Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 477.
    #12551 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Did you ask your wife before you purchased?? Ha Ha
    Pretty cool.Please post a link of where to buy.

He is actually a place holder. I am going to move the T-800 out there and that will really scare the shit out of people. Dead Pool is my bartender. He is going behind the LED bar I have on order that should be here sometime next week!

#12552 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

“It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission”
    Why ask at all?! If you know your wife and she knows you and if the money you spend is agreed on before any purchases are made why should it matter what you buy, build trust in each other and communicate and make responsible decisions: no need to ask permission or forgiveness

I don't often, but LOL!

#12553 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

I wanted one too, but the wife shot it down!

Quoted from radium:

Your mistake was that you asked.

I ordered my Shelby GT500 and told my wife about it after the fact. I haven't done that again.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

If you know your wife and the money you spend is agreed on before any purchase is made why should it matter what you buy?

Because I know my wife and she won't agree to spending money on a 17th pinball or a 10th electric guitar or a 6th sports car.

#12554 5 years ago

My game rooms are spread out a bit. Champion Pub and Super Chex in my basement, Indy and TOM next door at my parents, and my system 11s are at the office...

4376EA49-6295-4CCB-8F26-F2DBD5A61AD5 (resized).jpeg4376EA49-6295-4CCB-8F26-F2DBD5A61AD5 (resized).jpeg38C253F3-E686-4ADB-B1C3-A7C2EE9BD5A3 (resized).jpeg38C253F3-E686-4ADB-B1C3-A7C2EE9BD5A3 (resized).jpeg68FEC31A-25B0-4B0F-A23B-B73E654D936F (resized).jpeg68FEC31A-25B0-4B0F-A23B-B73E654D936F (resized).jpeg
    #12555 5 years ago

So I bought a ddr just to mess around with and found out my wife loves it. So I have decided to clean it up and semi restore it.

This speaker was rocking awesome.

98B1B431-1A0E-40CC-9517-DD6F8EA47B6B (resized).jpeg98B1B431-1A0E-40CC-9517-DD6F8EA47B6B (resized).jpeg
    #12556 5 years ago

More better!

0DA37817-8265-4A64-834C-267B7D02B21B (resized).jpeg0DA37817-8265-4A64-834C-267B7D02B21B (resized).jpeg
    #12557 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lymes:

My game rooms are spread out a bit. Champion Pub and Super Chex in my basement, Indy and TOM next door at my parents, and my system 11s are at the office...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice dude, when’s the next office party!?

#12558 5 years ago

I still have to paint the pads but the poles were pretty bad so I sent them out to be powder coated. Look pretty sweet now.

935D3FE7-7A0C-46A4-B150-2360C7C39FFD (resized).jpeg935D3FE7-7A0C-46A4-B150-2360C7C39FFD (resized).jpeg
    #12559 5 years ago

Quick question for those of you with a bunch of machines. I'm getting ready to run electrical along the wall that the pinball machines are going to line. the wall is 18'6" so room for 7 games. The room is currently wired on a 15amp circuit, so I am leaving the 15amp for a couple arcade machines, stereo, black lights, etc. So should I run one 20amp circuit along the wall (running 5 pins) and plug a couple pins into the 15amp... or just run two circuits and be done. I would rather not overload the breakers...
    Thanks for any insight

#12560 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

Quick question for those of you with a bunch of machines. I'm getting ready to run electrical along the wall that the pinball machines are going to line. the wall is 18'6" so room for 7 games. The room is currently wired on a 15amp circuit, so I am leaving the 15amp for a couple arcade machines, stereo, black lights, etc. So should I run one 20amp circuit along the wall (running 5 pins) and plug a couple pins into the 15amp... or just run two circuits and be done. I would rather not overload the breakers...
    Thanks for any insight

You could probably get by with one 20 amp circuit, but I'd be safe and run a couple.

#12561 5 years ago

I would estimate around 1.5 - 2 amps per machine to be safe. The older arcade games will draw more and stereo systems with amps will draw even more. Always plan for the worse, if it where me I would run a 10/3 romex cable (usually a orange cable) and alternate the circuits on the two different colors. Run each one to a 20 amp breaker. Then I would run a 12/2 romex cable for the lighting and any other just general plugs you might need. 15 amp breaker on that. Use arch type breakers and if you want to go over board put GFI's duplex plugs in the run. Just my opinion

#12562 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

but I'd be safe and run a couple.

Kinda what I'm thinking! The walls and ceiling were already finished when we bought the house... so I would hate to find myself cutting into the walls again.

