Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 477.
    #16751 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

That is one technique to fit pins in a tight space - haven't seen that before!

Yupp thats what i did. Was either put my favorite games where i know its dry or in the shed where they could get moisture damage wood & moisture are not good friends! I did have a teachers pet where HH is now but i took that down to put HH. All leg casters are on locking wheels makes for easy moving too

#16752 3 years ago

Today is my 10th anniversary of the first pin I ever bought, a NIB IM. I did a vid over the weekend to show where I'm at right now, especially since our viewers tend to like these videos. Happy to share here and looking forward to many more decades of collecting:

#16753 3 years ago
    Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Today is my 10th anniversary of the first pin I ever bought, a NIB IM. I did a vid over the weekend to show where I'm at right now, especially since our viewers tend to like these videos. Happy to share here and looking forward to many more decades of collecting:

I’m in Muskoka and with three kids zooming all day my wifi is precious so I won’t get to enjoy your video until I get back home. Where do you buy your NIB pins from?

#16754 3 years ago

My wife bought me this for my birthday this year and yeah I know you purist don't approve lol. Anyway it's an 8-1 and has the game digdug on it and I had forgotten how simple yet fun that game was! I've played 2-300 games of it and it still makes me chuckle at some point in every game. Oh and by the way I suck at it but it's entertaining as hell. Anyone else have one of these or another version?

20201204_143459[449] (resized).jpg20201204_143459[449] (resized).jpg20201204_143504[450] (resized).jpg20201204_143504[450] (resized).jpg
    #16755 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

My wife bought me this for my birthday this year and yeah I know you purist don't approve lol. Anyway it's an 8-1 and has the game digdug on it and I had forgotten how simple yet fun that game was! I've played 2-300 games of it and it still makes me chuckle at some point in every game. Oh and by the way I suck at it but it's entertaining as hell. Anyone else have one of these or another version?
    [quoted image][quoted image]

As long as YOU like it who cares! Thats what I love about this hobby. We all have weird things we like and can put whatever we want in our game rooms. I have a mame arcade and my son has a modded 1up. With the space we have we couldnt add more cabs if we wanted to.

#16756 3 years ago
    Quoted from Timfenske11:

We all have weird things we like and can put whatever we want in

Too right, some people like gerbils in ........

#16757 3 years ago

I got something similar for Xmas
    Local guy makes them
    This one plays 60 games in 1
    Nice little countercade

5F3C66F0-7AF0-42F1-9463-ADDA9A99B159 (resized).jpeg5F3C66F0-7AF0-42F1-9463-ADDA9A99B159 (resized).jpeg
    #16758 3 years ago

I have all the old ones I like set up in MAME. Still working on the controller situation, the wireless Xbox 360 controller only works OK with some of them.

lb 2020-04 arcade (resized).jpglb 2020-04 arcade (resized).jpg

#16759 3 years ago

I have a 600 odd game standup thingo, it only gets turned on when kids are here.

#16760 3 years ago

600 games seems like a lot. I have about 12,000 games at my disposal, but my MAME cab only has about 150 on it. Even that feels like too much at times. When selecting a game it becomes paralysis by analysis - just too many choices. I think about 100 is really the sweet spot.

#16761 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

600 games seems like a lot. I have about 12,000 games at my disposal, but my MAME cab only has about 150 on it. Even that feels like too much at times. When selecting a game it becomes paralysis by analysis - just too many choices. I think about 100 is really the sweet spot.

I have ~400 'favorites' setup on mine. One of my favorite experiences was flipping through all the different arcade games, 2600 carts, etc. Mind you, 95% are terrible games you'll never want to see or play them again, but finding that fun, unknown, great game was a blast.

#16762 3 years ago

Doesn't bother me, i don't use it. the kids have lists of their fav's and only play 3 or 4 games.

Some adults who remember the arcade days seem to play quite a few of them sometimes.

It honestly wouldn't be used more than once every few months.

Couldn't find a pic of it, so here;

shadow1 (resized).jpgshadow1 (resized).jpg

#16763 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Where do you buy your NIB pins from?

Over the years I've purchased from: Cointaker, JJP directly, Mike Pupo (Flipper Fidelity), and through the IFPA program.

