Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 477.
    #16451 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

If you have a partner that likes to shoot pool there's nothing like it. We go down and shoot for at least 2 hours day. Even before we had the table set-up, we'd shoot pool at the bar daily.

I love pool. Grew up with a nice table my dad bought from a bar. It’s so heavy when my parents sold their house the table had to stay. I played for hours most days in my teens. I would have to sell 8-10 pins to have enough room for one. Bummer!

#16452 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Right? After the wife went up after happy hour last night I put the Monday Night Football game on and shot by myself till after 10pm in between tearing down SF2. We talk about joining a league whenever this pandemic subsides. We did dart league for a few years in the early 2000s and it was fun.

Joining a pool league is one of the best experiences I have ever had. I went from "okay" to challenging every Chad in the bar for a drink and knowing I'd be able to drink for free all night. You meet some really great people and learn a ton if you pay attention and ask questions to those who are better than you. It's more like chess than anything else, and every game provides a new challenge. Like poker, it takes 5 minutes to learn and a lifetime to master.

Might have to go rejoin the league now...

Also, the Mosconi Cup starts a week from today!

#16453 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

Joining a pool league is one of the best experiences I have ever had. I went from "okay" to challenging every Chad in the bar for a drink and knowing I'd be able to drink for free all night. You meet some really great people and learn a ton if you pay attention and ask questions to those who are better than you. It's more like chess than anything else, and every game provides a new challenge. Like poker, it takes 5 minutes to learn and a lifetime to master.
    Might have to go rejoin the league now...
    Also, the Mosconi Cup starts a week from today!

Whenever we were at the bar some random guy would show up challenging drinks every now and then. At first I was like, no just a friendly game. But soon realized I could drink for free on these chumps. Lol. Before covid, I'd stumble home on the cheap regularly.

When I was in high school I hung out at a arcade owned by Asian mafia. They had a carom table and would invite me to play every now and then. I couldn't understand them but learned another cool billiards game. I tell my wife about a billiards game with no pockets and she thinks I'm lying. Ha

#16454 3 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Gotta wonder how much home renovation happens in the name of pinball

I'm working on a 2500 square foot addition in the name of pinball, with a thinly veiled first floor master.

#16455 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thanks. I picked it up from the lady at the end of my block for $5 at a yard sale years ago. I love major golf and especially The Masters. Was strange watching it in November but happy it happened at all this year. Your Clubhouse is awesome!

Right? After the wife went up after happy hour last night I put the Monday Night Football game on and shot by myself till after 10pm in between tearing down SF2. We talk about joining a league whenever this pandemic subsides. We did dart league for a few years in the early 2000s and it was fun.[quoted image]

I have been doing a custom colorization for my Tee’d Off pinball machine for about 3 years and had decided to make a custom animation for the plunge to hole in one scene. Originally I used #17 at TPC Sawgrass, but decided to make another option using #12 at Augusta. Sadly I just sold Tee’d Off to a friend to make room for Indiana Jones.

5CDEA33C-08FB-4AE1-A212-9235338989FD (resized).png5CDEA33C-08FB-4AE1-A212-9235338989FD (resized).png
    #16456 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Whenever we were at the bar some random guy would show up challenging drinks every now and then. At first I was like, no just a friendly game. But soon realized I could drink for free on these chumps. Lol. Before covid, I'd stumble home on the cheap regularly.
    When I was in high school I hung out at a arcade owned by Asian mafia. They had a carom table and would invite me to play every now and then. I couldn't understand them but learned another cool billiards game. I tell my wife about a billiards game with no pockets and she thinks I'm lying. Ha

I used to do this way back in the day. We also played for straight up money, throwing down dollar bills for 9-ball games. It always cracked me up how those cocky bar guys would challenge random people when they were really half-ass players. I played a lot as a kid and I was pretty good, although not at the higher level of the smooth shooters. I always could easily beat those drunks in the bars. Sometimes though I would lose on purpose because some of them looked a lot bigger and meaner than me and definitely gave off that aura that if you beat them, they would beat you, literally.

#16457 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

etimes though I would lose on purpose because some of them looked a lot bigger and meaner than me and definitely gave off that aura that if you beat them, they would beat you, literally.

That's one of the reasons I rarely challenged anyone to money games. Almost any man will pony up for a cheap beer if they lose and things remain friendly, though I have had a few just straight up leave and never come back. Even at $5/rack, the stakes feel a lot higher.

#16458 3 years ago

Check out our latest episode of JOBLO COLLECTOR'S CORNER which always features a cool section called "SHOW US YOUR SH*T" where folks with awesome gamerooms send us their videos and answer some questions for other mancave lovers out there. If you only wanna check out that section, go directly to the 8-minute mark. If you want your gameroom to appear in future episodes, just drop me a line! Thanks to all who have contributed so far.

