Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 477.
    #17151 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Thinking of adding a lane master. Anyone have any experience with these?
    [quoted image]

I'd love to try one of these out too!
    Right now I'm planning on VR bowling with my new HP Reverb G2. It just sucks that it's a solo experience, unless you have two setups and link via internet multiplayer.

#17152 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Thinking of adding a lane master. Anyone have any experience with these?
    [quoted image]

I have one. What would you like to know?

#17153 3 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

How do they hold up? Any maintenance issues? I have a baytec skee ball now and it is good but re-playability is not awesome because we just go for the 10K over and over. This seems like it would have more upside because you actually have to aim for different shots.

Thanks,

Mike

#17154 3 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

I have been looking for one also. Is there only one game one it?

#17155 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

How do they hold up? Any maintenance issues? I have a baytec skee ball now and it is good but re-playability is not awesome because we just go for the 10K over and over. This seems like it would have more upside because you actually have to aim for different shots.
    Thanks,
    Mike

As far as maintenance and quality, I have had no issues. Out of the box, one wire had worked its way loose which affected the lighting on the lane, but once that was secured, there have been no issues at all.

Quoted from Lawnboy:

I have been looking for one also. Is there only one game one it?

In the sense that it is just a bowling game, yes, there is only one game on it. However, there are a number of changes to the settings that can be made. First off, the original 2 lane version of the game is designed as a redemption game based on points. The draw in FFCs is that there is a "golden pin stage". On stock settings, every time you get a strike, you get a separate golden pin stage where you try to knock down as many pins as you can out of 100. Lots of big sounds and effects when you do so. And your score in the GPS is added to your normal score. So the casual players in FFCs and arcades are trying to get strikes to get the highest score and redemption payout. On stock settings the game gives you 3 frames (with the last frame having 3 balls like a 10th frame) so you could get up to 5 strikes and 5 GPS.

The version that I have is the single game Lane Master Pro. It has a print out machine that comes with that prints out your total score. Its designed more for home or bar use where people can try to compete for prizes.

Having said that, there are adjustments for both the larger 2 lane version and the 1 lane pro. You can adjust the number of frames (1-10), and number of pins in the GPS (up to 100). In addition, if you want a pure normal game of bowling, you can turn the GPS off entirely and play a regulation game. You can also adjust to have virtual bumpers in the gutters or not (to make it easier for kids).

My game can have up to 6 players in one game. Each takes their turn each frame like normal bowling. You can enter the names at the start of the game, or only if you get a high score after the game (it keeps track of all high scores - e.g. it keeps one set of HS for golden pin games, and other HS for normal play).

The balls are a good size and feel about right in your hand. They are not heavy (to ensure things don't get easily broken) but not too light either.

There is a good sense of timing from when the ball ends its run on the actual lane to when it gets translated into its path on the screen. Feels really seemless. It doesn't really sense spin on the ball. But rather, if you throw it a bit harder, it will automatically spin the ball toward the pocket, simulating a 10 pin balls throw.

For a regulation game, scoring is higher than normal. You can adjust the difficultly, but it is fairly forgiving even at the hardest setting.

Overall its a lot of fun. The kids and their friends like it a lot, especially the GPS. I like the regulation mode as I am more of a purist and its nice to have the option.

Hope this helps. Happy to answer any other questions you may have.

thumbnail_IMG_2238 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_2238 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_2341 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_2341 (resized).jpg
    #17156 3 years ago

Another similar type of game that I love even more is Putt! Championship Edition from Chicago Gaming.

Its based on similar principles - you have a physical putter and actual golf ball. You put it into the machine and it senses the speed and trajectory of the ball, and simulates the rest of its path on the screen. You can have up to 4 players at a time, and play either 3 or 9 hole games. There are three 9 hole courses included in the game. Each course has its own feel. Paradise Sands is a Hawaiian themed course with holes that are more "golf" oriented (i.e. less spinning windmills). The second is Vegas Strip with lots of gadgety type holes all based off part of Vegas (e.g. the Venetian, a craps table, a circus, etc). The third course is Route 66 which has the trappings of many drive up mini golf courses. Almost all holes have some gimmick you can shoot for.

