Topic Stats

• 23,725 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Nicoli125
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240329_010145474 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240329_010155166 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6895 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6906 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6907 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6908 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg

There are 23,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 475.
    #13101 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

For the arcade I took inspiration from the ps3 Pinball Hall of Fame game. I'm relegated to just part of the basement so I got creative to satisfy my needs. I created marque boxes for arcade games I wish there was room for. The Backglass to Space Invaders and Haunted House are my favorites so I used an old infinty mirror for the same look as SI and made a lightbox and printed a transom for HH (looks better than whats pictured). Made my own TouchTunes as well by creating a bezel in front of a light strip and mounting an ipad with jukester installed. The amp is behind the wall. My collection of pins except Hurricane are ones I remember as a kid playing and were innovative. First speech,first multiball, and first toy. I love all games so the rest of the basement I built an English pub/billiard room and a lounge with retro consoles. It took several years but now Im able to relax and enjoy it.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love that bar, would like to see more pics of it.

#13102 4 years ago

Ok need some pics or advice as to where I can get some kickass carpet squares for my game room. I have been looking for months with no luck.

#13103 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

My basement with arcade, 11 seat bar and 10 seat theater. It gets a lot of use.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

and a board game player as well. nice

#13104 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have a DDR too. How much use does that bad dog get for you?

What is the vertigo game?

Overall awesome!

#13105 4 years ago

Awesome couple of game rooms there! Love that Tron arcade. Restored a Tron cocktail and sold it to a guy in London. Now I wish I still had it!!!!

#13106 4 years ago

I really need to stop coming into this thread. It makes me sad for mine

#13107 4 years ago
    Quoted from PeterG:

That is going to be stunning. But with only 7 games in your collection, that would be a spacious setup. Problem with these huge gamerooms is most of the time, how to get it cosy... but you will work that out.

Trouble is, there is only enough room for 7 pins. The rest of the room is already maxed out. But it's a "game" room, not pinball room, so there is some variety.
    _8019725 (resized).JPG_8019725 (resized).JPG_8019727 (resized).JPG_8019727 (resized).JPG_8019719 (resized).JPG_8019719 (resized).JPG_8019729 (resized).JPG_8019729 (resized).JPGantique-slots091318 (resized).jpgantique-slots091318 (resized).jpgcornerview01-091318 (resized).jpgcornerview01-091318 (resized).jpg_8019731 (resized).JPG_8019731 (resized).JPG

#13108 4 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

There is only enough room for 7 pins. But it's a "game" room, not pinball room, so there is some variety.

I like that some game rooms are all pinball, some a mix of pins and vids, and others with a much wider variety (bowlers, pool tables, slot machines, etc.). It would be sad if everyone had the exact same games and there was no variety.

#13109 4 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Trouble is, there is only enough room for 7 pins. The rest of the room is already maxed out. But it's a "game" room, not pinball room, so there is some variety.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Personally love the exposed blacked out ceiling! Great job!

#13110 4 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I love that bar, would like to see more pics of it.

Sure, I had to fit it under the stairs with a pole but still have plenty of room.The casks pumps are fake, I purchased many things from ebay UK pretty cheap since pubs are dying in EU. Authentic stools are impossible to have imported so I converted some antique ones for the same look.This has been an inspiring thread seeing everyones great work!

20190420_110131 (resized).jpg20190420_110131 (resized).jpg20190420_101510 (resized).jpg20190420_101510 (resized).jpg20190420_101649 (resized).jpg20190420_101649 (resized).jpg
    #13111 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Sure, I had to fit it under the stairs with a pole but still have plenty of room.The casks pumps are fake, I purchased many things from ebay UK pretty cheap since pubs are dying in EU. Authentic stools are impossible to have imported so I converted some antique ones for the same look.This has been an inspiring thread seeing everyones great work!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful job - really nice overall look and feel

#13112 4 years ago

Everyone is stepping up their game. These are bars and rooms look great.

I love how everyone’s idea of a game room is different. All may not be my personal style but I appreciate the work and time put into them.

#13113 4 years ago
    image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #13114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Did ya ever think about putting a brass foot rail on yours?

