Topic Stats

• 23,857 posts
  • 2,345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 50 minutes ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 1,121 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6198 (resized).jpeg
    bikes1 (resized).jpg
    adcc8631-0ad1-436f-bac6-b92e38c5e4b1 (resized).jpg
    cde76292-235b-4aeb-93ad-e03a4f86cf0e (resized).jpg
    396724a8-c984-4b78-823c-5182cb817327 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205403289 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205413200 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205452551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205433432 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205443930 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205502934 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205514994 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205521414 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205546968 (resized).jpg
    20240421_204123 (resized).jpg
    20240421_210141 (resized).jpg
    There are 23,857 posts in this topic. You are on page 393 of 478.
    #19601 2 years ago

TBL lives up to the hype but that hype is that it’s the best use of a license perhaps ever. The integration is awesome and it’s always a different game depending on how I want to play it. The flippers make it feel like a Williams style pin. Doesn’t have the “snap” of a new Stern. I love Deadpool, but it’s like comparing ice cream to pizza. They’re both food, but very different.
    Tron is a lot more like a traditional Stern for obvious reasons. Part of the reason I like it so much is the beauty. Game play is great, but it’s not like a modern pin.
    I would say TBL is worth every bit of the MSRP if you can handle the wait time.

Quoted from punkin:

Nice space.
    The two that interest me in that lineup are Big Lebowski and Tron. Can you rate tham and describe the gameplay for me as against, say, Deadpool which i am very familiar with?
    Bit worried that BL is all hype because of the rarity and the connection to the movie.
    I don't care what a theme is, i only care that the game is fun, and the theme is fully immersive.

#19602 2 years ago

About 1400 square feet. We don’t really do basements in TX so it’s a detached “shop” that I made into a man cave.

Quoted from bob_e:Great Room just how big is it?

#19603 2 years ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

TBL lives up to the hype but that hype is that it’s the best use of a license perhaps ever. The integration is awesome and it’s always a different game depending on how I want to play it. The flippers make it feel like a Williams style pin. Doesn’t have the “snap” of a new Stern. I love Deadpool, but it’s like comparing ice cream to pizza. They’re both food, but very different.
    Tron is a lot more like a traditional Stern for obvious reasons. Part of the reason I like it so much is the beauty. Game play is great, but it’s not like a modern pin.
    I would say TBL is worth every bit of the MSRP if you can handle the wait time.

And an unfortunate possibility that it may not get made. Not being a jerk, but they have a long way to go, to even pay back the EA's. Proceed with caution.

#19604 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Nice space.
    The two that interest me in that lineup are Big Lebowski and Tron. Can you rate tham and describe the gameplay for me as against, say, Deadpool which i am very familiar with?
    Bit worried that BL is all hype because of the rarity and the connection to the movie.
    I don't care what a theme is, i only care that the game is fun, and the theme is fully immersive.

I didn't think the movie was all that great. but the game blew me away. production value and gameplay is very good. Made me want to get one. Especially the new ones that are built better and more reliable.

#19605 2 years ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Current state. Waiting on Rush LE and Alien LV.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What size is that screen? What's the PJ and throw? Awesome room!

#19606 2 years ago

It’s roughly 14’ corner to corner. Projector is a commercial model epson that I think was originally designed for churches and conferences, event space etc. it needs at least 30’ of throw or something like that. I knew it was long.

Quoted from d0n:

What size is that screen? What's the PJ and throw? Awesome room!

#19607 2 years ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

It’s roughly 14’ corner to corner. Projector is a commercial model epson that I think was originally designed for churches and conferences, event space etc. it needs at least 30’ of throw or something like that. I knew it was long.

awesome

#19608 2 years ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Current state. Waiting on Rush LE and Alien LV.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome room!

Quoted from punkin:

The two that interest me in that lineup are Big Lebowski and Tron.

