Topic Stats

• 23,721 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by toaster777
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg
    20240324_164009 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163842 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163742 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163730 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163712 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163705 (resized).jpg

There are 23,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 475.
    #12751 5 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

How often do you get a poker game going?

Every other Wednesday with my regulars. About once a month or so with family and friends

#12752 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Little bit of everything

Very nice space! We share a lot of the same interests it seems. I have a smaller, shittier space with a lot of the same (shittier) things.

I've said here ad nauseam - a bristle dart board is an absolute must for any game room. It offers a great compliment to pinball, and takes up practically no active space. And, you can have the best equipment money can buy for under $200. Don't bother with the electronic dart boards - it's like paying more for a zizzle than a commercial pinball machine.

That salt water tank looks really nice. I had a freshwater tank that I really enjoyed, but the monthly water changes became too much of a hassle with kids my age (4, 2, 2). I would consider another tank at some point if I could set it up in such a way to make maintenance easier (fill and drain lines in a room behind the tank, etc).

#12753 5 years ago

Question - are basements typical in North Carolina?

#12754 5 years ago

The garage was initially overflow... but who am i kidding it will never not be needed so i spiffed up floor with one of those epoxy flake dealios.

20190224_094705 (resized).jpg20190224_094705 (resized).jpg20190224_094420 (resized).jpg20190224_094420 (resized).jpg
    #12755 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Question - are basements typical in North Carolina?

I would say that west of Raleigh they are very common. I am just outside of Winston-Salem.

#12756 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Anyway, back to the game room pics
    Took these just now - a little cluttered in the 'movie room' ...
    Little bit of everything - though an extra pin or two would be nice.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What's the details on the framed lighted movie posters? Where, how much etc.

#12757 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a California House bar? I'm thinking of getting one of those as well.
    Nice setup you have there!

#12758 5 years ago
    Quoted from JohnVee:

Is that a California House bar? I'm thinking of getting one of those as well.
    Nice setup you have there!

Thanks! And yes it is California House.

The poker table isn't, I got the poker table from Stine game tables. They even matched the stain from my pool table. http://www.stinegametables.com/

#12759 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Ummmmmm … where's that Weta Smaug bust that I'm jealous of?

#12760 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Ummmmmm … where's that Weta Smaug bust that I'm jealous of?

Lol, left corner of tv room on a pedestal

#12761 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Were nice game room!
    Also nice to see photos of the actual room, which I believe this thread is about.
    I think we all know what a specific title game looks like

#12762 5 years ago

It wouldn’t be hard to make a game name light like that. There’s a lot of mini led spotlights on AliExpress that could be used for under cabinet lights. Here’s a 12v led spotlight for less then $5, your just need to print a tiny image and put it on the end of the lens. I bet with a little searching I could find something that would work perfectly

Look what I found on AliExpress
    http://s.aliexpress.com/NrQjeM7f

065B713C-DD5E-4B0B-8006-C89812FE1027 (resized).png065B713C-DD5E-4B0B-8006-C89812FE1027 (resized).png
    #12763 5 years ago
    Quoted from KJS:

bsd and sof yes, barracora and starlight are maybes.
    If I had room and money wouldn't have sold any of the pins I've ever owned.
    just finished Grand Lizard to go in the line up.
    [quoted image]

That is one nice looking SS game. Great work!

#12764 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What's the details on the framed lighted movie posters? Where, how much etc.

Ditto... those backlit posters look great!

#12765 5 years ago
    Quoted from abracadabra:

Got them from GlowBox a few years ago...
    https://www.glowbox.shop/

You can see my game room in the customer pics... (3rd from the Bottom on left)
    https://www.glowbox.shop/pages/movie-poster-suppliers

#12766 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

It wouldn’t be hard to make a game name light like that. There’s a lot of mini led spotlights on AliExpress that could be used for under cabinet lights. Here’s a 12v led spotlight for less then $5, your just need to print a tiny image and put it on the end of the lens. I bet with a little searching I could find something that would work perfectly

http://s.aliexpress.com/NrQjeM7f

Couldn't you just use transparency paper like what they used for overhead projectors back in the day?

