Topic Stats

• 23,731 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 minutes ago by pinlink
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240329_010145474 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240329_010155166 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6895 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6906 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6907 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6908 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg

There are 23,731 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 475.
    #19951 1 year ago

That Flynn neon reminds of the time when I was working for Disney, on the studio grounds and wandered into the prop storage area. There was the velvet couch from 20,000 Leagues under the Sea, above that was the Bicentennial Man, and over the door - the original Flynn's sign.

#19952 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Couldn't agree with you more!! Fixing this 40+ year old car prepared me well to fix my own pins right from day one!

Very cool. When I worked at Universal, we once snuck into the Back to the Future DeLorean. Still remember how cool that was. Fun car.

#19953 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:That Flynn neon reminds of the time when I was working for Disney, on the studio grounds and wandered into the prop storage area. There was the velvet couch from 20,000 Leagues under the Sea, above that was the Bicentennial Man, and over the door - the original Flynn's sign.

That would have been amazing

#19954 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

"...it's addictive!"
    "...won't be long before you get your second machine!"
    "...down the wormhole we go!"
    Funny, I didn't have a single game less than two years ago. Now look at this mess! [quoted image][quoted image]

That’s as beautiful a mess as I’ve ever seen.

#19955 1 year ago

Started on the blacklight wall paint upgrade, before & after

IMG_4605 (resized).JPGIMG_4605 (resized).JPGIMG_4677 (resized).JPGIMG_4677 (resized).JPG
    #19956 1 year ago
    Quoted from bobloblaw:

Started on the blacklight wall paint upgrade, before & after
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I'd be interested in reading Bob Loblaw's Blacklight Wall and Law Blog, fwiw.

#19957 1 year ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

I'd be interested in reading Bob Loblaw's Blacklight Wall and Law Blog, fwiw.

That's a mouthful

#19958 1 year ago
    Quoted from bobloblaw:

That's a mouthful

Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?

#19959 1 year ago
    Quoted from bobloblaw:

That's a mouthful

I tried to say it out loud 3 times really fast and my wife thought I was having a stroke .

#19960 1 year ago
    A492065F-BDAA-4295-AE7E-9FEC013659B1 (resized).pngA492065F-BDAA-4295-AE7E-9FEC013659B1 (resized).png
    #19961 1 year ago
    Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Seeing a lineup of all brand-new Sterns is like going to a Saturday night car show and seeing a row of 1-2 year old sports cars. They are of course awesome and beautiful pieces of machinery...but a hodgepodge of classics of all eras, makes, and condition is far more interesting. It also teaches you a lot more (cars & pins).

Definitely need different eras and manufacturers, unique features. I love to have different years of pin tech even though I have 4 from 1989. What can I say I am a product of the 80s

20190524_233258 (resized).jpg20190524_233258 (resized).jpg20200216_082824 (resized).jpg20200216_082824 (resized).jpg20200322_094302 (resized).jpg20200322_094302 (resized).jpg20200322_094334 (resized).jpg20200322_094334 (resized).jpg20200405_185239 (resized).jpg20200405_185239 (resized).jpg20210417_141815 (resized).jpg20210417_141815 (resized).jpg20210523_112843 (resized).jpg20210523_112843 (resized).jpg20211209_180558 (resized).jpg20211209_180558 (resized).jpg20220404_181628 (resized).jpg20220404_181628 (resized).jpg20220428_162920 (resized).jpg20220428_162920 (resized).jpg
    #19962 1 year ago

Just to prove that a bank of Sterns can be an exciting prospect. 26 machines here, but only 4 Sterns.

ff8 (resized).jpgff8 (resized).jpg

#19963 1 year ago

#19964 1 year ago

Rush joins the club.
    What an amazing game!!!

20220501_005559 (resized).jpg20220501_005559 (resized).jpg
    #19965 1 year ago

Here is my modest game / arcade room. It's our formal dining room. When we moved to our new house my wife and decided we never use a formal dining room, ever so why not use it as a game room. I have room for one pin, a couple Arcade1Ups, our boardgame / DnD mini fig and prop shelf, and boardgame table (It's a Game Topper, LLC). I know, I need to get UV filter on that window ASAP. My Baywatch is already faded though.