Personally I love Tron, and I liked TBL. I’ve had Tron about 4 years and doubt I’ll ever sell it. It’s fairly fast and hectic, and if you like the theme it’s a pretty spectacular looking game. The light show, music and callouts are immersive. The code is pretty simple and not especially deep, although it’s not easy to finish. Start each mode to qualify Sea of Simulation, where you get a second chance to complete any modes not yet finished, and you reach Portal by completing all modes. It’s a good game if you like short, fast games. I had a TBL for about 6 months and was really impressed. It’s a fantastic layout with some really clever toys, like the rug and bowling alley. I love the ball lock straight off the back of the left ramp too. It’s another stunning looking game, with a killer art package. If you love the movie, you’ll love the pin. If you don’t know the movie (I didn’t) it’s still a very solid game. The code was at like .58 when I had it, so it wasn’t fully realized. But it isn’t a glaring issue at all. Still plenty to do with all areas of the pf. For me personally the price was too high to keep it forever, when that amount could bring two or more really nice pins. The build quality was good overall, but mine had a couple issues out of the box. If it were $8-9k, I’d probably own it again. I was always worried I would scratch the chrome or something. It just looked so perfect. Customer service from the owner of Dutch was excellent. That’s just my take on those two. I enjoy them both much more than DP, but I’m one of the few who DP didn’t click with.

#19609 2 years ago

Thanks guys, watched papa playing Tron yesterday and i really think i will go after one. thought i was losing Stern but this will add a stern i think.

#19610 2 years ago

Not nearly as insane as some of the game rooms on this thread, but good for now. When I get a chance I'll clean up the third game room area and add another photo and maybe one with everything lit up and the under cab lighting. As an aside, has anyone hard wired a laser light or have a link to a good one to hard wire? I'm looking to add that to the main area, assuming it isn't incredibly annoying while trying to play pinball. Also going to add some suzo happ drink holders to arcades. Cheers

arcade photo 1 (resized).jpgarcade photo 1 (resized).jpgarcade photo 2.jpgarcade photo 2.jpg
    #19611 2 years ago
    Quoted from ChiPin1978:

Not nearly as insane as some of the game rooms on this thread, but good for now. When I get a chance I'll clean up the third game room area and add another photo and maybe one with everything lit up and the under cab lighting. As an aside, has anyone hard wired a laser light or have a link to a good one to hard wire? I'm looking to add that to the main area, assuming it isn't incredibly annoying while trying to play pinball. Also going to add some suzo happ drink holders to arcades. Cheers
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice variety there! Looks fun!

Chris

#19612 2 years ago
    Quoted from ChiPin1978:

Think it would look better to push all the pins to the right together with MET and TWD side by side. Small other games on the left.

#19613 2 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Think it would look better to push all the pins to the right together with MET and TWD side by side. Small other games on the left.

I agree, it probably would look better, but the sound from Metallica and GNR playing at the same time near each other isn't good. MET and GNR are usually both going at the same time, so I need to keep some space between them.

#19614 2 years ago
    Quoted from ChiPin1978:

Love the gameroom. Looks fantastic!

#19615 2 years ago

My gameroom pics are already posted here but these aren't visible in the whole room photos. Thought you nostalgia buffs might get a kick. That's an authentic hand painted animation cel of Beavis and Butt-Head (lockers are a repro background), along with a picture of some early series Garbage Pail Kids.

20220225_223147 (resized).jpg20220225_223147 (resized).jpg20220225_223334 (resized).jpg20220225_223334 (resized).jpg
    #19616 2 years ago
    Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

My gameroom pics are already posted here but these aren't visible in the whole room photos. Thought you nostalgia buffs might get a kick. That's an authentic hand painted animation cel of Beavis and Butt-Head (lockers are a repro background), along with a picture of some early series Garbage Pail Kids.

I should get around to framing some of my animation cels. That’s a cool one.

#19617 2 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I should get around to framing some of my animation cels.

Back in the late '90s, the game company I worked for was doing a Disney game. We had a visit from Ollie Johnston (one of the last surviving "Disney's Nine Old Men") to train the artists in "Disney-style" drawing.

When asked if he still had any of his old animation cells, he said that he had an entire trunk full of them that got ruined when his basement flooded. Considering that a good original Disney cell can be $5K (or more), that was a lot of money to lose.

#19618 2 years ago

I recently framed these signed cards for my arcade. King of Kong cast.

