Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 477.
    #11351 5 years ago

My sump pump is for the AC drain because my basement is below grade. We also have a whole house generator. Our power has gone out multiple times over the years. Plus my wife works from home. The generator was a great investment. No walk out here!

#11352 5 years ago

I love how the games room thread has turned to talk about sump pumps

Speaking of sump pumps. We lived in a house on a acreage that had weeping tile around the outside of the house that drained into the 2' × 2' sump pit in our basement. Then pumped that water into our ceptic tank and then into the country drain. When it rained that pump went off every 20 minutes. When it finally failed the alarm scared the shit out of us!

#11353 5 years ago

To get the thread back on track - just a nice shot I took the other night showing part of my shed setup for a meet.

barn2018 (resized).jpgbarn2018 (resized).jpg
    #11354 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I would be so paranoid about that drain clogging!

I'd be more afraid of having someone taking my games out the door !

#11355 5 years ago
    Quoted from sleazius:

To get the thread back on track - just a nice shot I took the other night showing part of my shed setup for a meet.
    [quoted image]

That's a "shed"? No THIS is a shed.

IMGA0722 (resized).JPGIMGA0722 (resized).JPG
    #11356 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's a "shed"? No THIS is a shed. [quoted image]

Australians tend to call any outbuilding to the house a shed, especially if the building is metal (the vast majority are). In this case its probably closer to a workshop or warehouse being brick.

#11357 5 years ago

Those of you with finished concrete floors or something similar, how is the noise level and echoing? I want to do a stained and finished concrete floor in my game room I'm building, but my buddy claims the noise in there, without carpet or something, will be deafening and no one will be able to hear anything. What are your feelings about this. Any suggestions?

#11358 5 years ago
    Quoted from sleazius:

Australians tend to call any outbuilding to the house a shed,

I know that, just yankin your chain.

#11359 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Oddly, the snow is minimal. Even compared to living in the Chicago area. It's one of northern Colorado's best kept secrets.
    It's the sun; they rarely even plow snow here because the sun takes it away. And no salt, unlike IL.
    Now, western Colorado is a different story. In Vail they get several feet of snow - and they're thrilled if they get three feet overnight. All about skiing.

Lived in summit county back in the early 90s(Dillon). First Halloween there we got about four feet of snow

#11360 5 years ago

That's where we want to live eventually. We love summit county!!!!

#11361 5 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

Those of you with finished concrete floors or something similar, how is the noise level and echoing? I want to do a stained and finished concrete floor in my game room I'm building, but my buddy claims the noise in there, without carpet or something, will be deafening and no one will be able to hear anything. What are your feelings about this. Any suggestions?

Doesn't seem to affect the noise. Without carpeting though, it is louder in the room. But it actually adds to the ambiance for a game room. You want noisy, but still be able to carry on a normal conversation.

I recently had about 40 people in my game room, and no complaints at all. I keep each machine sound down to a reasonable level and about the only thing that stops people in their tracks is that "scream" that randomly bellows out of the Ghostbusters pin.

#11362 5 years ago
    Quoted from sleazius:

[quoted image]

I am drooling. It's like a mini Pinburgh

#11363 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

While on the subject of water, here's a video of my game room in Illinois ten years ago, after a storm that left 4 inches of water in much of the room. 8 minute walk-thru and you can see the carpet floating.
    There were four sump pumps in the room, but the power outage killed the deal. Things you learn.

My goodness that video made me sick to my stomach! How much rain did that take? Was it like day after day of rainfall. Just wow
    I hope you got an insurance claim for the damage

A good friend of mine had the cities pipe back up and had raw sewage dookie floating in his basement. Luckily he didn’t have any games in there. 10k later it barely covered the cleanup.

Good that the pins are on stilts but wow that video glad to see you got out of there and in somewhere new.

#11364 5 years ago

Ya, I had a sewage adventure myself years ago!
    My washer was draining into a riser pipe attached to the basement wall. But our city sewage system at the time was inadequate to handle large rain storms. It would back up and over flow out that riser. Well, we had a torrential down pour one day and I ran down the basement to watch it. And sure enough, it started over flowing! So I pulled out the washer drain hose and started stuffing rags into the PVC pipe to plug it, and SNAP! The f-ing thing broke off at the elbow. Now I'm trying to hold it back with my hands and turds are bouncing off me! Tampons and fecies and who knows what else floating around an inch deep in my basement before I stopped it! I managed to duck tape the PVC back in place and stop it before it flooded my whole basement! After that, I had a check valve installed. I later moved. Of course, the city fixed the sewer system after I moved.