#16459 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I used to do this way back in the day. We also played for straight up money, throwing down dollar bills for 9-ball games. It always cracked me up how those cocky bar guys would challenge random people when they were really half-ass players. I played a lot as a kid and I was pretty good, although not at the higher level of the smooth shooters. I always could easily beat those drunks in the bars. Sometimes though I would lose on purpose because some of them looked a lot bigger and meaner than me and definitely gave off that aura that if you beat them, they would beat you, literally.

I got hauled off in a KCMO paddy wagon over a pool game way back in the day. He got the stitches, I got the date with the judge. I just finished what they started. Such bullshit. That was the last fight I was in.....

#16460 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I got hauled off in a KCMO paddy wagon over a pool game way back in the day. He got the stitches, I got the date with the judge. I just finished what they started. Such bullshit. That was the last fight I was in.....

Did s/he put out?

#16461 3 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Works great. I have the same one. It just locks together and friction fits around the board. Darts stick into it like the dartboard. Highly recommend
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Have a link to that backing by chance?

#16462 3 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Did s/he put out?

He dismissed the case and I got my bail money back. No one showed up for the case. No cop. No “participants/witnesses/“victim”. So I suppose you can say I had a “happy ending”! Lol

The best part of it, was that the guy has a 3 inch scar on his forehead and one ruined, bloody shirt, from where I split him open. My sore ribs and the red marks on my head went away long ago. I got jumped by his buddy after that great first swing split him open. They pulled me into the corner and I had to dodge/block four fists and four knees until the bouncers broke it up. It’s a great story! Lol

#16463 3 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

Have a link to that backing by chance?

This is it. I bought it on Amazon

5797DCC9-94C6-4813-8DE5-700B8D1CEC28 (resized).png5797DCC9-94C6-4813-8DE5-700B8D1CEC28 (resized).png
    #16464 3 years ago

Updated the room a bit.

20201127_165636 (resized).jpg20201127_165636 (resized).jpg20201127_165658 (resized).jpg20201127_165658 (resized).jpg20201127_165715 (resized).jpg20201127_165715 (resized).jpg20201127_165918 (resized).jpg20201127_165918 (resized).jpg
    #16465 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

He dismissed the case and I got my bail money back. No one showed up for the case. No cop. No “participants/witnesses/“victim”. So I suppose you can say I had a “happy ending”! Lol
    The best part of it, was that the guy has a 3 inch scar on his forehead and one ruined, bloody shirt, from where I split him open. My sore ribs and the red marks on my head went away long ago. I got jumped by his buddy after that great first swing split him open. They pulled me into the corner and I had to dodge/block four fists and four knees until the bouncers broke it up. It’s a great story! Lol

I read 'happy ending' and '3 inch'.. stopped reading! Lol

#16466 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Updated the room a bit.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Loving that wall with all the posters, from Pinhead to Snake Plissken..! quite a few pinballs to make from those themes right there!

#16467 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I read 'happy ending' and '3 inch'.. stopped reading! Lol

I had to double check what thread I was in

#16468 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Updated the room a bit.

Cool space!

#16469 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Updated the room a bit.

Love all the Sabbath

#16470 3 years ago

Just got into the hobby about 4 months ago. Only have room for 3 pins right now and picked up Elvira today to complete the collection.

6C67DC8E-ECFA-4591-9F77-50A23AD4C16E (resized).jpeg6C67DC8E-ECFA-4591-9F77-50A23AD4C16E (resized).jpeg
    #16471 3 years ago
    Quoted from Maverick203b:

Just got into the hobby about 4 months ago. Only have room for 3 pins right now and picked up Elvira today to complete the collection.
    [quoted image]

Damn fine way to jumpstart the collection.

#16472 3 years ago

[quoted image]

You went all in! Good job and nice pins! Now, to make for more room..

#16473 3 years ago

[quoted image]

That is a great 3 game collection. Very nice.

#16474 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Already been discussed with the wifey(she hates my pinball obsession and doesnt like pool either).

I think we can determine what REALLY needs to go.

Naw, but I was able to take my pool table apart and sandwich it between 3 pins and the wall. Used some foam packing to make sure the wall stays safe.

#16475 3 years ago
    Quoted from nighttaco:

Random question, but I'm putting in new flooring for the pins in the basement, how level does the concrete typically need to be for faux wood (vinyl) planks? Mine is pretty uneven, just curious how forgiving that flooring is to lay over...

Get floor leveling compound, it is fairly easy to use, especially in a basement where you don't have to worry about it draining through holes in the floor.

#16476 3 years ago

Starting to fill back up again with a Dr who and GnR LE on the way.