#12563 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

So I bought a ddr just to mess around with and found out my wife loves it. So I have decided to clean it up and semi restore it.

This speaker was rocking awesome.

What's high score mean? Is that bad?

#12564 5 years ago

You should plan for all of the games you’ll add to your collection in the future.

#12565 5 years ago

Started framing out new walls in my storage room. Gonna knock down a wall in my basement and make the gameroom bigger... Need more shit. This hobby never ends! Lol more pictures to come later

20190208_164609 (resized).jpg20190208_164609 (resized).jpg
    #12566 5 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

That's awesome! I barely knew what I was doing myself (had only just gotten my first pin!) when my own were that little, but I've tried to get them involved since and as you say: there's nothing more rewarding than when they take it up. Four of my games are running power supplies and fuse boards that my girls have soldered and rebuilt. The elder girl has helped disassemble and shop others out, even tagging along when I make house calls for locals. The best was when they dove into our Bad Cats and repainted and decaled the playfield...
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Thankfully they've both continued to express interest in projects, like my El Dorado and Time Fantasy, both suggesting ideas and wanting to get involved in the recovery. It's tough sometimes though: I let them be their own selves and they are very busy in that regard, so sometimes I just have to make progress on my own... but I save what I can for them.
    I think project pins are really an overlooked aspect of learning for kids. There is so much involved with them: mechanics, electronics, logic, carpentry, arts and crafts... all of those are valuable skills for kids to learn, and the reward for doing so is a valuable game that is unique and fun to play. Granted some of those are difficult for adults to learn too but there too I hope they've learned: in taking both a Sys6 and Sys11 MPU from acid-eaten trash to functioning boards, they've seen me doggedly pursue and decode MPU troubleshooting from not understandning it at all, to finally getting them working, to then being able to use that knowledge for better diagnosis and repair in the future. The lesson there is reward for hard work and persistence in the face of failure, which is probably the hardest lesson of all to teach, let alone understand.
    Woops, sorry for the hijack.... I don't open my mouth that often, but tend to ramble when I do.

your post is inspiring,bless you and yours,

#12567 5 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

Started framing out new walls in my storage room

Wondering what you will do for insulation between the block wall and drywall as I am sure it get's very cold up there in southern Canada!

#12568 5 years ago

Getting these games up to the third floor walk up attic was fun......end result came out pretty cool. Kids and their friends dig it.

4D7E603B-1902-478F-B8C2-C634A8CF1949 (resized).jpeg4D7E603B-1902-478F-B8C2-C634A8CF1949 (resized).jpegB2949291-04F9-4515-924F-9B745418EF32 (resized).jpegB2949291-04F9-4515-924F-9B745418EF32 (resized).jpeg03EAC80C-28BB-48B4-8DBF-B8718D19EE5E (resized).jpeg03EAC80C-28BB-48B4-8DBF-B8718D19EE5E (resized).jpeg4F499618-1F4D-4E31-A1DA-E083A7E1811A (resized).jpeg4F499618-1F4D-4E31-A1DA-E083A7E1811A (resized).jpeg
    #12569 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

Wondering what you will do for insulation between the block wall and drywall as I am sure it get's very cold up there in southern Canada!

Surprisingly it doesn't get that bad in that room so not sure if I'm going to insulate or not.

#12570 5 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

Surprisingly it doesn't get that bad in that room so not sure if I'm going to insulate or not.

1/2 in. or 3/4 foam board would be more than adequate.

#12571 5 years ago

I agree. You should deff put something there for moisture purpose. You will build up moisture between the wall and the drywall which can cause mold and soften drywall over time.
    https://bethepro.com/avoiding-basement-insulation-mistakes/
    Just a FYI.

#12572 5 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

Started framing out new walls in my storage room. Gonna knock down a wall in my basement and make the gameroom bigger... Need more shit. This hobby never ends! Lol more pictures to come later
    [quoted image]

You should really seal the block wall with Kiltz or some other sealer to prevent moisture and mold.

#12573 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

Thanks for any insight

I run a 20 amp circuit to each wall in my basement. 12/2 romex is good for 20 amps so unless you have some distance and you need to account for voltage drop 10/2 is not needed. I would also try to limit the load to 80% of the circuit breaker rating.

#12574 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You could probably get by with one 20 amp circuit, but I'd be safe and run a couple

HMMMMMM, for some reason I feel like this guy knows what he is talking about when it comes to electrical!

#12575 5 years ago

Is it worth plugging your machines into a surge protector power board

IMG_20190211_234431 (resized).jpgIMG_20190211_234431 (resized).jpg
    #12576 5 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Is it worth plugging your machines into a surge protector power board
    [quoted image]

I unplug mine from wall during lightning. Only way to be sure they do not get zapped.

