Topic Stats

• 23,733 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by ZooDude
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1606 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1605 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20240329_010145474 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240329_010155166 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6895 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6906 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6907 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6908 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG

There are 23,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 475.
    #15301 3 years ago
    Quoted from CPanther95:I tried to squeeze every square inch possible. In about a month, I'll know if it's too much or not.
    [quoted image]

Man we have so much of the same taste in stuff! My galaxy fire dart board gets so much play. Awesome game!

I want a Whacka mole one day.

I want see some pics

I will post some pics once my crusin blasts arrive.

#15302 3 years ago

Here's some before pictures of my game room.

IMG_7469 (resized).JPGIMG_7469 (resized).JPGIMG_7602 (resized).JPGIMG_7602 (resized).JPGIMG_7909 (resized).JPGIMG_7909 (resized).JPGIMG_8025 (resized).JPGIMG_8025 (resized).JPG
    #15303 3 years ago

Picked up this and so far love it.

Would love a full size version but man they are expensive!

14536DF4-D50C-42BE-A708-4C5DE89D6B23 (resized).jpeg14536DF4-D50C-42BE-A708-4C5DE89D6B23 (resized).jpeg08441560-2144-446B-8E4C-E734DAF33DB5 (resized).jpeg08441560-2144-446B-8E4C-E734DAF33DB5 (resized).jpeg
    #15304 3 years ago

And here it is remodeled after my two week furlough.
    Moved some games in and out. Added the brick paneling and stained and hung the cedar trim. Hung up all of my tap handles, beer signs, and my antique wooden propeller. Got rid of the bulky theater seats for a narrow bar height table, still waiting on the bar stools. And converted the closet into a bar.

IMG_8317 (resized).JPGIMG_8317 (resized).JPGIMG_8329 (resized).JPGIMG_8329 (resized).JPGIMG_8328 (resized).JPGIMG_8328 (resized).JPGIMG_8319 (resized).JPGIMG_8319 (resized).JPGIMG_8320 (resized).JPGIMG_8320 (resized).JPGIMG_8324 (resized).JPGIMG_8324 (resized).JPGIMG_8321 (resized).JPGIMG_8321 (resized).JPGIMG_8322 (resized).JPGIMG_8322 (resized).JPG
    #15305 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Who needs to stay good looking once you’re married anyway?

Quoted from Waldo:

She’s technically the wife as we did get married on paper but haven’t done our official ceremony yet.

Unfortunately for you, she's also thinking the same "who needs to stay good looking once you're married" thing.

(And if it's a Marriage contract, why can't we include a clause where it becomes void if either party gains more than X pounds?)

#15306 3 years ago
    Quoted from CPanther95:

I tried to squeeze every square inch possible. In about a month, I'll know if it's too much or not.
    [quoted image]

well that's exciting

#15307 3 years ago
    Quoted from jonh:

And here it is remodeled after my two week furlough.
    Moved some games in and out. Added the brick paneling and stained and hung the cedar trim. Hung up all of my tap handles, beer signs, and my antique wooden propeller. Got rid of the bulky theater seats for a narrow bar height table, still waiting on the bar stools. And converted the closet into a bar.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What fridges are those if I may ask? Looking for something similar. Nice space you have there!

Chris

#15308 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Man we have so much of the same taste in stuff! My galaxy fire dart board gets so much play. Awesome game!
    I want see some pics

My gameroom was originally the formal LR & DR. Right after we moved in I put a 9' Billiard table in and wasn't much left for anything but the TSPP and a dart board. Then when grandkids came the pool table got sold and it was a toddler room with big Fisher Price crap (plus TSPP and darts ). Now they're a bit older so it had transitioned into couches/XBox. Once it goes full bore arcade, it's going to stay that way.

Paint (resized).jpgPaint (resized).jpg
    #15309 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

What fridges are those if I may ask? Looking for something similar. Nice space you have there!
    Chris

Thanks, It's the home labs beverage fridge.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0786TJC33/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00

#15310 3 years ago

Ash Johnston is coming today to do some more art on the sitting/dance area next to the games room down the back. There is a 20' sq dance floor going in there in black and white checks, so i'm asking him to base the mural on the Deadpool Disco multi animations.

Yippee!!!!

http://openstudioweb.blogspot.com/

df2 (resized).jpgdf2 (resized).jpg
    #15311 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Picked up this and so far love it.
    Would love a full size version but man they are expensive!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool. Ballpark - What are those things running?

#15312 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

They have separate rooms in the house.
    She’s technically the wife as we did the whole get married on paper but haven’t done our official ceremony yet. GF just sounds so much better

Haha good stuff! My (now) Fiance, used to always be introduced as “the lady I lay with” during our first 5 years together. She is awesome and was so on board with me introducing her that way. The expressions people have made over the years have been priceless.

