Topic Stats

• 23,725 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Nicoli125
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240329_010145474 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240329_010155166 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6895 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6906 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6907 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6908 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg

There are 23,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 475.
    #16201 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dewman:

Probably because of the thin blue line flag. I served 25 years in law enforcement so sorry no apologies for it.

Coming from a lib here. Enjoy your awesome gameroom and decorate your space any damn way you want! If I posted my entire basement(away from the pins) Im sure Id get downvoted for my NY sports team stuff on the walls.

#16202 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Haha never. It's for dolby atmos, so it sure as hell isn't coming down.

If its for ATMOS it should really be way overhead so you shouldn't EVER walk into it - just saying lmao

Nice machines BTW

#16203 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dewman:

Probably because of the thin blue line flag. I served 25 years in law enforcement so sorry no apologies for it.

I assume you were a great officer and served your community well. That is what is expect of someone in your field, and if that's the case, thank you for your services and dedication to making the community around you a better place. A police officers job is hard. I know, I have friends in the field and they deal with the same people all the time and a lot of times the officers hands are tied. I'm an advocate for giving police more vacation time as it's stressful job and they shouldn't be dealing with these stressful situation day in and day out. Or even rotate field work and office work so they get a break from the chaos. In house therapy, or revisiting some training, as sometimes we get too comfortable and stress doesn't allow us to think correctly. But, there are a few things irk me about the blue line flag. First it goes against the Flag Protection Act of 1968, so right off the bat, it's sending a message that you are above the law and can break it freely and have no respect for the flag or the laws. I know this probably wasn't your intention, I'm sure that flag to you means solidarity and pride. Secondly, I have family members who are firefighters, doctors, pizza delivery people, farmers, etc. All of them save lives or have a high risk of death job, yet none of them feel the need to wave a modified American flag around or any flag for that matter. Ultimately, you received one downvote on your room; it was from me. Why is that worth talking about is beyond me, I just wasn't a fan of the room. I am allowed an opinion, and I didn't know we needed to think alike and upvote all the rooms we see here. Some don't appeal to me and also some get downvoted and no one discusses the downvotes. Enjoy your retirement!

#16204 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dewman:

My thoughts were the same.. Currently in year 30 with 4 1/2 to go. Doing the long haul.

#16205 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallPin:

I assume you were a great officer and served your community well. That is what is expect of someone in your field, and if that's the case, thank you for your services and dedication to making the community around you a better place. A police officers job is hard. I know, I have friends in the field and they deal with the same people all the time and a lot of times the officers hands are tied. I'm an advocate for giving police more vacation time as it's stressful job and they shouldn't be dealing with these stressful situation day in and day out. Or even rotate field work and office work so they get a break from the chaos. In house therapy, or revisiting some training, as sometimes we get too comfortable and stress doesn't allow us to think correctly. But, there are a few things irk me about the blue line flag. First it goes against the Flag Protection Act of 1968, so right off the bat, it's sending a message that you are above the law and can break it freely and have no respect for the flag or the laws. I know this probably wasn't your intention, I'm sure that flag to you means solidarity and pride. Secondly, I have family members who are firefighters, doctors, pizza delivery people, farmers, etc. All of them save lives or have a high risk of death job, yet none of them feel the need to wave a modified American flag around or any flag for that matter. Ultimately, you received one downvote on your room; it was from me. Why is that worth talking about is beyond me, I just wasn't a fan of the room. I am allowed an opinion, and I didn't know we needed to think alike and upvote all the rooms we see here. Some don't appeal to me and also some get downvoted and no one discusses the downvotes. Enjoy your retirement!

I completely and unreservedly support your right to free speech. I don't agree with your analysis but we can still be friends. Now perhaps we can get back to game room pictures

#16206 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dewman:

I completely and unreservedly support your right to free speech. I don't agree with your analysis but we can still be friends. Now perhaps we can get back to game room pictures

Guys, I don't think we can tolerate this kind of civility in here. This is pinside! I'm upvoting both comments because I want to support our need to learn to get along better.