#16764 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

I have ~400 'favorites' setup on mine. One of my favorite experiences was flipping through all the different arcade games, 2600 carts, etc. Mind you, 95% are terrible games you'll never want to see or play them again, but finding that fun, unknown, great game was a blast.

Curious to know what unknown great games you have found. Mine has 8000+ and when I first got it I was thinking I would play every game to find great games I had never played ... I never made it through 'A'. Lol

#16765 3 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

Curious to know what unknown great games you have found. Mine has 8000+ and when I first got it I was thinking I would play every game to find great games I had never played ... I never made it through 'A'. Lol

The kids here like Metal slug and all it's variants. it's a cooperation game, so that suits them and it's version 4 or 5 when they die they sound like they are saying 'ffffuuuuuuucccckkk' so they like that.

Simpsons is popular too.

#16766 3 years ago

Man I currently have a set up with over 28,000 games across 40 or 50 different platforms. You are very correct regarding selection paralysis.

Many old arcade games I can't even stand to play more than a few minutes these days.

#16767 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Man I currently have a set up with over 28,000 games across 40 or 50 different platforms. You are very correct regarding selection paralysis.
    Many old arcade games I can't even stand to play more than a few minutes these days.

This is why I go for curated lists for different platforms. Just a smaller number of my favorites or the most highly ranked ones. That's more than enough to keep me entertained. In theory, all the other thousands of games could be available to pull from if needed, if they were all conveniently stored on a hard drive.

#16768 3 years ago

Not a game room...yet

16100581099411583592761 (resized).jpg16100581099411583592761 (resized).jpg
    #16769 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikecav:

We bought a new house and are in the middle of a complete reno/addition. We've been renting for the past 2 years and all of my games are out on loan to friends at the moment.
    Part of the deal with the new house was that under the new family room area I'd get a basement with 9 foot ceilings. This is as of today.. to be my game room in just a few months...
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

See above for where I started... this project was moved up in priority due to the pandemic and me working from home. My arcade/office space is almost done, just need to decorate the walls (and add some more pins)...

The contractors did most of the work, but I finished the floors, built the shelves, did some of the metal work, finished the stairs, and built the hockey stick tops... I considered trying to black out the ceiling myself, but decided against and thank goodness I did after I saw the effort that went into that!

IMG_8254.JPGIMG_8254.JPGIMG_8255.JPGIMG_8255.JPGIMG_8256.JPGIMG_8256.JPGIMG_8257.JPGIMG_8257.JPGIMG_8258.JPGIMG_8258.JPGIMG_8259.JPGIMG_8259.JPGIMG_8260.JPGIMG_8260.JPGIMG_8261.JPGIMG_8261.JPGIMG_8262.JPGIMG_8262.JPGIMG_8263.JPGIMG_8263.JPGIMG_8264.JPGIMG_8264.JPG
    #16770 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikecav:

See above for where I started... this project was moved up in priority due to the pandemic and me working from home. My arcade/office space is almost done, just need to decorate the walls (and add some more pins)...
    The contractors did most of the work, but I finished the floors, built the shelves, did some of the metal work, finished the stairs, and built the hockey stick tops... I considered trying to black out the ceiling myself, but decided against and thank goodness I did after I saw the effort that went into that![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hockey sticks top, beer on tap, full size Donkey Kong and Mrs Pac-Man! I dig that!

#16771 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Hockey sticks top, beer on tap, full size Donkey Kong and Mrs Pac-Man! I dig that!

And indoor shooting range!

#16772 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I can only use my Gamo .177 on mine, it's 18 meters though. I have neighbours. Could probs do .22 with my 'flash arrestor )' if I built a good stop.

#16773 3 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Not a game room...yet
    [quoted image]

It only takes one pin to make it a game room...

#16774 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikecav:

The contractors did most of the work, but I finished the floors, built the shelves, did some of the metal work, finished the stairs, and built the hockey stick tops... I considered trying to black out the ceiling myself, but decided against and thank goodness I did after I saw the effort that went into that![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice tap list! And game room

#16775 3 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

There are lots of 'great, less popular' game lists on the internet. It depends on your controls and taste in games. But here is a short list of less 'famous' games I found:

Rescue (2 joysticks, 1 button)
    Minefield (2 joysticks, 1 button)
    Motorace
    Trog
    Juno First
    Avalanche
    Uo Poko
    Timber
    Mad Planets (Tron controls - spinner, joystick+button)
    Zoo Keeper
    Konami Ping Pong

On Atari 2600, some of the recent homebrew games blew me away. For OG carts, Tron Adventure was a nice surprise.

