Topic Stats

• 13,748 posts
  • 1,696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Skyemont
  • Topic is favorited by 708 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,241 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7C570E2B-7255-41CF-B644-2BCA4EF3629F (resized).jpeg
    D6C10B83-D3E2-4D81-8EF5-66CB5E65F64A (resized).jpeg
    9F5C1F85-065F-471F-BDC5-5654E3D08F97 (resized).jpeg
    MVIMG_20190817_234258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0568 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0572 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0571 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0570 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0569 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190817_211832_972 (resized).jpg

There are 13748 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 275.
    #10651 1 year ago

they are sweet.

#10652 1 year ago

Closer......

IMG_0775 (resized).jpg

IMG_0776 (resized).jpg

IMG_0827 (resized).jpg

IMG_0841 (resized).jpg

#10653 1 year ago

Holly cow, you sir have some Amazing toys! Congrats what an amazing collection!!

#10654 1 year ago

Redo my terminator. I going to keep pestering you until you hook me up with some of your awesome work . Lol

#10655 1 year ago

You may not like my price

Quoted from jorge5240:

Redo my terminator. I going to keep pestering you until you hook me up with some of your awesome work . Lol

#10656 1 year ago

always thought it would be cool to have T2 pin and vid next to each other.

#10657 1 year ago

04/22/18 game room party last night. Continues to evolve with gadgets:

#10658 1 year ago

I have a ranch, so the basement is long, not square...pins on one end, home theater at the other end for when I'm being lousy at pins (which happens a lot).

20180216_195800 (resized).jpg

20180216_195810 (resized).jpg

#10659 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I have a ranch, so the basement is long, not square...pins on one end, home theater at the other end for when I'm being lousy at pins (which happens a lot).

Good looking space!

#10660 1 year ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

Good looking space!

Thanks! I'm a cheapskate at heart, so the projector screen is actually white trim paint surrounded by 1x4 pine covered in black velveteen. 7.1 with at about 1.1KW of audio + two 12" powered subs. Bought a discontinued Yamaha receiver and a refurb'd Epson projector with really nice specs. Incredibly impressive for how little I spent - actually better than going to a theater!

#10661 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks! I'm a cheapskate at heart, so the projector screen is actually white trim paint surrounded by 1x4 pine covered in black velveteen. 7.1 with at about 1.1KW of audio + two 12" powered subs. Bought a discontinued Yamaha receiver and a refurb'd Epson projector with really nice specs. Incredibly impressive for how little I spent - actually better than going to a theater!</blockquote

#10662 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks! I'm a cheapskate at heart, so the projector screen is actually white trim paint surrounded by 1x4 pine covered in black velveteen. 7.1 with at about 1.1KW of audio + two 12" powered subs. Bought a discontinued Yamaha receiver and a refurb'd Epson projector with really nice specs. Incredibly impressive for how little I spent - actually better than going to a theater!

Just realized you are just up the road from me. Nice to see another Hoosier on Pinside!

#10663 1 year ago

Hi Dave,

I'll shoot you a PM shortly so I don't derail the thread!

Mark

#10664 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

04/22/18 game room party last night. Continues to evolve with gadgets:
    » YouTube video

More gadgets? What on earth can you add that isn't already there???? We demand reports on new stuff!!! Did I mention I'm moving to Loveland CO?????? I'll call when I get to town, I'm sure you have operators standing by.

ringydingy (resized).jpg

#10665 1 year ago
    Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

First room filled...

A Big Bang Bar? Ok, now you are just showing off! LOL. Excellent selection.

Any chance your are an original owner of BBB?

#10666 1 year ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

More gadgets? What on earth can you add that isn't already there???? We demand reports on new stuff!!! Did I mention I'm moving to Loveland CO?????? I'll call when I get to town, I'm sure you have operators standing by.

Definitely come and visit. I am now faced with having to remove something in order to add something else. I do have a few walls left to populate; currently putting in a Chiclet candy machine, chrome plated, wall mounted, right above the gumball machines.
    adams (resized).jpg

#10667 1 year ago

Hey Pinsiders. It's been 4+ years since I posted here and, since I just cleaned up the game room, thought I'd post some pictures.

IMG_0388 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0390 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0391 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0395 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0396 (resized).jpg

#10668 1 year ago

Looks like a great collection and a great dog! Life is good!

