Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 477.
    #1351 10 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

\
    Thanks man, not quite there yet, but it should happen. What do you guys think of replacing the tile with wood flooring?

Everyone has some great points about tile versus wood flooring. One thing rarely considered is the way flooring dramatically effects the acoustics of a room.
    Me, personally I prefer tile to be in certain areas such as kitchens and bathrooms because there's not a whole lot of noise sources a person would want to pay attention to. A dramatically contrasted example would be a tile floor in a home theater. In that case you have two or more sound sources which you definitely don't want multiple room reflections.

I am not sure if a room full of pins in a highly acoustically reflective room would be versus a lesser one regarding someone who may be sensitive to the noise. I only have two pins and they are EM. If I had a choice in designing a game/entertainment room it would most surely have flooring of thick carpet and I'll do some kind of sound absorbing wall treatment. An acoustically "dead" room naturally sounds warmer and more inviting than its opposite.

#1352 10 years ago
    Quoted from SteveFury:

Everyone has some great points about tile versus wood flooring. One thing rarely considered is the way flooring dramatically effects the acoustics of a room.
    Me, personally I prefer tile to be in certain areas such as kitchens and bathrooms because there's not a whole lot of noise sources a person would want to pay attention to. A dramatically contrasted example would be a tile floor in a home theater. In that case you have two or more sound sources which you definitely don't want multiple room reflections.
    I am not sure if a room full of pins in a highly acoustically reflective room would be versus a lesser one regarding someone who may be sensitive to the noise. I only have two pins and they are EM. If I had a choice in designing a game/entertainment room it would most surely have flooring of thick carpet and I'll do some kind of sound absorbing wall treatment. An acoustically "dead" room naturally sounds warmer and more inviting than its opposite.

The room in question, the one in the pics is where I am considering the wood. To be honest, im not a real serious audiophile, so the feel and the look of the room are more what I would be interested in. I do want to get a decent home theater setup and certainly some carpet would have to be added, most likely in the seating area. I wont have that many pins I don't think, probably two, maybe three. I wont be doing anything until I get home and this tile is brand new and looks pretty good. Its just something about wood that intrigues me..

Thank you for your input, it is definitely things to consider.

#1353 10 years ago

Gameroom as of today.

IMG_0818.JPGIMG_0818.JPG IMG_0819.JPGIMG_0819.JPG IMG_0820.JPGIMG_0820.JPG IMG_0821.JPGIMG_0821.JPG IMG_0822.JPGIMG_0822.JPG

#1354 10 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

Gameroom as of today.

Looks good! Nice mix of Stern, WPC, DE and Sega DMD era games. Need a Stargate now to represent Gottlieb!

#1355 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Looks good! Nice mix of Stern, WPC, DE and Sega DMD era games. Need a Stargate now to represent Gottlieb!

That is funny you should say that. I went to look at one yesterday and came home with Congo instead. The SG had to much wear on the playfield for my liking.

#1356 10 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

The SG had to much wear on the playfield for my liking.

One too many shots at the sarcophagus! SHOOT THE SARCOPHAGUS!

#1357 10 years ago

Here is my little room

IMG_0512.JPGIMG_0512.JPG

#1358 10 years ago

Sweet collections and rooms fellow pinheads!

#1359 10 years ago

I love this thread. So many good ideas!

#1360 10 years ago
    Quoted from PlatinumPinMike:

Here is my little room

Very nice room indeed!

#1361 10 years ago

I'm in the process of picking out an Amish-made shed/garage from a company in Lancaster PA. Ever since the roof to my garage collapsed (luckily nothing important but tools in there), I've been thinking it would be perfect real estate for a gameroom.

#1362 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballsmith:

I'm in the process of picking out an Amish-made shed/garage from a company in Lancaster PA.

What's the name of the company? Do they have a website?

#1363 10 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Do they have a website?

They better not.

#1364 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

They better not.

maybe the internet has a hand crank somewhere

#1365 10 years ago

Wow! This is awesome! You can't go wrong with the Turtles machine!

#1366 10 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

What's the name of the company? Do they have a website?

There are several. Just Google "Amish built Shed"

Seriously.

Chris

#1367 10 years ago

I wonder which CMS Brother Ezekial prefers when he develops his websites?

#1368 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

There are several. Just Google "Amish built Shed"

I'll try to google amish shed

#1369 10 years ago

Soon, baby!

#1370 10 years ago

I will hopefully post my gameroom pics once I get Pin #4.

#1371 10 years ago
    Quoted from PlatinumPinMike:

Here is my little room

Nice Mike

#1372 10 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

Gameroom as of today.

