Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 477.
    #17101 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChipScott:

Yup, we are collectors of vintage Playboy's, but suppose the argument would have been Heffs' as well, back in the day
    In all sincerity, I do apologize if that picture of the bar with the the edge of a vintage magazine rack holding those magazines from the '60s and '70s offended you. I'm not being sarcastic, I suppose I probably should have thought about that before including that picture and not assume everyone would have appreciated that. Tell you what, as a proud supporter of this site, there may be others that might not like that either, so I'll go ahead and take that picture off.
    But yeah man, we are a small adult family with eclectic tastes and of course, a large love for pinball

Boo! I didn’t even get to see the rack of vintage P-boys! Bravo on your bar/gameroom. It’s rare to see someone using so many colors, textures and patterns, along with the various jars and conversation pieces. Looks like a really fun place to have a drink or two. I wouldn’t want to trip there!

#17102 3 years ago

Most comfy game room I have seen @chipscott. Very inviting. Great to see something different!

#17103 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChipScott:

Yup, we are collectors of vintage Playboy's, but suppose the argument would have been Heffs' as well, back in the day
    In all sincerity, I do apologize if that picture of the bar with the the edge of a vintage magazine rack holding those magazines from the '60s and '70s offended you. I'm not being sarcastic, I suppose I probably should have thought about that before including that picture and not assume everyone would have appreciated that. Tell you what, as a proud supporter of this site, there may be others that might not like that either, so I'll go ahead and take that picture off.
    But yeah man, we are a small adult family with eclectic tastes and of course, a large love for pinball

Didn't offend me at all! I was just saying, I can't picture sitting there with my kids

#17104 3 years ago

Thanks y'all!!
    It's been super fun to develop over time and even better to chill out at!! I've been wanting to share in this thread for a while, and it's my honor to finally show off my pad!!
    Yup, there's a ton of fun and relaxing to be had and it's most definitely the go-to place at our house!!

#17105 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChipScott:

there may be others that might not like that either, so I'll go ahead and take that picture off.

I'm offended you took the picture down JK Great gameroom!

#17106 3 years ago

Drywall is up and done. Ready for paint

IMG_20210227_164709862 (resized).jpgIMG_20210227_164709862 (resized).jpg
    #17107 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I'm sorry but this was the best thing I've seen in a while. It really made me smile.
    Chris

Thank you, glad someone gets me... part 2 coming up

Edit:

Part 2 of my gameroom workshop
    P.S. this is NOT a political video

#17108 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

this is NOT a political video

For me it made it one of the best game rooms in this thread,
    which gave me the idea I'll be putting up my flag in my additional game room
    which is presently at a semi standstill. The Wu Flu virus crap is delaying the
    hardwood order, but still came quite a ways from what it looked like last Fall..

IMG_0354 (resized).JPGIMG_0354 (resized).JPGIMG_0355 (resized).JPGIMG_0355 (resized).JPGIMG_1454 (resized).JPGIMG_1454 (resized).JPG
    #17109 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Last pictures and videos I posted here of my collection was about 7 years. It is time for an updated.
    There are many games that have left my collection and have gone to new homes to enjoy and every time had to organize my chronological order.
    Go here to see my 160+ game collection over the years of games present and past.
    http://www.pinballowners.com/campgames[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m drooling over the Seeburg R and V200!

#17110 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChipScott:

Thanks!!! Yes, it's a great place to relax! Me and the family as well as our friends enjoy coming down here regularly, and we find it hard to leave!
    I agree, I would love to ultimately get some real slots up in there. I do have some vintage gas station condom machines coming that I'm going to put in that bathroom, and that'll add a little extra dimension to the bathroom and maybe take away from the fact that those slot machines, while they do take money, have working levers and spin, make noise and award jackpots, are nowhere near the real deal, hahaha...always fun and interesting to have a home bar bathroom where you can lose your money!

Vintage condom machines would be a great decoration. You might pair them with a cologne machine since they seem to go well together.

#17111 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Last pictures and videos I posted here of my collection was about 7 years. It is time for an updated.
    There are many games that have left my collection and have gone to new homes to enjoy and every time had to organize my chronological order.
    Go here to see my 160+ game collection over the years of games present and past.
    http://www.pinballowners.com/campgames[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love seeing a bingo row like that!

#17112 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thank you, glad someone gets me... part 2 coming up
    Edit:
    Part 2 of my gameroom workshop
    P.S. this is NOT a political video

Clicked on this because it is "NOT a political video". But. OOh found out why. No judgment! The room is gonna be awesome!!!!

#17113 3 years ago

Soliciting suggestions on how to get my contractor to get his ass in gear. We have been living in 3 tiny rooms in a 4,000 sq ft house for exactly 1 YEAR as of this coming Wednesday. How do I flog this guy legally

#17114 3 years ago

Did you already pay him?

