Topic Stats

• 23,722 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 minutes ago by stompeN
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6895 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6906 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6907 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6908 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg
    20240324_164009 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163842 (resized).jpg

There are 23,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 475.
    #17301 3 years ago

It's a hard knock life when this is the front four;

pb38 (resized).jpgpb38 (resized).jpg

#17302 3 years ago

Finshed my game room overhaul. Fresh coat of paint and new ceiling fan, replacement globe on order.

Bring in a Deadpool pro. and get my stuff hung up.
    DSCN3823 (resized).JPGDSCN3823 (resized).JPGDSCN3819 (resized).JPGDSCN3819 (resized).JPGDSCN3821 (resized).JPGDSCN3821 (resized).JPG

DSCN3822 (resized).JPGDSCN3822 (resized).JPG
    #17303 3 years ago

We converted the dining room in our old farmhouse into our game room. It’s small and modest but we love it. Not shown is the Pinbot in the living room (grateful for a wife who likes pins as much as I do) and a Blackout in my upstairs office.

26C16959-2CE0-41C8-93F6-7E8052A18EFC (resized).jpeg26C16959-2CE0-41C8-93F6-7E8052A18EFC (resized).jpeg7097AB40-9862-411A-9E79-0D34262B3710 (resized).jpeg7097AB40-9862-411A-9E79-0D34262B3710 (resized).jpeg
    #17305 3 years ago

Man, a lot of these rooms are getting way way too much sunlight. Fade city.

#17306 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Man, a lot of theee rooms are getting way way too much sunlight. Fade city.

Having a house built in Florida and will have a bedroom turned into a game room. I had the GC extend the room a bit. It will be 18’x20’ I will have sliding glass doors to the pool area and I told him I wanted 1 small window on rear wall 12” down from ceiling and 1’x7’ length. The GC and architect argued with me saying that window is to small for that size room. Had to tell them it’s a game room and I don’t want much light entering the room and it’s my house not yours. Haha. Finally construction has begun. Game room will be to the back left corner on photo. As of now Stem wall foundation is complete.

6F0DEEB9-B787-4134-B0BB-B4A8A4924A0B (resized).jpeg6F0DEEB9-B787-4134-B0BB-B4A8A4924A0B (resized).jpeg
    #17307 3 years ago

New addition to garage line up

20210328_093944 (resized).jpg20210328_093944 (resized).jpg20210328_094232 (resized).jpg20210328_094232 (resized).jpg
    #17308 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Finshed my game room overhaul. Fresh coat of paint and new ceiling fan, replacement globe on order.
    Bring in a Deadpool pro. and get my stuff hung up.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Awesome, the collection is great.

If only Revenge From Mars were a Big Buck Hunter.....

#17309 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

It's a hard knock life when this is the front four;
    [quoted image]

Four cabs that are too nice to have so close together! Those need to be spread out to show off the art work!

#17310 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Four cabs that are too nice to have so close together! Those need to be spread out to show off the art work!

I only ever look at the space near the flippers.

#17311 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nazz26:

Having a house built in Florida and will have a bedroom turned into a game room.

Be sure to post some update pics as you progress.

#17312 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Be sure to post some update pics as you progress.

Will do.

#17313 3 years ago

Still pecking away with the addition's upstairs. Better than 1/3 of the hardwood flooring's down,
    and thin set the bricks in last week, and did the porcelin ceramic floor tile today..
    Secondpity, what a great purchase for tools (and many other items). Pretty much half price.
    DeWalt floor nailer $140.00, Porter cable pancake compressor with Finish nailer, Brad nailer, and
    pin nailer $129.00 They have to sell their merchandise as used because the box was opened, but
    realistically brand new.. Free shipping..
    btw: I haven't seen any Stern Pinballs for $3,750.00 because the box was opened. At least not yet..

IMG_0399 (resized).JPGIMG_0399 (resized).JPGIMG_0400 (resized).JPGIMG_0400 (resized).JPG
    #17314 3 years ago

The look on the builders faces when you tell them you want a 1 bedroom, 3 bathroom mansion.

housewoopi1 (resized).jpghousewoopi1 (resized).jpg

housewoopi2 (resized).jpghousewoopi2 (resized).jpg

housewoopi3 (resized).jpghousewoopi3 (resized).jpg

It only gets worse when you tell them you want doors onto the roof so you can shoot skeet and play tennis.

