Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 477.
    #16601 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well said. I have no complaints about any of the manufacturers - it occurs to me we have at least one from all the current manufacturers (of course I have 3 B/W games!) in the bolted-to-the-floor lineup, including AP and Multimorphic. All are sticking around

I'm the same, B/W are the total best, but the modern machines are all great if you pick the right titles.

9 Bally/Williams here
    4 Stern
    1 CGC (which is really a B/W)
    2 Spooky
    2 JJP once GnR comes
    1 AP
    2 Gottlieb (1 will go at least, may keep the EM)
    1 Hankin that will stay forever

#16602 3 years ago

Life is good.

Resized_20201211_134426 (resized).jpegResized_20201211_134426 (resized).jpegResized_20201211_140632 (resized).jpegResized_20201211_140632 (resized).jpeg
    #16603 3 years ago

Seeing these posts with major basement overhauls makes me think that my project is a whole lot more sane, with foundation underpinning and adding 2500 square feet of 10' basement.

#16604 3 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Seeing these posts with major basement overhauls makes me think that my project is a whole lot more sane, with foundation underpinning and adding 2500 square feet of 10' basement.

Do you have any updates on this project? I remember you posting floor plans a few months ago. Would love to see some pics ...

#16605 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Do you have any updates on this project? I remember you posting floor plans a few months ago. Would love to see some pics ...

There shouldn't be anything until spring. Still going back and forth with the architect.

#16606 3 years ago

Updated video.

Chris

#16607 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Those doors are AMAZING. Where did you find those?

We got them at a Bobby McGees auction about 30 years ago. They are solid Walnut and all glass is beveled. They said they came out of an old Bar in New York. Pretty much, one of a kind.

#16608 3 years ago

Is anyone continuously receiving ads on random webpages from The Pinball Company for a Hurricane Simulator?

At $13,000, I rather stick my head out the window while driving down the freeway at 75 mph for free.

HurricaneSimulator (resized).JPGHurricaneSimulator (resized).JPG
    #16609 3 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Is anyone continuously receiving ads on random webpages from The Pinball Company for a Hurricane Simulator?
    At $13,000, I rather stick my head out the window while driving down the freeway at 75 mph for free.
    [quoted image]

I’ll sell you a high powered fan and a garden hose for half that amount.

#16610 3 years ago

I finally get to post a picture of my (almost) finished room! Here’s the pinball side, and the Chexx/arcade side. I haven’t brought in the arcade games yet...there will be 6 of those along the long wall.
    Proud to say I finished this room myself.

49D36BC5-395D-41E0-ABCC-A166C27614C8 (resized).jpeg49D36BC5-395D-41E0-ABCC-A166C27614C8 (resized).jpegC778A399-0547-4117-BED1-DB16671E3E54 (resized).jpegC778A399-0547-4117-BED1-DB16671E3E54 (resized).jpeg
    #16611 3 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

[quoted image]

You could just move here, feels like the winds been blowing for a month straight grrr.

#16612 3 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

I finally get to post a picture of my (almost) finished room! Here’s the pinball side, and the Chexx/arcade side. I haven’t brought in the arcade games yet...there will be 6 of those along the long wall.
    Proud to say I finished this room myself.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice color scheme.
    On a side note, why are the power outlets so high up on the wall? Is that a US regulation thing?
    Here in Sweden they are usually mounted directly over the floor.

#16613 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bundy:

Very nice color scheme.
    On a side note, why are the power outlets so high up on the wall? Is that a US regulation thing?

Every house in the USA has the outlets mounted at about this height.

#16614 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I see, thank you for the clarification.
    In a basement with risk of flooding I can see the point, otherwise not.

#16615 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Mine are slightly higher than normal. They’re at 16” (~40cm) to bottom. I put them at that height because that’s where they are in the rest of the house. There’s no code on height for outlets in the US, but 12” (30cm) to bottom is pretty normal. Not sure why my house has them higher. It was built in 2005.