#16207 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:
    If its for ATMOS it should really be way overhead so you shouldn't EVER walk into it - just saying lmao

I have dolby in my ceilings. That's the rear side channel, speaker. I'm aware of the placement, there, buddy.

#16208 3 years ago

new game means updated game room pic. Added Avengers Premium today. Traded Deadpool for Wonka a few weeks ago as well. I loved Deadpool but it was time to move on.

20201024_005859724_iOS (resized).jpg20201024_005859724_iOS (resized).jpg
    #16209 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallPin:

Whoa! passive aggressive shit to a cop and diatribe on that flag?

Did you know fire fighters have a thin red line flag? Did you understand that it is a line of courage for both fire and police? As firefighters and police are periled, they place their lives second to those they protect. They are forced to face their own fears and grasp for every ounce of courage to perform the necessary task. “The Red or Blue Thin Line of Courage” represents the last ounce of courage of firefighters or police to find deep in their blood to conquer their darkest fears in order to save and protect life and property. The flag is black to mourn fallen brothers and sisters who have lost their lives and it is adorned with a color to represent the line of courage of the living either blue or red for the department they serve. They choose the American flag for the love and dedication to this country.

[Comment removed]

#16210 3 years ago
    Quoted from Monte:

Whoa! passive aggressive shit to a cop and diatribe on that flag?
    Did you know fire fighters have a thin red line flag? Did you understand that it is a line of courage for both fire and police? As firefighters and police are periled, they place their lives second to those they protect. They are forced to face their own fears and grasp for every ounce of courage to perform the necessary task. “The Red or Blue Thin Line of Courage” represents the last ounce of courage of firefighters or police to find deep in their blood to conquer their darkest fears in order to save and protect life and property. The flag is black to mourn fallen brothers and sisters who have lost their lives and it is adorned with a color to represent the line of courage of the living either blue or red for the department they serve. They choose the American flag for the love and dedication to this country.
    Next time you need a cop or a firefighter, call your fucking pizza delivery man.

Yeah, I love the guys who "have friends that are cops" so they know exactly what it's like.... Put the uniform on, sacrifice years of holidays and nights with your family, and let me know how it goes. Glad I'm retired, this schtick that encourages mistrust is already getting old.

#16211 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dewman:

I think it's a nice space with a great collection. I had a different perspective on the photo with the blue line flag. When I saw it, I thought "why does a guy from Reno have a Chinese slot machine, can't he find a real slot machine in Reno"?

#16212 3 years ago

All this flag talk got me thinking about my country's alternate flag. I'd fly it proudly beside my real one if i had one

9k=(3).jpg9k=(3).jpg
    #16213 3 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

I think it's a nice space with a great collection. I had a different perspective on the photo with the blue line flag. When I saw it, I thought "why does a guy from Reno have a Chinese slot machine, can't he find a real slot machine in Reno"?

Haha that's a good observation. The Japanese "skill stop" slot was part of a trade.

#16214 3 years ago

I don't want to be spammy by any means, so I will simply embed the TRAILER for an upcoming documentary on arcade games/pinball that I'm executive producing called ARCADE DREAMS in this thread, because I can appreciate how many people in this thread are interested in such things. The doc is already 40% shot (see featured people here: https://arcadedocumentary.com/featuring) but we did just launch a KICKSTARTER campaign (https://bit.ly/ArcadeDoc) so if any of you want to support a great project, please check it out and share with any other friends that you know who might also be interested in such things. The entire post with more info can be read here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-dream-documentary-on-100-year-history-of-arcade-games-pinball

#16215 3 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

I’ve had problems with kids throwing skeeballs overhand. You have to watch where the pinballs are in relation to the skeeball.

I often wonder about this when I see air hockey tables in game rooms. If their kids play those anything like what we did as teenagers at the arcades, every machine nearby would have marks all over them from flying pucks!

#16216 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dewman:

Haha that's a good observation. The Japanese "skill stop" slot was part of a trade.

Time for an upgrade! Slot machines are much cheaper than pins and no skill is required!

