Topic Stats

• 23,725 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Nicoli125
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240329_010145474 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240329_010155166 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6895 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6906 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6907 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6908 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg

There are 23,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 475.
    #11001 5 years ago
    Quoted from thelazybman:

that was easy NOT

yup! got that t-shirt

#11002 5 years ago

Found this sign while being forced shopping with the wife. Thought it was a good mantra to have in the pinroom.
    IMG_20180627_124526 (resized).jpgIMG_20180627_124526 (resized).jpg
    Also, my wonderful sister visits antique shops all the time, and not one week ago, I asked her if she ever finds an old gumball machine, to nab it. She did. Repurposed for the pinroom!
    IMG_20180630_193806 (resized).jpgIMG_20180630_193806 (resized).jpg

#11003 5 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Found this sign while being forced shopping with the wife. Thought it was a good mantra to have in the pinroom.

Also, my wonderful sister visits antique shops all the time, and not one week ago, I asked her if she ever finds an old gumball machine, to nab it. She did. Repurposed for the pinroom!

Never seen a gumball machine like that. How old is it?

#11004 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

It is a Northwestern 49 which they designated the name based on the year they started production. It is around 1949 but may be a few years after.

Still works, but I would be afraid to eat anything that was in it as there was some nasty looking metal on the base of the globe mech. Owner didn't have keys. I drilled it out and put a lock on it I had in the pinball parts. The glass is very thick. They were built to last back then.

#11005 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Let’s guess... mid-50s?

#11006 5 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Let’s guess... mid-50s?

Good guess. I posted the answer seconds before you. Haha

#11007 5 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

It is a Northwestern 49 which they designated the name based on the year they started production. It is around 1949 but may be a few years after.
    Still works, but I would be afraid to eat anything that was in it as there was some nasty looking metal on the base of the globe mech. Owner didn't have keys. I drilled it out and put a lock on it I had in the pinball parts. The glass is very thick. They were built to last back then.

Cool thanks.

#11008 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have one just like it on my fridge......LOL.

John

#11009 5 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

That's cool. I need some pinballs. Can I bring a roll of nickels over and go to town on the gumball machine?

#11010 5 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

That's cool. I need some pinballs. Can I bring a roll of nickels over and go to town on the gumball machine?

LOL. Sure. They are the old ones I have accumulated as I've changed them out. A nickel per might work just fine. They'd be trash otherwise!

#11011 5 years ago

Anyone have a gameroom with lowish ceilings? ~6'-10"?

#11012 5 years ago

close-ish; 7/3-7/4 here.

#11013 5 years ago

Yes, mine is only about 6' 7". Of course my whole family is fairly short so it doesn't feel that bad. When a tall guest comes is when it's noticeable. And no toppers on games but I'm an EM guy anyway. I wish it were taller but I don't see moving so we deal with it.

#11014 5 years ago

HS2, FT and JD have fit in mine comfortably.

#11015 5 years ago

My bsd is in its new home...

BF6BB45B-C090-4F3F-A844-E9FE2536AA9F (resized).jpegBF6BB45B-C090-4F3F-A844-E9FE2536AA9F (resized).jpeg
    #11018 5 years ago

Smartest thing you've said in weeks.......

#11019 5 years ago

My ceilings in the basement are only 82.5 inches high (6' 10) which isn't great, plus I have beams and pipes to contend with. Its why I haven't posted a picture, its not finished and not all that great to look at.

IMG_8937-min (resized).JPGIMG_8937-min (resized).JPG
    #11020 5 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

My ceilings in the basement are only 82.5 inches high (6' 10) which isn't great, plus I have beams and pipes to contend with. Its why I haven't posted a picture, its not finished and not all that great to look at.

Any issues with raising play field all the way up?

Looks good to me. Pins and low ceilings > low ceilings and no pins

#11021 5 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

Not for the ones on the left. On the right there's a beam and steam pipes that run across the house and while you can fit a game under there (well, fit an old bally or EM game), you can't bring the playfield 100% upright in that spot.

#11022 5 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

I have 6' 7". My two DE just fit with 1/2" to spare. No toppers.

#11023 5 years ago

Topless is good !

#11024 5 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Topless is good !

Nice....

#11025 5 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

Looks good to me. Pins and low ceilings > low ceilings and no pins

My basement ceiling is 78". When I set a pin up I have to put it on my HF lift, jack it up (crawl under it) and remove the rear legs. Then lower it and raise the head, jack it back up (head between floor joists) and reinstall the legs and lower into place. Obviously, toppers won't work. One or two pins have a pipe approx 1" from top of head.

With mine, I have to tie a rope to the pf and the ceiling to hold it up high enough to work under it.

#11026 5 years ago

Spent the weekend painting a deep blue. Got all my games on one wall now.

TNA coming soon!