IMG_20220501_145825778 (resized).jpgIMG_20220501_145825778 (resized).jpg

#19966 1 year ago

Fuck the furniture off that you never use and you'll fit 6 or 8 pins in there.

#19967 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I hear yeah, but we use that table all the time for board games and cards and the shelf is very much used as well. I have a semi-finished basement that I could populate with pins, but right now its still setup with kids stuff, it's not a walk-out, and has a turn going down the steps. Trucking a pin down there will be a pain.

#19968 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Here is my modest game / arcade room. It's our formal dining room. When we moved to our new house my wife and decided we never use a formal dining room, ever so why not use it as a game room. I have room for one pin, a couple Arcade1Ups, our boardgame / DnD mini fig and prop shelf, and boardgame table (It's a Game Topper, LLC). I know, I need to get UV filter on that window ASAP. My Baywatch is already faded though.

How is Big Buck? I have a friend that likes the arcade game but can't afford one. I though of picking one of those up for him. Thx

#19969 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I hear yeah, but we use that table all the time for board games and cards and the shelf is very much used as well. I have a semi-finished basement that I could populate with pins, but right now its still setup with kids stuff, it's not a walk-out, and has a turn going down the steps. Trucking a pin down there will be a pain.

Love boardgames too. Although we tend to the longer format narrative stuff that requires a ton of space.

#19970 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

How is Big Buck? I have a friend that likes the arcade game but can't afford one. I though of picking one of those up for him. Thx

We like it. I did the Dell 19" upgrade with the Tulsa Arcades bezel, which makes it better. The screen is small, but my kids don't care. Not sure if I would put the money in the upgrade if given the choice again. Other have modified the cabinet to add much bigger screens. The guns are definitely not as robust as the arcade. All in all for the faction of the cost of a real cabinet you get pretty much the same game, just smaller.

#19971 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Punkin it's natural that we all know each other on this forum even with very far distances between us. I was telling my wife and kids about your comments about removing the furniture for more pins. My wife said no way, we use that. I said, OK, let me find the pictures of Punkin's place so you can put in perspective. After searhing I found your series of pics and my whole family said your place is awesome.

Oh, I don't remember who it is, but whoever has the Terminator collection also gets huge likes from the family.

#19972 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Punkin it's natural that we all know each other on this forum even with very far distances between us. I was telling my wife and kids about your comments about removing the furniture for more pins. My wife said no way, we use that. I said, OK, let me find the pictures of Punkin's place so you can put in perspective. After searhing I found your series of pics and my whole family said your place is awesome.
    Oh, I don't remember who it is, but whoever has the Terminator collection also gets huge likes from the family.

That's all nice for a single man, but i get your peps sitting round the table doing board games too.
    Was just when you said it wasn't used. I'm jealous.

#19973 1 year ago

Can anyone in Australia point me in the direction of where i can buy that black light carpet, its impossible to find. I only need to do a medium sized room.

#19974 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

We like it. I did the Dell 19" upgrade with the Tulsa Arcades bezel, which makes it better. The screen is small, but my kids don't care. Not sure if I would put the money in the upgrade if given the choice again. Other have modified the cabinet to add much bigger screens. The guns are definitely not as robust as the arcade. All in all for the faction of the cost of a real cabinet you get pretty much the same game, just smaller.

Thank you!

#19975 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

That's all nice for a single man, but i get your peps sitting round the table doing board games too.
    Was just when you said it wasn't used. I'm jealous.

Funny you say that because my wife said that guy must not be married, but your place looks like a ton of fun. She nixed the black light rug idea and any chance at a neon sign. All I get is my lava lamp.

#19976 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wazzie:

Can anyone in Australia point me in the direction of where i can buy that black light carpet, its impossible to find. I only need to do a medium sized room.