#15313 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Very cool. Ballpark - What are those things running?

I got it for $500.

They were 5k new but just couldn’t make money in a bar scene for ops

also the one I got comes with bocci ball. Which is great for kids!

#15314 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I got it for $500.
    They were 5k new but just couldn’t make money in a bar scene for ops
    also the one I got comes with bocci ball. Which is great for kids!

Man great find!!. Send em my way if you find another one!

#15315 3 years ago
    Quoted from CPanther95:

My gameroom was originally the formal LR & DR. Right after we moved in I put a 9' Billiard table in and wasn't much left for anything but the TSPP and a dart board. Then when grandkids came the pool table got sold and it was a toddler room with big Fisher Price crap (plus TSPP and darts ). Now they're a bit older so it had transitioned into couches/XBox. Once it goes full bore arcade, it's going to stay that way.[quoted image]

Awesome! I would love the lane master in the future. I have a 2000 square foot house that only has games. Sadly I have room for like two more pinball machines and then I am basically out of space.

That is why I am looking to buy another lot! Bowling lane!

#15316 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Man great find!!. Send em my way if you find another one!

Special thanks to Fattrain for giving me the lead.

Check craigslist one came up for $600 right after I bought mine. It did need a new power supply but still a great deal.

I played about 4 hours heads up on Friday and Saturday nights this last weekend!

#15317 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I want see some pics

There was a nice WhackaMole that came up at Captain's Auction a while back, if I remember correctly it went for around 3k. That would be sweet! I can confidently say I can whip pretty much anyone at WhackaMole. I used to play that all the time back in the 80s and I got so good at it I would win basically every time. I was constantly getting the big prizes for my wife at Circus Circus in Las Vegas when they would have 8 or 12 players or however many it was all competing together. Then one day after I won a bunch of times this young, beautiful and shapely girl came right up to me with her dollar and asked me to play for her. With my wife standing right next to me. Like a grinning idiot I said "sure!" and promptly won her the big prize, so she batted her eyes and said thank you. I don't think I played much WhackaMole after that though. The daggers that were shooting out of the wife's eyes could have sliced up an army.

#15318 3 years ago

I so wish i could find a Sega Fast Beats anywhere in the world. if anyone knows someone hiding one send me a pm and dob them in!

Game room seating area begins today; Ash is here, but says he's leaving the undercoat to dry for a few hours.

df1 (resized).jpgdf1 (resized).jpg
    #15319 3 years ago

Little tour through my pinball flat. Unfortunately 4 pins are somewhere else. Too less space

#15320 3 years ago

Hey question for you all. Anyone paint just one wall red, black, blue, etc to make it a feature wall and do you have pics?

We went with a neutral grey and there's lots of wood. Wife wants the 12' end wall to be a pop of color. Something red she says

#15321 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hey question for you all. Anyone paint just one wall red, black, blue, etc to make it a feature wall and do you have pics?
    We went with a neutral grey and there's lots of wood. Wife wants the 12' end wall to be a pop of color. Something red she says

Have you considered removing HGTV from your list of favorite channels instead?

#15322 3 years ago

Mural is taking shape, he's left it for the night and will be back sometime i spose.

df4 (resized).jpgdf4 (resized).jpg

He's clever when he sketches black on black.

df5 (resized).jpgdf5 (resized).jpg

df9 (resized).jpgdf9 (resized).jpg

df11 (resized).jpgdf11 (resized).jpg

df12 (resized).jpgdf12 (resized).jpg

#15323 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Sorry for the graininess of the pic. All walls are grey except for our accent wall.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#15324 3 years ago

Here’s another. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#15325 3 years ago

And the crowd cheers!

df14 (resized).jpgdf14 (resized).jpg
    #15326 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Accent walls are a great way to add character and color to a house or apartment without painting the entire home. My wife and I moved around a lot the first 5 years or so, and we rented apartments or condos that usually had white or neutral walls. We would get permission to paint one wall in each room a single color, like light blue in the kitchen, beige in the living room and olive green in a bedroom. It would work great for a game room too. It’s surprisingly effective at changing the feel of the rooms. Try checking out google images of accent walls, they are very helpful. Paint stores have examples too. Good luck!