The physics for this game are awesome IMO. Very accurate speed and trajectory. Not easy by any stretch with lots of cool sound effects, music and theming. Keeps track of high (i.e. low) scores for all courses. If you like mini golf, this is an amazing game. I love it. It might be my favorite game in my collection. Its just plain out fun.

The only issue is that they are rare. They were discontinued a while ago. I got one of the last ones I could find in North America. It was used but in excellent condition.

thumbnail_IMG_3688 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3688 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3689 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3689 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3690 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3690 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3691 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3691 (resized).jpg
    #17157 3 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

As far as maintenance and quality, I have had no issues. Out of the box, one wire had worked its way loose which affected the lighting on the lane, but once that was secured, there have been no issues at all.

In the sense that it is just a bowling game, yes, there is only one game on it. However, there are a number of changes to the settings that can be made. First off, the original 2 lane version of the game is designed as a redemption game based on points. The draw in FFCs is that there is a "golden pin stage". On stock settings, every time you get a strike, you get a separate golden pin stage where you try to knock down as many pins as you can out of 100. Lots of big sounds and effects when you do so. And your score in the GPS is added to your normal score. So the casual players in FFCs and arcades are trying to get strikes to get the highest score and redemption payout. On stock settings the game gives you 3 frames (with the last frame having 3 balls like a 10th frame) so you could get up to 5 strikes and 5 GPS.
    The version that I have is the single game Lane Master Pro. It has a print out machine that comes with that prints out your total score. Its designed more for home or bar use where people can try to compete for prizes.
    Having said that, there are adjustments for both the larger 2 lane version and the 1 lane pro. You can adjust the number of frames (1-10), and number of pins in the GPS (up to 100). In addition, if you want a pure normal game of bowling, you can turn the GPS off entirely and play a regulation game. You can also adjust to have virtual bumpers in the gutters or not (to make it easier for kids).
    My game can have up to 6 players in one game. Each takes their turn each frame like normal bowling. You can enter the names at the start of the game, or only if you get a high score after the game (it keeps track of all high scores - e.g. it keeps one set of HS for golden pin games, and other HS for normal play).
    The balls are a good size and feel about right in your hand. They are not heavy (to ensure things don't get easily broken) but not too light either.
    There is a good sense of timing from when the ball ends its run on the actual lane to when it gets translated into its path on the screen. Feels really seemless. It doesn't really sense spin on the ball. But rather, if you throw it a bit harder, it will automatically spin the ball toward the pocket, simulating a 10 pin balls throw.
    For a regulation game, scoring is higher than normal. You can adjust the difficultly, but it is fairly forgiving even at the hardest setting.
    Overall its a lot of fun. The kids and their friends like it a lot, especially the GPS. I like the regulation mode as I am more of a purist and its nice to have the option.
    Hope this helps. Happy to answer any other questions you may have.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks much for the great right up

#17158 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lawnboy:

Thanks much for the great right up

Sweet Montreal Forum chair!

#17159 3 years ago

Wanted to share some pictures since for once all games are up and running and in place. It may not happen again for a while.

B90E3C12-A9CB-4594-B799-B18AF947F19B (resized).jpegB90E3C12-A9CB-4594-B799-B18AF947F19B (resized).jpegC154EB91-8B82-4F0E-8DEF-13AD4BCBF2D1 (resized).jpegC154EB91-8B82-4F0E-8DEF-13AD4BCBF2D1 (resized).jpeg48EA0953-0C86-404C-964D-240487D5C9D5 (resized).jpeg48EA0953-0C86-404C-964D-240487D5C9D5 (resized).jpeg3FEF0A03-76BC-405B-A5E0-6598B3A3508B (resized).jpeg3FEF0A03-76BC-405B-A5E0-6598B3A3508B (resized).jpeg2765968B-679E-49A2-B5B6-22492D1C8EA0 (resized).jpeg2765968B-679E-49A2-B5B6-22492D1C8EA0 (resized).jpeg873C2893-F2DB-4B9D-8E39-067559C8F12C (resized).jpeg873C2893-F2DB-4B9D-8E39-067559C8F12C (resized).jpeg9FBE9AE4-E3A7-4D1B-8E96-4706E27AD5AC (resized).jpeg9FBE9AE4-E3A7-4D1B-8E96-4706E27AD5AC (resized).jpeg
    #17160 3 years ago
    Quoted from schwism:

Wanted to share some pictures since for once all games are up and running and in place. It may not happen again for a while.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the matching mats for your games. I have mats but they are just black and grey. Would love the matching mats and it would just be a bonus with the game if i sold it.

