Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 477.
    #11301 5 years ago

So I live in Tokyo. I know this is not much of a game room but in this city it is HUGE!!!

3A098A13-F1DC-4451-8570-7A7E71D0F62C (resized).jpeg3A098A13-F1DC-4451-8570-7A7E71D0F62C (resized).jpeg
    #11302 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Can't forget about the baby waker? Fishtales topper is not only awesome looking, it's loud as hell!

"Pfffft. Here hold my beer" - Williams Fire!

#11303 5 years ago

oem toppers are sweeeeet, and watch out for fade on that WH2O, please.

#11304 5 years ago

As of a thorough cleaning and weeding out, a lot of machine moving, and the purchase of a Road Show, this is my personal hole in the ground.

Bonus: Besides being sorted by cabinet depth, the entire lineup is sorted counter-clockwise by date of manufacture.

IMG_20180810_072655853_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180810_072655853_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180810_072712781_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180810_072712781_LL (resized).jpg
    #11305 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

As of a thorough cleaning and weeding out, a lot of machine moving, and the purchase of a Road Show, this is my personal hole in the ground.
    Bonus: Besides being sorted by cabinet depth, the entire lineup is sorted counter-clockwise by date of manufacture.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

OCD (resized).jpgOCD (resized).jpg
    #11306 5 years ago

Hah, nice. I've seen that one before and I still love it.

#11307 5 years ago
    Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Toppers work when a game is designed for it.
    Whirlwind, Addam’s... I can’t be bothered to thinking of any better examples.

Ya, I thought that too, but the Star Trek pro I just bought from a guy came with a topper that is just a piece of acrylic that lights up blue and it is really nice. So it depends on your situation I guess.

#11308 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

IMG_20180810_072655853_LL (resized).jpg

Undertale?

#11310 5 years ago

Just updated the game room with a nice Slugfest - good two player game. I do have to say the Chex does get the most play with a group of people over something about hockey in the great white north..... who knew lol

IMG_20180722_123008 (resized).jpgIMG_20180722_123008 (resized).jpgIMG_20180807_170543 (resized).jpgIMG_20180807_170543 (resized).jpg
    #11311 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Fishtales topper is not only awesome looking, it's loud as hell!

I think fish tales is the best topper but the new Potc ce topper looks as though it could be really good.

#11312 5 years ago

This morning's project: a legit use for a Star Explorer.

star (resized).jpgstar (resized).jpg
    #11313 5 years ago
    09461A9A-1C1B-4DB9-B172-6D888C362C84 (resized).jpeg09461A9A-1C1B-4DB9-B172-6D888C362C84 (resized).jpeg
    #11314 5 years ago

Hey guys

Just wanted to share a couple of photos of the game room area in our new house. It's still a work in progress. I really enjoy seeing everyone elses photos, and getting lots of ideas.

Cheers,
    MacJedi

IMG_0294 (resized).JPGIMG_0294 (resized).JPGIMG_0296 (resized).JPGIMG_0296 (resized).JPGIMG_0298 (resized).JPGIMG_0298 (resized).JPG
    #11315 5 years ago
    Quoted from MacJedi:

Hey guys
    Just wanted to share a couple of photos of the game room area in our new house. It's still a work in progress. I really enjoy seeing everyone elses photos, and getting lots of ideas.
    Cheers,
    MacJedi[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice backglass wall!

#11316 5 years ago
    Quoted from MacJedi:

Hey guys
    Cheers,
    MacJedi[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Collection!
    I’m thinking you should hang Lucille from the ceiling above TWD!

#11317 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Nice backglass wall!

Thanks IdahoRealtor !

Thanks imagamejunky , I appreciate it. Been collecting for about 4 years. I've been lucky and found several grail pins in the last six months (Tron, IJ, and LOTR).

Quoted from imagamejunky:

I’m thinking you should hang Lucille from the ceiling above TWD!

HAHA! Good idea! Maybe I'll hang it up a little loose, and then you have the added adrenaline rush of wondering if you are going to get whacked in the head by Lucille while playing the game.

#11318 5 years ago

I'm putting an offer in on a house tomorrow, and the wife says I can do whatever I want with the basement... If we get it, it has a 19'x13' room, a 10'x11',and a 20'x25' main area... Too bad at the current prices it will take me the rest of my life to fill it with pins!

The down side is it's not a walkout, and the stairs will be tricky...

#11319 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

I'm putting an offer in on a house tomorrow, and the wife says I can do whatever I want with the basement... If we get it, it has a 19'x13' room, a 10'x11',and a 20'x25' main area... Too bad at the current prices it will take me the rest of my life to fill it with pins!

