Topic Stats

• 23,726 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240329_010145474 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240329_010155166 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6895 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6906 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6907 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6908 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg

There are 23,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 475.
    #12701 5 years ago
    Quoted from KJS:

Getting there in my little 60's architectural shedspace ... room for 15..own 18![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thats a ceiling height I can relate to.

#12702 5 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

I know a little about flooding. Can't believe my sump pump couldn't keep up! Didn't own any pins at the time, they would now be priority #1.
    [quoted image]

That's terrible. Sorry to see that. We had terrible flooding here from Hurricane Harvey. A lot of people still have not recovered.

#12703 5 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

The kid’s trying to point out that if you knock down the brick wall you’ll have more room for pins.

I wish i could. That brick wall is the outside of the house.

#12704 5 years ago

Updated pictures. 1 year ago I had zero pinball machines. I had a basketball game, shuffleboard table and darts. My weight room was also twice as big.

20C59F93-EA82-4138-B7C4-F259810C1EE1 (resized).jpeg20C59F93-EA82-4138-B7C4-F259810C1EE1 (resized).jpeg77B160AE-068B-4127-9FF3-43C2EA6808AA (resized).jpeg77B160AE-068B-4127-9FF3-43C2EA6808AA (resized).jpeg3872762F-DF86-4294-B958-B1F39ED1506C (resized).jpeg3872762F-DF86-4294-B958-B1F39ED1506C (resized).jpeg31F2AF6B-23DF-4BC3-B0E0-BCE3D421649D (resized).jpeg31F2AF6B-23DF-4BC3-B0E0-BCE3D421649D (resized).jpeg9A6C6BC1-4EE8-4E42-A338-92C1BA6B8CA8 (resized).jpeg9A6C6BC1-4EE8-4E42-A338-92C1BA6B8CA8 (resized).jpeg
    #12705 5 years ago
    Quoted from KJS:

Getting there in my little 60's architectural shedspace ... room for 15..own 18![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Soooo...you are selling BSD and SoF?

#12706 5 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Updated pictures. 1 year ago I had zero pinball machines. I had a basketball game, shuffleboard table and darts. My weight room was also twice as big.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You should move Simpsons over next to the other two pins and put the video games next to each other. That would look a lot better and make better use of the room imo.

#12707 5 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

You should move Simpsons over next to the other two pins and put the video games next to each other. That would look a lot better and make better use of the room imo.

I agree. I just got the Wipeout in Thursday and was too lazy to relocate the shelves that are above my homemade Pac-Man multicade. When I get a 4th pin the pac man will go under the stairs by the shuffleboard and darts. I’ve measured and there unfortunately isn’t room for 4 pins on that wall but there is room for 3 and another Arcade1up. My wife is hoping they will release a Tetris.

#12708 5 years ago

Thanks pinside..... now I have to spend 30 minutes re leveling my games!!!! Look how crooked they are!!
    Just kidding. Looks way better and there is more room for shuffleboard now. My next pin will not be a widebody...

8F4B73CF-5742-4A5D-8629-15E25F5AE376 (resized).jpeg8F4B73CF-5742-4A5D-8629-15E25F5AE376 (resized).jpeg
    #12709 5 years ago
    Quoted from KJS:

Amazing collection!!

#12710 5 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

That's terrible. Sorry to see that. We had terrible flooding here from Hurricane Harvey. A lot of people still have not recovered.

Thanks, our flood was about 8 years ago. House hadn't been renovated since 1950 anyway, so we got moving on a lot of stuff earlier than planned. I love living right on the river, so personally it's worth the occasional flood hassle. Though I do hope we never see one like that again!

#12711 5 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

I agree. I just got the Wipeout in Thursday and was too lazy to relocate the shelves that are above my homemade Pac-Man multicade. When I get a 4th pin the pac man will go under the stairs by the shuffleboard and darts. I’ve measured and there unfortunately isn’t room for 4 pins on that wall but there is room for 3 and another Arcade1up. My wife is hoping they will release a Tetris.

Nice. Your gameroom(s) need more pinball. Good start to your addiction.

#12712 5 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

I know a little about flooding. Can't believe my sump pump couldn't keep up! Didn't own any pins at the time, they would now be priority #1.
    [quoted image]

be cool to live by a river, def keep the pins upstairs!