#17161 3 years ago
    Quoted from smcclain65:

Where did you get the matching mats for your games. I have mats but they are just black and grey. Would love the matching mats and it would just be a bonus with the game if i sold it.

EBay. Search for pinball game rug.

#17162 3 years ago
    Quoted from CanadianPinball:

Sweet Montreal Forum chair!

Thanks!

After I got it, I had Jean Belliveau sign it when he was in town. Lugged the whole chair to the signing. He was, of course, a complete gentleman as everyone notes. When I was up, he told me that he only had one other person do this (bring a Forum seat for him to sign). But when he went to sign that person's seat, his pen exploded all over the seat! So Jean told me that he was going to take extra special care in signing mine.

Its the little stories like that that make all of our gameroom items special.

#17163 3 years ago

Does it still smell like beer, cigarettes, and championships? That neat but blasphemy if your from Edmonton. Go Leafs!

#17164 3 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Thanks!
    After I got it, I had Jean Belliveau sign it when he was in town. Lugged the whole chair to the signing. He was, of course, a complete gentleman as everyone notes. When I was up, he told me that he only had one other person do this (bring a Forum seat for him to sign). But when he went to sign that person's seat, his pen exploded all over the seat! So Jean told me that he was going to take extra special care in signing mine.
    Its the little stories like that that make all of our gameroom items special.

Pretty cool to have items that represent stories like that, nice! You also have a Guy Lafleur pic, flower power! (50 goals and 100 points in six consecutive seasons, five Stanley Cups!)

#17165 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I’m drooling over the Seeburg R and V200!

Quoted from cait001:

I love seeing a bingo row like that!

Glad to hear.

#17166 3 years ago

Small update on "Dave's Ballshack" (pool house full of pinball eventually).
    Brick was finished a couple days ago, as well as most of the insulation. The insulation folks broke the brick loose on the threshold of the shack because it wasn't dry yet so they'll have to come back and reset it. Also the pocket door frame for the bathroom has been installed (did a pocket door because I'm trying to minimize how much internal loss of space with doors that swing out into the space). Also pictured is the breezeway/entrance between the house and the shack leading into the back yard which will include a gate with magnetic lock.
    We have high hopes we'll be moving in around the early part of May.
    Poolside 1 (resized).jpegPoolside 1 (resized).jpeg
    Poolside 2 (resized).jpegPoolside 2 (resized).jpeg
    Poolside 3 (resized).jpegPoolside 3 (resized).jpeg

#17167 3 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

Brick was finished a couple days ago, as well as most of the insulation. The insulation folks broke the brick loose on the threshold of the shack because it wasn't dry yet so they'll have to come back and reset it. Also the pocket door frame for the bathroom has been installed (did a pocket door because I'm trying to minimize how much internal loss of space with doors that swing out into the space). Also pictured is the breezeway/entrance between the house and the shack leading into the back yard which will include a gate with magnetic lock.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Man, best of luck to you. When did you start this build again?

#17168 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man, best of luck to you. When did you start this build again?

Slab was poured in December.

#17169 3 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

"Dave's Ballshack"

Shackwarming party coming up I hope! I'd make the trip for that!

#17170 3 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

Sorry, but I have to ask...does no one pick up after themselves?

#17171 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

Shackwarming party coming up I hope! I'd make the trip for that!

Stay tuned! Want to wait until we have the pool installed and I have a chance to get it all together then invite the B'ham folks up for a Saturday pinball tournament and pool lounging session. Make a day of it.

#17172 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sorry, but I have to ask...does no one pick up after themselves?

Haha! Ain't that the truth? Place is a mess right now.

#17173 3 years ago

We are meeting with builders tomorrow. Still don’t know whether to build a game room / theater as part of the house or a separate building.

#17174 3 years ago

Cheers!20210305_170413 (resized).jpg20210305_170413 (resized).jpg

#17175 3 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

Slab was poured in December.

OMG this pisses me off. We started in APRIL 2020. Best to you though, this build is looking outstanding !

