Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 414 of 477.
    #20651 1 year ago

That lift is awesome! Would love to have one for our basement.

#20652 1 year ago
    Quoted from daveyvandy:

Exactly!
    I hated even moving a machine up 3 stairs at my old house so I'm skipping the stairs altogether.
    Here's the lift in action:

Superb!. They expensive?

#20653 1 year ago
    Quoted from daveyvandy:

Exactly!
    I hated even moving a machine up 3 stairs at my old house so I'm skipping the stairs altogether.
    Here's the lift in action:</.

Exactly!
    Here's the lift in action:

Just incredible. Nice job.

#20654 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Superb!. They expensive?

I think we all know what the answer to THAT question will be

Maybe you should rephrase to "How insanely expensive was it?"

#20655 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Superb!. They expensive?

I thought it was very reasonable.
    About $6k for the custom design.
    Then another $6k for delivery and installation (I'm in Ohio and they make them in Texas).
    The technicians delivering and installing were just about the nicest people I've met.
    If you're capable and willing, you can save on delivery and installation.
    Got it from GalaxyLifts.

#20656 1 year ago
    Quoted from daveyvandy:

I thought it was very reasonable.
    About $6k for the custom design.
    Then another $6k for delivery and installation (I'm in Ohio and they make them in Texas).
    The technicians delivering and installing were just about the nicest people I've met.
    If you're capable and willing, you can save on delivery and installation.
    Got it from GalaxyLifts.

I have talked about doing one of these for a long time. Looks great! What kind of weight capacity does it have?

#20657 1 year ago
    Quoted from SNES:

I have talked about doing one of these for a long time. Looks great! What kind of weight capacity does it have?

1000lbs. They have options for higher weight capacity and dimensions as well, like if you want to move motorcycles and such. I went with the cheaper option because that's what I needed.

#20658 1 year ago
    Quoted from daveyvandy:

1000lbs. They have options for higher weight capacity and dimensions as well, like if you want to move motorcycles and such. I went with the cheaper option because that's what I needed.

That’s perfect. I was a bit worried about some heavy arcade games, but that would work for my needs. Looks nice! Might have to look into this!

#20659 1 year ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

Who made the Darkwing and what size?

It’s the Playmates 12” version, HTF but here’s one on EBay

ebay.com link: itm

#20660 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

Me either, especially on the ceiling. I did install 1/2 inch drywall for the walls, but I’m going to cover that with thin panels.

I looked at that option too, and I like that method. Something light, but strong enough to lay some insulation above it.

Gotcha - since bedrooms were above what had been the garage, there was already existing insulation up above the garage ceiling.
    We cut the holes for the light cans and installing the soffit (without any 'hanging system") kept us from losing any more headspace.

#20661 1 year ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

Gotcha - since bedrooms were above what had been the garage, there was already existing insulation up above the garage ceiling.
    We cut the holes for the light cans and installing the soffit (without any 'hanging system") kept us from losing any more headspace.

Nice. My garage had no insulation at all. But, it won’t have a loft or anything above except some rolled insulation. So it shouldn’t need to be too heavy duty. I do need to add a few more beams to support the ceiling panels.

#20662 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

You know, its fun looking at people's collections, but I come to this thread for decorating ideas. I love looking at all the neat stuff people have up on their walls. I also love looking at "wide" collections. The latest Stern is great, but an 80s street level game and a 90s DMD can provide a breath of fresh air.

Ask and you shall recieve, I agree.
    I just finished continuing the arcade blacklight stripes on the next wall, also to draw attention to the old Skool skatedecks I just started to collect. They looked pretty lonely by themselves. Since I got a 3d printer I have been printing 80's toys from my childhood like Motu and Gi joe that look like the real thing. Great for the retro arcade theme.
    The first pictures are with regular lights on which I never use. I have all blacklights.

20220913_125824 (resized).jpg20220913_125824 (resized).jpg20220913_130817 (resized).jpg20220913_130817 (resized).jpg20220914_123619 (resized).jpg20220914_123619 (resized).jpg20220914_123804 (resized).jpg20220914_123804 (resized).jpg
    #20663 1 year ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Psycho Stick was my first board....man those were big

#20664 1 year ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I just finished continuing the arcade blacklight stripes on the next wall, also to draw attention to the old Skool skatedecks I just started to collect. They looked pretty lonely by themselves. Since I got a 3d printer I have been printing 80's toys from my childhood like Motu and Gi joe that look like the real thing. Great for the retro arcade theme.
    The first pictures are with regular lights on which I never use. I have all blacklights.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!. I really like your paint scheme. You need a Radical machine now (though Dr. Dude fits the vibe great already).

#20665 1 year ago
    Quoted from doompin:

Nice!. I really like your paint scheme. You need a Radical machine now (though Dr. Dude fits the vibe great already).