Everyone i heard of got theirs from the states. You might be able to do a group buy if you put something up on Aussie Arcade.

#19977 1 year ago

Sometimes I rearrange just for fun.

6C3C9FFE-B587-4E53-9286-D32B72043F74 (resized).jpeg6C3C9FFE-B587-4E53-9286-D32B72043F74 (resized).jpeg7BCF01B0-EA51-4A6A-A710-82555DABCC95 (resized).jpeg7BCF01B0-EA51-4A6A-A710-82555DABCC95 (resized).jpeg
    #19978 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Could you move the table and shelf down to the basement instead? You'll only need to move them once and you can turn that room into pinball room?

#19979 1 year ago
    Quoted from nich2pat:

Could you move the table and shelf down to the basement instead? You'll only need to move them once and you can turn that room into pinball room?

Or make a hinged table fixed to the wall. That works really well.

#19980 1 year ago

Love that frogger!

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:Sometimes I rearrange just for fun. [quoted image][quoted image]

#19981 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Or make a hinged table fixed to the wall. That works really well.

Bah, may as well just add an addition to the house at that point

#19982 1 year ago

You guys crack me up. I have to replace my HVAC right now, it's the cost of a Stern Premium. Not only space, but life gets in the way of more pins. I'm cool with what I have.

#19983 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

You guys crack me up. I have to replace my HVAC right now, it's the cost of a Stern Premium. Not only space, but life gets in the way of more pins. I'm cool with what I have.

You cracked me up by doing the same pin price comparison to other costs like I do.
    Kid smashed radiator on the car... That's an EM.
    Need a new roof.... That's a Lord of the Rings, Fish Tales, and possibly a project.

#19984 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Quoted from stavio:

You cracked me up by doing the same pin price comparison to other costs like I do.
    Kid smashed radiator on the car... That's an EM.
    Need a new roof.... That's a Lord of the Rings, Fish Tales, and possibly a project.

I just arranged to have Anderson windows put in. I don't think there is enough room here to list all of the other things I could have gotten...

#19985 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Yeah we just did that as well. WIth 2 systems. Dual zone is nice until you have to replace them both

Quoted from Scotty_K:

I just arranged to have Anderson windows put in. I don't think there is enough room here to list all of the other things I could have gotten...

That was last years project for us too. You don't realize how many windows you have until you have to replace them. The joys of a 23 year old builders' grade house. Roof is next year. No now pins next year a guess. LOL

Chris

#19986 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ballsbeout:

Rush joins the club.
    What an amazing game!!!

That makes 2 in Brighton. My Rush Premium gets delivered tomorrow.

#19987 1 year ago

I got my blacklight carpet from joy carpets based in Georgia (the state)

#19988 1 year ago
    Quoted from bobloblaw:

I got my blacklight carpet from joy carpets based in Georgia (the state)

Did you order direct from them, and if so do they require you to order minimum square footage?

#19989 1 year ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Yeah we just did that as well. WIth 2 systems. Dual zone is nice until you have to replace them both

That was last years project for us too. You don't realize how many windows you have until you have to replace them. The joys of a 23 year old builders' grade house. Roof is next year. No now pins next year a guess. LOL
    Chris

Just replaced all of our windows and new ac unit, about 20k total. I feel your pain.

#19990 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wazzie:

Yeah I’ve been asking around different carpet & floor stores. No one has it. Think I’m going to go with Astro Carpet Mills in the states. Shipping is a bitch though. There’s a carpet store next to my business & im hoping he will ship it with his orders from the states. I’m just waiting for him to get back to me.

#19991 1 year ago
    Quoted from smoothbore19:

Did you order direct from them, and if so do they require you to order minimum square footage?

I went thru a carpet store, and Joy Carpets was one of their vendors. Don't know if they have a minimum, but my room was around 600 SF and it took about three months to get - came in 20' wide rolls I think. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of blacklight rugs you can buy a lot easier online (amazon, etc) if you don't need wall to wall carpet.