B53FFB71-4B6C-40B7-8B31-EBA3131D5DBE (resized).jpegB53FFB71-4B6C-40B7-8B31-EBA3131D5DBE (resized).jpeg4351B7B5-B9AF-4419-81E0-55F6308CBA0C (resized).jpeg4351B7B5-B9AF-4419-81E0-55F6308CBA0C (resized).jpeg
    #16477 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

We did dart league for a few years in the early 2000s and it was fun.[quoted image]

Still is Its actually my job. Im a league coordinator.

#16478 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Starting to fill back up again with a Dr who and GnR LE on the way.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Bro, 2 Bansai runs’ and a set of Playfields. Tasty

#16479 3 years ago

Here is a short movie of my 2020 haunted arcade/pinball halloween party

Becouse of covid i limited the number of people, usually have around 150.

Gets bigger every year

#16480 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Fun fact back to the future 3 was filmed in Copperopolis and Robert Zemeckis actually stayed in my wife’s house during filming!

Yeah he did

#16481 3 years ago
    #16482 3 years ago
    Quoted from mzhulk:

Here is a short movie of my 2020 haunted arcade/pinball halloween party
    Becouse of covid i limited the number of people, usually have around 150.
    Gets bigger every year

Just incredible!!!

#16483 3 years ago

I don’t know if that you mean he was “mackin” my wife but if that was the case she was 5 so I hopefully hope that was not the case!

The real deal was the home was a vacation rental and they rented it for the film. Zemeckis and the co star stayed there. Michael J Fox got a much “cooler” house!

#16484 3 years ago

I have a question for any Do it Yourselfers out there. I'm starting to finish a section of my basement for a gameroom/bar. Insulating with 2 inch foamboard and framing with 2 X 3 wood studs. I was going to use foamboard adhesive to glue the foamboard directly to the basement wall foundation, however, I already built the frame for the wall as well, so do I even need to glue/adhere the foamboard to the foundation wall?...or can I just butt the wood frame up against the foamboard, nail the frame into place and not even need to adhere or fasten the foamboard to the foundation wall? The foamboard will essentially be "stuck" in place between the nailed up stud frame and the foundation wall. This would save some of my elbow grease and cash on foamboard adhesive. I tried to google this info on the internets but it is hard to explain the situation in and search this info in a few words and phrases, so came here looking for advice, if anyone has a link to a website that has advice that would be great as well. I posted some pics to give a better understanding on what I am doing.

Also, would just like to say that this thread has inspired me, lots of awesomeness here, and will be posting my progress throughout the winter/spring.
    Thanks!

IMG_20201203_191747624 (resized).jpgIMG_20201203_191747624 (resized).jpgIMG_20201203_191828254 (resized).jpgIMG_20201203_191828254 (resized).jpgIMG_20201203_191847891 (resized).jpgIMG_20201203_191847891 (resized).jpgIMG_20201203_191915760 (resized).jpgIMG_20201203_191915760 (resized).jpg
    #16485 3 years ago
    Quoted from I-Closed-Wolskis:

I have a question for any Do it Yourselfers out there. I'm starting to finish a section of my basement for a gameroom/bar. Insulating with 2 inch foamboard and framing with 2 X 3 wood studs. I was going to use foamboard adhesive to glue the foamboard directly to the basement wall foundation, however, I already built the frame for the wall as well, so do I even need to glue/adhere the foamboard to the foundation wall?...or can I just butt the wood frame up against the foamboard, nail the frame into place and not even need to adhere or fasten the foamboard to the foundation wall? The foamboard will essentially be "stuck" in place between the nailed up stud frame and the foundation wall. This would save some of my elbow grease and cash on foamboard adhesive. I tried to google this info on the internets but it is hard to explain the situation in and search this info in a few words and phrases, so came here looking for advice, if anyone has a link to a website that has advice that would be great as well. I posted some pics to give a better understanding on what I am doing.
    Also, would just like to say that this thread has inspired me, lots of awesomeness here, and will be posting my progress throughout the winter/spring.
    Thanks!

I did very similar in my basement. I just used the wall framing to hold foam flush against the cinderblock. You will want to tape all of the seams of the foam though. This is what I was instructed to use and it worked out well

https://www.amazon.com/Tuck-Tape-Construction-Grade-Sheathing/dp/B01N6L7FK0/ref=sr_1_5

#16486 3 years ago
    Quoted from I-Closed-Wolskis:

an I just butt the wood frame up against the foamboard, nail the frame into place and not even need to adhere or fasten the foamboard to the foundation wall?

Yes you can, no issue with doing this.
    On another note, it looks like you have put down a plywood floor over the basement concrete. Assuming you have a vapor barrier under that?

#16487 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Yes you can, no issue with doing this.
    On another note, it looks like you have put down a plywood floor over the basement concrete. Assuming you have a vapor barrier under that?