John

#17115 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChipScott:

Damn! I know I'm getting old when I didn't even notice the playboy issues, overlooking them by checking out your pins.

#17116 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Soliciting suggestions on how to get my contractor to get his ass in gear. We have been living in 3 tiny rooms in a 4,000 sq ft house for exactly 1 YEAR as of this coming Wednesday. How do I flog this guy legally

If you're running into issues now, I'd be searching elsewhere. It sounds like it just isn't going to get any better.

#17117 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s horrible. What’s the hold up? I’m assuming it’s a reno and not new construction. I’m in the process of building a new house that’s significantly larger and we are on the construction process will be 14months.

I would definitely get in touch with a lawyer and see what your options are but it will all come down to your contract with your builder. Your in a tricky situation because he needs to finish the work and if you legally force him to get his ass moving I would be concerned about the quality of his work. I hate hearing stories like that. I hope it works out soon.

#17118 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

That’s horrible. What’s the hold up? I’m assuming it’s a reno and not new construction. I’m in the process of building a new house that’s significantly larger and we are on the construction process will be 14months.
    I would definitely get in touch with a lawyer and see what your options are but it will all come down to your contract with your builder. Your in a tricky situation because he needs to finish the work and if you legally force him to get his ass moving I would be concerned about the quality of his work. I hate hearing stories like that. I hope it works out soon.

Thanks folks - I think we really are stuck. This is a part Reno, part new build. We added 1500 sq ft or so, 3 levels - basement and 2 above ground. The build out is done, but we had 4 months of delays because the electrician basically never showed up. Once winter was upon us (and the house was wide open and freezing), I fired the electrician and pulled the permit myself to get it done.

Now we are done mostly with the new space but there is a ton of work still to be done, and I maybe see 1 guy show up a couple times a week. It’s going to take at least 3 more months to finish, and we are just at our wit’s end, living on top of one another, school, work, etc.

The most frustrating thing is I HAVENT paid him for a lot of the work! I didn’t pay him a dime for 6 months until we got our initial inspection approved, and now I’ve got about $80,000 due him to finish the project, and it’s just the slowest work ever.

One positive thing I can say is that the work is pretty good, but there’s so much left to do and he’s making noises about needing more money (ain’t no way that is happening).

The contract has a list of specifics but no schedule so I’m thinking not much we can do but just needed to get this off my chest. Looking forward to posting a photo of the game room eventually

#17119 3 years ago

Man I fee your pain.

Not a terrible idea to get a quote from another contractor and see how long it would take him to finish.

Talk to your current contractor, hey may be willing to mutually part ways. One guy every couple days is unacceptable.

#17120 3 years ago
    capture (resized).jpgcapture (resized).jpgcapture2 (resized).jpgcapture2 (resized).jpg
    #17121 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The most frustrating thing is I HAVENT paid him for a lot of the work! I didn’t pay him a dime for 6 months until we got our initial inspection approved, and now I’ve got about $80,000 due him to finish the project, and it’s just the slowest work ever.

You definitely have the upper hand on that one. And with it being $80k, I'd spend a few hundred to talk to an attorney.

#17122 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks folks - I think we really are stuck. This is a part Reno, part new build. We added 1500 sq ft or so, 3 levels - basement and 2 above ground. The build out is done, but we had 4 months of delays because the electrician basically never showed up. Once winter was upon us (and the house was wide open and freezing), I fired the electrician and pulled the permit myself to get it done.
    Now we are done mostly with the new space but there is a ton of work still to be done, and I maybe see 1 guy show up a couple times a week. It’s going to take at least 3 more months to finish, and we are just at our wit’s end, living on top of one another, school, work, etc.
    One positive thing I can say is that the work is pretty good, but there’s so much left to do and he’s making noises about needing more money (ain’t no way that is happening).
    The contract has a list of specifics but no schedule so I’m thinking not much we can do but just needed to get this off my chest. Looking forward to posting a photo of the game room eventually

This kind of thing is going on all over. You can't get anyone to even answer phones or return calls to get anything done.

#17123 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

is there a pandemic going? That might be having an effect.

#17124 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

OMG....that's extremely IMPRESSIVE!!!!!

#17125 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

This kind of thing is going on all over. You can't get anyone to even answer phones or return calls to get anything done.

That's what i'm hearing from talking with other folks. There's a TON of work being done in my neighborhood, too, mostly with larger firms. We went with a respected local dude, which I THOUGHT was a good call.

#17126 3 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I really need a EM gun game for my game room.

#17127 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Absolutely - although we were mostly unaffected in terms of getting materials. I bought everything back in April 2020, lumber, shingles, house wrap, HVAC mechanicals, etc. Pretty much everything except tile. This is really down to just labor

#17128 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

but there’s so much left to do and he’s making noises about needing more money (ain’t no way that is happening).

