Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 402 of 477.
    #20051 1 year ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

That Creature from the Black Lagoon is such a beauty! Does it have the hologram? Either way, I'm adding this to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing!

thanks . yes , still perfect green .

#20052 1 year ago
    Quoted from Staf:

thanks . yes , still perfect green .

Getting rarer!! Such a gem!

#20053 1 year ago

Current state of the game room.

We're moving in a couple of months and have sold the house to a fellow pinball collector that lives about 1/2 mile away. We were texting a couple days ago and he said he was putting his 5 games in a POD on the driveway for 3 months while they stage the house before going on the market.

I said no you're not.

His are the green ones in back along with the totes. Mine are the 3 in front.

Once done, we couldn't play much pinball but we didn't care.

0466DDE4-9186-4404-97E8-C347943ECF19_1_105_c (resized).jpeg0466DDE4-9186-4404-97E8-C347943ECF19_1_105_c (resized).jpeg38D7E1F1-9DB6-4E39-9548-4C12AD275C92_1_105_c (resized).jpeg38D7E1F1-9DB6-4E39-9548-4C12AD275C92_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    #20054 1 year ago
    20220521_110208 (resized).jpg20220521_110208 (resized).jpg20220521_110228 (resized).jpg20220521_110228 (resized).jpg
    #20055 1 year ago

Latest lineup, main pinball room... room for 2 more (TWD, DP, GZ, SW), game/poolroom stragler....room for 1 more (JP) and office ....at capacity (GnFnR)

lineup (resized).pnglineup (resized).png

#20056 1 year ago

Basement remodel finally finished, displaying the comics and toys was my wife's idea. Gotta love her.

20220523_164342 (resized).jpg20220523_164342 (resized).jpg20220312_114741 (resized).jpg20220312_114741 (resized).jpg20220523_164425 (resized).jpg20220523_164425 (resized).jpg20220129_153257 (resized).jpg20220129_153257 (resized).jpg20220225_215435 (resized).jpg20220225_215435 (resized).jpg20220225_213712 (resized).jpg20220225_213712 (resized).jpg20220523_164729 (resized).jpg20220523_164729 (resized).jpg20220312_115641 (resized).jpg20220312_115641 (resized).jpg101042 (resized).jpeg101042 (resized).jpeg20220523_164758 (resized).jpg20220523_164758 (resized).jpg20220518_114428 (resized).jpg20220518_114428 (resized).jpg20220523_180542 (resized).jpg20220523_180542 (resized).jpg
    #20057 1 year ago

Every machine has a key. And every key has a place. And the perfect place for keys is in-between a pair of wall joists.

Right?

key-wall (resized).jpgkey-wall (resized).jpg
    #20058 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

The perfect place for keys is in-between a pair of wall joists.

Just make sure you remember where you put those keys after you drywall over the joists.

#20060 1 year ago

Man, dusting anything is an issue. I always wondered if an air purifier would really reduce the amount of dust...

#20061 1 year ago
    Quoted from plovis:

Basement remodel finally finished, displaying the comics and toys was my wife's idea. Gotta love her.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. How did you hang the comic books?

#20063 1 year ago

Those are cats, not dolls.

#20064 1 year ago
    Quoted from plovis:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Incredible looking game room! Where did you get the " I aim to misbehave" sign?

The collectibles really add a ton of character to the whole area.

#20065 1 year ago
    Quoted from plovis:

[

Really love the colors and finishings. Classy vibes.

#20066 1 year ago
    Quoted from plovis:

Legit Mancave.

#20067 1 year ago
    Quoted from plovis:

Bravo.. Beautiful set up!.. that Tales from the crypt will fit in great by that comic wall ..

Just be careful if you house any serious tournaments, some of these guys have this back-kick move.. lol.