#10669 1 year ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Looks like a great collection and a great dog! Life is good!

Thanks for the kind words!

That dog is Kevin and he just plopped down in the middle of my picture, so I went with it. Guess he knew he’d improve the results

#10670 1 year ago

Does anyone have color-changing GU10's in a ceiling fixture in their gameroom? I'd like to see a few pics or a video of them on with pins on in the room, to get some idea what the lighting f/x will look like.

#10671 1 year ago
    Quoted from altan:

Hey Pinsiders. It's been 4+ years since I posted here and, since I just cleaned up the game room, thought I'd post some pictures.

Very nice! I assume you did some electrical upgrades to play all those at once? Details?

#10672 1 year ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Does anyone have color-changing GU10's in a ceiling fixture in their gameroom? I'd like to see a few pics or a video of them on with pins on in the room, to get some idea what the lighting f/x will look like.

I can't help with the GU10s, but your question inspired me to upload/post the custom wall I made about a year ago. One of these days (when pins aren't being worked on) I'll have to take video/pics with the machines (pins were pulled away from the wall for this clip).

#10673 1 year ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

I can't help with the GU10s, but your question inspired me to upload/post the custom wall I made about a year ago. One of these days (when pins aren't being worked on) I'll have to take video/pics with the machines (pins were pulled away from the wall for this clip).
    » YouTube video

That looks great.

#10674 1 year ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

» YouTube video

Can you take a pic with the leds off and lights on? Id like to see how the wall is built

#10675 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Very nice! I assume you did some electrical upgrades to play all those at once? Details?

Thanks. Nothing special about the electrical. I did add a 20 amp circuit many years ago. Real world tests (and pinside threads) show you can do 5-6 pins on 20 amp.

I was luckily that different walls already had different circuits too.

... Altan

#10676 1 year ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Can you take a pic with the leds off and lights on? Id like to see how the wall is built

[ The MSF I sold was in the blank spot and obscured the wiring, but the gap will be filled ]

A picture alone likely won't reveal how it's built, so I'll give an idea. I painted the lighted section of the wall with a pearl/metallic white with the expectation that it would better show and reflect the colors (not sure how much difference it really makes). The initial framing was done with 1x2s flat on the wall where all of the LED strips go, and also at the top. The bottom of those 1x2s (facing the ground) were wrapped in reflective, aluminum tape, and the top of the 1x2s have the LED strips facing the ceiling (I can see that the reflective tape does make an appreciable difference). The LED strips themselves are recessed slightly below the black facade pieces to obscure the direct view of the LED spots.

The diffusion panels are just the 4' fluorescent type light covers (got them for about $2 each at the time as they were closing out that particular panel). The black facade bits (painted gloss black) were a combination of wood strips (the upper three may have been pre-painted white at the store), and the bottom and sides were jigsawed out of some sort of compressed fiber/wood panel (rather hard material--again, it's been a fair while since I built it and it was all from scratch on a whim, so some material details are foggy as I just went through the store and found stuff that would make my idea work [my girlfriend thought I was insane as she couldn't envision what I was describing, but she was impressed with the end result ]). The light panels and facade pieces were adhered with some combination of liquid nails (or caulk) and tacks/short nails.

The 3 separate LED strips are set to color change with slightly different timing. This creates a rather mesmerizing effect as it's fairly unpredictable, and when it happens to match all three colors, the room gets a noticeable burst of that color.

Note: All dimensions were determined by the height of the pins and the ceiling height/room size.

lightwalloff (resized).jpg

Took this shot recently as well:

20180424_183711 (resized).jpg

#10677 1 year ago

yesss!

#10678 1 year ago

Some stuff framed and mounted on the wall today.

0A179560-1EE1-4C0A-89B7-1D884B880942 (resized).jpeg

#10680 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Love to see more of that Freedom!

#10681 1 year ago
    Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Love to see more of that Freedom!

Minor thread derail. Would have sent via PM, but couldn't send a pic! $350 barn find (well, pole barn find).

Back to the regularly scheduled thread. LOL

20180426_203422 (resized).jpg

#10682 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

$350 barn find (well, pole barn find).

Beautiful condition game! My brother owns the SS version...very fun. Those early SS games feel a bit 'empty' to me without all the chatter coming from under the hood. Would love to play the EM version. A steal at that price.