#12713 5 years ago

Pins are pretty much safe unless you get 3-4 feet of water. Worst case, the levelers rust and if they get wet, you need to take the legs apart, remove the levelers and clean out the threads. Add Vaseline to the threads to act as a moisture barrier (and dust collector) but it's safer than bare un-coated threads on the levelers. My pins have survived basement water where the arcade machines, well, not so much.

#12714 5 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Though I do hope we never see one like that again!

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but why wouldn’t you? You live by a body of water that’s already flooded once like that in your lifetime.

I love living near the water too (I live in the ocean state after all) but I definitely checked floodmaps before I bought and I live 200ft above sea level. Flood insurance will cover renovations and such but these classic games are irreplaceable

#12715 5 years ago

I can't really show the whole thing from one angle but I'll try to get another picture.

11 pinball games
    1 pool table
    1 Dart Machine
    2 Multicade
    1 80 inch TV

The rest is heaven!

IMG_2696 (resized).jpgIMG_2696 (resized).jpg
    #12716 5 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but why wouldn’t you? You live by a body of water that’s already flooded once like that in your lifetime.
    I love living near the water too (I live in the ocean state after all) but I definitely checked floodmaps before I bought and I live 200ft above sea level. Flood insurance will cover renovations and such but these classic games are irreplaceable

Fair question. That in theory was a 1000 year flood, probably more like a 100 year these days. I was familiar with the type of flooding my house experienced before we purchased, if we could stick with those I would be no big deal at all. The house seems to be built with the more reasonable floods in mind. There's actually a somewhat easy flood control fix that will hopefully be built one of these days. Up stream is a giant reservoir they no longer use for drinking water. Unfortunately they can only lower it a bit with the current pipe setup. Most likely the new pipes won't cost a crazy amount, but when fund it they go with the worst case scenario (like 10X more). So it might be a while. The other good news is we don't flash flood at all. The pins will most likely be outta here completely when things are looking bad.

Anyway, I should post a game room pic. Very modest, moved some stuff around (the Comet is currently living at my moms). Eventually the couch will go and I'll add a few more pins. I figure if I stick with the coaster theme I can't go too crazy!

1551150844193360767206 (resized).jpg1551150844193360767206 (resized).jpg
    #12717 5 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Fair question. That in theory was a 1000 year flood, probably more like a 100 year these days. I was familiar with the type of flooding my house experienced before we purchased, if we could stick with those I would be no big deal at all. The house seems to be built with the more reasonable floods in mind. There's actually a somewhat easy flood control fix that will hopefully be built one of these days. Up stream is a giant reservoir they no longer use for drinking water. Unfortunately they can only lower it a bit with the current pipe setup. Most likely the new pipes won't cost a crazy amount, but when fund it they go with the worst case scenario (like 10X more). So it might be a while. The other good news is we don't flash flood at all. The pins will most likely be outta here completely when things are looking bad.
    Anyway, I should post a game room pic. Very modest, moved some stuff around (the Comet is currently living at my moms). Eventually the couch will go and I'll add a few more pins. I figure if I stick with the coaster theme I can't go too crazy![quoted image]

Why is there no funhouse?

#12718 5 years ago

New addition today. Had to put it together even tho we are moving soon. In total, I have 5 pins, a shuffleboard table, all in one arcade, foosball, dart board and a 65” for the Nintendo wii/switch. But for now here are the pins

DB1550B3-FD5D-41E3-AACA-C958469A2E84.jpegDB1550B3-FD5D-41E3-AACA-C958469A2E84.jpegFA8C67D2-529B-4857-8A52-41E92677641B.jpegFA8C67D2-529B-4857-8A52-41E92677641B.jpeg
    #12719 5 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Why is there no funhouse?

Wouldn't be able to fall asleep with Rudy in the house.

#12720 5 years ago

Love to have Cyclone, Hurricane, and Comet all together, anyone have that setup?

#12721 5 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Soooo...you are selling BSD and SoF?

bsd and sof yes, barracora and starlight are maybes.
    If I had room and money wouldn't have sold any of the pins I've ever owned.
    just finished Grand Lizard to go in the line up.

