Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 422 of 477.
    #21051 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

Damn, you got a DeLorean?! Best I could do was this guy:
    [quoted image]
    And, yes, Lego is probably my #1 hobby right now. I teach middle school Technology and my Robotics classes are all based on Lego Mindstorm and Lego Spike Prime, so my classroom is all Lego themed. Which is cool because everything I can’t display at home I just bring to school and display it there (like the 10k piece Eiffel Tower I just got).
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You can too!

Screenshot_20221127-171759 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221127-171759 (resized).png
    #21052 1 year ago

Ahh, so that's what classrooms look like inside.

I always had to stand in the hall or outside the principals office.

#21053 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

You can too![quoted image]

I have already got my deposit down on DeLorean 2.0 (a.k.a. - Cybertruck).

#21054 1 year ago

Lol! In grade school two of us had desks in the hallway! We were allowed to start the day in class. We were kicked out to our hallway desks pretty quickly. In highschool I spent most days in the vice principal’s classroom on in school suspension. Same guy was in the classroom with me. Not really something to be proud of but it made me who I am.

Quoted from punkin:Ahh, so that's what classrooms look like inside.
    I always had to stand in the hall or outside the principals office.

#21055 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Lol! In grade school two of us had desks in the hallway! We were allowed to start the day in class. We were kicked out to our hallway desks pretty quickly. In highschool I spent most days in the vice principal’s classroom on in school suspension. Same guy was in the classroom with me. Not really something to be proud of but it made me who I am.

Years 5 and 6 here (8-9yrs) i spent at a desk in the principals office doing my work the teacher sent out each morning. I had to leave the office every time he had a meeting or a phone call and stand out in the secretaries office till he opened the door.

Just because i made a swing at the teacher, wish i could've reached his chin back then.

It got worse from there....

#21056 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

Damn, you got a DeLorean?! Best I could do was this guy:
    [quoted image]
    And, yes, Lego is probably my #1 hobby right now. I teach middle school Technology and my Robotics classes are all based on Lego Mindstorm and Lego Spike Prime, so my classroom is all Lego themed. Which is cool because everything I can’t display at home I just bring to school and display it there (like the 10k piece Eiffel Tower I just got).
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome. Love the set and the Nintendo one too. Classics.

I keep humming and hah'ing about the jacked up Lego prices lately, so I don't have the Time Machine set yet. 'Cause, ya know, I'll go over and over whether I spend $200 on a Lego set or not... while seeming to have pretty quickly just up and spent about $50k on pinball machines in the past 2+ years. Priorities right? lol

#21057 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Shouldn’t the speedometer go to 88mph.. Are they all like this?

6AD2A359-8F6D-4D21-AC67-CD234F599B4E (resized).jpeg6AD2A359-8F6D-4D21-AC67-CD234F599B4E (resized).jpeg
    #21058 1 year ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

[quoted image]

Yes. No speedos went over 85 mph at the time. "I can't drive 55"... gas crisis era and the government at the time thought that if the car didn't show speeds over 85 mph, then people wouldn't drive so fast and the vehicles would be better on gas.

Back to the Future used all kinds of movie magic for that sort of thing. The speedos got fudged... like an artist painted over the real numbers and shuffled the markings so it went higher and could show 88 mph. Watch closely to the mall chase scene when they show the speedo. Three times it is shown and you'll notice the odometer there too. It jumps around... 32,065 or something like that, then 31,950 and then back to 32,070. It took them more than one take to get it right and so spliced the footage together.

Not so sure Bob Gale and Robert Zemekis counted on people watching the movies 100 times on Bluray and being able to scrutinize the tiny details.

Marty bonks his head on the steering wheel at the end of the first movie as he is trying to get the stalled car to start when he's at the starting point on the road leading to the clock tower... and the horn goes off just as he does this? The horn button isn't in the steering wheel centre pad, it's on the turn signal stalk. You push it in to honk the horn.

Or the door pull straps... those were loose add-ons for the first 4,000 cars made and then built into the arm rest on the 5,000 or so cars after that. I think the engineers just forgot not everyone's arms are as long as JZD's were. The movie cars had the loose style. And in that mall scene where Doc is explaining how the car works, you can see the pull strap on the driver's door in three different ways. First time it's connected correctly, second scene it isn't there at all, and the third time it's tied in a knot instead of using the hoop. I figure Christopher Lloyd kept bumping into it in that scene and so had them remove it and then they forgot to put it back on the same way.