#12767 5 years ago
    Quoted from abracadabra:

You can also do it with a cheap 4K TV and a compute stick. It plays the trailer for the movie displayed every once in awhile and switches as often as you want.

It’s also linked to my server, so when I start a movie, you get the “Now Playing” one that synchronizes with the time left.

3F1844F0-1F23-4CDD-BA38-6392E948DCC9 (resized).jpeg3F1844F0-1F23-4CDD-BA38-6392E948DCC9 (resized).jpeg

818DEA32-7869-49CD-A227-95A971C36D53 (resized).jpeg818DEA32-7869-49CD-A227-95A971C36D53 (resized).jpeg

19AB9121-CBE1-454F-B4EF-9B02096C061A (resized).jpeg19AB9121-CBE1-454F-B4EF-9B02096C061A (resized).jpeg

#12768 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

You can also do it with a cheap 4K TV and a compute stick. It plays the trailer for the movie displayed every once in awhile and switches as often as you want.
    It’s also linked to my server, so when I start a movie, you get the “Now Playing” one that synchronizes with the time left.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That's the way to go.

#12769 5 years ago

I second that. Though the lighted posters are cool!! These you can set to rotate movies or pictures of pins. I would prob make it show B rated movies from the 80's!

#12770 5 years ago

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Nice, hadn't thought of that.

Found this: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-theater-room-items-accessories/2964830-diy-digital-poster-w-raspberry-pi.html

#12771 5 years ago

I haven’t tried the Pi. I went with an Asus Vivo Stick ($100) and the MoviePoster App ($10). It’s really nice in that the software has a web based configuration option. So I can control the app from any device in my house.

#12772 5 years ago

http://s.aliexpress.com/NrQjeM7f[quoted image]

Like many projects, these are easier in concept then application.

#12773 5 years ago

I haven’t tried the Pi. I went with an Asus Vivo Stick ($100) and the MoviePoster App ($10). It’s really nice in that the software has a web based configuration option. So I can control the app from any device in my house.

I don’t think I will replace all 6 of my full-size backlit slim frames with TVs. But I will look into using a nice 27 inch hdmi monitor or tv outside the movie room for that cool effect. Thanks for the information

#12774 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

I don’t think I will replace all 6 of my full-size backlit slim frames with TVs. But I will look into using a nice 27 inch hdmi monitor or tv outside the movie room for that cool effect. Thanks for the information

I definitely wouldn't either. I think they look great and would keep them just as they are. I was more throwing that out there for anyone considering some type of movie poster displays / boxes as an alternative.

Great space you have there by the way.

#12776 5 years ago

lol - that's Kaneda's infamous apartment. There are plenty of stories to be had if you have the time.

#12777 5 years ago

lol - that's Kaneda's infamous apartment. There are plenty of stories to be had if you have the time.

yeah? Do tell.

#12778 5 years ago

Please don't

#12779 5 years ago

Oh.. WOW... well I just googled the guys name and I think I've caught myself up. After reading a wired magazine article on him and pinside.. He lost his fiancé and the arcade/pinball community critique him because he overspent on everything including a magic girl. Oh and some random sorority website tore into him about his bedroom and losing his gf. Missing anything, or am I caught up?

#12780 5 years ago

Unfortunately, there's a lot more. A lot of it I'm not privy to. I'm pretty sure we're not even supposed to mention him here anymore, like he's freaking voldemort.

You can do a little digging into the fix-it-felix fiasco if you're interested. I think a lot of that lives on klov.

He has also claimed to have been responsible for the release of the last GNR album, and apparently played a role in "the dude" stella superbowl ad.

#12781 5 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I just googled Kaneda I think I've caught up, or am I missing anything?

Plus he has been banned from entering Canada as a result of poor spelling.

#12782 5 years ago

How is the focus on that?