Pins and bar area under the residence. Full length deck will open out to the side from the residence/mezzainie floor (not pictured yet).

#17315 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

The look on the builders faces when you tell them you want a 1 bedroom, 3 bathroom mansion.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    It only gets worse when you tell them you want doors onto the roof so you can shoot skeet and play tennis.
    Pins and bar area under the residence. Full length deck will open out to the side from the residence/mezzainie floor (not pictured yet).

-
    Add a 8 car walk/driveouit lower level for parking your cars

#17316 3 years ago

You should start a separate thread to cover the progress of your little project.

#17317 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Man, a lot of these rooms are getting way way too much sunlight. Fade city.

I was thinking the same. I have my pins in my garage, and I get all antsy when the wife or kids leave any of the doors open. "The sun is going to fade all my stuff!"

#17318 3 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

I was thinking the same. I have my pins in my garage, and I get all antsy when the wife or kids leave any of the doors open. "The sun is going to fade all my stuff!"

I have a set of sliders in my basement close to my games and ended up installing UV blocking film to prevent fading.

#17319 3 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

I have a set of sliders in my basement close to my games and ended up installing UV blocking film to prevent fading.

I was going to ask this - surely there is some sort of window covering (not shades, hardy har) that significantly reduces UV light

#17320 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

-
    Add a 8 car walk/driveouit lower level for parking your cars

Unfortunately i still have to run my business a couple hours a day to live this life.

I also have only a Transit van for carting pinballs around and whatever shopping i do. I find motorcycles more interesting than cars which are only transport for me since i sold my '61 Corvair Rampside.

The building is designed so that it is able to be retrofitted. there will be all the engineering to convert the pallet rack area to more bedrooms and living areas with mezzanine floor and ensuites or a different business (might go back into gourmet mushrooms and give the Stilldragon still supply business to my brother it's more than i need and he has a family). It'll also have the steel engineered so an extension can go up top on the flat part as i know the building will outlast me and i also know the demand for one bedroom mansions is not high

bikes1 (resized).jpgbikes1 (resized).jpg

work1 (resized).jpgwork1 (resized).jpg

work2 (resized).jpgwork2 (resized).jpg

Funny bit was i sat down with a pencil and a ruler to design my dream house and i drew what i already had, but standalone instead of the 2 out of four units i have. Same size, same layout pretty much. I'm a very lucky man having the ability to be satisfied with what i have and not constantly want more. I've had goals all my life, but now i've reached them.

#17321 3 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

You should start a separate thread to cover the progress of your little project.

Will do, i have to get some ducks in a row and the purpose of the concept drawings is to get costings on the building. once i know what those figures are, i'll know if i can afford to buy the land here in Heaven. Then comes the hard part as all the land here is under blueberries.

#17322 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Will do, i have to get some ducks in a row and the purpose of the concept drawings is to get costings on the building. once i know what those figures are, i'll know if i can afford to buy the land here in Heaven. Then comes the hard part as all the land here is under blueberries.

That actually sounds quite amazing!

#17323 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That actually sounds quite amazing!

Thanks, it will be the biggest project i've undertaken, assuming i can get it off the ground. I want to get further away from neighbours.
    I have a weightlifting gym next door who shake the roof and walls. That doesn't bother me, but they complain all the time about how much noise i make!

GnR was not a welcome addition in their eyes as now they can't here their beats while i'm playing.

I'mANoisyCuntPunkin

#17324 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Thanks, it will be the biggest project i've undertaken, assuming i can get it off the ground. I want to get further away from neighbours.
    I have a weightlifting gym next door who shake the roof and walls. That doesn't bother me, but they complain all the time about how much noise i make!
    GnR was not a welcome addition in their eyes as now they can't here their beats while i'm playing.
    I'mANoisyCuntPunkin

LOL! Crank it up!

#17325 3 years ago

Little different than my last game room but glad we were able to keep at least one. Probably a couple years or more till the next room is built.

69CB9123-A2E0-4DEF-BED3-03291772E466 (resized).jpeg69CB9123-A2E0-4DEF-BED3-03291772E466 (resized).jpeg
    #17326 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I was going to ask this - surely there is some sort of window covering (not shades, hardy har) that significantly reduces UV light

We have triple pane argon gas injected glass windows that were put in our new construction home in Texas 3 years ago. They block about 97% of UV light into the home. There is a slight, and by slight I mean very slight green hue to them when viewed from the outside. Double pane argon block about 80%...

