Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 477.
    #1651 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I'm building a new house and it will have a dedicated game room. I will be using it for pinball machines and a vid or two, but it would also make a nice theater room or billiards room. It is 28x16 feet and has no windows except on the french doors. The french doors open right onto the sidewalk/driveway so games can go directly in and out with no sweat. There is a half bath and the gameroom has a door that can be closed to the rest of the house to keep the noise in. It will be connected to the main air conditioning, but will also have a supplemental 1.5 ton ductless air conditioner for parties. I want the room to be able to maintain 76 degrees with 15 pins, 20 people and no effen LEDs in the pins.
    The floor will be black-light carpet and there will be a massive DJ quality black-light LED light to make it pop. There will be dim-able spot lights in the ceiling. There is also a raised tray in the center of the ceiling that will have RGB LED strips hidden as indirect lighting for some awesome effects. Right next to the gameroom there is a 4-car garage which will have a paint booth... Here are some progress pictures.

Awesome! Single? No kids? Haha

#1652 10 years ago

Here is my modest room as of today, space is tight but I can fit one more pin in the corner I'm standing in to make 5. image.jpgimage.jpg

#1653 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rickwh:

Awesome! Single? No kids? Haha

No kids and for the first time in years I am unencumbered by female cohabitant. Now is a very good time to build a house! Believe me the house won't be a complete man cave. I have a lady interior designer who actually knows what looks good as opposed to girlfriends who think they do. I made sure from step one to have features to appeal to women and men. Most houses seem to be built for women's tastes and then they bitch because the puny 2-car garage has no room for cars and there are pinball machines in the living room.

#1654 10 years ago

Most of mine

#1655 10 years ago

Try again

20130901_201043.jpg20130901_201043.jpg

#1656 10 years ago

Sweet line up of games, nocreditdot!

#1657 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

No kids and for the first time in years I am unencumbered by female cohabitant. Now is a very good time to build a house! Believe me the house won't be a complete man cave. I have a lady interior designer who actually knows what looks good as opposed to girlfriends who think they do. I made sure from step one to have features to appeal to women and men. Most houses seem to be built for women's tastes and then they bitch because the puny 2-car garage has no room for cars and there are pinball machines in the living room.

Awesome! I didnt mean to be too personal. i just have 2kiddos and a very pinball encouraging wife. But, between that and other family stuff, there isnt much time to even play that much. Let alone build and design a pinball party palace! My hats off to ya! Congrats!

#1658 10 years ago

Thanks Pinfan. Not in the pic are Centaur, Flash Gordon, and EBD.

#1659 10 years ago

I've moved some pins around and decided to take a couple of pictures. This is the only one I liked. This angle allowed me to get all of my pins in one picture.

... Altan

(Some of you know, but there is a little trick going on here also...)

DSC_2635.jpgDSC_2635.jpg

#1660 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Pretty sure they are not needed. The house is concrete block exterior and built to the latest insane Hurricane codes with double straps, metal roof and impact resistant windows and doors. Here is an earlier picture from the outside with the gameroom being the large door at the center of the pic.

its looking nice john. I wish I had planed for a game room when I was building my house I did make a 2 car garage into a game room 24x24 it works well but I could use some more space

#1661 10 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

I've moved some pins around and decided to take a couple of pictures. This is the only one I liked. This angle allowed me to get all of my pins in one picture.
    ... Altan

Nice Mirror!

#1662 10 years ago

WOW, Now that's a game room. Look at all those sweet pins!

#1663 10 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

... Altan

was going to say you have a lot more than just 9 machines like your profile says then I realised lol

#1664 10 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

... Altan

It's all in the mirrors. Great idea.

#1665 10 years ago

Here's a pic. of my work in progress. You can barely make out 2 pins in the picture.

9-2-13.JPG9-2-13.JPG

#1666 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

was going to say you have a lot more than just 9 machines like your profile says then I realised lol

Same haha, started counting the pins then it clicked... Mensa is overrated anyway nice collections all.

#1667 10 years ago

Got permission to convert the garage to a game room. Love the pics of everyones efforts. A couple of questions, I've decided on carpet rather than tile for comfort and noise, but wondered what lighting is best? Central or edges? Also, Individual power points, or power boards?

Thanks for the help. Want to get it right.

#1668 10 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

wow, that mirror really adds to the room. Nice!

#1669 10 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

... Altan

I was thinking there's more than 9 pins then realised the mirror made an illusion

#1670 10 years ago

wow, that mirror really adds to the room. Nice!

Thanks (and thanks to everyone who commented).

I borrowed a more modern camera that supports panorama mode and got pretty impressive results with little effort. I intentionally took the previous picture in a darkened setting, but these shots were with normal lighting.

I don't know what Pinside does to "wide and not very tall" images. Hopefully you can click on the actual image to see the reasonable sized one I've uploaded. They should be around 3000 pixels wide.

(alright, apparently Pinside shows them small and also reduces the size of the images I uploaded. You can see larger ones @ http://www.aaarpinball.com/GameRoom/GameRoom.htm )

gr-pana1.jpggr-pana1.jpg gr-pana2.jpggr-pana2.jpg gr-pana3.jpggr-pana3.jpg gr-pana4.jpggr-pana4.jpg

#1671 10 years ago

Compliments altan!
    Definitly a room i would love to hang out in, great games

#1672 10 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

I borrowed a more modern camera that supports panorama mode and got pretty impressive results with little effort. I intentionally took the previous picture in a darkened setting, but these shots were with normal lighting.
    I don't know what Pinside does to "wide and not very tall" images. Hopefully you can click on the actual image to see the reasonable sized one I've uploaded. They should be around 3000 pixels wide.
    (alright, apparently Pinside shows them small and also reduces the size of the images I uploaded. You can see larger ones @ http://www.aaarpinball.com/GameRoom/GameRoom.htm )

A metallica would look nice in that room

#1673 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

Twice as many people at the pinball parties too.