20211227_184209 (resized).jpg20211227_184209 (resized).jpg
    #19619 2 years ago
    Quoted from ChiPin1978:

How do you like the arcade 1up T2? I have a small room with full size arcades and ideally would get an original T2 but they are very expensive (can use that money for more pins) and heavy to transport. I believe the guns on the arcade 1up version are different but do you think it will look out of place next to original arcade cabinets (Simpsons, X-Men, Cruisin)? I think its taller than the other arcade 1ups but can 2 people comfortably play it?

#19620 2 years ago

Only have 1 pin which fits perfectly in the corner of our game room...but love how everything turned out! Didn't find any pinball signs online that we liked so we made our own (helps that I have my own laser engraving business!).

#teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-premium

PXL_20220203_161719339 (resized).jpgPXL_20220203_161719339 (resized).jpgPXL_20220122_012838355 (resized).jpgPXL_20220122_012838355 (resized).jpgPXL_20220122_012842557 (resized).jpgPXL_20220122_012842557 (resized).jpgPXL_20220220_040225785 (resized).jpgPXL_20220220_040225785 (resized).jpg
    #19621 2 years ago

I should get around to framing some of my animation cels. That’s a cool one.

Which cels do you have?

#19622 2 years ago

Sweet
    How much for a pinball wizard sign

#19623 2 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

Sweet
    How much for a pinball wizard sign

I'm not sure if I can post an outside link for the pinball wizard sign. I sell the one in the picture for $110 which includes the shipping cost. If you are interested, check my profile you should see my website info, if not send me a pm. I have several types of Pinball signs that I make with the prices starting at $95.00. Thanks

#19624 2 years ago
    Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Which cels do you have?

I have some from Care Bears, The Real Ghostbusters, street fighter, back to the future, he-man, my pet monster and I think I have a couple from beetlejuice.

Whenever Animation Legends releases a show I watched I grab a mixed pack.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/animation-cel-collecting

#19625 2 years ago

I have some from Care Bears, The Real Ghostbusters, street fighter, back to the future, he-man, my pet monster and I think I have a couple from beetlejuice.

I do the same thing

#19626 2 years ago

Didn’t know about this, I’ve always wanted to get some of these

#19627 2 years ago

Nice!!!

#19628 2 years ago

Here it is in all of its glory! The repaired Road Show fully functional. I need to drill out a broken off screw inside of the mounting bracket for Reds hat but otherwise, she’s golden!

03310AF8-9F6E-453C-82F2-3C720BECF876 (resized).jpeg03310AF8-9F6E-453C-82F2-3C720BECF876 (resized).jpeg15BC2954-CF3A-4E8A-B0C4-5723070EFA89 (resized).jpeg15BC2954-CF3A-4E8A-B0C4-5723070EFA89 (resized).jpeg79B26830-5169-4492-AD4F-D5C7894C3EA0 (resized).jpeg79B26830-5169-4492-AD4F-D5C7894C3EA0 (resized).jpeg
    #19629 2 years ago

Very nice, I always thought Road Show was under-rated...

#19630 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Here it is in all of its glory! The repaired Road Show fully functional. I need to drill out a broken off screw inside of the mounting bracket for Reds hat but otherwise, she’s golden!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. Anyone else notice they are scarier with their eyes closed

#19632 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

roadshow looks great. well done.

Thanks. Full list of issues from when it came to me. Dirty playfield/worn out rubber, Ted missing eyelids, Ted crank arm and brass eyelets worn causing eyes left to look too far and jam, incorrect springs on both eyelids close and the eyes closed unlock solenoid, bulldozer down opto not working correctly due to bad wiring elsewhere, red crank arm shattered, red eyelids belonged in Ted, red horizontal coil with broken lug causing a risk of a short, red eye links missing red brass eyelets worn, both diverter plunger spring links broken causing the plungers to not pull the diverters but still had tension to keep them closed. CPU not holding memory due to crummy battery holder. Red hat screw hole has a broken screw in it, Ted dozer decals worn/one missing. All of these except the last two have been addressed.

I’m also thinking about replacing some of the under playfield lighting as it is some of the older comet bulbs that were not that great in some spots. I also don't like the purple around the map. Here is where I am hung up. On the pop bumper lights. Do I go with the good ole .89c non ghosting SMDs or does anyone have input on the comet rings? I think I like the look of them but I’m not sure I’m crazy about having to glue the rings to the pop bumper caps. This leads me to the evo bright caps. Those look like a good solution that don’t require glue but does require me to pay shipping twice on a small amount of lights (I’m cheap what can I say). Anyone have input on if the rings are worth it?