Hah! Yes, I thought the same thing,I'm selling the Dude and hope to get a Radical soon. I was getting Town and Country Surf Designs and Skate or Die vibes.

#20666 1 year ago

Dang, got excited when I saw that Spidey, then realized it wasn't real....too bad, still cool but not the same.
    Last one I saw come up went for $7 grand so I definitely get it.
    Cool paint job, great looking room
    B

#20667 1 year ago

Just one side of the basement.

104_1534 (resized).JPG104_1534 (resized).JPG104_1535 (resized).JPG104_1535 (resized).JPG
    #20668 1 year ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

The first pictures are with regular lights on which I never use. I have all blacklights.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There may "bigger" or "better" gamerooms posted, but yours takes the cake. Literally stepping back in time to our youth with this room!!!

#20669 1 year ago

Dang, whatever MT45 did/does for a living, I need to start doing that as well. What an impressive game room and all the other stuff he talked about sounded super cool, except for the daughter getting kicked by a horse part.

#20670 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

...except for the daughter getting kicked by a horse part.

#20671 1 year ago
    Quoted from rod90:

Just one side of the basement.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I want your Gorf and your Berzerk!

Great set up.

#20672 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

I want your Gorf and your Berzerk!
    Great set up.

Berzerk was a Gyruss at one point. Gorf was a $50 garage sale find. They both took a lot to get them to where they are now.

That is just one half of the basement.

104_1537 (resized).JPG104_1537 (resized).JPG
    #20673 1 year ago
    Quoted from rod90:

Berzerk was a Gyruss at one point. Gorf was a $50 garage sale find. They both took a lot to get them to where they are now.
    That is just one half of the basement.
    [quoted image]

I grew up playing Gyruss in my house as a kid. My dad bought it for $200 from Aladdin’s Castle arcade when they were downsizing or rotating games. Gyruss is really fun, and I’m kicking myself for selling it in my 20’s to a coworker for his kids. My dad bought us a second arcade, called Mr. Viking, which was a scrolling vertical platform adventure that was pretty ridiculous. I haven’t played it in 25 years and I can still hear the music! We had a pool table and 2 arcade games, and in the 80’s-90’s kids thought our basement was Disneyland.

#20674 1 year ago

Stuck in the bay area away from the game house. But atleast my boys are crushing streets of rage on multicade!

Not much makes me happier!

F986EDC1-9B36-41E1-9E15-7D8588C3CD1C (resized).jpegF986EDC1-9B36-41E1-9E15-7D8588C3CD1C (resized).jpeg
    #20675 1 year ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Stuck in the bay area away from the game house. But atleast my boys are crushing streets of rage on multicade!
    Not much makes me happier!
    [quoted image]

Where did you get the LED movie poster frame from?

#20676 1 year ago

Bought them here over 10 years ago.

https://www.htmart.com/products/halolite-movie-poster-light-box-ts-12?variant=30216486486149&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpoPxqsSe-gIVRilMCh13qAFpEAQYASABEgJIivD_BwE

Commercial grade have held up great. They are much more expensive than when I bought them, but in my mind they are pretty timeless and worth it for the ambiance they create.

08B6CB9A-3379-442F-84AB-34FA829617FC (resized).jpeg08B6CB9A-3379-442F-84AB-34FA829617FC (resized).jpeg17A20D22-7B44-4AF5-ACCD-0F7BCA33DFE6 (resized).jpeg17A20D22-7B44-4AF5-ACCD-0F7BCA33DFE6 (resized).jpeg
    #20677 1 year ago

How are these more expensive than most of your top of the line TVs? The world just doesn't make any sense to me any more.

#20678 1 year ago

$2K each

#20679 1 year ago

Commercial grade. Maybe not for everyone but I would buy them again.

I can’t handle crap quality stuff.

#20680 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

How are these more expensive than most of your top of the line TVs?

Quoted from jorge5240:

Commercial grade. Maybe not for everyone but I would buy them again.
    I can’t handle crap quality stuff.

What kinda TV you got?

#20681 1 year ago

Projector but it is time for a new one. Anyone have any suggestions on a mid/upper end projectior?

CE84FF6F-22FC-4121-8243-865A4D872374 (resized).jpegCE84FF6F-22FC-4121-8243-865A4D872374 (resized).jpeg
    #20682 1 year ago

I’m a bit of a videophile and I could have bought a handful of nib pins for why I paid for it.

I would start with a budget, and buy one 2-4 years old.

Your room has high ambient light but that’s fine.

Projector central will allow you to compare models and let you know exactly how they will perform for your screen size and light conditions.

#20683 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

I’m a bit of a videophile and I could have bought a handful of nib pins for why I paid for it.
    I would start with a budget, and buy one 2-4 years old.
    Your room has high ambient light but that’s fine.
    Projector central will allow you to compare models and let you know exactly how they will perform for your screen size and light conditions.

I want 4k and it has to have the lense so that
    if fills the whole screen.