Your flag needs ironing

#16217 3 years ago
    Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I don't want to be spammy by any means, so I will simply embed the TRAILER for an upcoming documentary on arcade games/pinball that I'm executive producing called ARCADE DREAMS in this thread, because I can appreciate how many people in this thread are interested in such things. The doc is already 40% shot (see featured people here: https://arcadedocumentary.com/featuring) but we did just launch a KICKSTARTER campaign (https://bit.ly/ArcadeDoc) so if any of you want to support a great project, please check it out and share with any other friends that you know who might also be interested in such things. The entire post with more info can be read here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-dream-documentary-on-100-year-history-of-arcade-games-pinball

Amazing ! Can’t wait to see

#16218 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgonzola:

I often wonder about this when I see air hockey tables in game rooms. If their kids play those anything like what we did as teenagers at the arcades, every machine nearby would have marks all over them from flying pucks!

I was in college when air hockey was big in the late 70s. When we played, we had one primary goal...make that puck sail as far across the room as possible! Bonus points for conking someone in the head. Intentionally obnoxious and annoying? Check.

#16219 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dewman:

Just retired myself brotha with 29 years of service. I kinda figured, but your gameroom is still awesome. Haters going to hate I guess.

#16220 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dewman:

Had to go back and upvote your game room!

#16221 3 years ago

Excellent Video

#16222 3 years ago

Bit of a squeeze but I think that’s a good thing to keep things in check

D6AE5E8E-686F-4199-ADC3-D4A56E42DB70 (resized).jpegD6AE5E8E-686F-4199-ADC3-D4A56E42DB70 (resized).jpeg
    #16223 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

My wife and I sold our old house for the main purpose of buying or building a new one that has a pinball room. We chose to build, and the construction process has begun. Here are some blueprints. Completion expected around December/January.
    And comments or suggestions are welcome.
    Plans w/ dimensions. The purpose of the utility sink is to add running water & drainage for maybe a urinal on the storage side and a wet bar on the adjacent pinball room.
    [quoted image]
    Electric. 2 outlets per 15 amp breaker.
    [quoted image]

Any chance of putting a toilet next to that utility sink?

#16224 3 years ago

My garage blew down in 70mph winds recently so my mancave will have to make do for now...
    50509752436_1837c4b68d_k (resized).jpg50509752436_1837c4b68d_k (resized).jpg50509918812_0604ddce07_k (resized).jpg50509918812_0604ddce07_k (resized).jpg

#16225 3 years ago
    Quoted from jsyjay:

My garage blew down in 70mph winds recently so my mancave will have to make do for now...

Sorry to hear about your garage!! Hope things go better for you.

#16226 3 years ago

Sold Houdini and was fortunate enough to add MMr Royal Edition today..has been my grail pin...for a while and to find this version in brand new condition locally for sale was a no brainer.

E5E65817-327A-4C5F-9FBB-8EED131090A6 (resized).jpegE5E65817-327A-4C5F-9FBB-8EED131090A6 (resized).jpeg
    #16227 3 years ago

Here’s a shot of the old lineup before I added AC/DC Luci and Aerosmith (with matching vinyl banners of course). Now I’m just waiting for My GnR machine to complete my Metal/Rock and Roll collection

27CC6B90-6665-4915-8780-5FE0E6C24246 (resized).jpeg27CC6B90-6665-4915-8780-5FE0E6C24246 (resized).jpeg
    #16228 3 years ago
    Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

this is so incredibly cool

#16229 3 years ago
    Quoted from Briks-707:

Here’s a shot of the old lineup before I added AC/DC Luci and Aerosmith (with matching vinyl banners of course). Now I’m just waiting for My GnR machine to complete my Metal/Rock and Roll collection
    [quoted image]

The vinyl banners on the ceiling is such a BRILLIANT idea. Looks amazing!

#16230 3 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

The vinyl banners on the ceiling is such a BRILLIANT idea. Looks amazing!

Thank you kindly, my best idea yet. The ceiling is slightly inclined so it adds some nice depth to the room. Only problem is now I need to have custom banners made for all my other machines haha.

