Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 477.
    #15951 3 years ago

New neon in the DOMINO Arcade

Will do an update video shortly but the place is in a bit of a mess as I've been adding Scorbit to all my games they currently support.

119462434_3272374292877312_4348898595652114754_n (resized).jpg119462434_3272374292877312_4348898595652114754_n (resized).jpg
    #15952 3 years ago

Little update

IMG_20200917_211325 (resized).jpgIMG_20200917_211325 (resized).jpg

#15953 3 years ago

Looks nice! What are the black boxes on the ceiling made of, painted plywood? and it looks like they may be lit around the top edges?

#15954 3 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

The best analog that is available most places is rock wool. Great sound deadening and fire rating properties.

This is what I used at my two properties. Rock wool is easy to install (for the most part), deadens some sound, increased fire rating ,and is not organic thus lowering mold potential.

#15955 3 years ago
    Quoted from JRBBRJ:

This is what I used at my two properties. Rock wool is easy to install (for the most part), deadens some sound, increased fire rating ,and is not organic thus lowering mold potential.

I second this - I used the same product and thicker drywall on part of my basement build and it worked with fantastic results. Really lowered the sound and now can play games late into the night without waking the kids. Only bleed I have is from the HVAC vents...

#15956 3 years ago

This is the first time all my games have been together. Just got the carpet in the other day and my buddy spent a few hours last night and then this afternoon helping me move games around.

My basement is really close to being finished. Just some granite and a door to the theater.

6C1F14D6-A268-46C7-8018-372B8BEF6908 (resized).jpeg6C1F14D6-A268-46C7-8018-372B8BEF6908 (resized).jpeg

F8ED2894-DE4E-403B-ABC3-9582DA8CF9E5 (resized).jpegF8ED2894-DE4E-403B-ABC3-9582DA8CF9E5 (resized).jpeg

0A44B258-C12F-4881-B2C5-F1B7D8FAD129 (resized).jpeg0A44B258-C12F-4881-B2C5-F1B7D8FAD129 (resized).jpeg

#15957 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Looks nice! What are the black boxes on the ceiling made of, painted plywood? and it looks like they may be lit around the top edges?

It's basotect - it helps to reduce Sounds and give a nice accoustic

https://www.eurokustik.com/english/acoustic-foam-decor-basotect-50-adhesive-meplde50ad.html

It's a difference between nicht and day. The little room ist not so loud now

#15958 3 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

Thanks guys. Yeah, I was planning on 5/8” drywall with fiberglass insulation. Will the insulation even help? Again, not looking for silent, just dampen it down to a mild background noise.

I put in regular insulation. It does help alot.

#15959 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

This is the first time all my games have been together. Just got the carpet in the other day and my buddy spent a few hours last night and then this afternoon helping me move games around.
    My basement is really close to being finished. Just some granite and a door to the theater.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Very nice. The entire place looks like a survival kit to me.

#15960 3 years ago

Been a little busy the past few days. Got the addition's upstairs cleared and cleaned up
    enough to start running the electric. Years back, I ran the leads before the downstair's
    ceiling was put in..

IMG_0336 (resized).JPGIMG_0336 (resized).JPGIMG_0338 (resized).JPGIMG_0338 (resized).JPG
    #15961 3 years ago
    Quoted from tomaszb1:

I second this - I used the same product and thicker drywall on part of my basement build and it worked with fantastic results. Really lowered the sound and now can play games late into the night without waking the kids. Only bleed I have is from the HVAC vents...

A trick on the vents is to use flex duct, even if it's only a few inches long on each connection. Metal ducts are more efficient for airflow, but transmit sound quite well. Those few inches of flex decouple the pipe and stop sound transmission, and if installed properly, don't add drag. Don't forget to do this on the supply and return connections. On a related note, I recommend putting your returns near the floor. Physics causes cold, dense air to collect in the basement. You can use this to your advantage in the summer by picking this air back up and recirculating it. That design, coupled with a dehumidifier has kept the temperature the same in my basement as the main floor.
    20200920_214257 (resized).jpg20200920_214257 (resized).jpg20200920_215001 (resized).jpg20200920_215001 (resized).jpg

#15962 3 years ago

Check out this radical blacklight mural we did as we continue to finish our retro arcade/mini golf.

I might move and if I do I'm going to have my entire new basement themed in blacklight! These pics are for those pac man fans!

IMG_1854 (resized).jpgIMG_1854 (resized).jpgIMG_1868 (resized).jpgIMG_1868 (resized).jpg
    #15963 3 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

That design, coupled with a dehumidifier has kept the temperature the same in my basement as the main floor.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

We just got the same dehumidifier Tuesday. Loving it so far. Super quiet and efficient. Basement humidity is between 40 and 50

20200920_204201.jpg20200920_204201.jpg
    #15964 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

We just got the same dehumidifier Tuesday. Loving it so far. Super quiet and efficient. Basement humidity is between 40 and 50
    [quoted image]

Did you get yours at Costco too?

