Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 349 of 477.
    #17401 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

For all you electricians and experts who built and wired their own gamerooms out there, can you recommend the proper electrical setup for a basement with 15-16 pins and several other electrical devices (toppers, a tv, etc.)? I bought this house in 2009, built in 1995, before I was a collector. The current system can support almost all the games, but if I turn on all of them, I blow a fuse. I’m concerned I’m asking too much of the current system, no doubt designed for average household use. If I want an electrician to boost the electrical, what would you suggest I step up to? Thank you!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Ideally you want 20 amp circuits set up with no more than 5 pins on a circuit. If you have existing 15 amp circuits, that's fine too, just figure maybe only 4 pins per. The issue you're going to have is getting those circuits to where they need to be. It appears you have a suspended ceiling which should help immensely, but the only way to get answers to your questions is to have a contractor look at your situation and advise you. He can see what you have now, and figure out what it'll take to get added circuits to the room.

#17402 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Ideally you want 20 amp circuits set up with no more than 5 pins on a circuit. If you have existing 15 amp circuits, that's fine too, just figure maybe only 4 pins per. The issue you're going to have is getting those circuits to where they need to be. It appears you have a suspended ceiling which should help immensely, but the only way to get answers to your questions is to have a contractor look at your situation and advise you. He can see what you have now, and figure out what it'll take to get added circuits to the room.

Thanks very much!

#17403 3 years ago

why does that zeppelin premium have the pro translite? anyone else notice that?

#17404 3 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

Owner swapped it in.

#17405 3 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

Just thought the pro model had a more colorful and vibrant translite. Figured why not...

#17406 3 years ago

When you're racking your brain how your going to add another 12/2 line for a dedicate circuit in your 3 year old home..and then scouring build pics, you realize the builder/electrician added an ENT conduit raceway for future work. It's the little things

Screenshot_20210418-194428_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210418-194428_Photos (resized).jpg

#17407 3 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

When you're racking your brain how your going to add another 12/2 line for a dedicate circuit in your 3 year old home..and then scouring build pics, you realize the builder/electrician added an ENT conduit raceway for future work. It's the little things
    [quoted image]

It’s amazing to me how codes change from state to state. I cringe at the sight of that. Not knocking you at all. Just used to EVERYTHING having to be in metallic conduit

#17408 3 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

It’s amazing to me how codes change from state to state. I cringe at the sight of that. Not knocking you at all. Just used to EVERYTHING having to be in metallic conduit

First thing I thought of too but then I realized it’s romex so what difference would it be as romex is run without conduit anyway.

#17409 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jtm3:

First thing I thought of too but then I realized it’s romex so what difference would it be as romex is run without conduit anyway.

Yep, ok for Romex but the box is either just an extender or for low voltage, not an approved for 120v - have to change that out. Also, by code (NEC/IBC) ( Romex will need to be attached within eight inches of the box (assuming another non-metallic box is used). If the drywall is already up, I believe you can omit attaching to the stud.

#17410 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jtm3:

We can’t use romex. Everything has to be run in conduit. Which makes things easier if you need to up your circuit. Just pull new wires through pipe without having to open walls

#17411 3 years ago

Working on the other wall now. JP,TWD,G&R on order

DBEFE52F-614D-40F6-8FD8-411409D70C45 (resized).jpegDBEFE52F-614D-40F6-8FD8-411409D70C45 (resized).jpeg
    #17412 3 years ago

When I lived in Illinois, the electrical code required everything in conduit. You could use flexible BX for light fixtures in dropped ceilings, but only 3 feet maximum.

Now, in Colorado, electrical devices in residential homes are allowed to use NM, as long as it's stapled solidly within 6 inches of the electrical box. All plastic is acceptable. Exceptionally easy to do, and fast.

If I had to wire my game room using conduit, it'd be a three month long project. 96 outlets. But because it's OK to use NM, I got the job done in two days.

Now, the downside to using this stuff is, if you plan to run another circuit, you tear into the wall to do it. With conduit, it's a piece of cake to add additional circuits. So there is an advantage to conduit.

I started out with 75 electrical outlets, added more than 25 more since the game room project started, but since I didn't finish the ceiling, it was easy to do. Otherwise, conduit would have been a better choice.

#17413 3 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

My understanding is, the code is pretty consistent throughout the US. The huge exception is you guys around the Chicago area. I've got friends in the area that tell me it's union thing.

#17414 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

My understanding is, the code is pretty consistent throughout the US. The huge exception is you guys around the Chicago area. I've got friends in the area that tell me it's union thing.

Yep, you got it. Rest of Illinois for the most part follow the NEC/IBC. Conduit only needed for exposed wiring. Plumbing code in Illinois is also more prescriptive, it is more widely accepted outside of just Chicago.