#20068 1 year ago
    Quoted from plovis:

great looking gameroom

#20069 1 year ago

I think you are reffering to the Transformer collection, which was popular in the late 80's early 90's but did probably not reach Australia
    Any gameroom the owner likes is great, it is his gameroom, if another person thinks he can do better, then do so and show us.
    Collections are sometimes part of these gamerooms, I like that, tells something about their other hobbies. And there is more in the world than just pinball, although we know that it is one of the most important parts next to oxygen
    Awesome transformer collection by the way.

#20071 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Every machine has a key. And every key has a place. And the perfect place for keys is in-between a pair of wall joists.
    Right?[quoted image]

damn! congrats! you have very good taste! Very elegant game room!

#20072 1 year ago

Action Figures, not dolls.

#20073 1 year ago

Thanks all. Really love how it came together.

Quoted from JakePG:

Awesome. How did you hang the comic books?

Just found some simple hangers online. Top and bottom pieces that screw into the wall and the comics go in between them.

Quoted from koji:

Bravo.. Beautiful set up!.. that Tales from the crypt will fit in great by that comic wall ..
    Just be careful if you house any serious tournaments, some of these guys have this back-kick move.. lol.

Thanks! and I know, I love that pin.

Not as often as I did when I was younger, to be fair. Fortunately the dark and moody vibe going on hides most of the dust.

Quoted from PeterG:

I think you are reffering to the Transformer collection, which was popular in the late 80's early 90's but did probably not reach Australia
    Any gameroom the owner likes is great, it is his gameroom, if another person thinks he can do better, then do so and show us.
    Collections are sometimes part of these gamerooms, I like that, tells something about their other hobbies. And there is more in the world than just pinball, although we know that it is one of the most important parts next to oxygen

Thanks!

Yep, thats it.

#20074 1 year ago

The first rule of action figures is you don't talk about action figures.

That being said, it really was a genius move when Hasbro invented the term.

#20075 1 year ago
    Quoted from plovis:

Awesome bar! Makes me want a bourbon cocktail. Is this the transformer that turned into something like a cassette player? I remember having one like that when I was young. Soundwave! Good times.

8D948F8D-60FA-49D1-A80A-2EBB0484DB03 (resized).jpeg8D948F8D-60FA-49D1-A80A-2EBB0484DB03 (resized).jpeg

#20077 1 year ago
    eb1a45e9-9829-4f21-b0db-09d1c0199a27_text.gifeb1a45e9-9829-4f21-b0db-09d1c0199a27_text.gif
    #20078 1 year ago
    Quoted from plovis:

As a pinsider who has gotten a little loopy in this basement. I can say that it is all kinds of classy vibe! It's awesome... Let's not forget the fancy toilet!

#20079 1 year ago

"It's not a purse! It's a satchel! and Indiana Jones has one!"

#20080 1 year ago

The comics and that huge Lobo art look amazing! Love the Transformers collection too. I used to have a huge bin of those from when I was a kid, and they just walked away one day. No idea where they went. Right around when I split up with my first wife ....

Anyway, looks amazing.

#20081 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

Awesome bar! Makes me want a bourbon cocktail. Is this the transformer that turned into something like a cassette player? I remember having one like that when I was young. Soundwave! Good times.
    [quoted image]

That's the one. I had him too. I recall his legs got loose or something and he wouldn't stand up any more

#20083 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Right?[quoted image]

Amazing... Great work all the way around.

And an awesome entrance, Like a leaf on the wind....

#20084 1 year ago

After 15 years of no game room, I put this together over the past 3 years. Smaller but happy with the outcome.

#20085 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

[quoted image]

Bet your ass. Soundwave with Lazerbeak and Ravage next to him.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The comics and that huge Lobo art look amazing! Love the Transformers collection too. I used to have a huge bin of those from when I was a kid, and they just walked away one day. No idea where they went. Right around when I split up with my first wife ....
    Anyway, looks amazing.

Thanks! I know what you mean. This is mostly just what I held onto over the years. Who knows what all else made its way to my parents yard sales.