#12577 5 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

I unplug mine from wall during lightning. Only way to be sure they do not get zapped.

Pretty much what I thought

#12578 5 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

Why not just flip the breaker(s), everything in the gr is protected then. That's what I do.

#12579 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Why not just flip the breaker(s), that's what I do.

I think the lights are also on my pin circuit. But also good!

#12580 5 years ago

I have mine plugged in to remote on off plugs so I don't have to crawl under the pins. I turn off all the time but unplug during lightning.

#12581 5 years ago

Yep, I unplug during storms if I am home to do it!

#12582 5 years ago

We are doing some remodeling in our basement and I am debating trying to put down radiant in floor heating for our gaming area. We have a rather large finished basement, around 1200 sq feet, and here in wisconsin the basement is always cold. In winter it can be significantly colder than the rest of the house above ground level. When the people before us finished the basement, they only put one single vent from the main furnace/AC trunk line by a back wall of the basement. It is nowhere near enough to heat the basement. We had to install an ERV just to deal with an abnormally high CO2 level, but of course that adds to the cold since the incoming air is cold in winter.

But, my concern with the radiant heating is the cost. I'd be doing the area most used by gaming/myself which is around 500sq ft. Electrical "dry" radiant heating install doing the labor myself would probably run $3000 just in materials alone I think? And trying to install a "dry" hydronic radiant heating system I think would also be just as cost prohibitive. I could also consider hiring someone for HVAC to install a couple new vents off of the main heating system and that might be cheap since they would not have to go through any finished areas?

Looking for thoughts on those that have used radiant heating, costs, vs using HVAC etc?

#12583 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

We are doing some remodeling in our basement and I am debating trying to put down radiant in floor heating for our gaming area. We have a rather large finished basement, around 1200 sq feet, and here in wisconsin the basement is always cold. In winter it can be significantly colder than the rest of the house above ground level. When the people before us finished the basement, they only put one single vent from the main furnace/AC trunk line by a back wall of the basement. It is nowhere near enough to heat the basement. We had to install an ERV just to deal with an abnormally high CO2 level, but of course that adds to the cold since the incoming air is cold in winter.
    But, my concern with the radiant heating is the cost. I'd be doing the area most used by gaming/myself which is around 500sq ft. Electrical "dry" radiant heating install doing the labor myself would probably run $3000 just in materials alone I think? And trying to install a "dry" hydronic radiant heating system I think would also be just as cost prohibitive. I could also consider hiring someone for HVAC to install a couple new vents off of the main heating system and that might be cheap since they would not have to go through any finished areas?
    Looking for thoughts on those that have used radiant heating, costs, vs using HVAC etc?

You'd have to contact your local HVAC company to see if your furnace can handle branch lines for your basement. It may decrease the warm air flow to the rest of the house.

#12584 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

You'd have to contact your local HVAC company to see if your furnace can handle branch lines for your basement. It may decrease the warm air flow to the rest of the house.

That won't be a problem. It's a brand new top of the line carrier furnace and AC. And it's sized for the full square footage of the home including the basement.

#12585 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

That won't be a problem. It's a brand new top of the line carrier furnace and AC. And it's sized for the full square footage of the home including the basement.

WOW you planned ahead, I'd go that way then.

#12586 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Why not just flip the breaker(s), everything in the gr is protected then. That's what I do.

Yep i agree. 1st sign of lightning rather than crawl around unplugging the machines I just flip the breaker and call it good.

#12587 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW you planned ahead, I'd go that way then.

It was a necessary evil lol. We had our furnace go out, and the house is only about 13 years old. But the original AC wasn't installed right, and the furnace was crappy and cheap. So we went all out and had them do full hepa filter, and the variable speed 5 ton AC and variable speed furnace. It's super quiet and runs great.

#12588 5 years ago

My dad built a house in Pennsylvania and installed the hot water pipes in the cement radiant heating system in the basement cement slab. The rising heat kept the whole house warm, even the first floor above.

#12589 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

So we went all out and had them do full hepa filter, and the variable speed 5 ton AC and variable speed furnace

This is what I am hoping to do by end of year! They are phasing out R22 in 2020 so I will be updated before then. My ac system is really old anyway and furnace is a 2003. So I know where my tax money is going

#12590 5 years ago

Put your plug ins on a lite switch to control them , if your just starting your gamesroom

#12591 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Radiant heat is wonderful and I'd put it in a new home all day long. Adding it after the fact can be a bitch. Not only is it costly to install but it's costly to operate, if it's electrical cables. If you've never done cables, it's time consuming the first time. I guarantee you'll mess up on the length of the runs. If not done right, you could end up with cold spots. Is the panel located such that you can get circuits to where you need them? You'll probably need more than one and sizing each cable set can get tricky.

