Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 477.
    #14151 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I had to go back a second time just to go back behind the bar! Looked out the window. norcalrealtor ... what are your thoughts on your neighbors bamboo screen? My neighbors in Texas had them too.

It’s actually not bamboo, but I’m grateful for the added privacy. Not a fan of that particular neighbor.

No basements around here, so I was very fortunate to find a property with an expansive room. Most SF Bay Area collectors are either confined to the garage, or spread out over multiple rooms.

#14152 4 years ago

What software did you use to give that sort of presentation?

#14153 4 years ago

Now that is a respectable lineup! Done!

Wait, might be able to fit...

3B8D372D-2046-4675-BE75-F8CB8BBA4447 (resized).jpeg3B8D372D-2046-4675-BE75-F8CB8BBA4447 (resized).jpeg
    #14154 4 years ago

Turn your games on for these photos guys let those puppies breathe!

#14155 4 years ago
    Quoted from VillaThrills:

Now that is a respectable lineup! Done!
    Wait, might be able to fit...[quoted image]

I’ll finish that for you...

“... at least two more”

#14156 4 years ago

I haven't even brought him downstairs yet but this should look killer with my Ghostbusters premium!

Resized_20191113_172053_2344 (resized).jpegResized_20191113_172053_2344 (resized).jpeg
    #14157 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

I haven't even brought him downstairs yet but this should look killer with my Ghostbusters premium![quoted image]

Where did you get that? It is so awesome! I need one.

#14158 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Where did you get that? It is so awesome! I need one.

I thought you might like it! I was going to PM you but cant sent pictures through PM. I got it from a small toy store in a small town. Short story... My wife sent me a picture of it a year and a half ago, we made an offer and they said it wasn't for sale. Fast forward till 2 weeks ago, we got an email saying after 12 years they were closing. We went down and offered again and picked it up! It's actually a Playmobil advertising piece. The owner said he bought it 10 years ago new, and they only made 50. (I have no idea, just what he said ). I got it for half what we were willing to pay and I'm stoked!!

#14159 4 years ago

Ready for winter....

20191115_174245 (resized).jpg20191115_174245 (resized).jpg20191115_174256 (resized).jpg20191115_174256 (resized).jpg20191115_174309 (resized).jpg20191115_174309 (resized).jpg20191115_174324 (resized).jpg20191115_174324 (resized).jpg
    #14160 4 years ago

Is that heated other than the stove?

#14161 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Is that heated other than the stove?

Electric heating under the tiles....just enough to keep it semi-warm when I'm not around.

#14162 4 years ago
    Quoted from guard:

Ready for winter....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

ready for a new camera?

#14163 4 years ago

Hehehe.....now that I figured out why this one didn't work right??

Yes......maybe in another 4 years I'll figure out how to work the one I'll be getting.

#14164 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcuzz:

ready for a new camera?

Just did the same thing over the same reason, blurred pics from my trusty old Pentax W20 that i've had for many years. Got a little Fujifilm XP140 cheap enough. Still waterproof, optical zoom etc i've only had it a couple days, but i'm happy for a point and shoot in the price range. the Pentax was more than double that back in the day..

Went from this to the last one;

pb3 (resized).jpgpb3 (resized).jpgpb7 (resized).jpgpb7 (resized).jpg
    #14165 4 years ago

Friendsgiving at my household:

(The rest were switching out playing pins and watching football)

20191117_125536 (resized).jpg20191117_125536 (resized).jpg
    #14166 4 years ago
    Quoted from guard:

Ready for winter....

Your Volley has the wrong legs on it.

Nice collection, BTW.

#14167 4 years ago

Finally I have all my machines together and working, along with mostly everything hung on the walls.

20191119_193844_resized (resized).jpg20191119_193844_resized (resized).jpg20191119_200604_resized (resized).jpg20191119_200604_resized (resized).jpg20191119_194237_resized (resized).jpg20191119_194237_resized (resized).jpg20191119_194715_resized (resized).jpg20191119_194715_resized (resized).jpg20191119_194912_resized (resized).jpg20191119_194912_resized (resized).jpg20191119_194927_resized (resized).jpg20191119_194927_resized (resized).jpg20191119_195147_resized (resized).jpg20191119_195147_resized (resized).jpg20191119_195905_resized (resized).jpg20191119_195905_resized (resized).jpg20191119_194032_resized (resized).jpg20191119_194032_resized (resized).jpg
    #14168 4 years ago

Some changes happening in the game room. Same # of games, but a section of the basement has been taken by the wife for her Zumba training (she is an instructor). It's all about balance, and I still retain the fun areas without having to sell anything.

Basement Pano2 (resized).jpgBasement Pano2 (resized).jpg

mirrors1 (resized).jpgmirrors1 (resized).jpg

mirrors2 (resized).jpgmirrors2 (resized).jpg

mirrors3 (resized).jpgmirrors3 (resized).jpg

Basement Pano1 (resized).jpgBasement Pano1 (resized).jpg

#14169 4 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Finally I have all my machines together and working, along with mostly everything hung on the walls.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice variety! I love seeing rooms with steel tip dart boards, everyone should have one.