#12783 5 years ago

Discussing bar height for our pass through bar/kitchenette counter top. Is 44”-45” countertop height ok? I know that’s considered a “tall” size bar, anyone here have one like that?

#12784 5 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Jumping in with an unsolicited opinion:
    1: WOZ
    2: DI
    3:POTC
    4:TH

I would put them in opposite order . I had a rrwoz , have a Hobbit Le and have a pirates CE on order , just goes to show you everyone's taste is different

#12785 5 years ago

Thats what I would go with, Seems to be a good height!

#12786 5 years ago

These are $1 at Lowe's

2019-03-02 12.23.23.jpg2019-03-02 12.23.23.jpg
    #12787 5 years ago

I wonder if the wife would be mad if I put that on the ceiling in our bedroom

#12788 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

I wonder if the wife would be mad if I put that on the ceiling in our bedroom

Maybe they make a Big Jim Slade one you can put next to it.

1_R57VPNTMbRdJh_TZDMyvOw (resized).png1_R57VPNTMbRdJh_TZDMyvOw (resized).png
    #12789 5 years ago

Can't really show the entire game room with one picture because its broken up across 3 rooms. I have 12 pinball games, 1 pool table, 1 dart board and two multicades, here is an update with the Munsters LE!

IMG_2786 (resized).jpgIMG_2786 (resized).jpg
    #12790 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Curious how you would rank them 1 to 4 being an owner.

Great question... one thing I would say about Jersey Jack is you never really want to sell any if you're a collector because all of their games are like artwork.

If you take out the collectable side of the equation...

1) Pirates
    2) Dialed In
    3) Wizard
    4) Hobbit

I'm already lined up to get Willy Wonka so we'll see how that ends up!

#12791 5 years ago

willy wonka?

#12792 5 years ago

i'd agree on TH ranking.

#12793 5 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Maybe they make a Big Jim Slade one you can put next to it.[quoted image]

LOL, haven’t seen the Kentucky Fried Movie in over twenty-some years.

#12794 5 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

These are $1 at Lowe's
    [quoted image]

and they last about a month before the image is gone. I have one.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Can't really show the entire game room with one picture because its broken up across 3 rooms. I have 12 pinball games, 1 pool table, 1 dart board and two multicades, here is an update with the Munsters LE! [quoted image]

Well post more pictures then. You can post more then one ya know.

#12795 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

and they last about a month before the image is gone. I have one.

Well post more pictures then. You can post more then one ya know.

You must have bought a dud. I just swapped out the Frozen version for the Wonder Woman. The Frozen one has been in my daughter's room for a few years, zero issues, used every night.

2019-03-03 09.05.53.jpg2019-03-03 09.05.53.jpg
    #12796 5 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

You must have bought a dud. I just swapped out the Frozen version for the Wonder Woman. The Frozen one has been in my daughter's room for a few years, zero issues, used every night.[quoted image]

Hmmmmm.

#12797 5 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

LOL it's so great. You owe it to yourself to watch it again soon. I think it is one of the funniest movies of all time.

#12798 5 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I think its on Amazon prime for free right now.

#12799 5 years ago

Of course not mine but thought I’d show the rock and roll HOF setup Nice nod to pinball !

24C0656B-92E9-4965-B64C-87910FBA9D5B (resized).jpeg24C0656B-92E9-4965-B64C-87910FBA9D5B (resized).jpegC8BFBA82-9794-4924-A680-7CDC14F36F13 (resized).jpegC8BFBA82-9794-4924-A680-7CDC14F36F13 (resized).jpeg
    #12800 5 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

LOL it's so great. You owe it to yourself to watch it again soon. I think it is one of the funniest movies of all time.

If you are a Bruce Lee fan at all, Fistful of Yen is one of the most brilliant things ever put on film. It never gets old watching that.

Fistful of Yen transmission 1 - 800x450 (resized).jpgFistful of Yen transmission 1 - 800x450 (resized).jpg

There are 23,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 475.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/256?hl=johnvee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.