#17415 3 years ago

Poor dads room

20210418_153328 (resized).jpg20210418_153328 (resized).jpg
    #17416 3 years ago
    Quoted from trueno92:

Poor dads room
    [quoted image]

Cool space! I could totally hang there

#17417 3 years ago
    Quoted from trueno92:

Poor dads room

Yes nice space and I see an Italian Foosball table

#17418 3 years ago
    Quoted from trueno92:

Poor dads room
    [quoted image]

Nice space! Love the NeoGeo Big Red. I myself have a MVS-4-25 (version 1), although I think it was a MVS-2-25 that got converted. Just this past weekend I finished installing LED mini marquee panels on it.

#17419 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Yes nice space and I see an Italian Foosball table

Uh, what fooseball? Thats my parts counter when those pins come apart! Lol

I just finished getting LW3 repaired and dialed in and 3 weeks later i got a Rocky and Bullwinkle that was in to be completely shopped + slight cab work restore and the line was a mess.

It went out 3 weeks ago for Nascar and i finally got the space cleaned up.

Thanks for the kind words - Broke Dad's Basement.

#17420 3 years ago
    Quoted from GTO:

Nice space! Love the NeoGeo Big Red. I myself have a MVS-4-25 (version 1), although I think it was a MVS-2-25 that got converted. Just this past weekend I finished installing LED mini marquee panels on it.

Do they finally have an led mini marquee board yet? Dont hate me but i pandora boxed this big red 5yrs ago.. replacement EL panels were avail, but crazy money.

I traded out the credit displays and EL panel for pinball parts....

#17421 3 years ago
    Quoted from trueno92:

Do they finally have an led mini marquee board yet? Dont hate me but i pandora boxed this big red 5yrs ago.. replacement EL panels were avail, but crazy money.
    I traded out the credit displays and EL panel for pinball parts....

Nooooooo!!!! J/K I do have my 4-slot in mine, but from time to time plug in the Pandora's box as well.

#17422 2 years ago

My latest lineup, had a few beers last night leading up to a soccer match and the first time having everything on (this lineup) so thought I would take some footage. My team won
    Room is built in my garage.

#17423 2 years ago
    Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I was focused on an expensive, complicated, sophisticated sequencer. Until you posted this!
    It took me 45 minutes to setup and $11.95
    Thanks for posting the info!

Omg wow is there a diy thread for this?

#17424 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

I was under the impression vending machines are big power wasters.
    Especially, those small glass door Red Bull ones...

They are pretty big on current. Check out the snapple machine that once did its rounds in ontario.

#17425 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lostcause:

My latest lineup, had a few beers last night leading up to a soccer match and the first time having everything on (this lineup) so thought I would take some footage. My team won
    Room is built in my garage.

Where do you play soccer in there?

#17426 2 years ago
    Quoted from trueno92:

Omg wow is there a diy thread for this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/345#post-6191855

Duct tape and a cheap-ass light string from Amazon. not much to explain really...

#17427 2 years ago

Able to squeeze one more on the wall today at the Mancave Warehouse! New machine for me, oldest machine I own lol. Ladies and Gentlemen.... "The Rolling Stones".

Order from Right to Left

AC/DC Luci
    Aerosmith Pro
    Guns N Roses CE
    Heavy Metal LE
    Iron Maiden Pro
    Kiss Pro
    Led Zep Le
    Metallica Pro
    The Rolling Stones Pro

(not shown is The Beatles Gold...at my house)

IMG_3402 (resized).jpgIMG_3402 (resized).jpgIMG_3403 (resized).jpgIMG_3403 (resized).jpg
    #17428 2 years ago

Not my gameroom that has my other pins... G N f'n R deserved a place all its own...I'm never getting any work done in this office

20210421_164011 (resized).jpg20210421_164011 (resized).jpg20210421_164134 (resized).jpg20210421_164134 (resized).jpg20210421_164219 (resized).jpg20210421_164219 (resized).jpg20210421_164232 (resized).jpg20210421_164232 (resized).jpg

#17429 2 years ago

Looking at this thread is cool and depressing at the same time. Very inspirational, if i ever win the lottery, depressing cause I never will lol

#17430 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Looking at this thread is cool and depressing at the same time. Very inspirational, if i ever win the lottery, depressing cause I never will lol

Just another case of Epic vs Reality.

Cuz I can tell you mine always looks like a dumpster fire between project pins, project floors, walls, lighting and so on and never enough cash to dedicate to finishing anything!

Who’s half cooked with me!?
    D7E7F940-52C3-43AE-A876-2FC9A9B8241F (resized).jpegD7E7F940-52C3-43AE-A876-2FC9A9B8241F (resized).jpeg

#17431 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Yeah, we do things a little different down here in Texas... The rule is usually, what can we get away with ... I think that box is just an access panel to pull romex, I'm of the belief the electrician would have to cut into the drywall to access the breakout tabs and most likely hole through the stud to wire up to the main breaker panel

#17432 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Just another case of Epic vs Reality.
    Cuz I can tell you mine always looks like a dumpster fire between project pins, project floors, walls, lighting and so on and never enough cash to dedicate to finishing anything!
    Who’s half cooked with me!?
    [quoted image]

Well, you have to admit, that rug really ties the room together, does it not?