4B087973-49C6-4182-8B8B-DDFBE5F3953D (resized).jpeg4B087973-49C6-4182-8B8B-DDFBE5F3953D (resized).jpeg
    #11027 5 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

Looks like my joists are at 85 inches so it's close.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-coming-upongoing#post-2502130

Quoted from tamoore:

Smartest thing you've said in weeks.......

Fuck you.
    A full day and sadly that's the only reply I could come up with

#11028 5 years ago

Updated pics of the game room. I think I'm done for now haha

20180703_192621 (resized).jpg20180703_192621 (resized).jpg20180703_192632 (resized).jpg20180703_192632 (resized).jpg20180703_192655 (resized).jpg20180703_192655 (resized).jpg20180703_192732 (resized).jpg20180703_192732 (resized).jpg
    #11029 5 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

Updated pics of the game room. I think I'm done for now haha

Looks great and you have a bar and pool table too.

#11030 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks great and you have a bar and pool table too.

Need them leg light ups now

#11031 5 years ago

Leg light ups and topless could be a really good combo.

#11032 5 years ago

I have bit the bullet and have ordered another moto GP and an Iron Maiden. Hopefully have them in 10to 14 days. Wanted them for my 40th birthday party which is August 4th.

Pics to follow once I set it up.

#11033 5 years ago
    Quoted from eagle18:

My 70’s pins hanging out with the 70’s concert posters in the game room.

Love the look of your Mata Hari. In fact I changed some bulbs in my backglass to make it look similar. Hope you don't mind.

#11034 5 years ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

Love the look of your Mata Hari. In fact I changed some bulbs in my backglass to make it look similar. Hope you don't mind.

Hey thanks. Help yourself. The colored LEDs in certain spots look a lot better. I left the incandescent lights on the playfield but put LEDs under the playfield. I think that makes it better too.

#11035 5 years ago

July walk-thru in my game room. Gadgets seem to have taken over. Constantly evolving.

#11036 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

July walk-thru in my game room. Gadgets seem to have taken over. Constantly evolving.

That’s a serious gameroom! Gorgeous! What are the floors...concrete?

#11037 5 years ago

My Galaxy 3 dartboard gets more play time than anything in my collection when we have people over. With the interactive video and light show, everyone plays it and gets hooked. It’s easy enough for everyone, you are not constantly playing, and it is social. When it is just us though, the pinball machines by far get the most use.

Quoted from jorge5240:

We have a lot of parties so I figured I give a list of what gets played by different demographics and most in general.
    1 Pac-Man battle royale. This was a great buy. Kids love it, not intimidating, great drinking game. If you have the room it is a great purchase.
    2 terminator salvation kids love it easy to play. Is repetitive but for parties a big hit.
    3 moto GP my kids love it. It is probably second favorite to Pac-Man right now. Adult males seem to love it. Want a second one to race.
    4 skeeball easy and can play a quick game. Gets lots of play.
    5 claw machine- my dad laughed at me when I bought this but a huge hit. We let the kids win as many prizes as possible and then let them each take one home.
    6 slot machines- older people love the slots. Like crack to them. My wife is a pretty big fan as well.
    7. Poker table- used to get hundreds of hours of play. Sadly had kids and my games have dried up. Miss this one
    Things that I thought get more play-
    Mario carts. They do alright but kids sometimes can’t reach the pedals.
    Bubble hockey just got it but takes some skill and intimidating to some.
    Big buck hunter- great game. I love it but just not easy to walk up and play. Doesn’t get the play I thought it would. Have zombies which you think would be a big hit.
    Finally and unfortunately pinball. If I don’t have a group of middle aged dudes over the odds out I will have a bunch four player games started that are never finished. I love pins and they are for me. But for our parties not the biggest hits.
    On the list once I get more spaces-
    DDR- wife wants one bad
    Jurassic Park arcade- whole family wants one
    Battle pod. This is mad dad’s baby. I know it is linear but this is what the man wants.
    Dart machine- I want one because I like drinking games but my wife is scared the kids will kill themselves
    Whac a mole- this for the kids. Think they would love it.

8C016AED-C8C4-49A8-BD9C-F944C35058F5 (resized).jpeg8C016AED-C8C4-49A8-BD9C-F944C35058F5 (resized).jpeg
    #11038 5 years ago

Those with an arcade and theater room...is it worth it for parties or would you rather have the space for more games? Our basement is mostly social. I currently have a space marked off for a nice sized theater. Currently have 3 pinballs, driving arcade, fighting arcade, bubble hockey, professional dartboard, and pool/ping pong table. Just don’t want to jump in and find out we never use it. Thoughts?

#11039 5 years ago

sounds like you have enough stuff for a party, brah. spoil yourself a little and do the theater.