20190224_170735 (resized).jpg20190224_170735 (resized).jpg
    #12722 5 years ago
    Quoted from KJS:

[quoted image]

Prototype?

#12723 5 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Wouldn't be able to fall asleep with Rudy in the house.

I make sure his eyes are closed!

#12724 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I can't really show the whole thing from one angle but I'll try to get another picture.
    11 pinball games
    1 pool table
    1 Dart Machine
    2 Multicade
    1 80 inch TV
    The rest is heaven!
    [quoted image]

Love that you have all the JJP titles. Curious how you would rank them 1 to 4 being an owner. I haven’t played potc yet

#12725 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

would rank them 1 to 4

Jumping in with an unsolicited opinion:
    1: WOZ
    2: DI
    3:POTC
    4:TH

#12727 5 years ago
    Quoted from KJS:

[quoted image]

That's a thing of beauty! GL was my first machine and the reason I'm hooked on pinball now. I bought her for $750 I think. One day, I'll own her again!

#12728 5 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Added something new!

Sweet. Where did that come from?

#12729 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

Sweet. Where did that come from?

Thanks, we make them. We will have about 150 to 200 images when we start selling, we are pushing to get them listed before Texas. It is a high output very small Bogo style projector. That projector is mounted on the bottom of the game, and it swivels to point were you want the image, and are self focusing. It will only hold 1 image, but you can change the images. We will sell the entire kit for $79.99, additional images would be $9.99.

We should have them listed on here and at our site.

Dan
    Lightedpinballmods.com

0115191921_resized (resized).jpg0115191921_resized (resized).jpg
    #12730 5 years ago

could you put that on the top for ceiling or back wall viewing instead?

#12731 5 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

could you put that on the top for ceiling or back wall viewing instead?

Yes.

The bulb we use is an LED designed for this type of application, the light output is about equal to a 60 watt incandescent. Keeping that in mind it is very bright, but we recommend it be used in a room of average light or less. Yes, it can be used as a topper, but we find the image looks brighter on the floor. It can also be used on the ceiling. Our 4 lens design is designed to focus at any distance, but the farther it projects the more the light is spread out, I don't like the look on a 10 foot ceiling, but they look good on an 8 foot ceiling. One problem with a ceiling projection is your game (if LED's) makes a lot of light, and it is all projected up, so if you put the image directly above your game, it will probably be washed out. If you put it on the ceiling above your back box, or have incandescent bulbs you can have a good effect on the ceiling.

I don't like to talk a lot of sales on a non sales thread, but I will say this, every time I have these on at my house, and someone comes over, the first thing that happens is they walk up to the game, say some thing about how cool it is, and kicks at the floor. Does not matter if they are a pinball person or not.

i will start a thread when we get more pictures processed and start listing.

#12732 5 years ago

We bought a new house and are in the middle of a complete reno/addition. We've been renting for the past 2 years and all of my games are out on loan to friends at the moment.

Part of the deal with the new house was that under the new family room area I'd get a basement with 9 foot ceilings. This is as of today.. to be my game room in just a few months...

IMG_5442 (resized).jpegIMG_5442 (resized).jpegIMG_5443 (resized).jpegIMG_5443 (resized).jpegIMG_5444 (resized).jpgIMG_5444 (resized).jpgIMG_5445 (resized).jpgIMG_5445 (resized).jpg
    #12733 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikecav:

We bought a new house and are in the middle of a complete reno/addition. We've been renting for the past 2 years and all of my games are out on loan to friends at the moment.
    Part of the deal with the new house was that under the new family room area I'd get a basement with 9 foot ceilings. This is as of today.. to be my game room in just a few months...
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very interesting framing. Where are you from?

#12734 5 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Thanks, we make them. We will have about 150 to 200 images when we start selling, we are pushing to get them listed before Texas. It is a high output very small Bogo style projector. That projector is mounted on the bottom of the game, and it swivels to point were you want the image, and are self focusing. It will only hold 1 image, but you can change the images. We will sell the entire kit for $79.99, additional images would be $9.99.
    We should have them listed on here and at our site.
    Dan
    Lightedpinballmods.com[quoted image]

What is the image file used? Wanted to use a custom image with my home arcade name..