I'm pretty sure I have the exact same pool table as you... is that an Olhausen? I just added the Simonis Tournament Blue cloth to mine, too.

#14170 4 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Finally I have all my machines together and working, along with mostly everything hung on the walls.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice.

Must feel great to finally have some use for all the oilers stuff.

#14171 4 years ago

Nice variety! I love seeing rooms with steel tip dart boards, everyone should have one.
    I'm pretty sure I have the exact same pool table as you... is that an Olhausen? I just added the Simonis Tournament Blue cloth to mine, too.

Not 100% sure what type of table it is has no makers mark, other than the year 1974 as production date. It even confused the Installer with 25 years of experience as he said it looked like a Olhausen but there was no markings. New Bumpers and felt on it should be good for many years of play

Quoted from Dr-pin:

Nice.
    Must feel great to finally have some use for all the oilers stuff.

Yep you have to keep believing that your team will get it together. Glad I got season tickets this year

#14172 4 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Not 100% sure what type of table it is has no makers mark, other than the year 1974 as production date. It even confused the Installer with 25 years of experience as he said it looked like a Olhausen but there was no markings. New Bumpers and felt on it should be good for many years of play

Yep you have to keep believing that your team will get it together. Glad I got season tickets this year

What size pool table?

#14173 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What size pool table?

It's a 8-ft+ (pro 8): 92″ x 46″

#14174 4 years ago

Where most of the action happens in my game room.
    pinball-lineup2 (resized).jpgpinball-lineup2 (resized).jpg

#14175 4 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Love the Oilers swag. I'm pretty sure I'm the only Oilers fan down here. Always getting questions about it when I wear my gear out in public.

#14176 4 years ago
    Quoted from bowtech:

Love the Oilers swag. I'm pretty sure I'm the only Oilers fan down here. Always getting questions about it when I wear my gear out in public.

What's even cooler is he created it all himself! Table, toppers, signs, icb, vp. jesperpark is super creative. I'm constantly in awe of the stuff he makes.

#14177 4 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

[quoted image]

Wow that's amazing, love the space and that floor!!!

#14178 4 years ago

I recently unlocked the "flood" achievement in my gameroom.

It's been a process to get it back together. The machines are (mostly) back in the main area of the space, but up on end. I recently pieced together my media room, outfitted with new seats to replace my peeling old ones. While I left carpet in that space, I decided to go with a vinyl plank in the rest of the space, and install it myself.

I considered making some pretty radical changes... maybe blowing out the wall that's currently my small storage space, and where my panel and sump are located. That would have only bought me space for 2 machines, and I would have needed to find another space for storage. I have room for 6 games cleanly within my main area. I currently put a few games in my "shop" area. It's not the most cozy, but I'm having a hard time deciding on which ones to move, and it at least allows me a space to play them. I bought extra flooring to try and make that space more comfortable. I'll see how that goes before making any major decisions.

At my old place I had a golf simulator setup in the 3rd stall of my garage. Having moved last year, and the life events since then, I haven't had a chance to clear out the new space enough to set that up again.

I feel sort of bad because I was the limiting factor during our house search. I 'required' a 3 car garage for a golf sim, a space large enough for a 9' pool table, space for a collection of pinball machines (and a reasonable way to get them to that space), and a media space. It's a lot, and while I've actually checked all of those boxes, I don't have exclamation points in any of them. Adding on may be an option, but taxes here are so high that it probably makes sense to get out as soon as the kids are out of school.

Rambles. I'll get pictures of the various stages and new space once I get things a little more setup.

#14179 4 years ago

Love the game room pics. My room is finally dry walled, ceiling is hung
    and floor is down. Now to decorate!

#14180 4 years ago
    20191117_125536 (resized).jpg20191117_125536 (resized).jpg20191117_125545 (resized).jpg20191117_125545 (resized).jpgIMG-20191117-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20191117-WA0001 (resized).jpg
    #14181 4 years ago

I recently unlocked the "flood" achievement in my gameroom.

Ugh. Been there, done that. Hope you didn't lose much. It's never a fun time when that happens

Chris

#14182 4 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

[quoted image]

excellent balance, love it

#14183 4 years ago

I 'required' a 3 car garage for a golf sim

wait, you have a golf simulator?

#14184 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

wait, you have a golf simulator?

Yes, but not currently setup. Here are some pictures of what it looked like at my old place.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #14185 4 years ago

Geez if I had one of those, I'd never leave the house...

#14186 4 years ago

how accurately can those things measure velocity, spin, and whatever else?

#14187 4 years ago

Yes, but not currently setup. Here are some pictures of what it looked like at my old place.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice to see a golf sim set up with Perfect Golf. I had hoped to do that in my basement, but it was a foot too short. I have 4 different courses I converted from my Links2003 designs for play in Perfect Golf. Just never felt they were good enough for release.

dwan18 (resized).jpgdwan18 (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #14188 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

how accurately can those things measure velocity, spin, and whatever else?

I have a Skytrak unit. In my experience it's very accurate, and mimics what I would expect to see on the course very well. The hardware now is about $1,600? So not cheap, but not ridiculous considering our primary hobby. I had a custom green made with a cutout for my hitting mat, a projector and impact screen, and a "cage" of sorts. But really, you could get away with just the Skytrak unit, an iPad or PC, and (probably) a net.