#11365 5 years ago
    Quoted from StylesBitchly:

My washer was draining into a riser pipe attached to the basement wall. But our city sewage system at the time was inadequate to handle large rain storms. It would back up and over flow out that riser. Well, we had a torrential down pour one day and I ran down the basement to watch it. And sure enough, it started over flowing! So I pulled out the washer drain hose and started stuffing rags into the PVC pipe to plug it, and SNAP! The fucking thing broke off at the elbow. Now I'm trying to hold it back with my hands and turds are bouncing off me! Tampons and fecies and who knows what else floating around an inch deep in my basement before I stopped it! I managed to duck tape the PVC back in place and stop it before it flooded my whole basement! After that, I had a check valve installed. I later moved. Of course, the city fixed the sewer system after I moved.

OMG the horror...

a6xTDaW (resized).pnga6xTDaW (resized).png
    #11366 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Doesn't seem to affect the noise. Without carpeting though, it is louder in the room. But it actually adds to the ambiance for a game room. You want noisy, but still be able to carry on a normal conversation.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking the same thing. I think I will be going ahead with the concrete floors. Worst case scenario, if the sound is just horrible, I guess I can just put whatever right on top of it later without having to tear anything out or any prep work.

#11367 5 years ago

My place in action. Metallic concrete floors, note the noise and conversations. It works well without carpet:

#11368 5 years ago

game rooms are supposed to be loud, no?

#11369 5 years ago

I've been in the hobby since 2012, but as a video game arcade collector. At one point I had 45 cabs spread between basement, bonus room and storage unit. About 2 years ago the pinball bug bit me hard, like everyone told me it would. "Yeah, you'll start with these, but move to pins pretty quickly." Well, we recently moved, so I took that opportunity to kind of downsize. I have only one arcade cab, Donkey Kong JR. 5 minutes from our new house is the best pinball restaurant/bar ever, and both my wife and I got obsessed with the tournaments there. So now we have a new house, plenty of room to grow... and my wife wants them easily accessible in the living room! Have two downstairs as well but I won't complain about the current living room/dining room setup!

IMG_6761 (resized).JPGIMG_6761 (resized).JPG
    #11370 5 years ago
    Quoted from evanc:

I've been in the hobby since 2012, but as a video game arcade collector. At one point I had 45 cabs spread between basement, bonus room and storage unit. About 2 years ago the pinball bug bit me hard, like everyone told me it would. "Yeah, you'll start with these, but move to pins pretty quickly." Well, we recently moved, so I took that opportunity to kind of downsize. I have only one arcade cab, Donkey Kong JR. 5 minutes from our new house is the best pinball restaurant/bar ever, and both my wife and I got obsessed with the tournaments there. So now we have a new house, plenty of room to grow... and my wife wants them easily accessible in the living room! Have two downstairs as well but I won't complain about the current living room/dining room setup![quoted image]

She WANTS them in the living and dining room. Man that's hard core.

#11371 5 years ago
    1EE176E4-ABF6-482B-A699-E77AD93D3483 (resized).jpeg1EE176E4-ABF6-482B-A699-E77AD93D3483 (resized).jpeg
    #11372 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

My place in action. Metallic concrete floors, note the noise and conversations. It works well without carpet:

Where did you get that electric chair guy?

#11373 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Well that certainly kicks the shit out of my game room!

#11374 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Where did you get that electric chair guy?

Bought him at the Chicago Coin Op show. There is a vendor who carries all kinds of oddball full-size props, some of them have motion.

Lots of cool stuff there in November and April.

#11375 5 years ago

Some signs I made for the ole game room...

KA Sign (resized).jpgKA Sign (resized).jpgPB Sign (resized).jpgPB Sign (resized).jpg
    #11376 5 years ago
    Quoted from StylesBitchly:

My washer was draining into a riser pipe attached to the basement wall. But our city sewage system at the time was inadequate to handle large rain storms. It would back up and over flow out that riser. Well, we had a torrential down pour one day and I ran down the basement to watch it. And sure enough, it started over flowing! So I pulled out the washer drain hose and started stuffing rags into the PVC pipe to plug it, and SNAP! The f-ing thing broke off at the elbow. Now I'm trying to hold it back with my hands and turds are bouncing off me! Tampons and fecies and who knows what else floating around an inch deep in my basement before I stopped it! I managed to duck tape the PVC back in place and stop it before it flooded my whole basement! After that, I had a check valve installed. I later moved. Of course, the city fixed the sewer system after I moved.

Had that happen to me twice at my old house. First time it came up through a floor drain in the basement. I came home from work and the whole basement was about an inch or two of shit swamp water. I sealed off the drain but we also had a full bathroom in the basement so next time it came up the tub. I was running 5 gal buckets up the stairs trying to keep up with it, God I hope I never go through that again.

#11378 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Tell me about the Rodney Dangerfield sign!

#11379 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Tell me about the Rodney Dangerfield sign!

Found this Rodney slot machine topper on the internet. Couldn't pass it up - turns out it's very rare. So I built a lighted box around it, then added a scrolling LED sign at the bottom. Loaded it with his one-liners that play continuously.