#12735 5 years ago

Why metal studs?

Quoted from mikecav:

#12736 5 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Updated pictures. 1 year ago I had zero pinball machines. I had a basketball game, shuffleboard table and darts. My weight room was also twice as big.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I always get nervous when I see a vid at the end of and right next to a skee ball. One bad offline throw could spell disaster!!

#12737 5 years ago
    Quoted from mikecav:

That's the way to insulate !

#12738 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What is the image file used? Wanted to use a custom image with my home arcade name..

Yes, we can make custom, we are planning on having that as an option on our website. It needs to be a high resolution image, a jpg is fine. If your phone is a few years old, set to the highest image level, and that should be good. A bright image is important, and high contrast looks best also. The image manipulation and manufacturing is a bit tricky and will take us about a month.

But let me explain the nature of the beast, we have been working on these for about 8 months, so we know the beast well. The beast is you need as bright of a light as possible to make the image, but that light does fade the image. We have done a lot of work on this, and the kit will give you about 1,000 hours of use, if on for 1 hour a day, that will give you 3 years of use. The light is rated for 50,000 hours. Because of the fade issue, that is one of the reasons we will be selling additional images for $9.99. We will be charging more for custom art, but we are going to give additional images, so you should get about 2,000 hours. Replacing the image only takes a couple of minutes.

For you math guys, here is the detail we are working with, the image used is less then 1/4" and normally it gets projected to a size that is about 24" wide (the width between the legs). It is almost like working with microfiche, and that is tough for 50+ year old eyes.

#12739 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I always get nervous when I see a vid at the end of and right next to a skee ball. One bad offline throw could spell disaster!!

That’s one of the reasons I went with the Roll and Score. I have a 2 year old and a 6 year old. They both love playing and the balls do not always hit their target. The roll and score uses a ball similar to a street hockey ball. If they were real wooden skee balls I would have major problems. No worries with this one!

#12740 5 years ago

Especially when they decide to throw overhand

#12741 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

It's an Arcade1up not a real Arcade machine. It'll get damaged easier but over all cheaper to repair/replace since it's more of a toy than a vid.

#12742 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Very interesting framing. Where are you from?

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Why metal studs?

We are in NJ. The foundation is a precast foundation. It is poured offsite to spec and the framing \ insulation is all built in. It's pretty cool actually. They just truck it onto your property, crane it into place and boom, you have an addition. See photo of them swinging one section into place

They arrived at my property at 7:30 AM and pulled away at 11 AM. All set, we could put the deck on it that day (but we waited until the following day). There were 6 sections, and they are attached with bolts and glue. I was told that the glue is so strong that one time when coming back to try to correct something, they tried to separate the panels and ended up breaking the foundation while the glue held.

The foundation needs no water proofing as the conditions in the plant are so good that they density of the foundation is far superior to that which could be achieved on site.

It's more expensive, but the timing of our project was such that it made sense. A traditional foundation would have delayed us a few months, and this we could pop right in and work through the winter months. I'm very pleased with it so far.

IMG_2728 (resized).jpgIMG_2728 (resized).jpg
    #12743 5 years ago

WOW, talk about a home renovation. Did you invite Bob vila over?
    Great job, can't wait to see it finished!!

#12744 5 years ago

Have not seen that system here in Ohio yet and I'm on various job sites weekly. Looks very interesting though. Nothing seems to far out to me since I saw them constructing bridge abutments out of huge styrofoam blocks they covered with a cement product. The entire approach to the bridge was done like that and this is on I-75 which is a very busy corridor.

#12745 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

WOW, talk about a home renovation. Did you invite Bob vila over?
    Great job, can't wait to see it finished!!

Yup, this has become a full gut and major reno. We are basically getting a brand new house. Here are some pictures of where we stand now. Siding started going on yesterday. Pardon the landscaping for now please...

Quoted from RWH:

Have not seen that system here in Ohio yet and I'm on various job sites weekly. Looks very interesting though. Nothing seems to far out to me since I saw them constructing bridge abutments out of huge styrofoam blocks they covered with a cement product. The entire approach to the bridge was done like that and this is on I-75 which is a very busy corridor.