#17176 3 years ago

a fresh coat of paint for the game room
    the dining area of my kitchen became home for 6 games
    and a new silver ball ceiling fan. I might go with light option

g1 (resized).jpgg1 (resized).jpgg2 (resized).jpgg2 (resized).jpgg3 (resized).jpgg3 (resized).jpgg4 (resized).jpgg4 (resized).jpg

bigball (resized).jpgbigball (resized).jpgBallLightLED652 (resized).jpgBallLightLED652 (resized).jpg
    #17177 3 years ago

Anyone have one of the Arcade1UP Big Buck Hunters? Thinking about getting one and so far looks like reviews are good.

#17178 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Anyone have one of the Arcade1UP Big Buck Hunters? Thinking about getting one and so far looks like reviews are good.

My buddy has one. He and his son love it.

#17179 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I got one about a week ago. The whole family is loving it and playing it almost every day at the moment. I also had a few mates around for drinks and it was played non stop for hours. I would reccomend getting one.

#17180 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

We are meeting with builders tomorrow. Still don’t know whether to build a game room / theater as part of the house or a separate building.

Why would you want a separate building? Seems that would be a much more expensive route, unless it is part of a larger workshop/car area. Id rather it be part of the overall house..

#17181 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

a fresh coat of paint for the game room
    the dining area of my kitchen became home for 6 games
    and a new silver ball ceiling fan. I might go with light option
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry, but you HAVE to go with the silver ball edition! Find light elsewhere hah

#17182 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChipScott:

i feel like the bar / game room is really coming along....finding it hard to leave [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man I would happily spend my days here!! Love your setup!!

#17183 3 years ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon:

My buddy has one. He and his son love it.

Quoted from Micky:

I got one about a week ago. The whole family is loving it and playing it almost every day at the moment. I also had a few mates around for drinks and it was played non stop for hours. I would recommend getting one.

Thanks guys I appreciate the response, can't trust companies to be honest so it's good to hear from people who actually bought one.

#17184 3 years ago

Can you tell I like old Bally's? Also collect vending stuff. Many of the pins are HUO. My pride and joy accumulated over the last 30 years.

DSCN0301 (resized).JPGDSCN0301 (resized).JPGDSCN0302 (resized).JPGDSCN0302 (resized).JPGDSCN0303 (resized).JPGDSCN0303 (resized).JPGDSCN0304 (resized).JPGDSCN0304 (resized).JPGDSCN0305 (resized).JPGDSCN0305 (resized).JPGDSCN0306 (resized).JPGDSCN0306 (resized).JPGDSCN0307 (resized).JPGDSCN0307 (resized).JPGDSCN0308 (resized).JPGDSCN0308 (resized).JPGDSCN0309 (resized).JPGDSCN0309 (resized).JPGDSCN0310 (resized).JPGDSCN0310 (resized).JPGDSCN0311 (resized).JPGDSCN0311 (resized).JPGDSCN0312 (resized).JPGDSCN0312 (resized).JPGDSCN0313 (resized).JPGDSCN0313 (resized).JPGDSCN0314 (resized).JPGDSCN0314 (resized).JPGDSCN0315 (resized).JPGDSCN0315 (resized).JPGDSCN0316 (resized).JPGDSCN0316 (resized).JPGDSCN0317 (resized).JPGDSCN0317 (resized).JPGDSCN0318 (resized).JPGDSCN0318 (resized).JPGDSCN0319 (resized).JPGDSCN0319 (resized).JPGDSCN0320 (resized).JPGDSCN0320 (resized).JPGDSCN0321 (resized).JPGDSCN0321 (resized).JPG
    #17185 3 years ago
    Quoted from MVCO:

Can you tell I like old Bally's? Also collect vending stuff. Many of the pins are HUO. My pride and joy accumulated over the last 30 years.

Awesome room!

#17186 3 years ago
    Quoted from MVCO:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice collection. Jealous of the Nickelodeon Player piano!

#17187 3 years ago
    Quoted from MVCO:

My pride and joy accumulated over the last 30 years.

I have a couple Stoner Candy machines and had a nice original 7 pull Stoner Cigarette machine
    which I traded off, but if I came up with a more vintage 5 puller, I'd have to keep it..
    Very nice 30 year set up..

