 10 months ago
    Quoted from Redfive05:

Love your space! I gravitate towards gamrooms that try to replicate a real arcade feel. Mission accomplished, love the ticket redemption prize wall. Midway Haunted House is prolly the best rifle game out there. Lots of unique games other than pinball to make it really interesting.

#22067 10 months ago
    Quoted from Redfive05:

Great collection! I want to come over for spider stompin alone. Great feel, layout, and mix of games. I love having variety.

#22068 10 months ago

Clearly you have not spent enough time on Pinside. so much drama in every thread it seems.
    and a shot of the hall leading to my room. 80's blacklight themed [quoted image]

I see the Dirty Donny prints.
    But where did you get those Godzillas and that Dr. Dre??? I need those in my blacklight poster collection.

Edit: found them all on Blunt Graphix

#22069 10 months ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Love your space! I gravitate towards gamrooms that try to replicate a real arcade feel. Mission accomplished, love the ticket redemption prize wall. Midway Haunted House is prolly the best rifle game out there. Lots of unique games other than pinball to make it really interesting.

Thanks! I am really trying to get that authentic arcade feel and think I’ve done a pretty decent job doing it… adding the change machine really took it to the next level. I removed the bill validator and installed a button in its place, I have it set to give out $2 in quarters each time you press it. I love when I have people over and they are playing games and I hear the sound of the coins falling into the scoop. It's also great when someone is getting really far in Ninja Turtles and they run out of quarters and have to run over to the machine to grab more while the timer is running out… just like when I was a kid lol

20230404_171929 (resized).jpg20230404_171929 (resized).jpg

A few of the other “Authentic” arcade detail I tried to recreate were my custom arcade LED sign, which I had the “arcade” letters designed to look like the Dream Machine logo at the mall arcade ai went to as a kid.

5670995663_98067ace41_o (resized).jpg5670995663_98067ace41_o (resized).jpg

And another local arcade I took inspiration from is Joe’s Playland on Salisbury Beach… they have the carnival style chase lights on the walls around the arcade, I built my own for my Pinball Row.

20221210_182720 (resized).jpg20221210_182720 (resized).jpg

20230304_205719 (resized).jpg20230304_205719 (resized).jpg

Next project…. A mini version of a Canobie Lake Park Palace Arcade “Tree”

20210626_105539 (resized).jpg20210626_105539 (resized).jpg

#22070 10 months ago

getting inspired @Redfive05. I have got to get my jukeboxes going... and my tempest.

#22071 10 months ago

If we want strange [quoted image][quoted image]

Blacklight rules.

IMG_6033 (resized).jpegIMG_6033 (resized).jpeg
    #22072 10 months ago

I always thought it was cool when i was 14.

#22073 10 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, when I was 14 I also thought arcades were cool, too.

#22074 10 months ago
    Quoted from ROMM:

Yeah, when I was 14 I also thought arcades were cool, too.

I honestly can't remember when I was 14... moving on.

#22075 10 months ago

ROMM are you insinuating you don't currently think they are cool??

#22076 10 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Can we at least keep this thread devoid of hate.

Good for you, nobody cares what you thought was cool.

#22077 10 months ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

There is no hate mate, except for your rude comment. Other people are allowed to say what they think or thought was cool. I liked them when i first saw them. I haven't seen them since then until now. That is all. Nothing hateful.

Go back to trolling someone else. Nobody cares what you think about other peoples comments.

If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools

#22078 10 months ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I think you’re reading a lot of sarcasm into his comment which isn’t there. There’s not a lot of arcades around anymore

#22079 10 months ago

I’m 43 and have 0 shame that my arcade looks like I designed it in the 80s. lol

#22080 10 months ago
    Quoted from Kolk1:

I’m 43 and have 0 shame that my arcade looks like I designed it in the 80s. lol

Nor should you. To each his own.

I have a good mate who swears that music should have stopped developing at the end of the 80's.
    Just doesn't get any better and they got it right, so why keep fucking around.

#22081 10 months ago
    Quoted from Nintegageo:

ROMM are you insinuating you don't currently think they are cool??

I think arcades (and blacklights in them, especially carpets) are cool as hell. This whole thread is dedicated to creating an experience of when we were young. I thought what punkin wrote was just absurd and I was responding to it. When I was 14, the year was 1987, and arcades were awesome. Fucking crazy what that dude punkin wrote in a thread about gamerooms lol.

#22082 10 months ago
    Quoted from ROMM:

I think arcades (and blacklights in them, especially carpets) are cool as hell. This whole thread is dedicated to creating an experience of when we were young. I thought what punkin wrote was just absurd and I was responding to it. When I was 14, the year was 1987, and arcades were awesome. Fucking crazy what that dude punkin wrote in a thread about gamerooms.

#22083 10 months ago
    Quoted from ROMM:

I think arcades (and blacklights in them, especially carpets) are cool as hell. This whole thread is dedicated to creating an experience of when we were young. I thought what punkin wrote was just absurd and I was responding to it. When I was 14, the year was 1987, and arcades were awesome. Fucking crazy what that dude punkin said.

I would take the comment with a grain of salt. He doesn't like action figures or basements either.

#22084 10 months ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

I would take the comment with a grain of salt. He doesn't like action figures or basements either.

I choose not to defend myself from your insulting slurs.

#22085 10 months ago

What's funny is while I've been posting the last few minutes, I've been unboxing a few blacklights I recently ordered to put under my machines to better highlight the blacklight effects of my carpet lol. Inspired by recent posts in this thread, thank you very much! 14 all over again, baby!

20230510_180229 (resized).jpg20230510_180229 (resized).jpg
    #22086 10 months ago

Nice. I have a 24W under each machine.

