Topic Stats

• 23,721 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by toaster777
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg
    20240324_164009 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163842 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163742 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163730 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163712 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163705 (resized).jpg

There are 23,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 345 of 475.
    #17201 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

That was something I considered as that is a great option to have, but I figured that since the basement is a walkout I should be able to avoid stairs about 9-10 months of the year when there isn't snow on the ground. For the inside staircase I made sure to make it a straight shot with no walls or quick turnarounds to worry about.

Walkouts are the best that is one thing I wish my lot would have been able to accommodate.

Good Luck with the build!!

#17202 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Walkouts are the best that is one thing I wish my lot would have been able to accommodate.

High clearance roller door and a fork lift are the best.

#17203 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Thank you! It's not a sure thing yet. Just preliminary talks so far and I should get an estimate on cost within the next week. -could be scary with the cost of building materials. And of course I need to list and sell my current place. I'm optimistic though!

#17204 3 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

You should be able to get 16 games in there without the heads touching.[quoted image]

Thanks! that's nice to see it mapped out. I went by measurements on some of my Classic Bally heads for width, but I suppose I should be able to get at least 15 if I keep my Bally's on one side and keep the modern games with narrower heads on the other side.

#17205 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Thank you! It's not a sure thing yet. Just preliminary talks so far and I should get an estimate on cost within the next week. -could be scary with the cost of building materials. And of course I need to list and sell my current place. I'm optimistic though!

I've been doing some renovating and discovered that wood prices are 114% up over 2019. Absolutely worst time to be building lol. Sad thing is they'll just keep going up.

#17206 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Knowing how quickly I tend to fill up available space, I have a feeling I'll just be using the area for pins. Maybe a stool or two. I'm sure over time I could even spill out a few more games (maybe a Chexx or a vid or two) into the family room if needed. The area on the other side of the wall is storage and what would be my pinball work-room. It would be nice to have room to have a few project games in there with enough room to work on them. I don't want to take over too much of this storage/workroom space, but I think pushing the wall out another foot would probably be a good compromise.
    [quoted image]

hmmm, just trade spaces with the Family Room now, you'll get there eventually.

#17207 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I've been doing some renovating and discovered that wood prices are 114% up over 2019. Absolutely worst time to be building lol. Sad thing is they'll just keep going up.

Yeah it's not great. From the builders I've talked to they've estimated that it costs about 15% more overall to build now vs. a year ago with all things considered. The saving grace is that used prices are also up 10-15% due to demand and lack of supply. Low interest rates also make the pill a bit easier to swallow.

#17208 3 years ago

Although I have quite a few EM Arcades, when I built the addition, I designed it for pinballs
    and with a row on the left and right, from rear of back box to rear of back box it turned out to be
    13' and a couple inches which is plenty of space for not only pulling the glass, but 2 players back to
    back and room for a 3rd person to walk in between (providing it's not like a 3 ring circus freak show
    lady). As far as space alone, as many will agree, when you think there's enough, that thought
    more than not is short lived..
    To avoid a staircase in the basement, I put up concrete blocks to form like a 5' inside square,
    then before going further up with the breezeway blocks, I lowered a used oil tank in the 5' square
    for the basics of a circular stairway. It saved room in the house and much in the basement, and
    yes, I do have a walkout in the basement..

IMG_0366 (resized).JPGIMG_0366 (resized).JPG
    #17209 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I think i've solved the problem of my mates drinking my beer all the time. I'll keep their beer here at $2 a can.
    [quoted image]
    At $800au used with a newish compressor, it's cheaper than a side by side fridge that size. Holds 440 cans over 7 products.

Yup, it's the only way to go.
    John

mtn. dew machine (resized).jpgmtn. dew machine (resized).jpg
    #17210 3 years ago

Just spent $180 on soft drinks to fill it. Haven't been to the liquor store to buy the horrible lagers they all drink yet though. Should have done this years and years ago.

#17211 3 years ago

I bought this Coke machine for $200 about 8 years ago. I have it set for nickels and there is a nickel holder on the side of the machine. It holds about 180 cans of pop.

20160713_135220 (resized).jpg20160713_135220 (resized).jpg
    #17212 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Looking for some advice here. I've been talking with a builder about building a new home. The current blueprints show a dedicated gameroom of 14'3 x 19'10. I think this should be able to fit 2 rows of 7 machines leaving around a 53" aisle between games up the middle. Is this enough, or should I try to have them push the wall out another foot or so (to 15'3"x 19'10"). thanks!
    [quoted image]

I havent really understood having that many games.
    I currently just have a loaner (hobbit, love it), since my game room isnt finished.
    Still there is something to fix almost every week. Having lots of games, should mean working on them all the time?
    Also, with the great price situation on used game, why not just have five or so, changing them out, when they get old?

With five games, you will have enough room for a small bar, a sofa and a jukebox.

#17213 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

First rule of pinball: you can never have too many

#17214 3 years ago

I was under the impression vending machines are big power wasters.
    Especially, those small glass door Red Bull ones...

#17215 3 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

I was under the impression vending machines are big power wasters.
    Especially, those small glass door Red Bull ones...