#16616 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bundy:

Very nice color scheme.

My home is a mid-70's split-level with additions, and they are installed lower than his pic. When I did my game room conversion, I requested my outlets be an extra foot higher due to 1). not wanting to see low hanging cords dripping onto the floor from games to the outlets, and 2). in the unforeseen threat of any flooding. I also asked multiple outlets be installed about 2 ft. down from ceilings for any neon signs, etc. (smartest request of all in hindsight).

The electricians were more baffled why I wanted a separate 20-amp line in every wall for the low outlets. "You're obviously not a pinhead."

#16617 3 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

I also asked multiple outlets be installed about 2 ft. down from ceilings for any neon signs, etc. (smartest request of all in hindsight.)
    The electricians were more baffled why I wanted a separate 20-amp line in every wall for the low outlets. "You're obviously not a pinhead."

I installed one outlet just below the ceiling that you can see in my pinball wall.
    I did the same thing with 4 separate 20a lines. I should never have more than 6 pins on a breaker no matter how I arrange my room. I don’t see any reason not to do that if building a room as it really wasn’t much more work.

#16618 3 years ago

MMR with updates
    DSCF0004 (resized).JPGDSCF0004 (resized).JPGDSCF0006 (resized).JPGDSCF0006 (resized).JPG

DSCF0005 (resized).JPGDSCF0005 (resized).JPG
    #16619 3 years ago

CHECK MATE! I finally got this to work!

In a nutshell, three special chess pieces need to be on certain spots on the board to automatically open the door. (check mate is optional) I thought it would be a cool way to get to my pins. I guess I watched too much Scooby Doo growing up!

Merry Xmas!

#16620 3 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

In a nutshell, three special chess pieces need to be on certain spots on the board to automatically open the door. (check mate is optional) I thought it would be a cool way to get to my pins. I guess I watched too much Scooby Doo growing up!
    Merry Xmas!

Knights bishop to queen 5. Enter!

#16621 3 years ago

In a nutshell, three special chess pieces need to be on certain spots on the board to automatically open the door.

Nice! I was thinking of doing something similar, but am worried about the items on the shelves. Do you have them attached? I noticed they are small and light, is that on purpose too to keep weight off the hinges? Thanks for sharing!

#16622 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Nice! I was thinking of doing something similar, but am worried about the items on the shelves. Do you have them attached? I noticed they are small and light, is that on purpose too to keep weight off the hinges? Thanks for sharing!

I don't have the items attached yet. They move around a little bit right now. I thought about using ticky tack putty to keep things in place if I needed to though. I am still trying to figure out what I want to place on it. It's a lot of shelving. I needed the opening to be wide enough to move pins through it.

In terms of weight, it was designed to hold 100 pounds of stuff on the shelves.

There is a spring that I can tweak to adjust how quickly the door opens depending on how much weight is placed on it. I keep it a little slower to 1) not have stuff fly off the shelves 2) I don't want to surprise anyone standing next to it and scaring/hitting them.

#16623 3 years ago

Merry Xmas!

Now that is the Queens Gambit!

#16624 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballocd:

Now that is the Queens Gambit!

Thanks! Excellent miniseries.

#16625 3 years ago

I don't have the items attached yet. They move around a little bit right now. I thought about using ticky tack putty to keep things in place if I needed to though. I am still trying to figure out what I want to place on it. It's a lot of shelving. I needed the opening to be wide enough to move pins through it.
    In terms of weight, it was designed to hold 100 pounds of stuff on the shelves.
    There is a spring that I can tweak to adjust how quickly the door opens depending on how much weight is placed on it. I keep it a little slower to 1) not have stuff fly off the shelves 2) I don't want to surprise anyone standing next to it and scaring/hitting them.

Use Museum Wax - will keep stuff in place firmly but is non-toxic, doesn’t slime up your stuff, and is reusable.

