Topic Stats

• 23,836 posts - Hot topic!
  • 2,345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 minutes ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 1,121 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

adcc8631-0ad1-436f-bac6-b92e38c5e4b1 (resized).jpg
    cde76292-235b-4aeb-93ad-e03a4f86cf0e (resized).jpg
    396724a8-c984-4b78-823c-5182cb817327 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205403289 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205413200 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205452551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205433432 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205443930 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205502934 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205514994 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205521414 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205546968 (resized).jpg
    20240421_204123 (resized).jpg
    20240421_210141 (resized).jpg
    dp8 (resized).jpg
    df18 (resized).jpg
    There are 23,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 409 of 477.
    #20401 1 year ago
    Quoted from JustLikeMe:

It's been a long time coming, but I can finally contribute to this thread. Moved earlier this year to a house which had an outbuilding that had previously been used as a workshop - wasn't much to look at, but it had three phase electric and running water at least:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    I immediately saw the potential for a pin room - I'm just lucky my wife liked the house attached - and got to work on it a couple of months ago. Building work finished last week, and I moved the machines in this week. Incredibly happy with the outcome.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That is a very cool space. Loving the expsoed beams. It feels like there should be a dartboard on the wall somewhere.

#20402 1 year ago

Absolutely amazing! Congratulations!

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

It's been a long time coming, but I can finally contribute to this thread. Moved earlier this year to a house which had an outbuilding that had previously been used as a workshop - wasn't much to look at, but it had three phase electric and running water at least:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    I immediately saw the potential for a pin room - I'm just lucky my wife liked the house attached - and got to work on it a couple of months ago. Building work finished last week, and I moved the machines in this week. Incredibly happy with the outcome.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

#20403 1 year ago

This thread is pure inspiration.

#20404 1 year ago

May be building a beach house Prob have a 7 pin arcade. What electrical service upgrade should I ask the electrician? Dedicated service for wall outlets? Thx for any help if you have done electrical in your gameroom.

#20405 1 year ago

"Before" views, and current views of my game room. I had much more mobility in positioning the camera before the project. 97 electrical outlets have been installed in this room so far, and every time I find another gadget, I add another outlet. Unfinished ceiling makes it real easy.

It has kind of morphed from a game room into a museum over the last six years.

before-and-after (resized).jpgbefore-and-after (resized).jpg

#20406 1 year ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:May be building a beach house Prob have a 7 pin arcade. What electrical service upgrade should I ask the electrician? Dedicated service for wall outlets? Thx for any help if you have done electrical in your gameroom.

As a electrician I would wire one outlet (20Amp) per two games. if your upgrading service always go 200 amp service because labor is the same weather its 100 amp or 200 amp and more is always better to have especially if you add more machines.

#20407 1 year ago

I run twenty machines on a dedicated 32 amp curcuit. It runs the lights as well. (240v here)

#20408 1 year ago

I have had success running seven machines (built from 1992 thru to 2019) on a single 20 amp circuit. However, they all have either been 100% converted or are factory fitted with LEDs throughout. Originally didn't plan to have this many pins, but you all know how they multiply.....

Converting to LEDs reduces the electrical load to somewhere around 35-40% on each machine. I have never had an issue or blown breaker running them all at once. But if you have new construction, now is the time to add extra circuits. I put all of the outlets 48 in. off the floor in order to hide the electrical cords.

Thinking about it, I also have a 50s juke box, couple of neon signs, and a crane game on this same circuit. I know I'm pushing it to the limit.

If I did it again, I'd split the machines into at least two and preferably three circuits.

#20409 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I have had success running seven machines (built from 1992 thru to 2019) on a single 20 amp circuit. However, they all have either been 100% converted or are factory fitted with LEDs throughout. Originally didn't plan to have this many pins, but you all know how they multiply.....
    Converting to LEDs reduces the electrical load to somewhere around 35-40% on each machine. I have never had an issue or blown breaker running them all at once. But if you have new construction, now is the time to add extra circuits. I put all of the outlets 48 in. off the floor in order to hide the electrical cords.
    Thinking about it, I also have a 50s juke box, couple of neon signs, and a crane game on this same circuit. I know I'm pushing it to the limit.
    If I did it again, I'd split the machines into at least two and preferably three circuits.