Ive seen some of your Youtube clips altan,nicely done!

#1674 10 years ago

Thor, chalk, thanks guys!

Pinballgeek, there are several pins that would look nice in here!

I'm really happy with the lineup. Maybe the SuperGT would be the next to go, but I don't have anything lined up to replace it. Maybe a shooter.

#1675 10 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

Thor, chalk, thanks guys!
    Pinballgeek, there are several pins that would look nice in here!
    I'm really happy with the lineup. Maybe the SuperGT would be the next to go, but I don't have anything lined up to replace it. Maybe a shooter.

True any machine or arcade cab would look amazing in that room

#1676 10 years ago

Just had my basement finish project completed. Dont have a dedicated gameroom (I like think most of the basement is a game/rec room) but the kids playroom does have plenty of dedicated circuits to accomodate lots of pins. Obviously the centerpiece is the bar. There is also a mame machine and cruisin exotica (not really pictured). There is also a countertop itouch game and an in wall jukebox with dedicated in wall speakers. Only one pin for now but as you can see there is a open slot for a buddy.

4.JPG4.JPG 5.JPG5.JPG 9.JPG9.JPG

#1677 10 years ago

more pics

2.JPG2.JPG 6.JPG6.JPG 3.JPG3.JPG

#1678 10 years ago

Good Lord that is nice! Very classy looking!

Chris

#1679 10 years ago

Just put my IM in

#1680 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Good Lord that is nice! Very classy looking!
    Chris

Thanks Silver. We are pretty happy with the way it turned out. No more projects for awhile....this one drained us pretty good. I was especially happy that it was finished just in time for football season

#1681 10 years ago

Flake you had a nice bar @ the last house but damn this one is reeeeally nice!

Look'n good dude

The other Chris

#1683 10 years ago

great lineup of pins there altan! i'm really digging the cades... I spy marble madness, asteroids deluxe, and star wars too. love those ataris

Quoted from altan:

#1684 10 years ago

Here are 5 of my pins, including my new Tron Legacy Pro and Star Wars Data East.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1685 10 years ago

OMG, that's an upside down picture.....someone correct it, please...

#1686 10 years ago

Dbaum88's game room, right-side up!

.jpg.jpg

#1687 10 years ago

I love that lineup of pins OTTO. Weird....I've owned Cyclone, DESW, and DM. I want them all back!

#1688 10 years ago

I love that lineup of pins OTTO. Weird....I've owned Cyclone, DESW, and DM. I want them all back!

Not my line-up! Just fixing the orientation of the pic posted above by Dbaum88.

I think I may have posted these already, but here's my line-up(s) ...

20130118_100552.jpg20130118_100552.jpg 20130118_100502.jpg20130118_100502.jpg

#1689 10 years ago

Thanks for fixing Otto.

Thanks Flake - I'm loving the lineup right now. Gonna buy the updated rom for SWDE. Do you have it?

#1690 10 years ago

Here is just a shot of the pins. I still have to complete a few things before i post some more.

20130904_142215_13-16-15.jpg20130904_142215_13-16-15.jpg

#1691 10 years ago

My basement - The pins are pretty much my walls creating a little walkway from the stairs to the backdoor, lol... My GF thought I couldn't fit anymore down there after 5 pins... HA! I managed to puzzle in 7!

20130505_215656.jpg20130505_215656.jpg

#1692 10 years ago

Nice bar stools, mind if I ask where you purchased them?

#1693 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Thanks for fixing Otto.
    Gonna buy the updated rom for SWDE. Do you have it?

Nah...sorry I sold mine right after they came out and didnt even know they existed until after the sale was finalized. Thats ok, the sale helped me fund TSPP.

#1694 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Nice bar stools, mind if I ask where you purchased them?

Rothman Furniture.

Oh...and F the Packers. They're going down hard on Sunday. Go Niners!

#1695 10 years ago
    Quoted from Flake49:

Rothman Furniture.

Thanks. Is it possible to give a simultaneous thumbs up and thumbs down?

#1696 10 years ago
    Quoted from Flake49:

Rothman Furniture.

I'm always love when bears fans try to beat up on the Packers.

Notice he never said GO bears!!!! because he knows that's pointless.

chris

#1697 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

I'm always love when bears fans try to beat up on the Packers.
    Notice he never said GO bears!!!! because he knows that's pointless.

chris

Huh? Who is a Bears fan?

#1698 10 years ago
    Quoted from Galdaien:

My basement - The pins are pretty much my walls creating a little walkway from the stairs to the backdoor, lol... My GF thought I couldn't fit anymore down there after 5 pins... HA! I managed to puzzle in 7!

...AND a Candy Cab.

#1699 10 years ago
    Quoted from Flake49:

Huh? Who is a Bears fan?

Oh yeah your way south. Rams fan? Thats tough as well. Kind of like being a KC Chiefs fan right now.

He runs audio for the Chiefs and said at the end of last year the place was empty on game day. He said it was really kind of sad.

chris

#1700 10 years ago
    Quoted from Galdaien:

The pins are pretty much my walls creating a little walkway from the stairs to the backdoor

Hopefully that backdoor is a walkout basement, it would be quite tough getting pins down that spiraling staircase

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.