Totally agree. Don’t pay a dime more given what’s going on. These are warning signs, and if he’s not motivated to move by the lack of money, he will be even less motivated when you give him the money. I had a similar issue on a much smaller job, a bathroom remodel. It never worked out with the original contractor, and we ended up losing about $6K. We could have sued, but he didn’t have any money, and it would have just been more time spent and added frustration.

Quoted from PinPickle:

Man I fee your pain.
    Not a terrible idea to get a quote from another contractor and see how long it would take him to finish.
    Talk to your current contractor, hey may be willing to mutually part ways. One guy every couple days is unacceptable.

This. 100%. Find a way to part ways assuming you can get someone else in there.

#17129 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Yes on pandemic, but it is really not slowing anything down. I got a full custom house built (4500 sq ft with pool and boat dock) right in the middle of it in 6 months. Started in May and moved in first week of November. His problems sound like the contractor.

#17130 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's what i'm hearing from talking with other folks. There's a TON of work being done in my neighborhood, too, mostly with larger firms. We went with a respected local dude, which I THOUGHT was a good call.

Every contractor I've spoken with in the last year has said business is great with everyone stuck in their homes and sick of looking at their old kitchen/bath/etc.

This guy might be working other jobs if he thinks he can put off your stuff indefinitely.

#17131 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Absolutely - although we were mostly unaffected in terms of getting materials. I bought everything back in April 2020, lumber, shingles, house wrap, HVAC mechanicals, etc. Pretty much everything except tile. This is really down to just labor

You could amend your contract by offering the builder a series of draws, backloaded to incentivize production. If you are still willing to work with this builder, you could have a heart-to-heart and acknowledge he needs money, you need a house. If the pace picks up immediately, you could offer 10% of the remaining balance when work resumes, then 20%, 30% and finally the final 40% if he is meeting certain goals. (That’s just an example, you can design the draw schedule). Money may be the only motivator, and if the work is good, it might be worth a try. I used similar deals involving barrier-free housing construction. Good luck!

#17132 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

You could amend your contract by offering the builder a series of draws, backloaded to incentivize production. If you are still willing to work with this builder, you could have a heart-to-heart and acknowledge he needs money, you need a house. If the pace picks up immediately, you could offer 10% of the remaining balance when work resumes, then 20%, 30% and finally the final 40% if he is meeting certain goals. (That’s just an example, you can design the draw schedule). Money may be the only motivator, and if the work is good, it might be worth a try. I used similar deals involving barrier-free housing construction. Good luck!

This is a really good suggestion - and in fact is how I structured the contract.

I can't figure it out! He's just sloooooooow. I did not work in a schedule completion bonus though; perhaps I should have added that. Appreciate all the suggestions.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, just missing out I can't post photos of our gameroom yet! Oh man how pissed would my wife be if I moved the games into the new finished space LOL

#17133 3 years ago

What are we all missing...

FOG machine,
    Not my memory of an arcade without all the smoke.....
    Pool hall was worse, old smoke.

#17134 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, just missing out I can't post photos of our gameroom yet! Oh man how pissed would my wife be if I moved the games into the new finished space LOL

You could post some pictures of the game space construction - I am sure a lot of us would like to see it (myself included!)

#17135 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

You could post some pictures of the game space construction - I am sure a lot of us would like to see it (myself included!)

Good Call. The rest of the house is being built first (I'll post that separately) - but here are the 3D renders of the plans for the basement extension (existing basement has a workroom, bathroom, my office, storage, and a common area). The new area is 2 rooms: a workout room I'm decorating like a japanese tea room, and I promised my kid we'd have a 'secret door' access to the gameroom. So that's behind the japanese doors *and* a bookcase on wheels. The basement is already dug out and walls are up, but it's so full of stuff from the rest of the house you can't really see anything.

EDIT: added a photo of the basement. Makes it look like we are hoarders. That's all our stuff from the rest of the house!

basement-walkthrough1 (resized).pngbasement-walkthrough1 (resized).pngbasement-walkthrough2 (resized).pngbasement-walkthrough2 (resized).pngbasement-walkthrough3 (resized).pngbasement-walkthrough3 (resized).png
    Gameroom (resized).pngGameroom (resized).png

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#17136 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Good Call. The rest of the house is being built first (I'll post that separately) - but here are the 3D renders of the plans for the basement extension (existing basement has a workroom, bathroom, my office, storage, and a common area). The new area is 2 rooms: a workout room I'm decorating like a japanese tea room, and I promised my kid we'd have a 'secret door' access to the gameroom. So that's behind the japanese doors *and* a bookcase on wheels. The basement is already dug out and walls are up, but it's so full of stuff from the rest of the house you can't really see anything.
    EDIT: added a photo of the basement. Makes it look like we are hoarders. That's all our stuff from the rest of the house!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I was wondering where R2D2 ended up!