If you do the radiant heat, you'll still want air circulation/AC in the summertime for the basement. You'll only get that with heat/AC runs. And if you add runs, you'll need cold air returns added.

I'd call a couple of heating contractors and have them look at things. Without seeing what your actual situation looks like, all we're doing is guessing. You can also get very bad advice here from people who have no clue. Sorry, but true.

#12592 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Radiant heat is wonderful and I'd put it in a new home all day long. Adding it after the fact can be a bitch. Not only is it costly to install but it's costly to operate, if it's electrical cables. If you've never done cables, it's time consuming the first time. I guarantee you'll mess up on the length of the runs. If not done right, you could end up with cold spots. Is the panel located such that you can get circuits to where you need them? You'll probably need more than one and sizing each cable set can get tricky.
    If you do the radiant heat, you'll still want air circulation/AC in the summertime for the basement. You'll only get that with heat/AC runs. And if you add runs, you'll need cold air returns added.
    I'd call a couple of heating contractors and have them look at things. Without seeing what your actual situation looks like, all we're doing is guessing. You can also get very bad advice here from people who have no clue. Sorry, but true.

The basement stays nice and cool on its own in summer. It's really only heat that is needed. Great info though thank you! I am considering replacing the baseboard heaters (electrical conductive) that the previous owner installed with hydronic baseboard. I'm even considering a pellet stove as an option. I'd love a soapstone stove, but those are big $$$ haha.

#12593 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Buy more pins and turn them on ... believe me, that adds heat to the room

I have zoned heating/cooling/dehumidifying. There are 11 programmable thermostat zones in my house for heating and cooling (3 in the basement), the whole house dehumidifier works with the HVAC system, but can also add a zone of activity for just the basement. If my pinball room gets too hot, I make it a mandatory instant priority zone to keep it cool. It works fantastically and saved 60% on my natural gas bill. The down side is when power goes out for more than 4 hours, I have to re-program it all.

#12594 5 years ago

Someday I’ll finish this basement...
    Anyone have any idea why I have a concrete wall jutting out into this one space (see pictures).

3455AEB8-F1CC-472B-A745-797EBADB88C0 (resized).jpeg3455AEB8-F1CC-472B-A745-797EBADB88C0 (resized).jpeg394A11EF-0D96-4CBA-A137-F561DC7BFAD6 (resized).jpeg394A11EF-0D96-4CBA-A137-F561DC7BFAD6 (resized).jpeg815EBF57-707A-4F1E-B85B-94C1452049E6 (resized).jpeg815EBF57-707A-4F1E-B85B-94C1452049E6 (resized).jpeg892E2D93-515D-41C1-8747-C1FEB1CDA060 (resized).jpeg892E2D93-515D-41C1-8747-C1FEB1CDA060 (resized).jpeg960A4A54-E5E4-4123-9F4B-2C5E1BD9E9B6 (resized).jpeg960A4A54-E5E4-4123-9F4B-2C5E1BD9E9B6 (resized).jpegA89DBE6A-59B9-4E72-9E18-5EE774361ED4 (resized).jpegA89DBE6A-59B9-4E72-9E18-5EE774361ED4 (resized).jpegF0BAF87D-605E-4364-8CA8-B364D2A44D50 (resized).jpegF0BAF87D-605E-4364-8CA8-B364D2A44D50 (resized).jpeg
    #12595 5 years ago

Possibly structural?

#12596 5 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

Anyone have any idea why I have a concrete wall jutting out into this one space (see pictures).]

To guarantee that's the one you punch after rage quitting a pinball game!

#12597 5 years ago
    Quoted from twinmice:

Possibly structural?

Yeah, I’m really not sure. It just has that little 4x4 above it. I thought maybe to add stability to an otherwise short run of outside wall.

#12598 5 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

Anyone have any idea why I have a concrete wall jutting out into this one space (see pictures). [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What’s directly above the 4x4? It looks like it’s nailed into the subfloor. WTF????

#12599 5 years ago

There’s a two story interior wall almost directly above it, running parallel to the joists. I say “almost” because it’s off by a couple inches.

#12600 5 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle: Anyone have any idea why I have a concrete wall jutting out into this one space

A rock climbing wall

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/252?hl=budmanpinfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.