Very nice! You have a lot of titles I never played.

#1373 10 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Here is what I have to work with.

Looks like a great room for a collection.

#1375 10 years ago

I like this thread. I've got to post some pics soon because of this.

No one fights here, it doesn't matter what your machine tastes are, everyone always gets along here.

#1376 10 years ago

Just four as of right now, always looking for more..

#1377 10 years ago

Our Little game room. still a work in progress. Next to space station not shown is a Baby Pacman that I have plans to get working, and a 60 in 1 jamma machine next to that. The Robotron has some monitor problems and Beer tapper runs but I didn't turn it on for the picture.
    Both the Robotron and Tapper are my wife's that she has had since the 80's.

gameroom1.jpggameroom1.jpg gameroom2.jpggameroom2.jpg gameroom3.jpggameroom3.jpg

#1378 10 years ago

Pics didn't show up last time.. Just added a beautiful Addams Family to my collection..

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1379 10 years ago

Just received my new swapbox from John, looks pretty cool in the gameroom!

IMG_0801.JPGIMG_0801.JPG IMG_0515.JPGIMG_0515.JPG IMG_0514.JPGIMG_0514.JPG

#1380 10 years ago

might as well ditch the couch now.....that wall is gonna look cool behind a row of pins!

#1381 10 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

might as well ditch the couch now.....that wall is gonna look cool behind a row of pins!

I have a feeling that's what will happen as time goes on. There is a TV on the wall opposite of the couches, but why not stand and watch a little TV?

#1382 10 years ago

Looks great Buckles!

#1383 10 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

First thing I thought as well. Couches? We don't need no stinking couches.

Chris

#1384 10 years ago

Looks great Buckles. I have to swing by some time to put some plays on your Tron MM and ACDC.

And have to agree about that couch. Wasting WAY too much pin space there. You could fit 4 pins in there!

#1385 10 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Looks great Buckles. I have to swing by some time to put some plays on your Tron MM and ACDC.

And have to agree about that couch. Wasting WAY too much pin space there. You could fit 4 pins in there!

You definitely have to stop by one day and play some pinball, and I still have to get back to Edmonton one day as well (my dad was just out here for 3 weeks visiting us, so not sure when I'll make it back that way).

I'm trying to get rid of the couch as fast as I can, I've bought 3 machines since last Summer and the basement is filling up quickly!

#1386 10 years ago

Got a phatty Tron Banner for my BDay and took a sweet Panoramic pic after hanging it

panoramic-pinball.jpgpanoramic-pinball.jpg

#1387 10 years ago

Is that machine to the left right next to a window??

#1388 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

It is but its only a Monster Bash, so no biggie

#1390 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Got a phatty Tron Banner for my BDay and took a sweet Panoramic pic after hanging it

Very nice!

#1391 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

There is actually two windows right there and the blinds stay closed 99% of the time plus a shaded/covered patio is right outside. Trust me Ted, the UV boogie monsters stay away from my pins

Quoted from bluevegas:

It is but its only a Monster Bash, so no biggie

Hehe. You jerk

#1392 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Trust me Ted, the UV boogie monsters stay away from my pins

I like the sound of that. Speaking of UV Boogie Monsters...you getting a Predator?

2 weeks later
    #1393 10 years ago

TRYING to get the basement cleaned up, LOL. Here's how it sits at the moment: basement2.jpgbasement2.jpg basement3.jpgbasement3.jpg basement4.jpgbasement4.jpg

#1394 10 years ago

One more.

basement1.jpgbasement1.jpg

#1395 10 years ago

TRYING to get the basement cleaned up, LOL. Here's how it sits at the moment:

Very nice Silver!

#1396 10 years ago

Thanks.

I need to get in the habit of not tossing stuff under the pins. It's just too convenient to store stuff under there!

LOL

Chris

#1397 10 years ago

Still finishing my cyclone, I've been a little busy since the last few week so I did not put to many hours into it. It was the week of my girlfriend prom so as mine

IMG_8126.JPGIMG_8126.JPG IMG_8294.JPGIMG_8294.JPG DSC00087.JPGDSC00087.JPG

#1398 10 years ago

Thanks.
    I need to get in the habit of not tossing stuff under the pins. It's just too convenient to store stuff under there!
    LOL
    Chris

No worries, looks like you have the room

#1399 10 years ago

Some rare Williams

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1400 10 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Some rare Williams

Whoa!

That is a nice shot!

Would love to get a Cosmic Gunfight. Nice collection there!

Chris

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.