Hey man awesome game room but this is pinside, you gotta at least include a pin row pic. (Sorry laughing emoji not showing up for some reason)

#20410 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

Hey man awesome game room but this is pinside, you gotta at least include a pin row pic.

I agree, we need to see it!

#20411 1 year ago

Okay. OKAY! Pinball Alley

image003 (resized).jpgimage003 (resized).jpg

#20412 1 year ago

Here is my Humble game room =)

I converted 2/3 of my garage to a game room/ theater room with 120 inch Short throw laser projector.

IMG_3567 (resized).jpgIMG_3567 (resized).jpgIMG_3568 (resized).jpgIMG_3568 (resized).jpg
    #20413 1 year ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

May be building a beach house Prob have a 7 pin arcade. What electrical service upgrade should I ask the electrician? Dedicated service for wall outlets? Thx for any help if you have done electrical in your gameroom.

I run 4 pins on each 15 amp breaker and never a problem with that.
    I would feed 220 into the panel as suggested above if you can.

#20414 1 year ago

Fix it Felix! Is it original?! Where did you find one?! I have to get one! I’m going to have to hide these pictures from the better half! When she sees the floor I will be forced into the same thing! Lol

Quoted from Rscontrino:

Here is my Humble game room =)
    I converted 2/3 of my garage to a game room/ theater room with 120 inch Short throw laser projector.[quoted image][quoted image]

#20415 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Fix it Felix! Is it original?! Where did you find one?! I have to get one! I’m going to have to hide these pictures from the better half! When she sees the floor I will be forced into the same thing! Lol

Disney made about 20 of them for promotion and the parks, they also gave a few away for a contest. They show up on eBay every once in a while but for ridiculous amounts of money. They made them out of Donkey Kong cabinets.

This is a replica that I put together, but I bought the artwork off someone who scanned the original so it’s very accurate. It also has the original Fix it Felix application that Disney used.

It was a fun project finding the cabinet, applying the artwork, wiring up my control panel Jamma to PC, finding a graphics card that would out put to a super low resolution to a CRT etc

IMG_3569 (resized).JPGIMG_3569 (resized).JPGIMG_3571 (resized).JPGIMG_3571 (resized).JPGIMG_3572 (resized).JPGIMG_3572 (resized).JPG
    #20416 1 year ago

Congratulations! I would kill to have one! I thought about doing what you did but plans never came together.

Quoted from Rscontrino:Disney made about 20 of them for promotion and the parks, they also gave a few away for a contest. They show up on eBay every once in a while but for ridiculous amounts of money. They made them out of Donkey Kong cabinets.
    This is a replica that I put together, but I bought the artwork off someone who scanned the original so it’s very accurate. It also has the original Fix it Felix application that Disney used.
    It was a fun project finding the cabinet, applying the artwork, wiring up my control panel Jamma to PC, finding a graphics card that would out put to a super low resolution to a CRT etc [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#20417 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Okay. OKAY! Pinball Alley
    [quoted image]

Impressive set up!

#20418 1 year ago

sitting in an unfinished basement for now, I have to finish up the master bathroom/closet reno before I can start doing anything down there

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I need to work where ever you guys work so I can afford game rooms like those
    (My daughter also plays down there hence the panda mat and stuff)

#20419 1 year ago
    Quoted from JustLikeMe:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Well done!

#20420 1 year ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

sitting in an unfinished basement for now, I have to finish up the master bathroom/closet reno before I can start doing anything down there
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That is a very respectable lineup! I am in the same boat as you when it comes to priority of renovations. #1 Master Bath #2 Kitchen #3 Basement/Game room.

#20421 1 year ago

Looks amazing! I need to work where you work so I can get a few more pins!which coleco tabletop is that?

Quoted from Malenko:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

#20422 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Looks amazing! I need to work where you work so I can get a few more pins!which coleco tabletop is that?

The one on the shelf is a Ms.Pacman , I also have scramble , a sears driving , and a few others. They are still neat to this day, but I'm apprehensive about letting my 2yr old play with them. I have more vids behind the shelf and furnace and she loves smashing the buttons on them

#20423 1 year ago

Lol! I miss when mine were babies! They don’t really grow out of breaking your stuff my oldest is 15 and left a popsicle on the couch only to sit in it an hour later! Everything I want to keep still sits in my bedroom closet!