WOW I could see a 19x13 theater, 10x11 shop and a 20x25 arcade. Have fun.

#11320 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:I'm putting an offer in on a house tomorrow, and the wife says I can do whatever I want with the basement... If we get it, it has a 19'x13' room, a 10'x11',and a 20'x25' main area... Too bad at the current prices it will take me the rest of my life to fill it with pins!

Word of advice from experience. Having a walkout is almost ESSENTIAL to collecting pins and arcades.

My last game room in the last house had a stairway that ran 90 degrees with a landing...made it next to impossible to get large stuff into the room.

So, if at all possible, work a walkout entry into the cost of building a game room. My current room didn't have it, so I added the walkout to the plans. Concrete stairway, custom 44 in. wide door, etc. added to the cost but in the long run, made it sooooo much easier to use.

If there is a window that can be modified into a doorway, words can't describe how invaluable that really is.

#11321 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW I could see a 19x13 theater, 10x11 shop and a 20x25 arcade. Have fun.

Really? I thought 19x13 arcade, 10x11 arcade and a 20x25 arcade

#11322 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Word of advice from experience. Having a walkout is almost ESSENTIAL to collecting pins and arcades.
    My last game room in the last house had a stairway that ran 90 degrees with a landing...made it next to impossible to get large stuff into the room.
    So, if at all possible, work a walkout entry into the cost of building a game room. My current room didn't have it, so I added the walkout to the plans. Concrete stairway, custom 44 in. wide door, etc. added to the cost but in the long run, made it sooooo much easier to use.
    If there is a window that can be modified into a doorway, words can't describe how invaluable that really is.

I would have loved to have a walkout...
    But I didn't, and couldn't add one...
    My stairwell also has a 90 degree landing at the top as well.

I managed to get over 60 pins and 45 arcade games in and out, largest being Daytona USA twin.
    I know you said almost essential... I'm just here to provide the other side of that almost.

#11323 5 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

#11324 5 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Just knock those walls down and have one huge arcade room!

#11325 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

This is exactly what I did in our downstairs area. It has made things a hell of a lot easier for us!

#11326 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I managed to get over 60 pins and 45 arcade games in and out, largest being Daytona USA twin.
    I know you said almost essential... I'm just here to provide the other side of that almost.

Where there is a will (and a pin), there’s a way!

1F897AA1-1D2A-43A8-B42A-1EFCA7A5852B (resized).jpeg1F897AA1-1D2A-43A8-B42A-1EFCA7A5852B (resized).jpeg
    #11327 5 years ago
    2F9216AE-50F2-404E-9D8F-AACC6471F3FB (resized).jpeg2F9216AE-50F2-404E-9D8F-AACC6471F3FB (resized).jpegBC366E98-48EA-402D-83D7-137FE4F6889B (resized).jpegBC366E98-48EA-402D-83D7-137FE4F6889B (resized).jpeg
    #11328 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Try this instead...
    Well, maybe not the war part.

#11329 5 years ago

Walkout project. Started out as a 48 x 48 in. window. Began excavating
    excavation01 (resized).jpgexcavation01 (resized).jpg

Cut out the house foundation for a doorway
    door-outside2 (resized).jpgdoor-outside2 (resized).jpg

Added the steps and concrete
    img04 (resized).jpgimg04 (resized).jpg

Finished view from the inside. Custom door 44 in. wide, 7.5 ft. high
    img11 (resized).jpgimg11 (resized).jpg

#11330 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Walkout project. Started out as a 48 x 48 in. window. Began excavating
    [quoted image]
    Cut out the house foundation for a doorway
    [quoted image]
    Added the steps and concrete
    [quoted image]
    Finished view from the inside. Custom door 44 in. wide, 7.5 ft. high
    [quoted image]

I would be so paranoid about that drain clogging!

#11331 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

Same exact measurements as my house. It's bi-level. The 19x13 was a garage but I closed it off for my work room and runoff pins. 20x25 is my game room and 10 x11 is storage. I also have a 12x24 addition for more pins.

#11332 5 years ago

I would have a cover over it for rain. Drain should only be relied on as a back up.

#11333 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Most definitely! Esp living in colorado, with the snow fall.

#11334 5 years ago

The drain in that stairwell feeds 2 ft. down, to the drain tile surrounding the house. It ends at a sump pump in the utility room, and I have an alarm within the pump. The sump well is lower than the top of the stair landing, so if there should be enough water to fill the sump and it fails, the alarm will blast and the level still wouldn't be enough to work its way under the door.