#10683 1 year ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

I do, I've got 6 multi-directional GU10 color changers. I don't have any pictures at the moment but what I'll say is that they are quite dark. I have no natural light coming into the room and even with all the pins and arcades on it is quite a dark room. It does look cool though and I like it but I keep a spotlight in the corner for doing any work down there. I'll see if I can grab some pics this weekend.

#10684 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gerrard17:

I do, I've got 6 multi-directional GU10 color changers. I don't have any pictures at the moment but what I'll say is that they are quite dark. I have no natural light coming into the room and even with all the pins and arcades on it is quite a dark room. It does look cool though and I like it but I keep a spotlight in the corner for doing any work down there. I'll see if I can grab some pics this weekend.

That sounds a lot like the setup I'm aiming for, I like the room on the dark side. I have a couple of torchier lamps for regular light and a spotlight for work. Looking forward to pics!

#10685 1 year ago

Put the new carpet down tonight. It's insane. The stars look like they're hovering above the carpet. No idea it would have that 3d effect.

20180426_221848 (resized).jpg

#10686 1 year ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Put the new carpet down tonight. It's insane. The stars look like they're hovering above the carpet. No idea it would have that 3d effect.

VERY nice GL. Don't forget to send some pics with the pins in there!

#10687 1 year ago

More blacklight. Camera doesn't capture it great

20180426_223332 (resized).jpg

20180426_223308 (resized).jpg

#10688 1 year ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Looks good to me!

What kind of cost per square yard? I'm considering something different in a new 12' × 12' arcade room.

#10689 1 year ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Looks really cool. My basement vinyl planks are nice, but I wonder if I can just get an area rug in a pattern like this for my small gameroom. Needs that fun arcade vibe, the pins do a good job of that but every gameroom I see with blacklight carpet looks so inviting.

#10690 1 year ago
    Quoted from swillie:

Looks really cool. My basement vinyl planks are nice, but I wonder if I can just get an area rug in a pattern like this for my small gameroom. Needs that fun arcade vibe, the pins do a good job of that but every gameroom I see with blacklight carpet looks so inviting.

I was thinking along the sames lines, but maybe a runner instead.

#10691 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I was thinking along the sames lines, but maybe a runner instead.

A runner in front of your row of pins? That is a really good idea!

#10692 1 year ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Yeah now it looks better, I like it. What I did was to put a 20 inch bl florescent on the bottom of each game to light up my carpet. If you do that your carpet will look that bright under each game and they will look like they are floating on the carpet.

#10693 1 year ago

I found the same pattern in tiles on amazon. 4 tiles for $250usd with free shipping for fellow Americans. Would do a 12' × 3' runner perfectly.

Quoted from swillie:A runner in front of your row of pins? That is a really good idea!

#10694 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I found the same pattern in tiles on amazon. 4 tiles for $250usd with free shipping for fellow Americans. Would do a 12' × 3' runner perfectly.

Hey dirk, what did you search for on Amazon? I tried a few terms but never found results close.

#10695 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I cannot find it either... could you post a link?

#10696 1 year ago

I'm bad at links but searched neon carpet. Joy carpets came up lots. Was trying to find a canadian supplier but everything kept coming up American.

Try joy carpet neon on amazon.

#10697 1 year ago

I think I like this one best so farindex.jpeg

This is on their home page. Looks pretty cool.rsz_nightlifeblacklight2-compressed-compressed.jpg

#10698 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I think I like this one best so far
    This is on their home page. Looks pretty cool.

I have Under the Sea, it's very colorful.

#10699 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Minor thread derail. Would have sent via PM, but couldn't send a pic! $350 barn find (well, pole barn find).
    Back to the regularly scheduled thread. LOL

Beautiful!

Loved that game. Mine was not that nice, and then it stopped working, and I needed the room. Had to sell it It's in my top 5 favorite EM's though. Someday maybe that freedom flag will fly again in my house

#10700 1 year ago
    Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Some stuff framed and mounted on the wall today.

The Avatar in that picture looks nothing like my Avatar. I'm confused.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    € 4.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Multigame
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 146.66
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 4,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 209.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Deadpool Premium Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 199.99
    There are 13748 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 275.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside