Topic Stats

• 23,721 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by toaster777
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg
    20240324_164009 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163842 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163742 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163730 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163712 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163705 (resized).jpg

There are 23,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 475.
    #13051 4 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

I am going to order me some that same design! What do you suggest for the lighting? I was thinking some uv strips under the cab of pins.

That would certainly work. I used to use similar lighting.

Now I use RGB LED lighting. Mostly jelly domes as the whole house is linked with them and they are synced together. The RGB LED does have an effect on the glow in the dark carpet and does make it pop just like black light.

#13052 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

The collection grows. [quoted image]

Didn't realize that you had JJPOTC.... I want one of those... Someday.

#13053 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

The collection grows. [quoted image]

Super nice collection. Did you end up trading the show Star Trek for a Star Wars? I'll be interested to see what you think of it in a month as I keep getting tempted by it.

#13054 4 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

Super nice collection. Did you end up trading the show Star Trek for a Star Wars? I'll be interested to see what you think of it in a month as I keep getting tempted by it.

Yes I did. Worked out a deal with the amazing ZMeny from flip n out pinball and my son just about flipped his lid when he saw me come home with Star Wars instead of Star Trek. We played it at MGC and it shoots super smooth. The fork ramp shot is challenging but like butter when you hit it, no problem. The hyperloop is freakin sweet. I think the SW pin is pretty underrated, it has lots of nice ramps and loops, cool toy in the death start and tie fighter, and the theme integration is great. Has some nice deep code too with lots of movie clips, sounds, and music!

#13055 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nikrox2:

(Why does the room look so small once I put the games in there?

Because you have to much furniture in there.

#13056 4 years ago

Added a beautiful HUO WOZ ECLE to the gameroom.

IMG_20180920_141523 (resized).jpgIMG_20180920_141523 (resized).jpgIMG_20180920_141447 (resized).jpgIMG_20180920_141447 (resized).jpgIMG_20190415_200531 (resized).jpgIMG_20190415_200531 (resized).jpgIMG_20180920_141508 (resized).jpgIMG_20180920_141508 (resized).jpg
    #13057 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nikrox2:

I don’t have any of those fancy expensive new games but almost finished here in Ohio. (Why does the room look so small once I put the games in there? Lol)
    Some small details to finish up and then I can start back on fixing a couple of EM’s still needing some TLC
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

nice room, couple of games and a full bar, what else do you need.

#13058 4 years ago

Not much of an update to my game room, but Scared Stiff took the place of Flash and did get custom rugs made for under SS and JD. Already had the WOZ rug from eBay.

20190416_091218 (resized).jpg20190416_091218 (resized).jpg20190416_090924 (resized).jpg20190416_090924 (resized).jpg20190416_090930 (resized).jpg20190416_090930 (resized).jpg
    #13059 4 years ago

Can't get a decent head on picture due to a few poles in the way.Got rid of Alien Poker and Pinball Pool, brought in TOTAN and MBr SE.

Lineup3 (resized).jpgLineup3 (resized).jpgLineup2 (resized).jpgLineup2 (resized).jpgLineup (resized).jpgLineup (resized).jpg
    #13060 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrfp:

Got rid of Alien Poker and Pinball Pool, brought in TOTAN and MBr SE.

Nice group of pins, but why is your ToM translite so dark?

#13061 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Nice group of pins, but why is your ToM translite so dark?

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I'll see if it that drastic in person - no one has mentioned it when I've had other pinball people over to play. Can't remember if that has LEDs behind the translite, I know the rest do.

#13062 4 years ago

Hey Guys. Been a long time since I posted my game room here. Alas, my game room (https://www.aaarpinball.com/GameRoom/GameRoom.htm) is no more as I'm moving. But I'm getting my new basement setup, so I'd like to ask...

Looking for input for ceiling of finished basement for game room... I'm moving away from drop ceiling to real ceiling. What do you prefer:

1) Basement ceiling is about 7' 9" across the entire room. Classic ceiling
    2) Basement ceiling is ~ 8' 3" in some places, 7' 9" in other places. Notably a beam across the center of the room would go down to 7' 9" and effectively divide the ceiling, as well as some other places where the ceiling would need to go down for duct work, etc.

In short, totally "flat" ceiling that's a bit lower or a ceiling that changes height here and there, giving you some extra height here and there?

... Altan

Teardown of original game room in progresss...

IMG_2047 (resized).jpegIMG_2047 (resized).jpeg

#13063 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrfp:

Can't get a decent head on picture due to a few poles in the way.Got rid of Alien Poker and Pinball Pool, brought in TOTAN and MBr SE.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quite the trade-off

#13064 4 years ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon: did get custom rugs made for under SS and JD.

Where do you get custom rugs made?
    Those are pretty cool!

#13065 4 years ago

those interested in nanoleafs, looks like the makers have made a cheaper open source version:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3354082

#13066 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Where do you get custom rugs made?
    Those are pretty cool!

https://www.americanfloormats.com/jet-print-logo-mats/

Not cheap, but good quality and this company doesnt reject your art for copyright reasons, they put it all on you with a waiver...

#13067 4 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

Hey Guys. Been a long time since I posted my game room here. Alas, my game room (https://www.aaarpinball.com/GameRoom/GameRoom.htm) is no more as I'm moving. But I'm getting my new basement setup, so I'd like to ask...
    Looking for input for ceiling of finished basement for game room... I'm moving away from drop ceiling to real ceiling. What do you prefer:
    2) Basement ceiling is ~ 8' 3" in some places, 7' 9" in other places. Notably a beam across the center of the room would go down to 7' 9" and effectively divide the ceiling, as well as some other places where the ceiling would need to go down for duct work, etc.
    In short, totally "flat" ceiling that's a bit lower or a ceiling that changes height here and there, giving you some extra height here and there?
    ... Altan
    [quoted image]

I had that problem too so I just painter my bare floor joists, beam going down the middle and duct work flat black and in places put lit up pf and things on the floor joists. Looks REALLY good with my black light carpet and bare flat black painted walls.

#13068 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Basket ball game has arrived!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

If you're ever playing that game and you're up by 31 points, don't let up.

#13069 4 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

Teardown of original game room in progress.

It looks like your Indiana Jones poster is wrinkled and none of the games look playable in the positions they are in.

Just helping you tear down your game room.

#13070 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

It looks like your Indiana Jones poster is wrinkled and none of the games look playable in the positions they are in.
    Just helping you tear down your game room.

I may be tired, but this made me laugh out loud.

Chris

#13071 4 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

If you're ever playing that game and you're up by 31 points, don't let up.

3 championships in 4 years. If I can accomplish that I will feel pretty good.

#13072 4 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

Do you have pipes in there? A finished drywall flat ceiling looks great but I would be afraid to close off completely an area that you may need access to for valves, or if you have a kitchen above I would be afraid of leaks. No matter how careful you are one day a dishwasher overflows or a sink or refrigerator line and you are toast.

#13073 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

3 championships in 4 years. If I can accomplish that I will feel pretty good.

I would hope so when they have everyone in the league worth an isht not named LeBron.

#13074 4 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I would hope so when they have everyone in the league worth an isht not named LeBron.

We will get back to game room stuff.

How did that work out for LeBron this year?

I think the other 29 teams would have be happy to switch places.

One game, they are probably going to win the title and then Durant will leave. And guess what, they will still be the favorite next year.

Now back to the awesome game rooms. And where the heck is my battle pod???

#13075 4 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

... Altan
    [quoted image]

I tore down my drop ceiling, cleaned up all the wires and painted (well my painters did) everything a flat dark gray. I think they call it a raw ceiling but I also might have just made that up lol. I think it turned out great, it really adds height to the room, and everyone that comes over really loves the way it looks.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #13076 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I tore down my drop ceiling, cleaned up all the wires and painted (well my painters did) everything a flat dark gray. I think they call it a raw ceiling but I also might have just made that up lol. I think it turned out great, it really adds height to the room, and everyone that comes over really loves the way it looks. [quoted image]

You can do soooo much with an open ceiling like that, I sure did.

#13077 4 years ago

I decided to go with a drywall ceiling. I wanted it to be more of a living space and felt that an open or drop ceiling would make it feel like a basement. I'm sure one day I'll need to punch a hole (or three) in the ceiling, but I'm willing to take that chance. Drywall can be repaired and I'm willing to risk the trade off.

My dad, who helped me finish the basement, was 100% against the drywall. Just like when I was a kid, I decided not to listen.

#13078 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I decided to go with a drywall ceiling. I wanted it to be more of a living space and felt that an open or drop ceiling would make it feel like a basement. I'm sure one day I'll need to punch a hole (or three) in the ceiling, but I'm willing to take that chance. Drywall can be repaired and I'm willing to risk the trade off.
    My dad, who helped me finish the basement, was 100% against the drywall. Just like when I was a kid, I decided not to listen.

I will vote for the closed ceiling, I use my room as a regular part of the house. I get the open black space argument but I am lucky that my adjoining shop and and utility area have open ceilings and I can fish things from there into almost any ceiling area if needed. I like the look of my drywall ceiling with LEDs disc style pots lights.

#13079 4 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

... Altan
    [quoted image]

Tough decision. I’m in the process of remodeling my basement gameroom and opted to frame around the center beam and ductwork so I could have a higher ceiling in most of the room.
    I was able to extended some of the ductwork so it would all be within a single frame around the center beam. If I had to make multiple boxes, I would probably have gone a different route.

F0004304-4091-42E8-9718-1E69C936247C (resized).jpegF0004304-4091-42E8-9718-1E69C936247C (resized).jpeg
    D6319466-5790-45EA-A6F2-569DC667ED07 (resized).jpegD6319466-5790-45EA-A6F2-569DC667ED07 (resized).jpeg
    659A7EA9-7094-4EA1-BADE-EF77D8D5E303 (resized).jpeg659A7EA9-7094-4EA1-BADE-EF77D8D5E303 (resized).jpeg

#13080 4 years ago

A little bit of both... I did a drywall box around the center beam/duct and drop ceiling everywhere else. I have made several wiring and plumbing changes over the years. The drop ceiling made it all easy.

light-13 (resized).jpglight-13 (resized).jpg

#13081 4 years ago

Thanks for all the ceiling comments. Having had a drop ceiling for 18 years, the benefits are very clear. Easy to do just about anything. The negative, well, it looks like a drop ceiling (aka basement). Drop ceilings are a divisive topic. Some love 'em, some hate 'em.

In my new place, I'm going with a traditional ceiling because the home is smaller and I want to ensure the basement doesn't have the key attribute of a basement (drop ceiling or open ceiling, both of which can be awesome). It's on ground level too (built on hill), so I can pretend it's not a basement.

Need to decide in the next few days. Will provide pics as it progresses!

#13082 4 years ago

Drop ceiling has it’s advantages when there are issues but drywall is always the cleaner and higher-end look. I’ve had drywall for 10+ years and never had an issue and if there is a plumbing issue someday, it’s just drywall so easy to fix.

Another way of looking at it... if you want beauty over practicality (you are building a nice space), then do drywall ceiling. If practicality is your highest priority and you don’t care as much about the look and feel of the place, then do drop.

#13083 4 years ago

I have had a few different game rooms in former houses, with both drywall and drop grids. Good points, bad points. My current space has no covering and the joists/ducts are painted black. It is my favorite yet.

I installed 78 outlets on the walls when I built the room, and have added another 15 or so outlets on the ceiling since then. Not having to mess with drywall made adding these outlets a breeze. Rattle-can the box and wiring black, and it blends perfectly. Having 9 ft. ceilings helps an awful lot

I am convinced that for a game room environment, the open ceiling hits the mark nicely and takes advantage of the open space.
    img10 (resized).jpgimg10 (resized).jpgimg11 (resized).jpgimg11 (resized).jpgimg12 (resized).jpgimg12 (resized).jpg

#13084 4 years ago

That is going to be stunning. But with only 7 games in your collection, that would be a spacious setup. Problem with these huge gamerooms is most of the time, how to get it cosy... but you will work that out.

#13085 4 years ago
    Quoted from PeterG:

Problem with these huge gamerooms is most of the time, how to get it cosy

Wish I had that problem...…… mines approx. 12x20

#13086 4 years ago

You could always dress up the ceiling a little bit with whatever you like. In my case it's 125 of what I liked....
    John

playfield ceiling (resized).jpgplayfield ceiling (resized).jpg
    #13087 4 years ago
    Quoted from PeterG:

That is going to be stunning. But with only 7 games in your collection, that would be a spacious setup. Problem with these huge gamerooms is most of the time, how to get it cosy... but you will work that out.

His room has been complete for years. Just search this name here. Very awesome game room!

The open beam look works well when you have 9ft ceilings like @ramegoom. Personally on 8ft ceilings it looks like a unfinished basement to me and drywall is best.

#13088 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

The open beam look works well when you have 9ft ceilings like ramegoom. Personally on 8ft ceilings it looks like a unfinished basement to me and drywall is best.

My ceiling is less then 8 feet and I have exposed joists. There was a drop ceiling that I removed, mostly because I don’t like the look; but REALLY I removed it to fit the topper on Game of Thrones. The game is lined up under a joist and the dragons wings flap up into the spaces between the joists. The topper wouldn’t fit any other way. The playfield barely opens, but there’s enough room to flip it up if needed.