Tons of stuff like that. DeLorean stuff was hobby #1 until pinball came along. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

#21059 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

I'm starting to appreciate the pre-war games more and more! What's the game on the left? Would appreciate a good pic of the playfield
    Ah, I see it now... Prospector... Will check it in the IPDB... I see lots if pics there... I see it's a payout machine... so the player gets 1 to 5 bucks for landing in the Big Strike hole, which has to be done by bouncing off one of the lower leaf springs![quoted image]

Yep, Prospector. It was actually the first pinball I bought. The pictures for the Pinside archive are of mine. Part of me wants to completely restore it, and another part wants to leave it be as is.

I've never got into the big hole or the 150, but I can get it into the 20s and left 80 hole pretty regularly. Let me know if you want any close ups or other pics.

#21060 1 year ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

[quoted image]

And they are only 150hp, or so I have heard. Fun getting up those hills!

#21061 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

My wife let me convert her very small craftroom into an 80’s themed game room. STAR WARS wouldn’t fit, so it went in my home office.
    All those toys are ours from when we were kids.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The 80s nostalgic signs and plates are awesome!
    I'm a sign guy myself, great job!

#21064 1 year ago
    Quoted from Slacker_Quacker:

Part of me wants to completely restore it, and another part wants to leave it be as is.

Well, it looks pretty good as it is, so I'd opt for the leaving it route! The patina on those old games is worth keeping if it's not too excessive!

You put some pretty good pics up on the IPDB, so my curiosity about the game is very much satisfied with those thanks

Amazing playfield art! Lots of the pre-war games have either no or pretty boring artwork, but this is an exception!

#21065 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Love the 80s themed stuff! License plates are great! I do something similar when having the old car out at a cruise night...
    I spy some Lego just off to the side... you still have your sets from back then too???[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder how many of us pin guys own these?

20210131_174401 (resized).jpg20210131_174401 (resized).jpg
    #21067 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

where the hell is this at? I'd buy another in a second for this price if it runs and drives.

#21069 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

where the hell is this at? I'd buy another in a second for this price if it runs and drives.

eBay. Didn’t run or drive though.

#21070 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

[quoted image]

If only a DeLorean could reach 88 mph. Wasn’t the original speed-o-meter maxed out at 85? That’ll never get you to 1993 to buy a TZ NIB.

#21071 1 year ago

yes the speedometers usually only go to 85, but i've had mine over 100 several times. My speedometer goes to 140 on the one I currently have.

#21072 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

[quoted image]

A few, A guy in Houston has one. And it's mandatory to own a Data East Back to the Future pinball machine if you do.

#21073 1 year ago

no it isn't, because the BTTF machine is a pile of dog shit.

#21074 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That’s why it’s being remade in 2023!

#21075 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

That’s why it’s being remade in 2023!

if it's made by JJP, it will be a pile of dogshit all over again. Time will repeat itself.

#21076 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if it's made by JJP, it will be a pile of dogshit all over again. Time will repeat itself.

What makes you think JJP would have the license? It was a Data East property. Gary Stern has an autographed BTTF poster in his office. He dressed up as Doc Brown in a promotional ad. I think it’s safe to say Stern is all over it. Maybe with Kapow.

#21077 1 year ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Seven of my 17 pins were purchased NIB (from X-files in 1997 to Elvira's HoH in 2019). X-files was an "opportunity buy" so I kept all the packaging and stuck the box in my home's crawlspace in case I ever sold the game. Then I kept sticking other boxes from NIB pins in there even though the games were keepers that I knew I'd never sell. I recently ran out of room and pulled the pin boxes out so I could store other stuff in the crawlspace. That's when I came up with a diabolical plan in which I'd pay one month's rental on a storage unit and line up the completely intact (but empty) pin boxes along the back wall, never pay any further storage charges, and wait for the contents of the defaulted storage unit to be auctioned off (like they do on television on Storage Wars). Since bidders do not get to enter the unit or touch the contents before bidding, I thought bids might get to be substantial, and the winning bidder would get a real surprise.
    But it turns out I'm just not that evil. So instead I've been putting one pin box (full of its corrugated packing materials) out each week next to my recycling bin. The last two to go were EHoH LE (last week) and X-files (just today).
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

You could…. Cut the logos off the boxes and mount them on the wall

#21078 1 year ago

Green Acres in Midland, TX. Proud to be overseeing this delightful space. Always fun to play when no one is around