#15327 3 years ago

Just renovating my gameroom with cool arcade and pinball graffiti...

cheers
    Chris

1 (Small) (resized).jpg1 (Small) (resized).jpg2 (Small) (resized).jpg2 (Small) (resized).jpg3 (Small) (resized).jpg3 (Small) (resized).jpg4 (Small) (resized).jpg4 (Small) (resized).jpg5 (Small) (resized).jpg5 (Small) (resized).jpg7 (Small) (resized).jpg7 (Small) (resized).jpg8 (Small) (resized).jpg8 (Small) (resized).jpg9 (Small) (resized).jpg9 (Small) (resized).jpg
    #15328 3 years ago
    Quoted from chriz99:

cheers
    Chris[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I haven't researched yet, but having really big graffiti-style art decals for the gameroom would be awesome! I'm thinking from a non-artistic person's view. Otherwise, you can get really creative with all the different wall art. Awesome job!

#15329 3 years ago
    Quoted from chriz99:

cheers
    Chris[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks incredible. Can't wait to see pics of it all done and loaded with games.

#15330 3 years ago

The dance floor turned up yesti, Bill the pinball mover with the Big ass Van brought it up for me.

df17 (resized).jpgdf17 (resized).jpg

#15331 3 years ago
    df18 (resized).jpgdf18 (resized).jpg
    #15332 3 years ago
    Quoted from durgee7:

I haven't researched yet, but having really big graffiti-style art decals for the gameroom would be awesome! I'm thinking from a non-artistic person's view. Otherwise, you can get really creative with all the different wall art. Awesome job!

I haven't googled it yet but fathead does those large vinyl peel and stick for athletes, actors, etc. Would be cool if they had a video game line. Metroid, megaman, Mario, etc.. or cartoon characters like Simpsons, rick and Morty, etc...

#15333 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I haven't googled it yet but fathead does those large vinyl peel and stick for athletes, actors, etc. Would be cool if they had a video game line. Metroid, megaman, Mario, etc.. or cartoon characters like Simpsons, rick and Morty, etc...

Track down a professional street artist. They work much cheaper than a sticker and if you ask niceley you can get what you want.

#15334 3 years ago

Deadpool is done, i have to wait till Monday now for more progress.

df19 (resized).jpgdf19 (resized).jpg

df20 (resized).jpgdf20 (resized).jpg

#15335 3 years ago

He surprised me and came back last night. Finished now it's just fitout.

df21 (resized).jpgdf21 (resized).jpg

#15336 3 years ago

My humble game room. My kid plays video games while I play pinball.

IMG_20200620_152043 (resized).jpgIMG_20200620_152043 (resized).jpgIMG_20200620_154007 (resized).jpgIMG_20200620_154007 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200620_152847 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200620_152847 (resized).jpg
    #15338 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

My humble game room. My kid plays video games while I play pinball.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s cool you guys can each play your games but still spend time together. Maybe pinball will grab him more at some point. Or you can agree to play a 2 player video game for each 2 player pinball game!

#15339 3 years ago

That hidden room behind the Tron cabinet is a guy on pinside, there’s a thread for that room, or else it’s somewhere in this thread. One of the coolest arcades/theatre around.

#15340 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Not mine, but awesome! Anyone else have a hidden entrance?

This is @waldo's game room, and it the same one that Luckydogg420 is referring to. He has lots of posts in this thread, here is his build thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flynns-arcade-20-project

Also 30FathomDave posted a secret bookcase entrance gameroom in this thread too:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/10#post-216446

And Damon had a bookcase one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/135#post-3196097

#15341 3 years ago

Here is one of my secret entrances. It takes a special telephone number to unlock the 600lb pulling force magnet. This was taken almost a year old. The ante room is a little more decorated now. I just haven't had time to reshoot the video.

Happy Father's Day!

#15342 3 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

Here is one of my secret entrances. It's almost a year old. The ante room is a little more decorated now. I just haven't had time to reshoot the video.
    Happy Father's Day!

Love it! That’s a great entrance as well!

#15343 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Love it! That’s a great entrance as well!

That's high praise coming from you!

Thanks!

#15344 3 years ago

Are the rooms hidden so that the wives don't know about all the games in there? My garage has a separate storage room at the back that abuts my pinball room. I should try to steal that space and see how long it takes her to notice. Might be years!

#15345 3 years ago

Here is one of my secret entrances.

Were you inspired by Get Smart?

#15346 3 years ago
    Quoted from Burley9043:

Were you inspired by Get Smart?

I loved Get Smart.

I am a big superhero guy. The Superman telephone booth was to balance out my Batpole on the other side of the room.

#15347 3 years ago

I am a big superhero guy. The Superman telephone booth was to balance out my Batpole on the other side of the room

That is too cool!

#15348 3 years ago
    Quoted from Burley9043:

That is too cool!

Thanks!

With the modifications I have made to the house, I am not sure how "sellable" it will be in the future, but oh well. I sure am enjoying it now!

#15349 3 years ago

Yes, but how do you get out?

#15350 3 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Yes, but how do you get out?

The better question is...why would you want to?

There are 23,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 475.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/307?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.