Not plywood floor, that picture shows a plywood interior wall, it separates the finished area from a utility area, making a closet in that space. I'm using pressure treated studs for the floor plate, will tape up the foam board seams, use great stuff on the foam board at the wall corners and will use caulk at the bottom of the foam board for sealing. Will put up green (moisture resistant) drywall on the wood frame. Thanks for the input!

#16488 3 years ago

Has anyone here done an HO scale "railroad" running near the ceiling, that encircles your room? I would think several people have done so.

Can someone advise on the construction pitfalls to avoid in creating this - i.e., what materials work best for the runs along the wall, how best to hang or suspend all the track and supportive structures? Also any important issues, such as how far out distance-wise you need to do the corners so the track has enough radius to swing the corners and the train makes it through those areas??

I have boxes of old HO stuff from my childhood and I'd really like to look into this for the added gameroom amusement of the grandkids.

Thanks much!

#16489 3 years ago

Time for a new photo, my 'gameroom' as of december 2020!
    5 games, 4 are mine.

4-12-2020 (resized).jpeg4-12-2020 (resized).jpeg
    #16490 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobDutch:

5 games, 4 are mine.
    [quoted image]

You know your games, great spread!!

#16491 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You know your games, great spread!!

Thank you! Just missing a woodrail, an em, system 11, Gottlieb, pinball2000, JJP, modern Stern, classic Stern, Spooky....and the rest..

Will be selling/trading my Frankenstein in a month or so by the way

#16492 3 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

Has anyone here done an HO scale "railroad" running near the ceiling, that encircles your room? I would think several people have done so.
    Can someone advise on the construction pitfalls to avoid in creating this - i.e., what materials work best for the runs along the wall, how best to hang or suspend all the track and supportive structures? Also any important issues, such as how far out distance-wise you need to do the corners so the track has enough radius to swing the corners and the train makes it through those areas??
    I have boxes of old HO stuff from my childhood and I'd really like to look into this for the added gameroom amusement of the grandkids.
    Thanks much!

Following this as I was considering the same thing.

Chris

#16493 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobDutch:

5 games, 4 are mine.
    [quoted image]

Where is the room?

#16494 3 years ago

We did a big remodel/addition/layout change to our bar from March to September making space for a game room. Picked up our first six pins over the last couple of weeks (but can’t let anyone play them yet... covid restrictions)

But the staff of never played pinball are now addicts

9910D350-0EB7-4E5C-862D-8ED3780DB992 (resized).jpeg9910D350-0EB7-4E5C-862D-8ED3780DB992 (resized).jpegCC429D8A-8002-4EFA-A50D-D74CD7FAE0CE (resized).jpegCC429D8A-8002-4EFA-A50D-D74CD7FAE0CE (resized).jpegD0B444CA-C752-4C50-91E8-DD039A610B34 (resized).jpegD0B444CA-C752-4C50-91E8-DD039A610B34 (resized).jpeg

#16495 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

We did a big remodel/addition/layout change to our bar from March to September making space for a game room. Picked up our first six pins over the last couple of weeks (but can’t let anyone play them yet... covid restrictions)
    But the staff of never played pinball are now addicts
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Will make that bar super popular in the future - as for staff, great perk for now! Respect for wearing masks, keeping distances between games and enforcing restrictions!

#16496 3 years ago

Finally posting a few collection photos

DSCN0303 (resized).JPGDSCN0303 (resized).JPGDSCN0304 (resized).JPGDSCN0304 (resized).JPGDSCN0305 (resized).JPGDSCN0305 (resized).JPGDSCN0306 (resized).JPGDSCN0306 (resized).JPGDSCN0308 (resized).JPGDSCN0308 (resized).JPGDSCN0309 (resized).JPGDSCN0309 (resized).JPGDSCN0310 (resized).JPGDSCN0310 (resized).JPGDSCN0311 (resized).JPGDSCN0311 (resized).JPGDSCN0312 (resized).JPGDSCN0312 (resized).JPG
    #16497 3 years ago
    Quoted from MVCO:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What's the baseball wall game?

#16498 3 years ago
    Quoted from MVCO:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My kind of gameroom. Huge range in eras, fill up every nook and cranny with pachinkos, trade stims, art, wall games, slots, etc.

#16499 3 years ago
    Quoted from MVCO:

After getting my first real slot machine last week, and finding out how heavy they are.....that must be one hell of a dresser you have TWO of them sitting on!!

#16500 3 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

Here is what I did years ago at our first house. I wish I would have taken more photos but here is a video of one lap around. If I remember correctly it was 6" wide on the straights and that gave me enough room for a main line and sidings. I welded the bridge up out of scrap at work. I'm glad you brought this up as I have been thinking of doing it again as well.

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/330?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.