#16776 3 years ago

Finally took some more pics. Still work in progress asni have lots of decor to still hang. Probably add 1 or 2 pins and be done.

20210107_192358 (resized).jpg20210107_192358 (resized).jpg20210107_192452 (resized).jpg20210107_192452 (resized).jpg20210107_192503 (resized).jpg20210107_192503 (resized).jpg20210107_192612 (resized).jpg20210107_192612 (resized).jpg
    #16777 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

There are lots of 'great, less popular' game lists on the internet. It depends on your controls and taste in games. But here is a short list of less 'famous' games I found:
    Rescue (2 joysticks, 1 button)
    Minefield (2 joysticks, 1 button)
    Motorace
    Trog
    Juno First
    Avalanche
    Uo Poko
    Timber
    Mad Planets (Tron controls - spinner, joystick+button)
    Zoo Keeper
    Konami Ping Pong
    On Atari 2600, some of the recent homebrew games blew me away. For OG carts, Tron Adventure was a nice surprise.

I have only tried Zoo keeper and Trog- great games! I need to try the others this weekend.

Here are some that I enjoy:
    Burning Force
    Cameltry
    Chicken Shift
    Caveman Ninja
    Combat School
    Clash Road
    Progear
    Recordbreaker
    Secret Agent
    Shock Trooper

#16778 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

LOL I've been asked by the wife not to fire the guns in the house...

#16779 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Thanks! What goes together better than hockey and beer?? Just can't wait to the pandemic is over so I can get back to the rink to drink those beers with the boys after a game!

#16780 3 years ago

mikecav Talk to me about the beer selection on the TV and then your keg-o-rator setup.

Hockey is sorely missed right now!

#16781 3 years ago
    20210108_081459 (resized).jpg20210108_081459 (resized).jpg
    #16782 3 years ago

I decided to go with https://astrocarpetmills.com/recolor_carpet/465/ for our arcade/theater lobby and home theater carpet (thanks for the recommendations!) Minimum order was 600 square feet, which worked perfectly for me. I got the UV lights installed this week, now I just need to find an installer and get the carpet ordered.

For those who have had patterned carpet installed, I'm curious if you had it direct glued to the sub-floor, or if you used padding? The person I spoke with at Astro suggested that no padding should be used. I'm also curious about how how y'all went about finding a qualified installer. My understanding is that these types of carpets can be tricky (due to the patterns), and I want it done right.

Thanks!

#16783 3 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyFL:

My understanding is that these types of carpets can be tricky (due to the patterns), and I want it done right.

They are only tricky if they have to cut and then it's no different than hanging patterned wall paper, you must make additional cuts in order to retain the pattern and basically adds to the waste.

#16784 3 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyFL:

I decided to go with https://astrocarpetmills.com/recolor_carpet/465/ for our arcade/theater lobby and home theater carpet (thanks for the recommendations!) Minimum order was 600 square feet, which worked perfectly for me. I got the UV lights installed this week, now I just need to find an installer and get the carpet ordered.
    For those who have had patterned carpet installed, I'm curious if you had it direct glued to the sub-floor, or if you used padding? The person I spoke with at Astro suggested that no padding should be used. I'm also curious about how how y'all went about finding a qualified installer. My understanding is that these types of carpets can be tricky (due to the patterns), and I want it done right.
    Thanks!

Mine is in a converted concrete floor storage room in my basement. I just put some padding down and unrolled the carpet.

#16785 3 years ago
    Quoted from CanadianPinball:

mikecav Talk to me about the beer selection on the TV and then your keg-o-rator setup.
    Hockey is sorely missed right now!

CanadianPinball the beer list on the tv is run though taplist.io. It's mostly set up for kegs, and I believe its used commercially, but there is a $39 a year home subscription that works for me.

I only have a small two tap kegerator, but I have a decent amount of cans on hand right now... so I was able to mess around with it and load can and bottle images in place of the keg images. You can check out what I currently have on tap (sixtels of Sloop Juice Bomb and Kane Head High) and in can/bottle at https://taplist.io/mikecav.

There is a Amazon Firestick app that plays to my tv and scrolls through my beer. It's easy to update in real time via the web, you can add whatever beer you have with little effort. Unnecessary but very cool I think...

Hockey is missed... I'm "growing out of" my hockey gear with all this pandemic sitting around... at least we are back with the NHL next week... Let's go Rangers!!

#16786 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikecav:

canadianpinball the beer list on the tv is run though taplist.io. It's mostly set up for kegs, and I believe its used commercially, but there is a $39 a year home subscription that works for me.
    I only have a small two tap kegerator, but I have a decent amount of cans on hand right now... so I was able to mess around with it and load can and bottle images in place of the keg images. You can check out what I currently have on tap (sixtels of Sloop Juice Bomb and Kane Head High) and in can/bottle at https://taplist.io/mikecav.
    There is a Amazon Firestick app that plays to my tv and scrolls through my beer. It's easy to update in real time via the web, you can add whatever beer you have with little effort. Unnecessary but very cool I think...
    Hockey is missed... I'm "growing out of" my hockey gear with all this pandemic sitting around... at least we are back with the NHL next week... Let's go Rangers!!

Awesome, thanks. Let's go Canadiens!

#16787 3 years ago
    Quoted from CanadianPinball:

Awesome, thanks. Let's go Canadiens!

Absolutely! Go Habs Go! (sorry, out of topic!)
    habs_fans (resized).jpghabs_fans (resized).jpg

#16788 3 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyFL:

Thanks!

Mine is on a basement concrete floor. We glued down a carpet pad and had the carpet installed with tack strips. It's a commercial grade carpet that doesn't stretch like most residential carpets but it still worked with the pad. I'm happy with the results.

#16789 3 years ago

Wall-be-gone...

1610226276250808910707 (resized).jpg1610226276250808910707 (resized).jpg
    #16790 3 years ago

So long as you don't make it ceiling be gone by rubbing too much wall be gone on.

#16791 3 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyFL:

Thanks!

Here's an old pic of our carpet. It was custom made for a local movie theater and we were lucky enough to have a hook up with them. It's about 25 years old and still looks the same.

It's commercial carpet glued directly to the concrete. No pad. That's the only way they would install it. They would also only allow their installers to do the install.

The only issue you could have with ordering carpet with a pattern is knowing where the seams will be and ordering enough to deal with those seams.

I would suggest finding a carpet installer and have them look at what you want and get advice from them. Do NOT just order what you think you'll need.

If you have a larger flooring store near you, check with them for an installer. Even though you aren't buying carpet from them, they may give you a name or two.

287378031_ZNCrW-L (resized).jpg287378031_ZNCrW-L (resized).jpg
    #16792 3 years ago

IMG_0494 (resized).jpgIMG_0494 (resized).jpgIMG_0494 (resized).jpgIMG_0494 (resized).jpgIMG_0494 (resized).jpgIMG_0494 (resized).jpgIt's just the start of my game room. I have a Star Wars premium and an original Chicago Ms Pac Man coming next week. I also have a Munsters I want as well as POTC. I have Spiderman 2016 version and Avatar on my list also. I just need to find more room. I'm using an office room which used to be a master bedroom before the extension was added. I told the wife we can convert the living room. She told me to GTH. I do have a man cave I think I will convert but It's nice having that for family that visits. I can ship them in there and close the door after long days of arguing. Somehow I'll figure it out. The popcorn machine is new but it's in the man cave now and not with the pins. The little space invaders was something I picked up for $150 and it's nice for my daughter because its small for her size.
    IMG_0493 (resized).jpgIMG_0493 (resized).jpgIMG_0492 (resized).jpgIMG_0492 (resized).jpg

#16793 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jstampa:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]It's just the start of my game room. I have a Star Wars premium and an original Chicago Ms Pac Man coming next week. I also have a Munsters I want as well as POTC. I have Spiderman 2016 version and Avatar on my list also. I just need to find more room. I'm using an office room which used to be a master bedroom before the extension was added. I told the wife we can convert the living room. She told me to GTH. I do have a man cave I think I will convert but It's nice having that for family that visits. I can ship them in there and close the door after long days of arguing. Somehow I'll figure it out. The popcorn machine is new but it's in the man cave now and not with the pins. The little space invaders was something I picked up for $150 and it's nice for my daughter because its small for her size.