Quoted from luckycreature:

Amazing... Great work all the way around.
    And an awesome entrance, Like a leaf on the wind....

watch how I soar...

#20086 1 year ago
    Quoted from polishedball:

After 15 years of no game room, I put this together over the past 3 years. Smaller but happy with the outcome.

I love it when the boys post pics of their game room/mancave and I love it more when they post videos of it. Looking good brutha!

#20087 1 year ago
    Quoted from plovis:

Love the Lobo stuff - do you have Lobo versus the DC Universe? Lobo takes on Superman, Flash and everyone...lol

#20088 1 year ago
    Quoted from PeterG:

Yes it is and i was not trying to dis his room.

But there's lots of other people with other dolls, star wars and all sorts of stuff, some of it lifesize. I just wanted to know if they got used anymore and the OP answered without the downvotes.

If i grow out of stuff i put it away or give it away, i don't have any childhood toys, so wanted to understand.

How rude of me

#20089 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

But there's lots of other people with other dolls, star wars and all sorts of stuff, some of it lifesize. I just wanted to know if they got used anymore and the OP answered without the downvotes.
    If i grow out of stuff i put it away or give it away, i don't have any childhood toys, so wanted to understand.
    How rude of me

Maybe a little rude calling them "little dolls" and asking if the collector (OP) gets them out and plays with them. Unless you are a complete recluse, some people do display retro toys. Not that far fetch of a concept. Usually toys that belong to a boys are considered "toys" and not "dolls". Kinda too late to backpetal at this point.

#20090 1 year ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Maybe a little rude calling them "little dolls" and asking if the collector (OP) gets them out and plays with them. Unless you are a complete recluse, some people do display retro toys. Not that far fetch of a concept. Usually toys that belong to a boys are considered "toys" and not "dolls". Kinda too late to backpetal at this point.

I am not backpedalling at all mate and i don't know why people want to turn these things into shitfights. I didn't ask you the question so i don't know why you should be joining in.

In my eyes there is no distinction between 'action figures' (who are not performing actions) and dolls? They are dolls. They are little, and they are dolls.

I asked if the op played with them as a way to find out what purpose the provide if you don't.

Yes, some people do display children's toys and i have always wondered why. So i asked an owner. The owner was quite happy to answer my question, it's others like you who have taken offense on the behalf of doll owners everywhere.

#20091 1 year ago

Hosted a friendly "Slot Competition" game with the neighborhood. Six people per set, 8 slot machines to choose from. Several 10 minute sets, two pounds of tokens per ten-buck buy-in, and in the end, 1st, 2nd. and 3rd place winners split the kitty.

I have a variety of different machines there so you won't get bored. Then there are the bar-flies...

70 people piled into the game room. Nice crowd, so we do this a few times throughout the year.

#20092 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

it's others like you who have taken offense on the behalf of doll owners everywhere.

There’s a respectful way to inquire about dolls and a condescending way…and 17…nope, 19 people have noted it as the latter. Nobody’s turning this into a poop fight but most people simply appreciate respectful dialogue and its a good thing to be encouraged to move to the respect side of the spectrum.

#20093 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I am not backpedalling at all mate and i don't know why people want to turn these things into shitfights. I didn't ask you the question so i don't know why you should be joining in.
    In my eyes there is no distinction between 'action figures' (who are not performing actions) and dolls? They are dolls. They are little, and they are dolls.
    I asked if the op played with them as a way to find out what purpose the provide if you don't.
    Yes, some people do display children's toys and i have always wondered why. So i asked an owner. The owner was quite happy to answer my question, it's others like you who have taken offense on the behalf of doll owners everywhere.