#19633 2 years ago

I’ve seen a few game rooms with a brick accent wall and they look really good. Several people have shared that they used the brick stick on tiles from home depot or Lowe’s to do it with. My question for people who have done that or are familiar with that type of product, would it stick to a poured concrete wall that is slightly bumpy? I’d like to use my back wall but if it wouldn’t stick to that wall I have a wall near my couch that is drywall and I’ll use it there instead. Thanks

#19634 2 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

I’ve seen a few game rooms with a brick accent wall and they look really good. Several people have shared that they used the brick stick on tiles from home depot or Lowe’s to do it with. My question for people who have done that or are familiar with that type of product, would it stick to a poured concrete wall that is slightly bumpy? I’d like to use my back wall but if it wouldn’t stick to that wall I have a wall near my couch that is drywall and I’ll use it there instead. Thanks

We used these and just nail gunned them into the studs. The only thing that sucked was doing all the cutting around the windows and light switch outlets.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-4-in-x-48-in-x-96-in-HDF-Kingston-Brick-Panel-KINGSTON/311316427

#19635 2 years ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

We used these and just nail gunned them into the studs. The only thing that sucked was doing all the cutting around the windows and light switch outlets.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-4-in-x-48-in-x-96-in-HDF-Kingston-Brick-Panel-KINGSTON/311316427

Do you think liquid nails would work on concrete?

#19636 2 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Do you think liquid nails would work on concrete?

I'm an amateur with this stuff. I know you have a different setup , but it was fairly easy to put up. Like I said the hardest part of all of it was the cutting.

#19637 2 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Quoted from ExSquid:

I used the Kingston panels from Home Depot in my home office. Liquid nails to the drywall, some brads to hold it while that dried. I zipper cut the edge of each panel so the bricks would not have a seam, and filled the cuts with a grey caulk to match the printed mortar. Then I gave the entire wall a "German Smear" treatment with Joint Compound, sealed with a water based poly. Total Cost was about $100 (panels are more expensive now, they were about $20 a piece when I did it - three panels, construction adhesive, grey caulk, joint compound, nail gun brads, water based polyurethane and one piece of wood crown with a little stain).

Quoted from Parkshow30:

would it stick to a poured concrete wall that is slightly bumpy?

If the wall is /has been dry and it there are no high spots from form joints (just slightly wavy, not really bumpy), I think it would work. However, I would recommend building a wood frame wall and getting some rigid insulation on the wall as a better choice.

20211121_152123 (resized).jpg20211121_152123 (resized).jpg20220106_182910 (resized).jpg20220106_182910 (resized).jpg
    #19638 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

I used the Kingston panels from Home Depot in my home office. Liquid nails to the drywall, some brads to hold it while that dried. I zipper cut the edge of each panel so the bricks would not have a seam, and filled the cuts with a grey caulk to match the printed mortar. Then I gave the entire wall a "German Smear" treatment with Joint Compound, sealed with a water based poly. Total Cost was about $100 (panels are more expensive now, they were about $20 a piece when I did it - three panels, construction adhesive, grey caulk, joint compound, nail gun brads, water based polyurethane and one piece of wood crown with a little stain).

If the wall is /has been dry and it there are no high spots from form joints (just slightly wavy, not really bumpy), I think it would work. However, I would recommend building a wood frame wall and getting some rigid insulation on the wall as a better choice.[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks MINT! We are debating putting some molding on the top but the wife goes back and forth with the unfinished look.
    Something like this.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/7827-5-8-in-x-3-1-2-in-x-96-in-PVC-White-Flat-Casing-0782708007/204342947

#19639 2 years ago

Got a long way to go (especially with the asbestos cutback glue) but eventually I will have room for 7 pins. Will also have a half dozen or so arcades and maybe a foosball table.