#13089 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

You could always dress up the ceiling a little bit with whatever you like. In my case it's 125 of what I liked....
    John
    [quoted image]

125 playfields on your ceiling?

Edit: With >70 games listed on your profile I guess that’s probably right.

#13090 4 years ago

For the arcade I took inspiration from the ps3 Pinball Hall of Fame game. I'm relegated to just part of the basement so I got creative to satisfy my needs. I created marque boxes for arcade games I wish there was room for. The Backglass to Space Invaders and Haunted House are my favorites so I used an old infinty mirror for the same look as SI and made a lightbox and printed a transom for HH (looks better than whats pictured). Made my own TouchTunes as well by creating a bezel in front of a light strip and mounting an ipad with jukester installed. The amp is behind the wall. My collection of pins except Hurricane are ones I remember as a kid playing and were innovative. First speech,first multiball, and first toy. I love all games so the rest of the basement I built an English pub/billiard room and a lounge with retro consoles. It took several years but now Im able to relax and enjoy it.

20181213_224821 (resized).jpg20181213_224821 (resized).jpg20181213_224755 (resized).jpg20181213_224755 (resized).jpg20190419_074007 (resized).jpg20190419_074007 (resized).jpg20190419_073808 (resized).jpg20190419_073808 (resized).jpg20190419_074140 (resized).jpg20190419_074140 (resized).jpg20190419_074424 (resized).jpg20190419_074424 (resized).jpg20190419_074527 (resized).jpg20190419_074527 (resized).jpg20190419_074713 (resized).jpg20190419_074713 (resized).jpg
    #13091 4 years ago

Beautiful room!!!

#13092 4 years ago

Just starting the basement renos and have a question regarding speakers. Room is 16x36. Are you guys going with ceiling speakers? How many are needed and brand recommendations? Really intrigued by the touchscreen jukeboxes ive seen here and want to do something similar. I have towers currently but want to go with a cleaner, less cluttered look. Thanks

#13093 4 years ago

I went with these

Polk Audio RC80i 2-way Premium In-Ceiling 8" Round Speakers, Set of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006BMQT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_57DUCbB984G08

Very happy with the results, much better bass reproduction than previous set. I have two sets as I have multiple areas to cover.

#13094 4 years ago

my "game room" is pretty basic. after seeing some of the game rooms here I just might have
    to up the ante.

pinball machines (resized).jpgpinball machines (resized).jpg
    #13095 4 years ago
    Quoted from PINBALLinPA:

my "game room" is pretty basic. after seeing some of the game rooms here I just might have
    to up the ante.
    [quoted image]

Guessing Wonka is your next pin ....

#13096 4 years ago

My basement with arcade, 11 seat bar and 10 seat theater. It gets a lot of use.

20190330_165508 (resized).jpg20190330_165508 (resized).jpg20190330_165240 (resized).jpg20190330_165240 (resized).jpg20190330_165249 (resized).jpg20190330_165249 (resized).jpg20190330_165304 (resized).jpg20190330_165304 (resized).jpg20190330_165333 (resized).jpg20190330_165333 (resized).jpg20190330_165325 (resized).jpg20190330_165325 (resized).jpg20190330_165311 (resized).jpg20190330_165311 (resized).jpg20190330_165443 (resized).jpg20190330_165443 (resized).jpg20190330_165344 (resized).jpg20190330_165344 (resized).jpg20190330_165354 (resized).jpg20190330_165354 (resized).jpg20190330_165407 (resized).jpg20190330_165407 (resized).jpg20190330_165421 (resized).jpg20190330_165421 (resized).jpg20190330_165429 (resized).jpg20190330_165429 (resized).jpg
    #13097 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WTF....Your Gameroom is Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!

#13098 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Terrific gameroom! What gets the most play?

#13099 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Terrific gameroom! What gets the most play?

The theater or Magic the Gathering cards get used the most! HAHA! As far as games, Medieval Madness probably has the most hours on it as it is a favorite of several people that are frequently at my house but Pirates of the Caribbean, the Hydro Thunders, the Ultracade, PGA Tour Golf, the JVL touchscreen at the bar and foosball all get a lot of use, too. I have five children aged 5 to 13 and they have a lot of friends over. We have a pool so that gets used a lot in the summer and I have a LAN in another room in the basement that gets used for multiplayer deathmatches. When we have large adult parties, the Pac-man, the pool table (9'), all of the pins, the drivers and the bar get used a lot.

#13100 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Guessing Wonka is your next pin ....

Hahaha!

There are 23,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 475.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/262?hl=jtm3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.