#17188 3 years ago

Yesterday my neighbor and I installed partial of the brick wall in the corner the
    Pellet Stove will be going, and now at a stand still. To insure it'll come out close
    to exact, I can't go any further until the hardwood flooring comes in which suppose
    to be the 12th, but then again.
    I'm putting down Affinity porcelain tile for the flooring. Being .38" (about 3/8"),
    and with the 1/4" hardi back and thin set, it should match up pretty darn close to
    the 3/4" flooring. Even have the base board stained, and now just waiting..

IMG_0362 (resized).JPGIMG_0362 (resized).JPGIMG_0363 (resized).JPGIMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    #17189 3 years ago
    Quoted from MVCO:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Phenomenal game rooms!
    Thanks for sharing.

#17190 3 years ago

This weeks front four. All good company.

pb35 (resized).jpgpb35 (resized).jpg

#17191 3 years ago

Looking for some advice here. I've been talking with a builder about building a new home. The current blueprints show a dedicated gameroom of 14'3 x 19'10. I think this should be able to fit 2 rows of 7 machines leaving around a 53" aisle between games up the middle. Is this enough, or should I try to have them push the wall out another foot or so (to 15'3"x 19'10"). thanks!

gameroomblueprints (resized).pnggameroomblueprints (resized).png
    #17192 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Looking for some advice here. I've been talking with a builder about building a new home. The current blueprints show a dedicated gameroom of 14'3 x 19'10. I think this should be able to fit 2 rows of 7 machines leaving around a 53" aisle between games up the middle. Is this enough, or should I try to have them push the wall out another foot or so (to 15'3"x 19'10"). thanks!
    [quoted image]

The more room the better. Also, think about when you need to pull a game out or put one in. It's a good idea to have more space to do that. Best wishes with your new home! That's exciting!

#17193 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

[quoted image]

Push it a foot. The last thing you want is that the games fit nicely but none of the humans do. Make sure 10 people can fit in there comfortably - Will you add any seating?

#17194 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

[quoted image]

13' is the minimum to have 2 rows and still enough room to slide off the glass. That's what I have in most of my gameroom. It is hard to pass another player in that space, Your 14' 3" is a bit better than that. As others have said, another foot would be even better.

#17195 3 years ago
    Quoted from JimWilks:

13' is the minimum to have 2 rows and still enough room to slide off the glass. That's what I have in most of my gameroom. It is hard to pass another player in that space, Your 14' 3" is a bit better than that. As others have said, another foot would be even better.

16' x 20' is the way to go and you have nice even math to boot

#17196 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Push it a foot. The last thing you want is that the games fit nicely but none of the humans do. Make sure 10 people can fit in there comfortably - Will you add any seating?

Knowing how quickly I tend to fill up available space, I have a feeling I'll just be using the area for pins. Maybe a stool or two. I'm sure over time I could even spill out a few more games (maybe a Chexx or a vid or two) into the family room if needed. The area on the other side of the wall is storage and what would be my pinball work-room. It would be nice to have room to have a few project games in there with enough room to work on them. I don't want to take over too much of this storage/workroom space, but I think pushing the wall out another foot would probably be a good compromise.

basementplan (resized).pngbasementplan (resized).png
    #17197 3 years ago

Another thought is stairs from the garage to the basement. I have this in my house and it's a godsend when you don't have to worry about dragging things thru the font door and damaging floors or walls. Just my 2cents

#17198 3 years ago

I think i've solved the problem of my mates drinking my beer all the time. I'll keep their beer here at $2 a can.

dm1 (resized).jpgdm1 (resized).jpg

At $800au used with a newish compressor, it's cheaper than a side by side fridge that size. Holds 440 cans over 7 products.

#17199 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Another thought is stairs from the garage to the basement. I have this in my house and it's a godsend when you don't have to worry about dragging things thru the font door and damaging floors or walls. Just my 2cents

That was something I considered as that is a great option to have, but I figured that since the basement is a walkout I should be able to avoid stairs about 9-10 months of the year when there isn't snow on the ground. For the inside staircase I made sure to make it a straight shot with no walls or quick turnarounds to worry about.

#17200 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

[quoted image]

You should be able to get 16 games in there without the heads touching.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/344?hl=adtseismo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.