#19992 1 year ago
    Quoted from bobloblaw:

I went thru a carpet store, and Joy Carpets was one of their vendors. Don't know if they have a minimum, but my room was around 600 SF and it took about three months to get - came in 20' wide rolls I think. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of blacklight rugs you can buy a lot easier online (amazon, etc) if you don't need wall to wall carpet.

Thanks for the info. I'm needing enough for 26x17 area

#19993 1 year ago
    9A360B8A-A66F-4D06-97E0-26AFFBE22410 (resized).jpeg9A360B8A-A66F-4D06-97E0-26AFFBE22410 (resized).jpeg9A716487-6F3D-4CB0-9ABC-DCE0974375A3 (resized).jpeg9A716487-6F3D-4CB0-9ABC-DCE0974375A3 (resized).jpeg
    #19994 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Question, in two parts i guess.
    My back room that's only turned on for comp once a week. has high roof and shit lighting. It's an L shaped space, i hope you get the idea.
    I was thinking about getting in there on the scissor lift (or getting someone else to) and hanging some panels down at ceiling height on balustrade with two sets of lights, low downlights and arcade black light set into the panels with the wiring etc on top.. I Could use some 8' x 4' fridge panels in 1" or something (hell i could use door skins), but i know there's some smart cookies as to game rooms here and i thought there may be a preffered product that translates to my materials available?
    Second part is does this semi-complicated project belong here?
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

This has progressed very well. One of the players for my comps works at a lighting store

He has designed the perfect system for me. A suspended track 4m (13') long with 8 fittings in it. Has 3 smart switches and 3 circuits that all run off my phone via wifi. I have colour changing bulbs, dimmables etc. Have to find some kaleidoscope and some black light GU10's. All fittings can run on any of the circuits, just by turning a knob on the fitting to switch.

It will hang 2m down from the roof with threaded rod, so i can get up a ladder and change globes instead of having to get my scissor lift in there.

It should be finished in a week or two, i'll post pics then.

DSCF1047[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1047[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF1048[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1048[1] (resized).jpg

#19995 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

This has progressed very well. One of the players for my comps works at a lighting store
    He has designed the perfect system for me. A suspended track 4m (13') long with 8 fittings in it. Has 3 smart switches and 3 circuits that all run off my phone via wifi. I have colour changing bulbs, dimmables etc. Have to find some kaleidoscope and some black light GU10's. All fittings can run on any of the circuits, just by turning a knob on the fitting to switch.
    It will hang 2m down from the roof with threaded rod, so i can get up a ladder and change globes instead of having to get my scissor lift in there.
    It should be finished in a week or two, i'll post pics then.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That’s awesome

#19996 1 year ago

I'm still working on it but am debating mounting an entire extra row of marquees over my light strips. This would difuse the light. I'm slowly collecting these marquees (looking for scratch and dents) and they are awesome. I figure I've already got a ton of holes in the wall, why not ruin the ceiling too!

marq (resized).jpgmarq (resized).jpg

#19997 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm still working on it but am debating mounting an entire extra row of marquees over my light strips. This would difuse the light. I'm slowly collecting these marquees (looking for scratch and dents) and they are awesome. I figure I've already got a ton of holes in the wall, why not ruit the ceiling too!
    [quoted image]

Aw man. I wish I knew you needed marquees. I have 3 you can have.

Chris

#19998 1 year ago
    Quoted from bobloblaw:

20' rolls is nice, you could carpet a full room without any seams

#19999 1 year ago

This was a PITA, still needs another coat of orange and some cleanup.

IMG_4686 (resized).JPGIMG_4686 (resized).JPGIMG_4679 (resized).JPGIMG_4679 (resized).JPG
    #20000 1 year ago

Wishing for a "blue" Jaws pin so that I can convert Turtles to red and complete the rainbow effect! Also Black Knight or Deadpool would be a great "Red" pin to add.

20220504_143206 (resized).jpg20220504_143206 (resized).jpg
    There are 23,731 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 475.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.