#15965 3 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

Did you get yours at Costco too?

Yup. Our old one finally bit the big one a couple weeks back. Great price too. The 50 pint from Costco was cheaper then 35 pint from other retailers and less then half what Wal-Mart wanted for a 50 pint. Only downside was waiting a week for delivery. It's so nice to have the air at a healthy level instead of the high 80s/low 90s.

#15966 3 years ago

I tied my dehumidifier into the condensate pump line of my furnace. That way the water gets pumped out and I don't have to manually empty it ever. About once a year scum builds up in the drain line and blocks it. But it's easy to remove the hose and clean it. If you don't have a furnace condensate pump already, I recommend buying one and tying it into your sewer line. Manually emptying these things every day is a PITA!

#15967 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I tied my dehumidifier into the condensate pump line of my furnace. That way the water gets pumped out and I don't have to manually empty it ever. About once a year scum builds up in the drain line and blocks it. But it's easy to remove the hose and clean it. If you don't have a furnace condensate pump already, I recommend buying one and tying it into your sewer line. Manually emptying these things every day is a PITA!

Mine empties into the sump pump. You are right, emptying them gets old rather quickly.

#15968 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Tell us more about those light fixtures please...

Looks great!

#15969 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Tell us more about those light fixtures please...
    Looks great!

Thanks!

I had thought about making them since they are just galvanized pipe, but it would have probably taken me about 25 trips to Home Depot, so I decided to just buy them. I got them from a small company in Utah.

I have a few pictures of them in my build thread too.

https://haddockindustrial.com/black-pipe-wall-sconce-or-ceiling-fixture-industrial-lighting-steampunk-light/

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-room-build-thread/page/5#post-4106387

#15970 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

We're filling a bucket every 8 hrs trying to catch up for the week it wasn't running. It is a major pita. Going to hook it up to a hose for continous drain and drain it down the sewer.

Curious on how much you guys run the dehumidifier? We talk to people here in our town and they run them 24/7 year long. I'm thinking 4 hrs on, 4 off. Wife thinks one day on, one day off. Thoughts?

#15971 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

We're filling a bucket every 8 hrs trying to catch up for the week it wasn't running. It is a major pita. Going to hook it up to a hose for continous drain and drain it down the sewer.
    Curious on how much you guys run the dehumidifier? We talk to people here in our town and they run them 24/7 year long. I'm thinking 4 hrs on, 4 off. Wife thinks one day on, one day off. Thoughts?

I run mine 25/7, but not on full blast. I run it at about 6 or 7 out of 10 and usually have to empty it out every 3 or 4 days.

#15972 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

This totally depends on climate. Once the furnace comes on here in Michigan, I have to add humidity. I have my dehumidifier on auto, and it isn't running as much now that temperatures have dropped to less than room temperature for most of the day. In a week or two, I'll put it away. I've got a whole house humidifier, and I usually set up another unit in my music room for my instruments.

#15973 3 years ago

When I finished the basement I bit the bullet and paid $1200 (installed) for a "whole home" dehumidifier unit that work in tandem with my basement HVAC and it was the best investment I could have made. It uses the same vent / returns as the the current system and ties into the existing condensate pump. It comes on automatically to maintain whatever humidity level you set. Never have to empty it and just change the filter on it same schedule as the main unit. Have never had to deal with humid or musty basement, it literally feels like the rest of the house regardless of the weather or seasons.

#15974 3 years ago

You live in some sort of alternative universe ?

#15975 3 years ago

In the spring, summer and fall months, continuous on full blast. In winter, it almost never kicks on. This is just for my basement. Upstairs is AC for dehumidification and a humidifier for winter.

#15976 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

We have 25 hours one day a year here.

You guys are incredible. I live in a tiny house in a shed with no heater or airconditioner, let alone a machine to take the humidity out of the air. It's like you live in a fish tank sealed away from the world.

I mean you can't even open a window.

No criticism, just trying to imagine, but i don't think i could be happy living like that.

#15977 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

Ha! No alternative universe, just fingers too fat to hit the right computer keys.

#15978 3 years ago

For anyone interested in our inaugural episode of JOBLO COLLECTOR'S CORNER (featuring all things BATMAN '89) check out the video below, which features the awesome gameroom from "Tim from Tennessee" from these very forums (starts around 10:35 in the video). If you want your own gameroom/collection featured in a future episode, please let us know via the contact info found here: https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/are-you-a-collector-show-us-your-collection-for-our-latest-video-series

#15979 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I live in a tiny house in a shed with no heater or airconditioner, let alone a machine to take the humidity out of the air.

A shed with 20 pins? count me in!