Very curious about the chess game. RFID tags in the pieces I assume? What’s the logic controller ?

#16626 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Use Museum Wax - will keep stuff in place firmly but is non-toxic, doesn’t slime up your stuff, and is reusable.

Ok, never heard of Museum Wax before, so had to look that up. Good choice for wood shelves. For glass shelves, apparently go with the gel kind. Quakehold makes them both. I will be trying both of these out ....

https://www.amazon.com/Quakehold-66111-Museum-Ounce-Clear/dp/B000FJU29U

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Very curious about the chess game. RFID tags in the pieces I assume? What’s the logic controller ?

I assumed something like these magnetic contact switches that are used in home security

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Recessed-Window-Contact-Magnetic/dp/B07F5WQBCM/ref=sr_1_15

So curious as well to how it works...

#16627 3 years ago

That is pretty darn cool!

#16628 3 years ago
    19681B93-9F91-4CB8-AA5A-7DCB159E7E64 (resized).jpeg19681B93-9F91-4CB8-AA5A-7DCB159E7E64 (resized).jpeg
    #16629 3 years ago

Some pics of our private showroom in Rancho Cordova. Still a work in progress but hopefully be able to open up for private events soon. B3C777BD-53E1-4B92-9D35-2E8E66D36A6C (resized).jpegB3C777BD-53E1-4B92-9D35-2E8E66D36A6C (resized).jpegA4DDC856-D208-4610-BA99-D16424A7B6D6 (resized).jpegA4DDC856-D208-4610-BA99-D16424A7B6D6 (resized).jpegA166F26A-0042-4FDD-BCE8-AE10E6F5888A (resized).jpegA166F26A-0042-4FDD-BCE8-AE10E6F5888A (resized).jpeg8E4151B2-6A02-4DDC-AC28-4295920A2513 (resized).jpeg8E4151B2-6A02-4DDC-AC28-4295920A2513 (resized).jpeg8512FA1C-D6F0-4C4E-8C3C-EAFA9F09A4D4 (resized).jpeg8512FA1C-D6F0-4C4E-8C3C-EAFA9F09A4D4 (resized).jpeg40B8A92D-F5CF-4D7E-A358-173D5B51283A (resized).jpeg40B8A92D-F5CF-4D7E-A358-173D5B51283A (resized).jpeg

#16630 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Ok, never heard of Museum Wax before, so had to look that up. Good choice for wood shelves. For glass shelves, apparently go with the gel kind. Quakehold makes them both. I will be trying both of these out ....
    amazon.com link »

I assumed something like these magnetic contact switches that are used in home security
    amazon.com link »
    So curious as well to how it works...

My mistake, thought it was wood

Museum Wax does not stick to certain types of plastic very well either (the material has to be somewhat porous I believe). The gel works too but is harder to reuse/reposition. Looking forward to what’s next!

#16631 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

My mistake, thought it was wood

I think you are right, they are wood - just pointing out the limitation (and I have glass shelves, so I will have to try the other stuff) Both look like a good idea!

#16632 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks for the heads up on using Museum Wax. Never heard of that before.

ReadyPO - you are correct. They are magnetic contact switches. Basically drilled and placed small magnets into the chess piece and put the switch under the chess board. When all three switches are engaged, the signal is sent to release the magnet that is holding the door shut.

#16633 3 years ago

Double post. Oops!

#16634 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on using Museum Wax. Never heard of that before.
    ReadyPO - you are correct. They are magnetic contact switches. Basically drilled and placed small magnets into the chess piece and put the switch under the chess board. When all three switches are engaged, the signal is sent to release the magnet that is holding the door shut.

very cool! we are going for a escape room vibe in our (eventual...) game room.. can't wait to do something like this!

#16635 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

very cool! we are going for a escape room vibe in our (eventual...) game room.. can't wait to do something like this!

I can't wait to see what you come up with. It's so fun.