I have always been paranoid about excessive rain water when I lived in IL. Four sump pumps at times couldn't keep up. Many arcade machines trashed over the years. After the fourth time flooded, I finally did away with carpet and tiled the entire game room. Still, I got standing rain water during heavy rain, but clean-up was much easier.

So here in CO, I'm up on a hill (intentionally after my experience), and even the worst storms don't even come close to standing water. The floor is metallic polyaspartic that can't be water-damaged, and I sleep well during those occasional storms....

#11335 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

Most definitely! Esp living in colorado, with the snow fall.

Oddly, the snow is minimal. Even compared to living in the Chicago area. It's one of northern Colorado's best kept secrets.

It's the sun; they rarely even plow snow here because the sun takes it away. And no salt, unlike IL.

Now, western Colorado is a different story. In Vail they get several feet of snow - and they're thrilled if they get three feet overnight. All about skiing.

#11336 5 years ago

I dream of having a walkout someday

#11337 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

All about skiing

Or snowboarding! I will be out in Breck for new years this year!

#11338 5 years ago

While on the subject of water, here's a video of my game room in Illinois ten years ago, after a storm that left 4 inches of water in much of the room. 8 minute walk-thru and you can see the carpet floating.

There were four sump pumps in the room, but the power outage killed the deal. Things you learn.

#11339 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine clogs - it is a nightmare! We’ve narrowly avoided flooding about 10 times over the years

#11341 5 years ago

I almost bought a house that had two sump pumps in a finished basement. Good thing I listened to my gut feeling. When I thought myself, there is a reason there is two sump pumps!!!!!

#11342 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

I almost bought a house that had two sump pumps in a finished basement. Good thing I listened to my gut feeling. When I thought myself, there is a reason there is two sump pumps!!!!!

Not sure I understand the logic. If you only have one sump pump, you're a moron.

I have 3 sump pumps, no issues here. Each has it's own stage. They aren't meant to run together.

I spent money on drainage outside too.

Dont forget to keep your gutters clear.

#11343 5 years ago

I was the thinking the more sump pumps the more water accumulates in your basement. I have one sump pump in my house now and it hardly runs but i live on a hill and i have dug out and installed drainage tile to help. And yes keeping your gutters clean is a must!

#11344 5 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Not sure I understand the logic. If you only have one sump pump, you're a moron.
    I have 3 sump pumps, no issues here. Each has it's own stage. They aren't meant to run together.
    I spent money on drainage outside too.
    Dont forget to keep your gutters clear.

Some areas have a higher water table than others - we constantly have water surrounding our foundation so a sump would be a good idea if we started seeing water coming in.

what can you do if there's a power outage and the pump can't pump?

#11345 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Some areas have a higher water table than others - we constantly have water surrounding our foundation so a sump would be a good idea if we started seeing water coming in.
    what can you do if there's a power outage and the pump can't pump?

My wife wants me to buy a whole house generator, which is about the price of a pinball machine. She also wants a new pinball machine. Hmmm. Which do I buy? Dah - the pinball machine keeps winning that battle.

#11346 5 years ago

Whole house generator is really good to have if you have seen power outages on occasion. Otherwise, a battery-backup secondary sump pump could work in a power outage event. However, usually when the power goes out, the rain is very excessive, so you're limited to the capacity of a battery powered pump (usually not a lot of flow compared to a 3/4 HP sump). And, you need to change the battery every two years to keep it holding a normal charge.

I'd vote whole-house generator in a flooded basement scenario. And at least one additional pump.

I even had a secondary 3/4 HP pump in my sump well above the existing 3/4 HP pump as an overflow safeguard. That was in Illinois.

#11347 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

My wife wants me to buy a whole house generator, which is about the price of a pinball machine. She also wants a new pinball machine. Hmmm. Which do I buy? Dah - the pinball machine keeps winning that battle.

I was going to redo a bathroom. Got the quote. Started to think...does the bathroom still function?....yep.....then I'll get a DI.

I was going to redo the back patio. Got the quote. Started to think...is it fine for the little I use it?....yep....Hello MET.

#11348 5 years ago

The good news is, even if you get a foot of water in your basement, your pins will survive nicely.

But you'll need to keep a supply of glides to replace the rusted ones that land in the water.

#11349 5 years ago

Very happy that my house is almost at the top of a hill. My basement stays dry without an active sump pump (do have a french drain around the house). We've had a decent amount of rainfall this summer but haven't seen any problems in the basement. Plenty of snow in the winter and things were dry down there too.

#11350 5 years ago

I have walk out basement on hill. No need for sump pumps. It's gravity feed to septic system. Spent big money on seamless, oversized, covered rain gutter system. No problems with water in basement at all.

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/227?hl=koos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.