Great start. Three nice machines and it sounds like you’ve got more coming. Congratulations!

#16794 3 years ago

good evening all..here are the first photos of our new arcade..we moved here from out of state.were about 45% finished..much more paneling,trim work,neon lights and more neat artworks..no electric panels or service to shop when we started ..this is what my son and i have finished since october 15 when we got service turned on.building is 40x50 but we took part of building for projects and storage..we installed a mini split for hear and ac..i will post finished shop photos in late may when finished and all lights turned on and spinning!

003 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG007 (resized).JPG007 (resized).JPG009 (resized).JPG009 (resized).JPG010 (resized).JPG010 (resized).JPG012 (resized).JPG012 (resized).JPG013 (resized).JPG013 (resized).JPG015 (resized).JPG015 (resized).JPG016 (resized).JPG016 (resized).JPG019 (resized).JPG019 (resized).JPG021 (resized).JPG021 (resized).JPG022 (resized).JPG022 (resized).JPG027 (resized).JPG027 (resized).JPG028 (resized).JPG028 (resized).JPG034 (resized).JPG034 (resized).JPG
    #16795 3 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Wall-be-gone...
    [quoted image]

Getting there. By the looks of those floor joist ends are there water/flood issues? Slow go but you'll get there.

#16796 3 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

good evening all..here are the first photos of our new arcade..we moved here from out of state.were about 45% finished..much more paneling,trim work,neon lights and more neat artworks..no electric panels or service to shop when we started ..this is what my son and i have finished since october 15 when we got service turned on.building is 40x50 but we took part of building for projects and storage..we installed a mini split for hear and ac..i will post finished shop photos in late may when finished and all lights turned on and spinning!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the jukes! Three Rockolas (1484/1494(?), 1452 and 437) and a Seeburg 220 in there? Are all the 3W1 wallboxes wired up?

#16797 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Love the jukes! Three Rockolas (1484/1494(?), 1452 and 437) and a Seeburg 220 in there? Are all the 3W1 wallboxes wired up?

so far 3 wallboxes are hooked up and ready..plan is to have 6..i ran the wires thru the walls when putting u the drywall..there is also a rockola 430 wall mount unit mounted in center of shop..

#16798 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

By the looks of those floor joist ends are there water/flood issues?

Just a bit...

P8280574 (resized).JPGP8280574 (resized).JPG

Picture is from about 10 years ago. I checked one part of that wall and it had no insulation. Turns out it had just compressed downward. Probably been flooded 5 times before the "big one". Did spray foam in the rest of the house. Will do that one the new walls also. Should be a fun project.

#16799 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jstampa:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]It's just the start of my game room. I have a Star Wars premium and an original Chicago Ms Pac Man coming next week. I also have a Munsters I want as well as POTC. I have Spiderman 2016 version and Avatar on my list also. I just need to find more room. I'm using an office room which used to be a master bedroom before the extension was added. I told the wife we can convert the living room. She told me to GTH. I do have a man cave I think I will convert but It's nice having that for family that visits. I can ship them in there and close the door after long days of arguing. Somehow I'll figure it out. The popcorn machine is new but it's in the man cave now and not with the pins. The little space invaders was something I picked up for $150 and it's nice for my daughter because its small for her size.

MARVELous collection!

#16800 3 years ago

Nice to finally have a stern back in the game room been outta the hobby for a few years now

5AD47BEB-8A1A-4051-9375-A56C5EB35117 (resized).jpeg5AD47BEB-8A1A-4051-9375-A56C5EB35117 (resized).jpeg79292E4E-6BCA-4DF7-8195-48C590E5CFE4 (resized).jpeg79292E4E-6BCA-4DF7-8195-48C590E5CFE4 (resized).jpegFBCA38DE-8EB9-41CF-B134-4F9F89C6AA58 (resized).jpegFBCA38DE-8EB9-41CF-B134-4F9F89C6AA58 (resized).jpeg

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/336?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.