#17327 3 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

We have triple pane argon gas injected glass windows that were put in our new construction home in Texas 3 years ago. They block about 97% of UV light into the home. There is a slight, and by slight I mean very slight green hue to them when viewed from the outside. Double pane argon block about 80%...

Lights sound cheaper.

#17328 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Little different than my last game room but glad we were able to keep at least one. Probably a couple years or more till the next room is built.
    [quoted image]

We all look forward to your 2.0 game room, 1.0 was magnificent!

#17329 2 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Argon leaks out after a couple of years (at least on double pane), so keep in mind to check every so often!

#17330 2 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

[quoted image]

So what happened to the old gameroom? You had an epic one with the Tron machine, movie theater and all. You moved to another city? Sold all? Sterting something new?

#17331 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Argon leaks out after a couple of years (at least on double pane), so keep in mind to check every so often!

Good point as well, on that note just had ours inspected after 5 years with a meter, still going strong and no seal leaks yet. I'm OCD about preventative home MX

#17332 2 years ago

Here are the two metal sign playfields I bought recently from Etsy.
    Overall dimensions are;
    9" wide, 17.5" Tall

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=metal%20signs%20pinball
    DSCN0139 (resized).JPGDSCN0139 (resized).JPG

#17333 2 years ago

Current lineup in the game room

F7A3AEB6-87B9-4035-947A-4D3B97B5B042 (resized).jpegF7A3AEB6-87B9-4035-947A-4D3B97B5B042 (resized).jpegFEC925AB-3277-40FB-8BBE-C34C754943D2 (resized).jpegFEC925AB-3277-40FB-8BBE-C34C754943D2 (resized).jpegEA495E0E-EBEA-4EED-97F7-049C67715BC0 (resized).jpegEA495E0E-EBEA-4EED-97F7-049C67715BC0 (resized).jpeg49818DA2-C2B4-4567-B90A-C011CD869229 (resized).jpeg49818DA2-C2B4-4567-B90A-C011CD869229 (resized).jpeg
    #17334 2 years ago

Quite the pincab! Two player control panel!! Does it get much use?
    Awesome Collection!

#17335 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Quite the pincab! Two player control panel!! Does it get much use?
    Awesome Collection!

Thank you, the wife and I have a lot of fun in here. I play the Xtreme Gaming Cabinet’s Vpin all the time, it’s a great all in one system.

#17336 2 years ago
    Quoted from Briks-707:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I viewed the first photo and said nice a six pin collection like me. Then saw the second and third and fourth photo and your pin collection continued 7th pin, 8th pin and so on. Awesome collection.

#17337 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nazz26:

Having a house built in Florida and will have a bedroom turned into a game room. I had the GC extend the room a bit. It will be 18’x20’ I will have sliding glass doors to the pool area and I told him I wanted 1 small window on rear wall 12” down from ceiling and 1’x7’ length. The GC and architect argued with me saying that window is to small for that size room. Had to tell them it’s a game room and I don’t want much light entering the room and it’s my house not yours. Haha. Finally construction has begun. Game room will be to the back left corner on photo. As of now Stem wall foundation is complete.
    [quoted image]

Like you said, your room not mine, but I would be inclined to agree with them. They are looking out for your resale value if you ever think you might sell. There are plenty of ways to block out light from a window including those flush mount, electric blackout blinds. As someone who has moved A LOT and therefore had to look at a lot of houses on the market, weird things really stand out when house shopping. Our brains are literally looking for something to say no to.

#17338 2 years ago
    Quoted from Briks-707:

Is this all in one room or two? Really like the lineup and the setup though it looks like Aerosmith probably doesn't get a whole lot of play, at least I don't think I would fit.

#17339 2 years ago
    Quoted from PeterG:

So what happened to the old gameroom? You had an epic one with the Tron machine, movie theater and all. You moved to another city? Sold all? Sterting something new?

So it is the same guy. I was like how did he go from that, to an appt. He did move it looks like, I thought he was in Colorado.

#17340 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nazz26:

I viewed the first photo and said nice a six pin collection like me. Then saw the second and third and fourth photo and your pin collection continued 7th pin, 8th pin and so on. Awesome collection.

Thank you, I started building out the game room last summer, it’s come along way in a short period of time!