#16231 3 years ago
    01180E8F-8D0B-4BF3-8252-73068F9A17C7 (resized).jpeg01180E8F-8D0B-4BF3-8252-73068F9A17C7 (resized).jpeg57468B61-E62A-4B0E-9817-00643CB957F5 (resized).jpeg57468B61-E62A-4B0E-9817-00643CB957F5 (resized).jpeg8C2436F5-C1BA-4142-852E-A2BDB3A45CB7 (resized).jpeg8C2436F5-C1BA-4142-852E-A2BDB3A45CB7 (resized).jpegC745C3AC-D946-4BB2-9D33-D50A46AD8EA6 (resized).jpegC745C3AC-D946-4BB2-9D33-D50A46AD8EA6 (resized).jpegDD6D0137-95D0-40F5-83C4-109100AB5E15 (resized).jpegDD6D0137-95D0-40F5-83C4-109100AB5E15 (resized).jpeg
    #16232 3 years ago
    Quoted from TUFLYF:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I feel like there may be a theatre behind one of those doors... amiright?

#16233 3 years ago
    Quoted from TUFLYF:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can I ask- Where did you get those stools for the cocktail? I'm in the market for some for my galaga, the ones I have are garbage.

#16234 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikecav:

Can I ask- Where did you get those stools for the cocktail? I'm in the market for some for my galaga, the ones I have are garbage.

https://pacmancave.com/ECommerce/category/pac-mancave/decor/barstools

#16235 3 years ago

Had to move games around.. Trying to squeeze just one more game in... Only to pre-order G&R So now got to find more room..

And just put up some stern Banners that I had made - got one more hole to drill!

91A1E95B-7765-4E2E-9C59-299DD452A8F4 (resized).jpeg91A1E95B-7765-4E2E-9C59-299DD452A8F4 (resized).jpeg
    #16236 3 years ago

Took a few updated shots of the whole room, showing the pins, Golden Tee 2021 and my 4 player EHA Megacade.

396B614C-8565-431F-8025-2223F2C8F92D (resized).jpeg396B614C-8565-431F-8025-2223F2C8F92D (resized).jpeg63583C64-1226-479C-AB3A-2E244E62E6DC (resized).jpeg63583C64-1226-479C-AB3A-2E244E62E6DC (resized).jpeg21A77402-FBBF-4476-9F76-E81A03C3DFF3 (resized).jpeg21A77402-FBBF-4476-9F76-E81A03C3DFF3 (resized).jpeg
    #16237 3 years ago

You have to turn them on

#16238 3 years ago

A modern machine has joined the ranks of my game room. I normally don’t care that much for many modern games but HOLY CRAP this one impressed me. I brought it home from work to tinker with it as it was giving problems and now is the first time I’m really playing it. Wish I could keep it forever! Oh well it’ll stay for a while until I get it sorted then it will go back to public use. Now... to take over the guest room or wait for a bigger house.... hmmm

516E1A06-5F40-426C-BF1D-9AE033E7F044 (resized).jpeg516E1A06-5F40-426C-BF1D-9AE033E7F044 (resized).jpeg

#16239 3 years ago
    Quoted from mcuzz:

You have to turn them on

These needs to be a hard and fast rule for this thread!

#16240 3 years ago

Late night in the garage/game room

F4A64347-A4A6-42FE-A6B9-1F26E5F8487F (resized).jpegF4A64347-A4A6-42FE-A6B9-1F26E5F8487F (resized).jpeg
    #16241 3 years ago
    Quoted from mcuzz:

You have to turn them on

Not until I get the electrician back out here to fix my questionable wiring job haha.

#16242 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

A modern machine has joined the ranks of my game room. I normally don’t care that much for many modern games but HOLY CRAP this one impressed me. I brought it home from work to tinker with it as it was giving problems and now is the first time I’m really playing it. Wish I could keep it forever! Oh well it’ll stay for a while until I get it sorted then it will go back to public use. Now... to take over the guest room or wait for a bigger house.... hmmm
    [quoted image]

ACNC is vastly underrated. Tough but makable shots, great flow, the sounds and songs are fantastic, great light show, challenging modes, and the playfield is like glass.