Occasionally, someone will recognize him and his jokes, makes a great conversation piece.

#11380 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Great collection of different things, love the lite beer neon sign, do you know where I can purchase one of these from?
    cheers
    Trevor
    Brisbane
    Australia

#11381 5 years ago
    89943E1D-D7E5-438A-B201-B9C830C13F8D (resized).jpeg89943E1D-D7E5-438A-B201-B9C830C13F8D (resized).jpeg
    #11382 5 years ago
    Quoted from sleazius:

Australians tend to call any outbuilding to the house a shed, especially if the building is metal (the vast majority are). In this case its probably closer to a workshop or warehouse being brick.

You can call your shop a shed, just don’t do this...

9832694C-C7B0-4F69-B610-C395D1DE03CA (resized).jpeg9832694C-C7B0-4F69-B610-C395D1DE03CA (resized).jpeg
    #11383 5 years ago

Stupid question in the USA dont you have separate storm water and sewerage systems?

#11384 5 years ago

Yes, storm drains are separate from waste sewers in the US.

#11385 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Stupid question in the USA dont you have separate storm water and sewerage systems?

Storm water can drain to natural waterways without treatment. Sewerage not so much.

#11386 5 years ago

Had a basement issue in 2011 too. Just getting to sheetrock the basement and fill it with pins now.

IMG_5546 (resized).JPGIMG_5546 (resized).JPGIMG_6068 (resized).JPGIMG_6068 (resized).JPGIMG_6219 (resized).PNGIMG_6219 (resized).PNGIMG_6220 (resized).PNGIMG_6220 (resized).PNGIMG_6221 (resized).PNGIMG_6221 (resized).PNG
    #11387 5 years ago

What a happy poster with all of the animals...except for it having the saddest owl I've ever seen.

#11388 5 years ago

I'll take the AZ heat 5 months out of the year, and no other weather related problems, thank you very much lol.

#11389 5 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I'll take the AZ heat 5 months out of the year, and no other weather related problems, thank you very much lol.

I don't think I want any part of those dust storms you get there! I saw one on the news about a month ago and you couldn't see anything except a wall of moving dust, everything else just disappeared into it.

#11390 5 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

A house with a basement 30 feet down ... nice and cool rear round

#11391 5 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

Had a basement issue in 2011 too. Just getting to sheetrock the basement and fill it with pins now.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks huge, what you gonna do about the ceiling and duct work? If the ducts were painted flat black they make a good place to put those magnetic apron covers.

#11392 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Some signs I made for the ole game room...
    [quoted image][quoted image]

What a great idea!! Holy crap

#11393 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks huge, what you gonna do about the ceiling and duct work? If the ducts were painted flat black they make a good place to put those magnetic apron covers.

Don’t Sheetrock the ceiling - just spray flat black (really you should use a tone of black with a bit of the wall color mixed in, which helps to deaden light reflection). I really like the industrial look and the ceiling just disappears. Everybody says make the ceiling white, if it’s black the ceiling will make you feel claustrophobic- the exact opposite is true. White ceiling is very noticeable and distracting, black ceiling just disappears

#11394 5 years ago

Added a new game room rug (most of the pins are opposite)

187F7FFF-385D-4467-83D6-22245D99CF5C (resized).jpeg187F7FFF-385D-4467-83D6-22245D99CF5C (resized).jpeg59A2F944-A4F4-4CF3-9F8A-AF113CB1564E (resized).jpeg59A2F944-A4F4-4CF3-9F8A-AF113CB1564E (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #11395 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Don’t Sheetrock the ceiling - just spray flat black (really you should use a tone of black with a bit of the wall color mixed in, which helps to deaden light reflection). I really like the industrial look and the ceiling just disappears. Everybody says make the ceiling white, if it’s black the ceiling will make you feel claustrophobic- the exact opposite is true. White ceiling is very noticeable and distracting, black ceiling just disappears

I can agree with this. I have 7 1/2 foot ceilings in my basement. It is all painted white - except one room - the movie room. And it seems to be higher than the rest of the basement.

#11396 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's a decent size, planning on about 5 pins and two arcade machines. I'll have to fit a couch and tv in too somewhere. It had a sheetrock ceiling before the flood but the plumbers put the new plumbing on the bottom of the joists so I'll probably end up just painting it all black, not high enough for a drop ceiling.

#11397 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yup. With the ceiling open you can put new and used pf's on it and light um up but over the games don't light them, with the game under them lit up they light up great.

#11398 5 years ago

+1 regarding flat black painted ceiling

Under low lighting conditions its a spooky sensation because you start to question shit like is there a ceiling at all, if so where is it, will my hand hit it or keep going, am I in outer space right now, what is life?

#11399 5 years ago

Black ceilings. Period.
    img09 (resized).jpgimg09 (resized).jpg

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/228?hl=frli002 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.