Regional differences in the US, the word "doll" is understood to be exclusively meant to refer to little girls' toys. In the UK, it's a little more generic - Australia too I have to assume. So "Little Dolls", while an awesome Ozzy song, came off a little different than you intended to the guys in the States. Why am I even getting involved in this? LOL

#20095 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Regional differences in the US, the word "doll" is understood to be exclusively meant to refer to little girls' toys. In the UK, it's a little more generic - Australia too I have to assume. So "Little Dolls", while an awesome Ozzy song, came off a little different than you intended to the guys in the States. Why am I even getting involved in this? LOL

Why would you differentiate between a doll for a girl or a doll for a boy? Have their pushbikes got different nomenclature there? What other toys are called different things depending who plays with them?

And why would people think it's disrespectful to call something what it is. It's like people there don't want to be associated with the word dolls, so made up an entirely new mane for them and no i'm a bastard for using a generic term.

I understand well there are regional differences, but maybe some of you people should reciprocate. Dolls are dolls here as far as i have ever known.

Quoted from Riefepeters:

There’s a respectful way to inquire about dolls and a condescending way…and 17…nope, 19 people have noted it as the latter. Nobody’s turning this into a poop fight but most people simply appreciate respectful dialogue and its a good thing to be encouraged to move to the respect side of the spectrum.

There's one person you forgot and that was the person i asked and who answered.

#20097 1 year ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

Love the Lobo stuff - do you have Lobo versus the DC Universe? Lobo takes on Superman, Flash and everyone...lol

Thanks man. I have some older collections that have some of the stuff from Adventures of Superman, which is fantastic. I've also picked up two of the new Superman vs Lobo comics which are good, but I will always be more of a Simon Bisley guy.

Quoted from punkin:

How rude of me

You know the best part is that I initially read your post as "balls" instead of "dolls" and it seemed way more aggressive.

No worries man, and really I wouldn't care if you were giving me shit or not. I've taken a number of friends to take a look and several have looked at me like I'm nuts. I'm not even totally sure I would have gone this road myself if my wife hadn't brought it up. I've had these things in boxes for years and she told me if they're worth keeping, then they're worth displaying. I wasn't about to argue.

Thats what I love about this page, everyone has different things that make them happy and you get to see all sides of it.

#20098 1 year ago
    Quoted from plovis:

You know the best part is that I initially read your post as "balls" instead of "dolls" and it seemed way more aggressive.
    No worries man, and really I wouldn't care if you were giving me shit or not. I've taken a number of friends to take a look and several have looked at me like I'm nuts. I'm not even totally sure I would have gone this road myself if my wife hadn't brought it up. I've had these things in boxes for years and she told me if they're worth keeping, then they're worth displaying. I wasn't about to argue.
    Thats what I love about this page, everyone has different things that make them happy and you get to see all sides of it.

You get it. cheers.

I do like seeing all the different things, even though i don't understand why people have life size mannequins of Star Wars figures, marvel characters and in some cases roman soldiers.

I'll know not to ask in future though.

#20099 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Why would you differentiate between a doll for a girl or a doll for a boy? Have their pushbikes got different nomenclature there? What other toys are called different things depending who plays with them?
    And why would people think it's disrespectful to call something what it is. It's like people there don't want to be associated with the word dolls, so made up an entirely new mane for them and no i'm a bastard for using a generic term.
    I understand well there are regional differences, but maybe some of you people should reciprocate. Dolls are dolls here as far as i have ever known.

There's one person you forgot and that was the person i asked and who answered.

Right, I think that was his point, that you may have been using dolls simply to refer to collectible toys, whereas in America, dolls for many people refer mostly to the type girls usually have. No matter. Lotsa people here have collectibles from Star Wars figures to GI Joe, Masters of the Universe, or even big, colorful, quarter-eating toys like pinball machines!

#20100 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

You get it. cheers.
    I do like seeing all the different things, even though i don't understand why people have life size mannequins of Star Wars figures, marvel characters and in some cases roman soldiers.

I don't think anyone on this site has any room to be questioning other people’s interests or hobbies. We’re all a bunch of idiots who waste money on things that make us happy which most other people don’t understand.

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 402 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/402?hl=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.