#13115 4 years ago

@Vreuls... so nice to see the kids enjoying your games

#13116 4 years ago

These bars on the last couple of game rooms are amazing.. WOW

#13117 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

Yup....that’ll work.

#13118 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I can totally picture myself drinking a Guinness at that bar. Well done.

#13119 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Everyone is stepping up their game. These are bars and rooms look great.
    I love how everyone’s idea of a game room is different. All may not be my personal style but I appreciate the work and time put into them.

Exactly! I see the ones with led lighting everywhere, blacklight carpets, neon signs, and it looks cool as hell. Then I see one with all wood paneling and an old-school look (like Viggin’s), and it looks cool as hell. They just all look cool as hell, thanks everyone for continuing to post your pictures.

#13120 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

Super nice
    What are the specs on that supercade multi?
    Is that a full size machine or smaller kid model?
    Running mame?

#13121 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I love all games so the rest of the basement I built an English pub/billiard room and a lounge with retro consoles

kudos on the Intellivision.

#13122 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

kudos on the Intellivision.

For sure! Sea Battle is a fantastic head to head game. All the sports games knocked my socks off when it first came out. Blew my Atari 2600 away!

#13123 4 years ago

Game room area.

I have a couple more in garage I am working on

D7D52C54-CFA5-47C6-B02F-464CA9670722 (resized).jpegD7D52C54-CFA5-47C6-B02F-464CA9670722 (resized).jpeg
    #13124 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zwovr6:

Game room area.
    I have a couple more in garage I am working on
    [quoted image]

Awesome lineup, but turn em on for pics!!

#13125 4 years ago

Thanks!

Good idea. Had to keep them off when taking pics cause I end up forgetting taking pics and just playing them....

#13126 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I decided to go with a drywall ceiling. I wanted it to be more of a living space and felt that an open or drop ceiling would make it feel like a basement. I'm sure one day I'll need to punch a hole (or three) in the ceiling, but I'm willing to take that chance. Drywall can be repaired and I'm willing to risk the trade off.
    My dad, who helped me finish the basement, was 100% against the drywall. Just like when I was a kid, I decided not to listen.

Been debating this for a few months now. I think its going to be drywall. It gets me a few more inches of height vs the crummy drop ceiling in there now. Drywall is cheap and easy to open up and patch if I ever need to get back in there. The only drawback is it is a bit messier to open up. Will be painting it a dark grey or flat black. Open isn’t a great option for me because i want to keep the insulation in.

Also with ya on wanting it to feel like a living space.

#13127 4 years ago

Another alternative that I did in my shop and part of my cabin basement is to put up 1/4" plywood. I found some with a nice grain pattern and just put some satin clear on and used black pocket hole screws. Fairly easy to put up, don't have to tape and mud, easy to pop a panel or two back off if needed and put back up when done. You can get OCD making sure all the screws line up if you like, and could use furring strips on the seams if you wanted that look, or even paint or stain dark if you wanted. You can kind of see it in this pic. I did add furring strips around the outside edge and against the duct to cover gaps afterward.

IMG_20180812_144022 (resized).jpgIMG_20180812_144022 (resized).jpg
    #13128 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and a board game player as well. nice

I do play board games but that table is covered with Magic the Gathering cards specifically. For those that know what that is, I have nearly a complete Legacy collection worth about $40,000.

Quoted from jorge5240:

I have a DDR too. How much use does that bad dog get for you?
    What is the vertigo game?
    Overall awesome!

The DDR gets a lot of use at parties and sometimes my kids turn it on if they have friends over. My oldest son dominates on it but he is a superb athlete.

The Vertigo is a cabinet made by VPcabs. It has all of the Pinball FX games with nudge buttons, many of the best classic pins virtually and quite a few older/classic vertical video games. It runs off a PC. My favorite part (the reason I bought it) was for the way it plays the Pinball FX games like they were made for it.

Quoted from rollinover:

Super nice
    What are the specs on that supercade multi?
    Is that a full size machine or smaller kid model?
    Running mame?