#16636 3 years ago

ATTN: Buffalo

I moved to your glorious city last week.

I'm pleased to announce that I've finished unpacking all my shit and was able to set up the first edition of Lake Effect Laundromat™ this afternoon.

Let's hang when the pandemic finally gets its ass kicked OK?

xo

(Oh, and go Bills!)

nickel_A (resized).jpgnickel_A (resized).jpgNickel_G (resized).jpgNickel_G (resized).jpgnicekl_B (resized).jpgnicekl_B (resized).jpgnickel_C (resized).jpgnickel_C (resized).jpgNickel_D (resized).jpgNickel_D (resized).jpgNickel_E (resized).jpgNickel_E (resized).jpgNickel_F (resized).jpgNickel_F (resized).jpg

nickel_H (resized).jpgnickel_H (resized).jpg

#16637 3 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I'm pleased to announce that I've finished unpacking all my shit and was able to set up the first edition of Cloudy Laundromat™ this afternoon.
    xo
    (Oh, and go Bills!)
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Looks awesome and I see plenty of expansion ability for the future. Well done.

#16638 3 years ago

I'm pleased to announce that I've finished unpacking all my shit and was able to set up the first edition of Cloudy Laundromat™ this afternoon.
    xo
    (Oh, and go Bills!)
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Nice gameroom but I really like your Weltron turntable

#16639 3 years ago

xo
    (Oh, and go Bills!)
    [quoted image]

Talk about looking forward to laundry day!

#16640 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks awesome and I see plenty of expansion ability for the future. Well done.

Cheers! It's clean and warm but still kinda raw. Gonna live with it a while before I make any decisions about flooring etc... also contemplating turning that back half into a soundproof music room, which will make my wallet a bit safer

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Nice gameroom but I really like your Weltron turntable

You get serious brownie points for knowing about Weltron gear!

Quoted from sunnRAT:

Talk about looking forward to laundry day!

I used to live near Sunshine Laundromat. This is the best I can do at the moment haha.

#16641 3 years ago

Put some finishing touches on the blacklight room this weekend.

20201226_153215 (resized).jpg20201226_153215 (resized).jpg20201226_180701 (resized).jpg20201226_180701 (resized).jpg20201226_180716 (resized).jpg20201226_180716 (resized).jpg20201226_180732 (resized).jpg20201226_180732 (resized).jpg20201226_180748 (resized).jpg20201226_180748 (resized).jpg
    #16642 3 years ago

You get serious brownie points for knowing about Weltron gear!

I'd love to say I knew all about it but I'm just good at using google. I searched after seeing the pic and found out what it was in about 45 seconds. I am totally jealous. I need one.

#16643 3 years ago

I'm pleased to announce that I've finished unpacking all my shit and was able to set up the first edition of Lake Effect Laundromat™ this afternoon.
    xo
    (Oh, and go Bills!)
    [quoted image]

Well done! It's like Sunshine Laundromat part II!

Enjoy! And welcome to the east coast!

Chris

#16644 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Well done! It's like Sunshine Laundromat part II!
    Enjoy! And welcome to the east coast!
    Chris

He's further front the East coast now than he was

#16645 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

He's further front the East coast now than he was

oh whoops. I was thinking he was moving from the Midwest. Never mind then

Carry on!

Chris

#16646 3 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Put some finishing touches on the blacklight room this weekend.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That space invaders art is really cool. Did you make it?

#16647 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

That space invaders art is really cool. Did you make it?

My cousin did.

#16648 3 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

My cousin did.

He could prolly sell quite a few on etsy, nice work

#16649 3 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Put some finishing touches on the blacklight room this weekend.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the multicade from?

#16650 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

Yep... I did that too. Started in Mar 2018 and finished (the setup pics below) in Jan 2020. I should have just moved to a different house... Thankfully mine was finished just before the epidemic hit. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you tell me what you’re using for surround lighting?

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/333?hl=dewman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.