I live in a warehouse, power is high anyway. I did just empty and turn off a chest freezer though.

If you don't have lots of people over then the machine would not be worth it to you. I run a comp every Sunday and there's always someone here drinking beer and shooting shit the rest of the days.

#17216 3 years ago

Starting on the flooring..
    Once the first 4 rows are in, then will be
    able to use the much quicker floor nailer..
    1/5 boxes down, 56 4/5 to go..

IMG_0367 (resized).JPGIMG_0367 (resized).JPG
    #17217 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

I currently just have a loaner (hobbit, love it), since my game room isnt finished.
    Still there is something to fix almost every week. Having lots of games, should mean working on them all the time?
    Also, with the great price situation on used game, why not just have five or so, changing them out, when they get old?
    With five games, you will have enough room for a small bar, a sofa and a jukebox.

In a game room thread, doesnt understand why so many games lol. We have the space, thats why.

#17218 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

In a game room thread, doesnt understand why so many games lol. We have the space, thats why.

The only reason I stopped at 4!

#17219 3 years ago

I updated the game room with some new paint. Then I illuminated the playfields I had hanging on the wall using LED strips and ran the wiring inside the wall to keep things tidy.

Plus I rewired my outlets so everything in the room comes on with a single switch now. It was worth the effort.

PXL_20210306_233702979 (resized).jpgPXL_20210306_233702979 (resized).jpgPXL_20210314_000957266 (resized).jpgPXL_20210314_000957266 (resized).jpgPXL_20210314_001408835 (resized).jpgPXL_20210314_001408835 (resized).jpg
    #17220 3 years ago
    Quoted from swilson143:

I updated the game room with some new paint. Then I illuminated the playfields I had hanging on the wall using LED strips and ran the wiring inside the wall to keep things tidy.
    Plus I rewired my outlets so everything in the room comes on with a single switch now. It was worth the effort.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Way to go! Cool room, I like the stripe

#17222 3 years ago

Update of my meager setup.

20210316_140644 (resized).jpg20210316_140644 (resized).jpg
    #17224 3 years ago

The start of something awesome!!!

IMG_9028 (resized).JPGIMG_9028 (resized).JPGIMG_9024 (resized).JPGIMG_9024 (resized).JPG
    #17226 3 years ago

Disregard last post. Pics never showed. Nice start!!!!

#17227 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I think i've solved the problem of my mates drinking my beer all the time. I'll keep their beer here at $2 a can.
    [quoted image]
    At $800au used with a newish compressor, it's cheaper than a side by side fridge that size. Holds 440 cans over 7 products.

I can not wait to come visit your place, mate

#17228 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Yeah it's not great. From the builders I've talked to they've estimated that it costs about 15% more overall to build now vs. a year ago with all things considered. The saving grace is that used prices are also up 10-15% due to demand and lack of supply. Low interest rates also make the pill a bit easier to swallow.

Seeing the same here - we are a bit lucky that we bought most of our materials back in very early 2020 - but now I'm doing trim and I'm starting to hear complaints about cost there (and keep in mind *I* am the electrician on the project, which was NOT part of the budget!). The big downside is that so many people are doing renos that the really good guys are being pulled away to higher-paying projects, and the mid-price guys are having a hard time keeping them on the jobs.

#17229 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can not wait to come visit your place, mate

Sounds like a good plan. By the time we are all travelling again, i may have built an entirely new 500sqM shed that pretty much replicates what i have here, bit with no neighbours on an acreage close to town.

Awaiting drawings and costings this week.

Pretty excited, i haven't taken on a project since i built my container house, and i've never taken on a project this large. Project management certificate/skills should come in handy.

#17230 3 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

Disregard last post. Pics never showed. Nice start!!!!

Ha! No sweat dude! Thanks!

#17231 3 years ago
    Quoted from swilson143:

Nice work!!!!

#17232 3 years ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

I bought this Coke machine for $200 about 8 years ago. I have it set for nickels and there is a nickel holder on the side of the machine. It holds about 180 cans of pop.
    [quoted image]

From MN and a Sioux fan! Gotta love that!

#17233 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boblabla:

Sioux Forever! Even the game room had its Green on last night.
    20210316_194053 (resized).jpg20210316_194053 (resized).jpg20210316_194420 (resized).jpg20210316_194420 (resized).jpg

#17234 3 years ago
    Quoted from swilson143:

I updated the game room with some new paint.

Nice! And I love the flag. Is it one of those cool hideaways for things like really good bourbon or a just in case 9mm?
    I am a little concerned for the whirlwind though, being so close to a tankless water heater.

#17235 3 years ago
    Quoted from swilson143:

That's some serious fade of the red on the Indy cabinet. So many are like that, one side of mine included. However, I'm sure it plays just fine!

#17236 3 years ago

Not really Gameroom related, well maybe with a stretch, I made these two t-shirts for me and a friend, I might make them available to the public if any of you are interested.