I straight up love mine. I got it in February and I've played it almost non-stop since. So addictive.

#16243 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

ACNC is vastly underrated. Tough but makable shots, great flow, the sounds and songs are fantastic, great light show, challenging modes, and the playfield is like glass.
    I straight up love mine. I got it in February and I've played it almost non-stop since. So addictive.

It sure seems that way! This one has been on and off the floor (mostly off) since 2017. Since I started working there it’s spent less than a week on the floor due to issues with frank. The gear was stripped and worn making it unreliable. I have a new gear but ever since I brought it home it’s wanting to act like a perfectly good machine. I got the flippers adjusted how I like and now I’m messing with the magnet save. The original pattern gets it maybe 1 in 5 times. So I adjusted it to 1 and we are gonna see how that does. This one is proving to be a blast as I’m pretty sure it has every option available. Blue powder coating, shaker, speaker lights, art blades. Maybe butter cab? It’s shiny but I haven’t seen a comparison in real life. We also have a TNA and R&M up at work and I like those a lot too. I was sleeping on ACNC probably due to it being off and In the back room all but two days I worked there. Glad they let me bring it home though! I had to make an immediate settings adjustment to frank as the load position was too high causing balls to drop into the cabinet which is why I think it got pulled last time rather than the motor not gripping the gear.

#16245 3 years ago
    #16246 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

It sure seems that way! This one has been on and off the floor (mostly off) since 2017. Since I started working there it’s spent less than a week on the floor due to issues with frank. The gear was stripped and worn making it unreliable. I have a new gear but ever since I brought it home it’s wanting to act like a perfectly good machine. I got the flippers adjusted how I like and now I’m messing with the magnet save. The original pattern gets it maybe 1 in 5 times. So I adjusted it to 1 and we are gonna see how that does. This one is proving to be a blast as I’m pretty sure it has every option available. Blue powder coating, shaker, speaker lights, art blades. Maybe butter cab? It’s shiny but I haven’t seen a comparison in real life. We also have a TNA and R&M up at work and I like those a lot too. I was sleeping on ACNC probably due to it being off and In the back room all but two days I worked there. Glad they let me bring it home though! I had to make an immediate settings adjustment to frank as the load position was too high causing balls to drop into the cabinet which is why I think it got pulled last time rather than the motor not gripping the gear.

Haven't played any other spooky games than the two i have yet, but i totally love rob Zombie and keep bringing it up to the front room where the every day pins are. I like Alice Cooper too, but Rob's the go to for me.

#16247 3 years ago

I just have a little game room but still going strong after 10 years into this pinball hobby.

8222CE57-4E82-4BAE-978A-6D7FFC49CB26 (resized).jpeg8222CE57-4E82-4BAE-978A-6D7FFC49CB26 (resized).jpeg
    #16248 3 years ago

I would so be putting blackout curtains over those windows. Lovely room, and great collection too.

#16249 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Haven't played any other spooky games than the two i have yet, but i totally love rob Zombie and keep bringing it up to the front room where the every day pins are. I like Alice Cooper too, but Rob's the go to for me.

TNA really caught me by surprise. I didn’t see how I would enjoy a single level pin that looked so simple. As soon as I hit the start button “Welcome to the Future” and some sweet music started I knew this wasn’t going to be a typical one level game. The reactors are unique and provide nice variety for seemingly so few options. Some of them the upper playfield makes them critical and others the single pop bumper and outer orbits. Very very fast game.

#16250 3 years ago

Thanks, hopefully i'll get to play one in a couple of weeks as there will be one at Pinfest in Newcastle NSW and the show looks like going ahead. I'll be taking my restored Sorcerer down there too for people to see and play.

I do know a guy with a TNA 40 mins away and should have been to play it, but just haven't got organised so far. Running out of room for pins and looking at really refining my collection to games i love over the next few years rather than the bulk building i've been doing the last 18 months since i bought the first one.

If it's a better game than Rob Zombie like so many people seem to think, I'll be looking for one.

There are 23,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 475.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/325 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.