Was waiting for sports to be in 4k but basically waiving the white flag there.

Will have to start my search soon

#20684 1 year ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Projector but it is time for a new one. Anyone have any suggestions on a mid/upper end projectior?
    [quoted image]

When I'm due for a new projector, I read a bunch of reviews and other info on sites like https://projectorpeople.com, or the aforementioned projector central.

Some projectors are going to immediately be eliminated by limitations on how they are mounted, and or how much adjustment they have, along with having the appropriate brightness for your room. Use a projector calculator that has the specifications of the projectors you are looking for. The field will narrow itself down to a few, and then price and availability helps me sort out the best choice. When I built my theater 3 years ago (third one I've done) I went with a BenQ HT5550. It has worked very well in my application.

#20685 1 year ago

My small game room. Still a work in progress but getting there. Just added a Buck Hunter.

20220910_141649 (resized).jpg20220910_141649 (resized).jpg20220916_201928 (resized).jpg20220916_201928 (resized).jpg20220916_201953 (resized).jpg20220916_201953 (resized).jpg
    #20686 1 year ago

Gonna have to disagree with you sir. I have a small game room. This is a moderate sized, and a very nice looking, game room.

#20687 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

My small game room. Still a work in progress but getting there. Just added a Buck Hunter.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good neighbour

#20688 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Nice Arcade Legends,I love mine, I recommend getting the light gun for the games,Its not perfect but a good way to blow off steam like big buck hunter. Hopefully they don't outlaw those too?

#20689 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Man I love the stern banners, I just don't know where I would put them if I got a couple.

#20690 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Looks good neighbour

Thanks - come play sometime!

Quoted from Viggin900:

Nice Arcade Legends,I love mine, I recommend getting the light gun for the games,Its not perfect but a good way to blow off steam like big buck hunter. Hopefully they don't outlaw those too?

I do have an Aimtrak gun for the Atgames - it's not bad. I just got the yoke and driving box from Buystuff Arcades for it also, really good.

Quoted from ExSquid:

Man I love the stern banners, I just don't know where I would put them if I got a couple.

I have 2 basement separator screens in the basement so they hang nicely on those. Love pinball art and banners!

Quoted from CoachBacca:

Gonna have to disagree with you sir. I have a small game room. This is a moderate sized, and a very nice looking, game room.

I always see these giant basement arcades, mine always seems small in comparison, Thank you.

#20691 1 year ago

Go Bills!

#20692 1 year ago

YES!

NF-L-Buffalo-Bills-Flag-3ft-x-5ft-Polyester-Banner-90x150cm-white-sleeve-with-pure-Logo (resized).jpgNF-L-Buffalo-Bills-Flag-3ft-x-5ft-Polyester-Banner-90x150cm-white-sleeve-with-pure-Logo (resized).jpg
    #20693 1 year ago

I think you meant! I understand the confusion!

Quoted from kool1:YES!
    [quoted image]

5A434A31-262F-4A5E-8471-01FC1FB08F47 (resized).png5A434A31-262F-4A5E-8471-01FC1FB08F47 (resized).png
    #20695 1 year ago

I guess this would qualify as a gameroom question: anybody out there have a recommendation for a fußball (foosball) table? How much should I expect to spend? I looked on Amazon and prices were all over the map.

#20696 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I guess this would qualify as a gameroom question: anybody out there have a recommendation for a fußball (foosball) table? How much should I expect to spend? I looked on Amazon and prices were all over the map.

Buy a tornado. Don’t waste time with other brands. Check craigslist for used.

#20697 1 year ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

[quoted image]

Epson 3800. Or maybe the 3200 - no speakers, but more importantly, slightly less contrast than the 3800. Lens shifts, 4K, 18G HDMI, HDR10, etc.

Just up upgraded from a Epson 8350. 4K is nice, but I almost think the HDR10 is more important for the eye candy.

#20698 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

My small game room.

whats-so-bad-about-being-small.gifwhats-so-bad-about-being-small.gif
    #20699 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

Buy a tornado. Don’t waste time with other brands. Check craigslist for used.

This is good advice. Tornados really are the best.

But...I got this one* for my kids because I wasn't sure how much they would play it (answer: not much), and I have been quite happy with it. Sturdy enough and plays well if you don't want to go all-in on the tornado.

*looks like a slightly newer model than what I have, but mine has held up well for the last 5 yrs
    https://www.wayfair.com/ESPN--ESPN-56-Foosball-Soccer-Table-with-Playing-Accessories-SOC056_218E-L1305-K~EASP1001.html

#20700 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I’ll echo the support for a Tornado. Wickedly cheap compared to a new pin!

680CB43D-A7B7-4A45-8408-DB2B28247AD9 (resized).jpeg680CB43D-A7B7-4A45-8408-DB2B28247AD9 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 414 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/414?hl=supergrafx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.