Quoted from Malenko:

The one on the shelf is a Ms.Pacman , I also have scramble , a sears driving , and a few others. They are still neat to this day, but I'm apprehensive about letting my 2yr old play with them. I have more vids behind the shelf and furnace and she loves smashing the buttons on them

#20424 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Lol! I miss when mine were babies! They don’t really grow out of breaking your stuff my oldest is 15 and left a popsicle on the couch only to sit in it an hour later! Everything I want to keep still sits in my bedroom closet!

LOL no doubt about that. I built my kid a 15x15 space in our basement so he can practice hockey and occasionally soccer. It’s double-netted and has walls for goals. Anyway, he is supposed to drop the nets when he’s down there - the space is right next to the game room.

I’m down in the game room yesterday and a soccer ball comes flying through the “goal” and I hear something hit the floor. He’s kicked the ball RIGHT through the space - nets not dropped, and cleaves off the key to my EHOH. The head is on the floor, the rest of the key STILL in the lock. Ay ay ay

#20425 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL no doubt about that. I built my kid a 15x15 space in our basement so he can practice hockey and occasionally soccer. It’s double-netted and has walls for goals. Anyway, he is supposed to drop the nets when he’s down there - the space is right next to the game room.
    I’m down in the game room yesterday and a soccer ball comes flying through the “goal” and I hear something hit the floor. He’s kicked the ball RIGHT through the space - nets not dropped, and cleaves off the key to my EHOH. The head is on the floor, the rest of the key STILL in the lock. Ay ay ay

#20426 1 year ago

Lmfao! I’m definitely stealing that one!!!

#20427 1 year ago

Yes! Sounds like my house for sure! I haven’t had anything break in the game area yet… hopefully nothing will happen! However, I’m scared of the day I go on vacation and come back to the aftermath of a party.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:LOL no doubt about that. I built my kid a 15x15 space in our basement so he can practice hockey and occasionally soccer. It’s double-netted and has walls for goals. Anyway, he is supposed to drop the nets when he’s down there - the space is right next to the game room.

#20428 1 year ago
    Quoted from JustLikeMe:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

This turned out amazing, really love the beams. Great execution of your vision!

#20429 1 year ago

Finally finished the window trim (and put out some ducks). After the flood I got back to where I left off then got lazy. Also got some dock floats today. If you can't move em, float em!!! That's Plan B, hopefully never needed!

20220728_184419 (resized).jpg20220728_184419 (resized).jpg20220728_184622 (resized).jpg20220728_184622 (resized).jpg

#20430 1 year ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Finally finished the window trim (and put out some ducks). After the flood I got back to where I left off then got lazy. Also got some dock floats today. If you can't move em, float em!!! That's Plan B, hopefully never needed!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Well, that's certainly something I never expected to see in this thread. I hope you don't ever need it either; but, you may want to consider adding one more game to that room. I don't know much about floods; but, seem to recall something about 2x2 being a part of it... you may need an even number and I only count 7 games in there.

#20431 1 year ago

10, we're good for now!

16590523180433975846592224554100 (resized).jpg16590523180433975846592224554100 (resized).jpg
    #20433 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Yes! Sounds like my house for sure! I haven’t had anything break in the game area yet… hopefully nothing will happen! However, I’m scared of the day I go on vacation and come back to the aftermath of a party.

Yep! I’m most concerned about the games which have mirrored back glasses - but I’ve turned them away from the doorway JUST in case!

#20434 1 year ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

10, we're good for now!
    [quoted image]

Aw! You need a little inflatable baby floaties for the Bell Ringer. Stick them right on the legs.

#20435 1 year ago

Six minute walk-thru of my favorite hangout.

#20436 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Favorite game in the entire room?

#20437 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

Favorite game in the entire room?

Tough call. If I picked one, the others will find out and boycott me.....

#20438 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Wow! I really love seeing all the creativity and effort that you put into that space.

#20439 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

So cool. Thanks for sharing!

#20440 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

How do you like the polished concrete as floors in CO? Just thinking about options for when we finish our basement.