948C4A6D-01D4-4B81-B82C-F91D31368F6A (resized).jpeg948C4A6D-01D4-4B81-B82C-F91D31368F6A (resized).jpegA061498D-680C-4B11-B214-B571D84635B6 (resized).jpegA061498D-680C-4B11-B214-B571D84635B6 (resized).jpeg
    #19640 2 years ago
    Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Got a long way to go (especially with the asbestos cutback glue) but eventually I will have room for 7 pins. Will also have a half dozen or so arcades and maybe a foosball table.

What software app is that?

#19642 2 years ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

We are debating putting some molding on the top but the wife goes back and forth with the unfinished look.
    Something like this.

Unfortunately, my ceiling was not perfectly straight so had to put the molding to cover the 1/2 inch gap on one side. I used the wood crown instead of the bigger painted crown we have in other places in the house because part of the ceiling in this room is angled with the roofline and I don't think that looks good with crown. I thought this went the best along one wall only and looked good with the flooring.

I think the trim you picked looks good - looks a lot like this example I used from the internet for inspiration.

brick (resized).pngbrick (resized).png
    #19643 2 years ago
    Quoted from SpyroFTW:

What ceiling and flooring are you going with?

#19644 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

If the wall is /has been dry and it there are no high spots from form joints (just slightly wavy, not really bumpy), I think it would work. However, I would recommend building a wood frame wall and getting some rigid insulation on the wall as a better choice.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, I think the cement wall will probably be a lot more work then the drywall will be and I don’t want to frame up a wall as it has been dry for a long time but it does have the rod holes which always seem to fail eventually. When we bought the house the rod holes were letting water pour in like crazy, I patched with backer rod, hydraulic cement and waterproof primer but after 12 years I’ve had a couple fail and I had to redo them.
    Thanks for all the replies, I’ll post up some pictures when I finish or ask some questions if I get into it and get stuck.

#19645 2 years ago
    Quoted from SpyroFTW:

I was in the flooring industry for 30+ Years and know much more about that than I do pinball. We regularly over coated cut back which has very little asbestos in it with an Ardex product called feather finish which was an approved application they also have a self leveling compound is quite a bit more expensive. PM me any time.

#19646 2 years ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

How do you like the arcade 1up T2? I have a small room with full size arcades and ideally would get an original T2 but they are very expensive (can use that money for more pins) and heavy to transport. I believe the guns on the arcade 1up version are different but do you think it will look out of place next to original arcade cabinets (Simpsons, X-Men, Cruisin)? I think its taller than the other arcade 1ups but can 2 people comfortably play it?

2 people can definitely play T2 comfortably. It is taller than other 1Ups, and the side art is better too. I have a full size arcade in the next room and it doesn't look odd. In fact, the convenience and reliability of the 1UPs more than compensate for the smaller size.

#19647 2 years ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

What ceiling and flooring are you going with?

Flooring is all black and white penny tile with a border and “flowers”. It might end up being reversed with black tile dominating. Ceiling is uncertain. I am trying to get some old real tin ceiling tiles from some demo work, but not sure the owner will let me have them. I could get the fake tin as well. Open to other options though.

#19648 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Looks great and now I need some info on the sliding door. Time to update my office.

#19649 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

now I need some info on the sliding door.

Good eye. My home office is a small 9×9 room off the entrance hallway. It had no storage space so I convinced the wife to remove an unused bench in the mudroom to build a closet. No room for standard closet door and the opening is a nonstandard size (went as big as I could), so I took a 36 inch cheap door slab, built it out on both sides, and covered with some prefinished wood planks. The sides are angle iron from a metal supplier. It is hard to see, but there is an iron handle as well. The handle and barndoor track are from Amazon.

20220301_062647.jpg20220301_062647.jpg20220301_062717.jpg20220301_062717.jpg
    #19650 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Good eye. My home office is a small 9×9 room off the entrance hallway. It had no storage space so I convinced the wife to remove an unused bench in the mudroom to build a closet. No room for standard closet door and the opening is a nonstandard size (went as big as I could), so I took a 36 inch cheap door slab, built it out on both sides, and covered with some prefinished wood planks. The sides are angle iron from a metal supplier. It is hard to see, but there is an iron handle as well. The handle and barndoor track are from Amazon.

Cool office! I work from a home office and have a small bedroom I want to convert to something like this. I like the track and barn door. Good ideas.

There are 23,857 posts in this topic. You are on page 393 of 478.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/393?hl=electronmagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.