Apparently it's becoming more and more popular. I'm seeing it all over in our area.

front (resized).jpgfront (resized).jpgsiding2 (resized).jpgsiding2 (resized).jpg
    #12746 5 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Jumping in with an unsolicited opinion:
    1: WOZ
    2: DI
    3:POTC
    4:TH

Very interesting, I see you own most of the JJPs. Can you tell me how long you have had each pin? I like WOZ too, but curious as to why you think it’s the best JJP to date.

#12747 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Very interesting, I see you own most of the JJPs. Can you tell me how long you have had each pin? I like WOZ too, but curious as to why you think it’s the best JJP to date.

I have owned each since they were released.

TH is my least favorite because to me only the multiballs are fun. But the multiballs are super fun do to their difficulty and the integration with the audio/video. TH is a license I am only mildly interested in (The movies were SHIT.)

POTC is pure JJP, beautiful execution, tons of goodies, superior construction, deep rules, tons of innovation mechanical and code. POTC is a license I am not interested in (The movies were SHIT.)

DH is beautiful, fast, fun, deep and intellectually satisfying. Always something else to work on, but the payoff is worth the work. Another PL masterpiece. Theme doesn't inspire or repel me. It is nice that I don't care how the game/rules either do or do not agree with or support or involve a well known story/license. It is a fresh slate and fun as hell.

WOZ, well as a person that had WOZ preordered for 3+years WOZ is special. JJP talked a big game, and delivered. Super fun to play, super deep rule set, amazing integration with video, the light show alone is entertaining, tons of easter eggs and little details, great theme integration in playfield and code. The license is iconic and interesting. Many rewarding shots and stretch goals are attainable but final goal always just a bit out of reach, so far. I wonder how I will feel when and if I make it SOTR. But until then it is the only game in my lineup that isn't going anywhere. WOZ is still head and shoulders above any other machine ever built. The Soundtrack, Lights, Code, Quality of Construction and replayability all in one package is unmatched. If you go back and look at what was available before WOZ you realize what a game changer this game was. Innovation is what JJP delivered and all other games have had to improve because of it. We owe JJP a debt of gratitude.

#12748 5 years ago

Thanks for your time in detailing your preference.

Because I do like the theme - and the LOTR and Hobbit movies - I like the pin as much as I do. Though the LOTR movies are better than the Hobbit movies (as are the books to be honest). That said - I love all the modes - and typically won't start a mode until I get a mode lock to better the chances of completing the mode as a multiball. The modes are a blast to play - and have them be mulitballs is a cleaver addition to the game - basically gives an additional 32 mulitballs to the game.

For me TH is on par with WOZ. I would prefer to have WOZ over DI. I haven't played POTC yet - so holding out till I play it to determine if I like it better than WOZ. Also, the next JJP title may be the best yet - so we'll see. All in all I am a fan of all the JJP pins. Also, I love Williams and Stern games as well

#12749 5 years ago

Anyway, back to the game room pics
    Took these just now - a little cluttered in the 'movie room' ...

Little bit of everything - though an extra pin or two would be nice.

IMG_2719 (resized).JPGIMG_2719 (resized).JPGIMG_2720 (resized).JPGIMG_2720 (resized).JPGIMG_2721 (resized).JPGIMG_2721 (resized).JPGIMG_2722 (resized).JPGIMG_2722 (resized).JPGIMG_2723 (resized).JPGIMG_2723 (resized).JPGIMG_2724 (resized).JPGIMG_2724 (resized).JPGIMG_2725 (resized).JPGIMG_2725 (resized).JPGIMG_2726 (resized).JPGIMG_2726 (resized).JPGIMG_2727 (resized).JPGIMG_2727 (resized).JPGIMG_2728 (resized).JPGIMG_2728 (resized).JPGIMG_2729 (resized).JPGIMG_2729 (resized).JPGIMG_2730 (resized).JPGIMG_2730 (resized).JPGIMG_2731 (resized).JPGIMG_2731 (resized).JPGIMG_2732 (resized).JPGIMG_2732 (resized).JPG
    #12750 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Anyway, back to the game room pics
    Took these just now - a little cluttered in the 'movie room' ...
    Little bit of everything - though an extra pin or two would be nice.

How often do you get a poker game going?

There are 23,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 475.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/255?hl=chaosrooster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.