#17433 2 years ago

starting to get somewhere with the collection...
    EB94AD63-34B9-43DC-8588-C04DD756EE46 (resized).jpegEB94AD63-34B9-43DC-8588-C04DD756EE46 (resized).jpeg4645D09E-D422-488D-B1BB-2702A8AEC15D (resized).jpeg4645D09E-D422-488D-B1BB-2702A8AEC15D (resized).jpeg5610F190-CE18-49D0-B887-301942BBEDB5 (resized).jpeg5610F190-CE18-49D0-B887-301942BBEDB5 (resized).jpeg

Commence bitching about no powered up pics

#17434 2 years ago
    Quoted from Purdue:

Commence bitching about no powered up pics

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem
    Nice Collection and Room though!

#17435 2 years ago

My wife and I are building a new home. She designed the main floor and I get the daylight basement. Very large game room and work area for the machines. It's been over a year in the works and finely under construction. Very excited!

20210417_111201 (resized).jpg20210417_111201 (resized).jpg20210421_065550 (resized).jpg20210421_065550 (resized).jpg20210422_094546 (resized).jpg20210422_094546 (resized).jpg20210422_094551 (resized).jpg20210422_094551 (resized).jpg

#17436 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mikespinball:

The wife and I are building a new home. She designed the main floor and I get the daylight basement. Very large game room and work area for the machines. It's been over a year in the works and finely under construction. Very excited!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, what a great space this will be! Congrats!

Chris

#17437 2 years ago

Very large game room and work area for the machines.

And when you run out of space in the rec room you can throw out the wife's Christmas Decorations and get 13 more pins in that long Storage space!

#17438 2 years ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

more
    [quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image]

Want to sell GNR DE?

#17439 2 years ago

The wife and I are building a new home. She designed the main floor and I get the daylight basement. Very large game room and work area for the machines. It's been over a year in the works and finely under construction. Very excited!

Did you get much of an upcharge for the lumber pricing?

#17440 2 years ago
    Quoted from Purdue:

starting to get somewhere with the collection...

Nice line up, but go steady on the Novus, you don't want to get dependant on that stuff!

#17441 2 years ago

I'd do whatever I could (LVL beam/steel) to get rid of that lone post...

If you have to keep it, at least have it be a conduit for electrical in the center of the room.

#17442 2 years ago

I'm really loving that 10' high ceiling in your rec room!

#17443 2 years ago

My Bender robot from Futurama is nearing completion. It will be going in my gameroom when I finish it. Cheers!
    IMG_20210422_1612350.jpgIMG_20210422_1612350.jpg

#17444 2 years ago

Nothing crazy but it keeps me entertained...

7D0A3060-8B28-4B02-B299-A4236F4695B3 (resized).jpeg7D0A3060-8B28-4B02-B299-A4236F4695B3 (resized).jpeg
    #17445 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

I'd do whatever I could (LVL beam/steel) to get rid of that lone post...
    If you have to keep it, at least have it be a conduit for electrical in the center of the room.

31' span is pretty big. That would be a decent sized beam. Add a column a 3 feet in from each side and 25' should be able to be spanned by a W824 I beam for most loading conditions.

#17446 2 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

31' span is pretty big. That would be a decent sized beam. Add a column a 3 feet in from each side and 25' should be able to be spanned by a W824 I beam for most loading conditions.

I was going to say the same thing. Unlikely an LVL beam is gonna span that. Even steel you'll want something a little beefier than a W8x24 to avoid a bouncy floor above.

#17447 2 years ago

My wife and I are building a new home. She designed the main floor and I get the daylight basement. Very large game room and work area for the machines. It's been over a year in the works and finely under construction. Very excited!

#17448 2 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Did you get much of an upcharge for the lumber pricing?

Yes, unfortunately everything is costing more. Lumber costs have more than doubled since we first got bids last year at this time. My wife and I have discussed that I may have to sell a few machines to help with costs over runs, but hopefully we won't.

#17449 2 years ago
    Quoted from JimWilks:

I'm really loving that 10' high ceiling in your rec room!

That was mainly done due to matching the garage floor to the road which made the basement ceiling height taller. No complaints from me!

#17450 2 years ago

Yes, unfortunately everything is costing more. Lumber costs have more than doubled since we first got bids last year at this time. My wife and I have discussed that I may have to sell a few machines to help with costs over runs, but hopefully we won't.

You're not alone. I'm looking at spending an extra 25k on the lumber for my addition.

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 349 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/349?hl=jtm3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.