#22087 10 months ago

Let’s drown out the bickering with lots of game room photos to get back on track.

0754BBBE-1AE1-4B54-B327-5AB051C8A784 (resized).jpeg0754BBBE-1AE1-4B54-B327-5AB051C8A784 (resized).jpeg2EB3B459-EAC9-4D6A-BF96-4CB8BCBECFD7 (resized).jpeg2EB3B459-EAC9-4D6A-BF96-4CB8BCBECFD7 (resized).jpegAA3DAF33-2071-4DB2-926D-02C8D8C530E9 (resized).jpegAA3DAF33-2071-4DB2-926D-02C8D8C530E9 (resized).jpeg
    #22088 10 months ago

Mine hasn’t changed lately.
    TNA, Galaxy and a 2nd lost world on other wall.

IMG_5105 (resized).jpegIMG_5105 (resized).jpeg
    #22089 10 months ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Let’s drown out the bickering with lots of game room photos to get back on track.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Giddyup! Sounds like a good idea!

My game room at home hasn't changed recently, but I was in Sarasota, Florida last week and checked out a showroom at the UTC mall and also the Arcade Monsters on St. Armand's circle. Pretty much entirely new Sterns at Arcade Monsters and they apparently got a Foo Fighters the next day... D'oh!! Missed it by that much!

IMG_0618 (resized).JPGIMG_0618 (resized).JPGIMG_0620 (resized).JPGIMG_0620 (resized).JPG
    #22090 10 months ago

I feel that if I had blacklights in my basement they would see too much.

#22091 10 months ago
    Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Blacklight rules.
    [quoted image]

Hey, how did you get blacklight trim for your legends ultimate? Did you use tape? I'm going to do this,great work.

#22092 10 months ago
    Quoted from Redfive05:

Thanks! I am really trying to get that authentic arcade feel and think I’ve done a pretty decent job doing it… adding the change machine really took it to the next level. I removed the bill validator and installed a button in its place, I have it set to give out $2 in quarters each time you press it. I love when I have people over and they are playing games and I hear the sound of the coins falling into the scoop. It's also great when someone is getting really far in Ninja Turtles and they run out of quarters and have to run over to the machine to grab more while the timer is running out… just like when I was a kid lol
    [quoted image]
    A few of the other “Authentic” arcade detail I tried to recreate were my custom arcade LED sign, which I had the “arcade” letters designed to look like the Dream Machine logo at the mall arcade ai went to as a kid.
    [quoted image]
    And another local arcade I took inspiration from is Joe’s Playland on Salisbury Beach… they have the carnival style chase lights on the walls around the arcade, I built my own for my Pinball Row.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Next project…. A mini version of a Canobie Lake Park Palace Arcade “Tree”
    [quoted image]

I wanted that TOKEN sign years ago but missed the auction. Also a coin machine, just the front side to have in front of the wall since I have no more room.
    Can you tell me or share a link on how to make chasing lights? I've wanted them for years. Nothing more nostalgic than that!

#22093 10 months ago
    Quoted from Redfive05:

That space is bitchin! Way to go, I actually want to experience that, great use of space and awesome variety, and wonderful aesthetics and decor. You hit the mark. You should be very proud

#22094 10 months ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Just nasty........

#22095 10 months ago

The Token sign came from a Vendor that had an arcade that they closed in the early 2000's. It was their only location that used tokens and they tossed the sign aside and forgot about it until they were moving to a new building in 2019. It was in a pile to go to the dump so I offered the 20 bucks.

The chase lights were quite a project and there was probably a better way to do it than what I did.

I bought the Lenses, Covers, and mount form Action Lighting. They are Cabochon E14 MIDWAY U90 Turbo Lights.
    https://www.actionlighting.com/cabochon-e14-midway-brand-u90-turbo-fixture-bases-bases-only-300u90b/

Turbolites (resized).jpgTurbolites (resized).jpg

I mounted the black bases to a piece of wood I painted silver by drilling two small holes in then and mounting them with small screws, then drilled out a hole in the middle (where the real bulb mount is supposed to go) and ran a set of LED Christmas lights through each hole. It’s 4 sets of Christmas lights, every 4th lens is the same set of lights, I have Red, Yellow, and Orange lenses, witch match the Red, Orange, and Yellow I picked for the Arcade in my sign. When I finally paint the stripes on the wall they will be those same colors to match as well.

20230101_155551 (resized).jpg20230101_155551 (resized).jpg

20230226_180650 (resized).jpg20230226_180650 (resized).jpg

Those 4 sets of lights are then plugged into a 4 channel sequencer for Christmas lights I bought off Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DHPLK9K/

A lot of splicing and a lot of soldering, but I’m thrilled with the end results so it was worth it.

#22096 10 months ago

Really hoping to change out some of this soon

IMG_3248 (resized).jpegIMG_3248 (resized).jpeg
    #22097 10 months ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Eldorado and Jacks Open,I need do You ship

#22098 10 months ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

A bunch of old bastards who liked blacklight posters when they were 14 lambasting another old bastard for liking blacklight posters when he was 14.

Nothing more than a bucket full of crabs.

#22099 10 months ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Hey, how did you get blacklight trim for your legends ultimate? Did you use tape? I'm going to do this,great work.

Yep some $5 tape pack on Amazon.

#22100 10 months ago

Please include

Quoted from Frogman:

thank you!
    I created the poster. Each of the images were sourced from the US patent database, cleaned up digitally, and annotated with sources. I'm considering selling prints.

I would be interested in one or two also

There are 23,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 442 of 475.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/442?hl=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.