Quoted from CoachBacca:

Is this all in one room or two? Really like the lineup and the setup though it looks like Aerosmith probably doesn't get a whole lot of play, at least I don't think I would fit.

Thank you kindly, it’s all in one room. Haha you are right I’m the only one who can squeeze in to play Aerosmith

#17341 2 years ago

Today the replacement Globe came in for my Silver ball ceiling fan.
    You can order the fan without the light kit, and have just a silver ball.

DSCN3824 (resized).JPGDSCN3824 (resized).JPGDSCN3829 (resized).JPGDSCN3829 (resized).JPG
    #17342 2 years ago
    Quoted from Averhoeven:

Like you said, your room not mine, but I would be inclined to agree with them. They are looking out for your resale value if you ever think you might sell. There are plenty of ways to block out light from a window including those flush mount, electric blackout blinds. As someone who has moved A LOT and therefore had to look at a lot of houses on the market, weird things really stand out when house shopping. Our brains are literally looking for something to say no to.

Thank you for your concern. I did view many model homes down here in Florida and some had the same 1x7 window in the master bedroom and that window combined with the 93” sliding patio doors to the backyard pool area (lanai) let in more then enough light. As of resale your are right about picky buyers, when I put my house for sale in NY a potential buyer was complaining to their agent that my couch was to big for the living room and that discourage them from buying the house. Haha. My furniture..really? To that...Move on and let the next potential buyer view the house.

#17343 2 years ago

Moved my Party Zone out into the game room and thought I would shoot an updated game room video.

#17344 2 years ago
    Quoted from Briks-707:

awesome collection! i’m envious!

#17345 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nazz26:

Thank you for your concern. I did view many model homes down here in Florida and some had the same 1x7 window in the master bedroom and that window combined with the 93” sliding patio doors to the backyard pool area (lanai) let in more then enough light. As of resale your are right about picky buyers, when I put my house for sale in NY a potential buyer was complaining to their agent that my couch was to big for the living room and that discourage them from buying the house. Haha. My furniture..really? To that...Move on and let the next potential buyer view the house.

I say build it how you want it, screw resale, someone will always buy it..

#17346 2 years ago

Added area 51 arcade

2E5907EA-DC26-4E62-906E-FF0BF3970F54 (resized).jpeg2E5907EA-DC26-4E62-906E-FF0BF3970F54 (resized).jpeg70AE9718-0D36-43CA-BDF3-5933A00731A0 (resized).jpeg70AE9718-0D36-43CA-BDF3-5933A00731A0 (resized).jpeg
    #17347 2 years ago

Finally getting around to putting some stuff up on the walls,starting with some of the crappier stuff and planning out my better art and collectibles for the prime wall space. I'll post a couple progress pics as I go. It's hard to see but pacmans sleigh has my name on it.

PXL_20210404_003606308 (resized).jpgPXL_20210404_003606308 (resized).jpgPXL_20210404_003615388 (resized).jpgPXL_20210404_003615388 (resized).jpgPXL_20210404_003716010 (resized).jpgPXL_20210404_003716010 (resized).jpgPXL_20210404_003818031 (resized).jpgPXL_20210404_003818031 (resized).jpg

PXL_20210404_005228535 (resized).jpgPXL_20210404_005228535 (resized).jpg

#17348 2 years ago

Here’s my latest pic. Almost done restoring my mousin around.

81AF780B-3475-4902-9B23-A92B8365914F (resized).jpeg81AF780B-3475-4902-9B23-A92B8365914F (resized).jpeg2A0EBE3D-EF96-4AD9-B47F-135C8FEA2C6A (resized).jpeg2A0EBE3D-EF96-4AD9-B47F-135C8FEA2C6A (resized).jpeg2D093CF9-C6F5-42C5-B186-4DDED4DC3442 (resized).jpeg2D093CF9-C6F5-42C5-B186-4DDED4DC3442 (resized).jpeg
    #17349 2 years ago
    Quoted from s2k4ary:

Here’s my latest pic. Almost done restoring my mousin around.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks amazing. Love Mousin' Around.

Chris

1 week later
    #17350 2 years ago

Here are the most recent photos I have of my basement. I've made a few changes to the pin lineup since then, but it's mostly the same ...

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg16 (resized).jpg16 (resized).jpg17 (resized).jpg17 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg
    There are 23,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 475.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/347?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.