4D01053E-BBC1-4A9D-B015-49ABDF010A00 (resized).jpeg4D01053E-BBC1-4A9D-B015-49ABDF010A00 (resized).jpeg962F3CB2-BA89-4F4D-94A3-CC28A03366D4 (resized).jpeg962F3CB2-BA89-4F4D-94A3-CC28A03366D4 (resized).jpegAAC1DB2D-4BED-4171-94FE-882183CE8686 (resized).jpegAAC1DB2D-4BED-4171-94FE-882183CE8686 (resized).jpeg
    #21079 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

What makes you think JJP would have the license? It was a Data East property. Gary Stern has an autographed BTTF poster in his office. He dressed up as Doc Brown in a promotional ad. I think it’s safe to say Stern is all over it. Maybe with Kapow.

DE also had the GNR license and look how the second one turned out. DE one is GOLD. JJP is version is trash.

Stern also had POTC......and then JJP made one.

So just because DE,SEGA or STern had a license...doesn't mean JJP isn't going to try for it.

#21080 1 year ago

So last night I’m playing pinball and my wife is like would you make a video? It takes like 10 tries because I don’t know the song. She then posted it and tagged Marco and Stern. Stern just shared it!

627FFB49-740D-475E-A3A3-AC1B2CA01A5A (resized).jpeg627FFB49-740D-475E-A3A3-AC1B2CA01A5A (resized).jpeg
    #21081 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

DE also had the GNR license and look how the second one turned out. DE one is GOLD. JJP is version is trash.

Wow...someone doesn't like JJP

#21082 1 year ago

JJP doesn't like us. That's why it's our fault their playfields are crap.

#21083 1 year ago
    Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Wow...someone doesn't like JJP

if they actually made a good game, i'd be for it. But most of the games, the layout and rules suck. Most of the rules are overdone to the point, where there isn't a point. Every shot counts for something. All slop accepted. Too much shit, to the point where you just don't give a shit anymore. The only game they have that is somewhat intuitive is dialed in. And the layout just doesn't do it for me. POTC has a great look and layout. But the rules are so overdone, you just stop giving a shit about trying to figure anything out. GNR is a shitshow all around. When you use the inserts to do animations, instead of pointing you in the directions you are suppose to go....you have failed...and badly. There is a reason you see at last 20 GNRs for sale at any given moment.

#21084 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if they actually made a good game, i'd be for it. But most of the games, the layout and rules suck. Most of the rules are overdone to the point, where there isn't a point. Every shot counts for something. All slop accepted. Too much shit, to the point where you just don't give a shit anymore. The only game they have that is somewhat intuitive is dialed in. And the layout just doesn't do it for me. POTC has a great look and layout. But the rules are so overdone, you just stop giving a shit about trying to figure anything out. GNR is a shitshow all around. When you use the inserts to do animations, instead of pointing you in the directions you are suppose to go....you have failed...and badly. There is a reason you see at last 20 GNRs for sale at any given moment.

In saying that, Hobbit is a great game for home.

I'm sorry i sold mine, but i was so disgusted with GnR that i couldn't bear it looking at me.

FuckJJPPunkin

#21085 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Green Acres in Midland, TX. Proud to be overseeing this delightful space. Always fun to play when no one is around
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Best spot in west Texas! Chosen_S

#21092 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Two questions:

1. What is the story on that Neo Geo MVS? The scale looks off but it looks neat.
    2. Is this a public location? I've got family out in San Angelo and would love another excuse to head up to Midland and get fat at the Barn Door.

#21093 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Two questions:
    1. What is the story on that Neo Geo MVS? The scale looks off but it looks neat.
    2. Is this a public location? I've got family out in San Angelo and would love another excuse to head up to Midland and get fat at the Barn Door.

It’s at Green Acres mini golf in Midland. I think it’s $15 for all you can play.

#21097 1 year ago

I see my post in that snapshot. Can we go back to talking about De Loreans again?

#21098 1 year ago

Are they 4 cyl or 6?

Dunno much about cars from the United States, cept i had a Chevy Rampside for a few years not long ago.

corvair27 (resized).jpgcorvair27 (resized).jpg

#21099 1 year ago

Question for the slot machine owners. What do you use for stands? I'm picking up a Bally quarter slot this weekend with no stand and open to ideas. More unique the better. Have a couple beer/whiskey barrels I'm considering. Will have to be cut open and reinforced though to support weight

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 422 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/422?hl=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.