#17137 3 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

I was wondering where R2D2 ended up!

Yep... almost finished with that. Last couple pieces happening this week, then I need to wire him up!

#17138 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdc99999:

I'm regularly looking at these games room posts and often show them to the wife, it's nice to see the different ideas and visions for them. They are all unique and awesome regardless of size and style, after all, we do it for ourselves and they reflect our personalities and tastes.
    We were taking pics for someone today and she convinced me to share them on this forum so, here are a few before and after snapshots of our Man Cav... I mean Family Cave... we're very proud of it... ROCK ON and STAY SAFE guys, CHEERS!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love that wide planked wood on the wall. What type of wood is that. I think I want to do that in my gym.

#17139 3 years ago

Alright so I added onto my gameroom this year and added on an indoor basketball court. In the picture below the door was added to enter into my gym. This is one of my favorite pictures of my son shooting hoops in the new gym this year.

73023224-754D-4EBB-89CD-07321AB9F92B (resized).jpeg73023224-754D-4EBB-89CD-07321AB9F92B (resized).jpegB9179895-69E9-4E42-8C05-AC1A37C1BBFF (resized).jpegB9179895-69E9-4E42-8C05-AC1A37C1BBFF (resized).jpeg
    8735BA47-E3B6-4907-9F86-FE74E3C63998 (resized).jpeg8735BA47-E3B6-4907-9F86-FE74E3C63998 (resized).jpeg

#17140 3 years ago

I'm allowed 1 wall. That wall can only hold 4 machines. I like EM's a lot. I want more wall.

GR0 (1) (resized).pngGR0 (1) (resized).pngGR1 (1)-min (resized).pngGR1 (1)-min (resized).pngGR2 (1) (resized).pngGR2 (1) (resized).png

#17141 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Holy Shit. Now that's a collection.

#17142 3 years ago

Well I don't have a room to renovate.... (heck I don't even own or rent a home) but what I do have is a living room in a standard 2 BR apartment and an understanding wife...... 2 more incoming this week! Once that's done.... .on to decorations!

Pinball (resized).jpgPinball (resized).jpg

#17143 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:Alright so I added onto my gameroom this year and added on a indoor basketball court. In the picture below the door was added to enter into my gym. One of my favorite pictures of my son shooting hoops in the new gym this year.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! My dream home would have an indoor court. So many cool things you can do with that space besides playing basketball too. Super jealous!

#17144 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Alright so I added onto my gameroom this year and added on a indoor basketball court. In the picture below the door was added to enter into my gym.

I don't think you can say you added on - I think the correct term is encapsulated

Looks great!

#17145 3 years ago

Not my game room per se, but started moving into the basement pinball workshop, 12'x16' with a 12'x3' workbench along one wall. It will never be this clean and uncluttered again. Still shelves to go on the wall, more lighting, etc. Should have room to work comfortably with 3 machines in there, and is adjacent to the new game room still being worked on.

PXL_20210302_185456831 (resized).jpgPXL_20210302_185456831 (resized).jpg
    #17146 3 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

Not my game room per se, but started moving into the basement pinball workshop, 12'x16' with a 12'x3' workbench along one wall. It will never be this clean and uncluttered again. Still shelves to go on the wall, more lighting, etc. Should have room to work comfortably with 3 machines in there, and is adjacent to the new game room still being worked on.[quoted image]

What is this sorcery? Not the organizer/storage cases, I'm talking about the thing on wheels they are in. Did you build that yourself? Love it!
    organized (resized).PNGorganized (resized).PNG

#17147 3 years ago

Yeah built that as 3 separate ones all on wheels that fit under the pinball machines. Took the wheels off 2 of them and stacked and screwed together for the new space. Just 1" angle aluminum brackets to hold each container. I think I have too many parts.

#17148 3 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

Yeah built that as 3 separate ones all on wheels that fit under the pinball machines. Took the wheels off 2 of them and stacked and screwed together for the new space. Just 1" angle aluminum brackets to hold each container. I think I have too many parts.

WOW I need something like this. Great idea

#17149 3 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

What are we all missing...
    FOG machine,
    Not my memory of an arcade without all the smoke.....
    Pool hall was worse, old smoke.

I have a fog machine. Used to rock it a lot. I don’t think it works anymore. I am think of upgrading in the future to one of those ground fog machines.

#17150 3 years ago

Thinking of adding a lane master. Anyone have any experience with these?

E315450F-645D-4E07-8446-3F85B15BBA4B (resized).jpegE315450F-645D-4E07-8446-3F85B15BBA4B (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/343?hl=jtm3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.