#20441 1 year ago

Looks like epoxy.

Quoted from jubjub:

How do you like the polished concrete as floors in CO? Just thinking about options for when we finish our basement.

#20442 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Looks like epoxy.

Actually it's polyaspartic. Starts with a base "binder" coat, then the 2-part Polyaspartic material goes over it. Also, there's about 200 lbs. of aluminum flakes added to that mix to give it the silver appearance.

They trowel it on, exposing some of the black base coat, then spritz it with acetone in places to cause the "cloud" swirl appearance.

Very cool floor, heavy duty, can withstand heavy machines dragged across it. Better choice than epoxy since it cures fast and I didn't have to abandon the house for days - very low odor when it's curing.
    img03 (resized).jpgimg03 (resized).jpg
    img20 (resized).jpgimg20 (resized).jpg
    img21 (resized).jpgimg21 (resized).jpg
    img26 (resized).jpgimg26 (resized).jpg
    img29 (resized).jpgimg29 (resized).jpg

#20443 1 year ago
    Quoted from jubjub:

Hope you don't mind me jumping in. I'm in Colorado Springs and in the process of finishing my basement. One of the biggest questions I had was how I was going to finish the floor. I researched carpeting options, LVP, epoxy, etc. In the end I felt all those options were too expensive for a basement (I'm a cheapskate) so I decided on doing it myself using a blend of two acid stain colors followed by a couple of coats of acrylic sealer. It took an incredible amount of back-breaking labor but the results were worth it to me. I think it looks bitchin'. Total cost was about $600 in materials.
    Basement_01 (resized).jpgBasement_01 (resized).jpg

#20444 1 year ago

This one is still my all time favorite, someday......

John

000dd2456a8f0f08759599265edf2c25 (resized).jpg000dd2456a8f0f08759599265edf2c25 (resized).jpg
    #20445 1 year ago

First time I’ve heard of that! I was originally going to get epoxy in my ”gym” once I fined but I truly like the idea of quick dry and the fact that you can drag things across it!

Quoted from ramegoom:

Actually it's polyaspartic. Starts with a base "binder" coat, then the 2-part Polyaspartic material goes over it. Also, there's about 200 lbs. of aluminum flakes added to that mix to give it the silver appearance.
    They trowel it on, exposing some of the black base coat, then spritz it with acetone in places to cause the "cloud" swirl appearance.
    Very cool floor, heavy duty, can withstand heavy machines dragged across it. Better choice than epoxy since it cures fast and I didn't have to abandon the house for days - very low odor when it's curing.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

#20446 1 year ago

Looks great! I’m a “do-it-yourself” kind of guy as well. I’m not going to do that kind of work! I would like to think I would but I tend to leave the “finish” for a professional! That way I don’t see all of my mistakes! Lol

Quoted from John_C:Hope you don't mind me jumping in. I'm in Colorado Springs and in the process of finishing my basement. One of the biggest questions I had was how I was going to finish the floor. I researched carpeting options, LVP, epoxy, etc. In the end I felt all those options were too expensive for a basement (I'm a cheapskate) so I decided on doing it myself using a blend of two acid stain colors followed by a couple of coats of acrylic sealer. It took an incredible amount of back-breaking labor but the results were worth it to me. I think it looks bitchin'. Total cost was about $600 in materials.
    [quoted image]

#20447 1 year ago
    Quoted from IBARAKURO:

Gameroom update
    [quoted image]

ooo light up them candycabs!

#20448 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Fantastic!

#20449 1 year ago

Video of my original gameroom, pre-divorce. Most of those games gone, house gone. Pictured is my post-divorce new room no more wife empty canvas. whole new vibe!

Screenshot (727) (resized).pngScreenshot (727) (resized).pngScreenshot (728) (resized).pngScreenshot (728) (resized).pngScreenshot (729) (resized).pngScreenshot (729) (resized).png
    #20450 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pyromedic:

Video of my original gameroom, pre-divorce. Most of those games gone, house gone. Pictured is my post-divorce new room no more wife empty canvas. whole new vibe!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Here's to you getting a nicer collection and an even better wife!

zzzzz1213.gifzzzzz1213.gif
    There are 23,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 409 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/409?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.