It has a PC and 5 TB hard drive running Hyperspin with every home console/arcade game from Pong through PS2 and a bunch of modded games and other stuff. It is a custom full-size machine (the monitor is 42" and it is about 6' tall) made by Arcades R Fun. It cost just over $5000.

#13129 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I have nearly a complete Legacy collection worth about $40,000.

Never thought Magic cards could be that valuable. Learn something new everyday.

#13130 4 years ago

You guys have some pretty sweet game room setups! I just did a video of mine feel free to check it out!

#13131 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darkfader:

You guys have some pretty sweet game room setups! I just did a video of mine feel free to check it out!

Well done walk through! Really enjoyed that and a great little game room with some unique pieces.

#13132 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darkfader:

Very very nice sir.

#13133 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darkfader:

You have video showing the audio replacement on big lebowski shuffle board?

#13134 4 years ago

Nice walk through video! Do you have one of game play on Big Lebowski?

#13135 4 years ago

Oops

#13136 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

It has a PC and 5 TB hard drive running Hyperspin with every home console/arcade game from Pong through PS2 and a bunch of modded games and other stuff. It is a custom full-size machine (the monitor is 42" and it is about 6' tall) made by Arcades R Fun. It cost just over $5000.

I have one from Arcades R Fun also. Question for you. Do most of the original Atari games not work on yours? I really want to play those on mine but the controls don't seem to work on them.

#13137 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darkfader:

Well done! You have some really unique things there. That basketball game looks like a lot of fun.

#13138 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darkfader:

I didn't immediately search eBay for "Star Wars pachinko" after watching this video. YOU DID.

#13139 4 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

Hell, Even years ago beta cards would fetch big money. Mox Jet used to command big time money.

#13140 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Hell, Even years ago beta cards would fetch big money. Mox Jet used to command big time money.

Not doubting worth, but if someone has 40gs that they can get now, well get it. Is the game as popular as it once was?

#13141 4 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Not doubting worth, but if someone has 40gs that they can get now, well get it. Is the game as popular as it once was?

It’s 10x more popular.

#13142 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darkfader:

Great room and great vid.

#13143 4 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

A single Magic card sold for $166,000 recently on Ebay.

Quoted from gliebig:

I have one from Arcades R Fun also. Question for you. Do most of the original Atari games not work on yours? I really want to play those on mine but the controls don't seem to work on them.

I haven't really played them much, honestly. I usually only play MAME.

#13144 4 years ago
    20190503_133630 (resized).jpg20190503_133630 (resized).jpg20190503_133700 (resized).jpg20190503_133700 (resized).jpg
    #13145 4 years ago

Been having some fun with LED strips. Lit up behind my games, my bookcase, and my gumball machine.
    CD40F871-3EBD-421E-AFCF-371D33CA5012 (resized).jpegCD40F871-3EBD-421E-AFCF-371D33CA5012 (resized).jpeg
    4DE83223-8664-47FF-AD78-5D4E21A70CF3 (resized).jpeg4DE83223-8664-47FF-AD78-5D4E21A70CF3 (resized).jpeg

E9296CC1-044C-4839-84C6-4801C35D06F8 (resized).jpegE9296CC1-044C-4839-84C6-4801C35D06F8 (resized).jpeg
    #13146 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Been having some fun with LED strips. Lit up behind my games, my bookcase, and my gumball machine.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

The strips look fantastic on the bookshelves- great idea!

#13147 4 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

I didn't immediately search eBay for "Star Wars pachinko" after watching this video. YOU DID.

I saw a Space Battleship Yamata (aka Star Blazers) Pachinko a few months back on CL. Wish I hadn't passed up on that one. At least I still have my Yamato Pachislo.

Resized_20160726_111744 (resized).jpegResized_20160726_111744 (resized).jpeg
    #13148 4 years ago

HAVE.TO.UNSUBSCRIBE.FROM.THIS.THREAD

You guys are killing me

#13149 4 years ago

These rooms are a slice of heaven ... Well done

#13150 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

The strips look fantastic on the bookshelves- great idea!

Thank you! I love my books as much as my pins.

There are 23,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 475.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/263?hl=darkfader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.