There are fees associated with software, but the basic range software is free to use. I used that the most, but the course software can be fun as long as you understand that the short game stuff is decidedly less precise. I would set my gimme distance to 6feet, and limit to 3 putts. With that, my scores were pretty dead on with my real life scores.

#14189 4 years ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

Nice to see a golf sim set up with Perfect Golf. I had hoped to do that in my basement, but it was a foot too short. I have 4 different courses I converted from my Links2003 designs for play in Perfect Golf. Just never felt they were good enough for release.[quoted image][quoted image]

Perfect Golf was pretty good. The problem now is that the license was pulled from Skytrak, so I no longer have that as an option for simulation. There are other options, the most notable being The Golf Club. I had a demo version of that, and while it looked great, there was only one set of tees on most courses, and most of those are setup for those not using simulation. I can't play a championship course from the tips... or at least not while having fun. I think that may have been remedied in the 2019 version, so I plan to look into it once I get everything setup again.

I found a loophole in e6 software that allowed me to continue my demo by setting my system time back to that window. It only allowed me one course, but it would be enough to hold me over while I decide on what software might deserve my roughly $1k...

#14190 4 years ago

The hardware now is about $1,600? So not cheap, but not ridiculous considering our primary hobby

hahaha yeah $1600 is a bargain in these here parts! Most people would be happy to get a rough solid state machine for that price.

Is there a golf-sim club on this board? If not you should probably start a thread. I think a lot of people might be enticed to get into something like that if they knew the price was accessible. It's like racing sim setups... Most people just don't know it's A Thing that they do.
    thanks for sharing the details.

#14191 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I think a lot of people might be enticed to get into something like that if they knew the price was accessible

Oh boy can they get out of hand very quickly. Im converting a garage spot for mine and there’s a lot of components if you want to really trick it out. The sim, computer to control it, projector, hitting screen, mat to hit off, netting to create the stall, etc. Could easily add up to $5000 without batting an eye.

#14192 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Oh boy can they get out of hand very quickly. Im converting a garage spot for mine and there’s a lot of components if you want to really trick it out. The sim, computer to control it, projector, hitting screen, mat to hit off, netting to create the stall, etc. Could easily add up to $5000 without batting an eye.

And $5K is about the same price as a Homepin Thunderbirds NIB. I'd rather have the golf simulator

#14193 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Are you making any major changes to your garage? I've been going back and forth between making a convertible setup (with a fold up hitting area, and sliding curtains), and something more permanent with studded walls.

#14194 4 years ago

Are you making any major changes to your garage? I've been going back and forth between making a convertible setup (with a fold up hitting area, and sliding curtains), and something more permanent with studded walls.

Not doing any major changes but am setting it up really nice. I’ve been planning this for 2 years and have it all worked out finally so now it’s time to implement it in the spring. I’ll be painting the whole garage bay black including ceiling. The screen I’ll be getting from http://www.westcoastnetting.com/netting-products/sports/golf-barrier/impact.html. It will be appx 11’ wide by 10’ high. Then I’ll have a floor to ceiling blackout curtain that can be pulled open or closed to separate the area from rest of garage. The projector will be a short throw HD that will be mounted over my head about 11’ from the screen. I’ll be swinging from about 10’ from screen. The mat will be a large 5’x5’ pad and then I’ll be laying outdoor faux grass carpeting throughout the rest of the area to finish it all off.

#14195 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

hahaha yeah $1600 is a bargain in these here parts! Most people would be happy to get a rough solid state machine for that price.
    Is there a golf-sim club on this board? If not you should probably start a thread. I think a lot of people might be enticed to get into something like that if they knew the price was accessible. It's like racing sim setups... Most people just don't know it's A Thing that they do.
    thanks for sharing the details.

Just watched a couple sell in the low 2ks. Canadian funds. Prices have really dropped on them lately. Seen them as low as $1200 on kijiji but not sure on hardware/system

#14196 4 years ago

Alright game room guru's I need your help. Just had my black light carpet installed and I added some black light strip lights and some bulbs to my ceiling fan but it doesn't seem bright enough. The strip lights are ok but the fan lights are about worthless. Need some ideas so I can make this carpet glow! The picture actually makes it look better than it does in person.

20191121_192735 (resized).jpg20191121_192735 (resized).jpg
    #14197 4 years ago

That doesn’t look like black light to me. More like purple replica black light

#14198 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

That doesn’t look like black light to me. More like purple replica black light

Edit, the shades look like it’s black light, but something still seems weird

#14199 4 years ago

Yeah, the 60w bulbs suck.

#14200 4 years ago
    Quoted from bowtech:

Alright game room guru's I need your help. Just had my black light carpet installed and I added some black light strip lights and some bulbs to my ceiling fan but it doesn't seem bright enough. The strip lights are ok but the fan lights are about worthless. Need some ideas so I can make this carpet glow! The picture actually makes it look better than it does in person.[quoted image]

Looks like it’s modeled after the Sopranos!

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/284 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.