35B9740D-A9EC-4E3B-B264-8A7C142A704F.jpeg35B9740D-A9EC-4E3B-B264-8A7C142A704F.jpeg

62858959-7748-4B7F-9B96-4172ED797140.jpeg62858959-7748-4B7F-9B96-4172ED797140.jpeg

#17237 3 years ago
    Quoted from webdiddy:

Not really Gameroom related, well maybe with a stretch, I made these two t-shirts for me and a friend, I might make them available to the public if any of you are interested.

This be the thread you want;

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2-show-off-your-pinball-t-shirts

#17238 3 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

Nice! And I love the flag. Is it one of those cool hideaways for things like really good bourbon or a just in case 9mm?
    I am a little concerned for the whirlwind though, being so close to a tankless water heater.

The real concern is my wife parking in that same garage. She's been know to hit stuff

#17240 3 years ago
    Quoted from swilson143:

The real concern is my wife parking in that same garage. She's been know to hit stuff

Build her a carport. Then she can only hit the door.

#17241 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boblabla:

Nice room and someone else who calls pop, "pop"!

#17242 3 years ago
    Quoted from swilson143:

Then I illuminated the playfields I had hanging on the wall using LED strips and ran the wiring inside the wall to keep things tidy.

This reminds me of the Jeremy Williams Arduino-powered PF lighting kits no longer sold? It was a great product I wish I could get for my spare Deadpool PF! Jump to 2:55

#17243 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

This reminds me of the Jeremy Williams Arduino-powered PF lighting kits no longer sold? It was a great product I wish I could get for my spare Deadpool PF! Jump to 2:55

I remember it was prohibitively expensive.. like around 500$ or more for the kit. As usual, they got slaughtered on Pinside by armchair designers who thought they could design something similar for 1/5th the price. Of course that never happened.

Everybody wanted that kit but nobody was prepared to pay what it really cost unfortunately. Given the 1-2$k toppers being sold now I think it could probably work now. They were just a little ahead of their time.

Here's my 15$ solution from Amazon. Sorry for the short clip. There's 8-10 different flashing patterns and didn't feel like recording for 4-5 mins to get them all.

https://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Waterproof-Decorative-Valentines-Bedroom/dp/B07HH1FDY3/ref=sr_1_12

They have 50 and 100 light strings. I used 100 lights.

#17244 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

I remember it was prohibitively expensive.. like around 500$ or more for the kit. As usual, they got slaughtered on Pinside by armchair designers who thought they could design something similar for 1/5th the price. Of course that never happened.
    Everybody wanted that kit but nobody was prepared to pay what it really cost unfortunately. Given the 1-2$k toppers being sold now I think it could probably work now. They were just a little ahead of their time.
    Here's my 15$ solution from Amazon. Sorry for the short clip. There's 8-10 different flashing patterns and didn't feel like recording for 4-5 mins to get them all.
    amazon.com link »
    They have 50 and 100 light strings. I used 100 lights.

Rechargeable USB lights? Brilliant!

I was looking for something like this and didn't know it existed. Thank you!

MrMikeman Can one remote turn on and off 2 or more at the same time? Or do I need to use a separate remote for each one?

#17245 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Rechargeable USB lights? Brilliant!
    I was looking for something like this and didn't know it existed. Thank you!
    MrMikeman Can one remote turn on and off 2 or more at the same time? Or do I need to use a separate remote for each one?

They are not rechargeable or battery operated. They run off a USB port. I have a power bar with USB power on it that they are plugged into. 1 remote operates all within IR range. In my case both my USB "sticks" are near each other so both playfields turn on and off together.

5BDCC736-4840-4FBB-9318-9F629C1CFD2A (resized).jpeg5BDCC736-4840-4FBB-9318-9F629C1CFD2A (resized).jpeg
    #17246 3 years ago

I understand the challenges here. Building out a system of lights is a piece of cake, for one use case. To replicate the functionality of a bunch of playfields in attract is a ton of work.

I should just build out a sample program and open source it so anyone can add a playfield with their own class. Maybe when I do this to a whirlwind playfield.

#17247 3 years ago

I got a pic of the Ballshack in its current state from within the house being built behind ours. I assume when this house is eventually occupied and they look out the back window this will be the vision they have. At least until the fence goes up.

I think we are still on pace to take occupancy in May.

Ballshack (resized).pngBallshack (resized).png

#17248 3 years ago

Just to add to the discussion about illuminating old playfields. I used a cheap LED sequencer called "LED Magician" and cut an LED strip into small sections and soldered the wires to the small copper pads that are populated all along the strip. I think the sequencer has 10 or so different patterns and will accommodate around 15 different channels. I've done 4 playfields so far and will add more after I get my room set up later. The sequencer was around $25 as I recall.

Here's some video of one for the wall:

And also some video of a few playfields I put in a bar:

#17249 3 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

I got a pic of the Ballshack .......

Every time i read Ballshack, i chuckle ..... a dirty mind is a joy forever

#17250 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

Every time i read Ballshack, i chuckle ..... a dirty mind is a joy forever

I think it is one of my craftier ideas as far as naming my space (our last house had the "Den of Pin" which is fine, but not as good as Ballshack). My wife HATES it when we go to check the progress of the house and I say "Let's go out back and check out my ballshack." She's not a fan.

There are 23,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 345 of 475.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/345?hl=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.