#11040 5 years ago
    Quoted from VillaThrills:

Those with an arcade and theater room...is it worth it for parties or would you rather have the space for more games? Our basement is mostly social. I currently have a space marked off for a nice sized theater. Currently have 3 pinballs, driving arcade, fighting arcade, bubble hockey, professional dartboard, and pool/ping pong table. Just don’t want to jump in and find out we never use it. Thoughts?

I wouldn't trade my theater for room for more machines, but I use mine all the time. A lot of time it's just me watching a movie or playing some Xbox. You really have to determine what your use might be.

If you're on the fence, you might be able to do something similar to what others have done and put a projector and some speakers in the main room.

I decided on the dedicated theater because I'm a big movie fan.

How big is your basement and how big of a theater are you planning?

#11041 5 years ago

I have an additional 15x20’ room available to me. Need to demolish what is in there first. It was a mini bedroom and storage room. I always like to go high end with a theater, maybe do a Star Wars theme. Major downside is the ceiling height. It’s the one piece I hate about my house. Original owners didn’t spring for a deep pour on the basement and put in a 7’6” finished ceiling height. Still should make for a nice small theater.

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I wouldn't trade my theater for room for more machines, but I use mine all the time. A lot of time it's just me watching a movie or playing some Xbox. You really have to determine what your use might be.
    If you're on the fence, you might be able to do something similar to what others have done and put a projector and some speakers in the main room.
    I decided on the dedicated theater because I'm a big movie fan.
    How big is your basement and how big of a theater are you planning?

5D412D22-51C5-49A1-A5AC-ABCF69E7B7C7 (resized).jpeg5D412D22-51C5-49A1-A5AC-ABCF69E7B7C7 (resized).jpeg98645231-752B-40FD-84BE-2FA1AF76CCA7 (resized).jpeg98645231-752B-40FD-84BE-2FA1AF76CCA7 (resized).jpegFBDB17FC-31EC-44F3-B33D-850BF0877450 (resized).jpegFBDB17FC-31EC-44F3-B33D-850BF0877450 (resized).jpeg
    #11042 5 years ago

My theater is also great for sporting events. Do football in there every Sunday in the winter and UFC.

I want a dart machine but my wife thinks my kids will kill each other with it. But it definitely on my list

#11043 5 years ago

I have an additional 15x20’ room available to me. Need to demolish what is in there first. It was a mini bedroom and storage room. I always like to go high end with a theater, maybe do a Star Wars theme. Major downside is the ceiling height. It’s the one piece I hate about my house. Original owners didn’t spring for a deep pour on the basement and put in a 7’6” finished ceiling height. Still should make for a nice small theater.

That dart board is cool. I would never have guessed the $ those go for.

#11044 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Great video and fantastic game room!

#11045 5 years ago

15' x 20' isn't a bad size. I think mine is 11.5' x 23.5'. I have enough for 2 rows of seating which takes into account 2' of space behind the AT screen.

7.5' will work depending on what you do for soundproofing, but it will be close. Mine caps out at 6' 6" when standing on the riser. My tallest friend clocks in right around 6'4", so there is some space.

Keep in mind I lost ~ 2.5" for the clips / channel / DD, another ~2" for the subfloor and the ~10" for the riser. If you aren't doing all that, you won't lose as much space.

#11046 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

15' x 20' isn't a bad size. I think mine is 11.5' x 23.5'. I have enough for 2 rows of seating which takes into account 2' of space behind the AT screen.
    7.5' will work depending on what you do for soundproofing, but it will be close. Mine caps out at 6' 6" when standing on the riser. My tallest friend clocks in right around 6'4", so there is some space.
    Keep in mind I lost ~ 2.5" for the clips / channel / DD, another ~2" for the subfloor and the ~10" for the riser. If you aren't doing all that, you won't lose as much space.

Ceiling Height is very important though. You will want to bounce any Atmos height speakers vs direct fire them from the ceiling at that height.

I spend way more time in the theater then I do in the arcade. Hard not to. It’s just so awesome for movies and games (PS4/Xbox)

#11047 5 years ago

Do you LOVE movies, if so do it.

#11048 5 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Ceiling Height is very important though. You will want to bounce any Atmos height speakers vs direct fire them from the ceiling at that height.
    I spend way more time in the theater then I do in the arcade. Hard not to. It’s just so awesome for movies and games (PS4/Xbox)

Once again the thought put into this game house is insane. I'm in Colorado quite a bit, if you have a party, can I get an invite lol. I promise not be to obnoxious!

#11049 5 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Once again the thought put into this game house is insane. I'm in Colorado quite a bit, if you have a party, can I get an invite lol. I promise not be to obnoxious!

The GF after our housewarming party said no more parties

She’ll come around eventually

#11050 5 years ago

Not the whole room but just the pins. Lol

452E1475-41C1-4707-AD3C-5FBD4E8AFA35 (resized).jpeg452E1475-41C1-4707-AD3C-5FBD4E8AFA35 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 475.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/221?hl=sdtminstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.