#15981 3 years ago

Ok the posing is hilarious

#15982 3 years ago
    Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

When I finished the basement I bit the bullet and paid $1200 (installed) for a "whole home" dehumidifier unit that work in tandem with my basement HVAC and it was the best investment I could have made. It uses the same vent / returns as the the current system and ties into the existing condensate pump. It comes on automatically to maintain whatever humidity level you set. Never have to empty it and just change the filter on it same schedule as the main unit. Have never had to deal with humid or musty basement, it literally feels like the rest of the house regardless of the weather or seasons.

I did the same thing, but also have a second "zone" for just the basement besides the HVAC system that has ducting to areas in the basement. It helps to circulate the air in the basement as well.

#15983 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Been a little busy the past few days. Got the addition's upstairs cleared and cleaned up
    enough to start running the electric. Years back, I ran the leads before the downstair's
    ceiling was put in..
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Man you have been busy. I remember seeing an older pic of that room packed to the gills. Did you ever get around to fixing up that coin changer?

#15984 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Ok the posing is hilarious

Web call it 'the teapot'.

No idea how it started, but it's now compulsory.

#15985 3 years ago

Since the last set of gameroom pictures I have added a Jurassic Park Pro to the main arcade area. I also sold my rebound shuffleboard and replaced it with a Pop a Shot, an air hockey, and a 50s diner for my girls. We are spending a lot more time in the gameroom since I added more fun stuff for my daughters (3 and 7). Also got a compact sectional loveseat to replace my old couch so that I could fit two games on that wall.

21DB24AC-F22A-4EAB-8261-A363533EE10D (resized).jpeg21DB24AC-F22A-4EAB-8261-A363533EE10D (resized).jpeg8B340B61-5852-462B-A357-71BEA41B3DF8 (resized).jpeg8B340B61-5852-462B-A357-71BEA41B3DF8 (resized).jpeg39E50422-82CA-4F3A-9EB6-DBF66ED7964D (resized).jpeg39E50422-82CA-4F3A-9EB6-DBF66ED7964D (resized).jpeg2B49B5C3-82D3-4310-B99E-047309E26787 (resized).jpeg2B49B5C3-82D3-4310-B99E-047309E26787 (resized).jpeg
    #15986 3 years ago

Had a little party last night and took this picture. Thought it was pretty cool!

AC473A0F-AE7C-4E35-A903-8D8D2DB95A62 (resized).jpegAC473A0F-AE7C-4E35-A903-8D8D2DB95A62 (resized).jpeg
    #15987 3 years ago
    Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

For anyone interested in our inaugural episode of JOBLO COLLECTOR'S CORNER (featuring all things BATMAN '89) check out the video below, which features the awesome gameroom from "Tim from Tennessee" from these very forums (starts around 10:35 in the video). If you want your own gameroom/collection featured in a future episode, please let us know via the contact info found here: https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/are-you-a-collector-show-us-your-collection-for-our-latest-video-series

Thanks to the team at JOBLO - if anyone is considering doing this, it was super simple and easy to participate in
    You may have a non-pinball collection to showcase as well - they are looking for anything unique really

#15988 3 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Thanks to the team at JOBLO - if anyone is considering doing this, it was super simple and easy to participate in
    You may have a non-pinball collection to showcase as well - they are looking for anything unique really

They reached out to me to feature my game room for a future episode.

#15989 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

They reached out to me to feature my game room for a future episode.

You've got a killer setup!
    Would be an awesome segment if you decide to do it

#15990 3 years ago

Small but, I love the heck out of my current setup!

game room (resized).jpggame room (resized).jpg
    #15991 3 years ago

Small update. Traded deadpool premium for a Wonka(my first jjp). My daughter loves it! Room on the right for Avengers Premium whenever it comes...

20200928_014747490_iOS (resized).jpg20200928_014747490_iOS (resized).jpg
    #15992 3 years ago

is wonka not a widebody?

#15993 3 years ago

Pat don't widebody Both DI and WW are standard body games.

#15994 3 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

is wonka not a widebody?

glad it isnt! I cant fit a widebody down my stairs! Plus I tend not to like widebodies in general. Enjoying Wonka so far

#15995 3 years ago

new addition to the gameroom today

breath1 (resized).jpgbreath1 (resized).jpg

#15996 3 years ago

Forgot the touchscreen kiosk pic;

breath4 (resized).jpgbreath4 (resized).jpg

#15997 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Thats great fun to have with friends during covid. I can't even get anyone over to play.

#15998 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

What is your high score?

#15999 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Had a little party last night and took this picture. Thought it was pretty cool![quoted image]

Did you build that infinity table? It's great!!
    Also, I'm curious what you used for that cool bar. Looks like some kind of backlit printed image?
    Thanks

#16000 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Please report back how this works out. I have wanted a commercial breathalyzer for a while but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I liked the looks of this one but have heard conflicting reports about how good it is.

C129E44B-C44F-4930-ACCF-3AB2D28D99AA (resized).jpegC129E44B-C44F-4930-ACCF-3AB2D28D99AA (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/320?hl=impzilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.